PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 - the Old West

StarzSuicide
01-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Is it just me or do any of you want to see assassins in the Old West? There is so much potential. An who doesn't love playing cowboys? I think it's an interesting idea, an a perfect follow up. Since they just added guns to the series, old west had the next best step in gunplay for assassins. Not to mention the story possibilities.

And can you name many Old West games besides these

Red Dead series
GUN
Call of Juarez

No? Didn't think so

Share your ideas!!

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
I love Red Dead Redemption, but that's exactly why I don't want to see AC go to the Old West. Rockstar has already done an almost flawless job with that, and I don't really see anything AC could add. Besides the fact that AC likes to visit time periods other games don't, the Old West wasn't necessarily a pivotal point in global history.

prince162010
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
nice idea i like red dead redemption is setting especially but not for AC IV

montagemik
01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Is it just me or do any of you want to see assassins in the Old West? There is so much potential. An who doesn't love playing cowboys? I think it's an interesting idea, an a perfect follow up. Since they just added guns to the series, old west had the next best step in gunplay for assassins. Not to mention the story possibilities.

And can you name many Old West games besides these

Red Dead series
GUN
Call of Juarez

No? Didn't think so

Share your ideas!!

They added guns in AC-B , But anyway - Wild west for AC ................Not for me thanks .

LoyalACFan
01-11-2013, 06:52 AM
The lofty, cerebral rhetoric of the Assassins wouldn't really mix well with the lawlessness of the Wild West IMO... Besides, I don't really see much point in the Assassins being active in that setting. It was all just a bunch of criminals and ranchers. If anything, I see the Assassins supporting the modernization of the Wild West to end the outlaw gunslinger lifestyle for the good of the general populace. And there would be nothing to free-run on... Not even trees...

Anyway, if AC3 is any indication, Ubi can't even make their **** horses work halfway decent. Broken horse mechanics would totally destroy a Wild West game.

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
not only no, but he** no. :mad:

go play Red Dead or something, this game should never convert to that.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
This game should not be converted into shooters...but if they really do convert it,it should be unique,very unique.

SkiesSeven
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
How exactly do you go from Assassins of the medieval era to a Wild West game?

If Ubisoft ever tried to pull off something like that, I would never buy another AC game.

TheHumanTowel
01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Nah I don't really like it as a setting for AC. It's an interesting period but the fact there would be nothing to free-run on at all should exclude it.

Locopells
01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Have to agree - it'd kill the free-running.

Megas_Doux
01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
No!!!!

there´s RDR, one the best games ever.......

IceHot100
01-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I think it's possibly mentioned above but I'll say it again. Assassin's Creed 3 is already half Red Dead except for the traditional Assassins feel. If you want to make a game in the old west it'd be completely same as the Red Dead Series. I'm not neglecting your idea. But it wouldn't feel Assassin-like playing in the west. Further speaking, the first game was actually a perfect setting for an Assassin's Creed game. After that the settings only got worse (no offending I love the game and Ezio is my favourite Assassin :P). In my opinion, some similar setting would be good. Alex Hutchinsson was right about the most wanted settings. They are just the worst! If I had the power, I'd make a middle eastern setting again. or somewhere in east-west Asia. Afghanistan,Pakistan or North India would be good.

Sushiglutton
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't hate the setting and I think it could be cool IF we played as an indian armed primarily with bow and knives. The more advanced guns should be an incentive to go stealthy. Have to pick a part of America with enough verticality and trees to make traversal fun.

DroppedClock56
01-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Meh, red dead redemption is cool but idk. look at the site im about to link, it shows some art ideas for ac4.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-4-China-Fan-Art-Imagines-Possibilities-51105.html

I think if the game goes off of what the art concepts, it would be breathtakingly great.
but hints show it will be in brazil playing as connor.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Assassins-creed-4-china-arte-fa-1.jpg
^more art
http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/01/07/this-is-how-you-do-assassins-creed-4-chinese-set-fan-art-sells-the-orient-hard

WillNiira
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
I want something unique, something that hasn't been done recently in a 3rd person game. I mean, I think the Old West could be good, but I still think that it should be something different.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Meh, red dead redemption is cool but idk. look at the site im about to link, it shows some art ideas for ac4.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-4-China-Fan-Art-Imagines-Possibilities-51105.html

I think if the game goes off of what the art concepts, it would be breathtakingly great.
but hints show it will be in brazil playing as connor.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Assassins-creed-4-china-arte-fa-1.jpg
^more art
http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/01/07/this-is-how-you-do-assassins-creed-4-chinese-set-fan-art-sells-the-orient-hard
Did Ubi actualy ever said China was a bad location? They said it for WW2, Egypt, and Japan but i don't know enymore about China.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I want something unique, something that hasn't been done recently in a 3rd person game. I mean, I think the Old West could be good, but I still think that it should be something different.
Is India unique enough?

LightRey
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
It's an overdone setting imo. Even if not in video games, then still in films, TV series, novels, etc. Tbh after ACIII I'm kinda done with the US. I'd rather have a game set even in eastern Asia (and as some of you know I'm strongly against such a setting).

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
It's an overdone setting imo. Even if not in video games, then still in films, TV series, novels, etc. Tbh after ACIII I'm kinda done with the US. I'd rather have a game set even in eastern Asia (and as some of you know I'm strongly against such a setting).
And what about the Netherlands and Flanders?

LightRey
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
And what about the Netherlands and Flanders?
Well the French Revolution (including, of course, the following wars) would be interesting. Other than that I wouldn't mind the 80 Years' War either or really any interesting part of the middle ages.

Sushiglutton
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
I want something unique, something that hasn't been done recently in a 3rd person game. I mean, I think the Old West could be good, but I still think that it should be something different.RDR was a cowboy game. I think that if we played as a native american instead the game could still be very different. It's not number one on my wishlist, I think it could work ok though.

Bluefire454
01-13-2013, 01:10 AM
I really don't want to stay in the same kind of area OR move any more current in the time period. We need a totally new location and a time period further in the past. (in my opinion at least).

And like everyone else is saying, Red Dead Redemption pretty much perfectly captured the wild west. If they put AC4 in the wild west, I would feel like I was playing RDR all over again.

itsamea-mario
01-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Well they've already done America sooo...

Black_Widow9
01-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Please post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609-Beyond-ACIII

Thanks ;)