PDA

View Full Version : ONE thing that needs to be improved in the next game

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Assuming the next game is a Brotherhood/Revelations style release (AC 3.5) where we play as Connor again, what is the #1 thing you would like to see improved upon (or removed) above all else? Please only pick one thing, and try not to suggest things that aren't in the games in any capacity at all. Don't suggest fixing bugs and glitches, cause this should be obvious. :rolleyes:

For me, I would like to see a much higher number of Tombs/Lairs/Temples/etc. These were some of my favorite levels in past games, and what we did get in AC3 was very minimal (one DLC level and a side-mission).

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
One thing I DON'T want to see in the next game is the horrendous Design structure of the Battle of Concord memory..

At that mission, remember the first E3 trailer ? remember the guy that was badass ? who shoved everyone away and took the horse ? Who was fighting an entire army alone ? who jumped with the bow and shot it ? Yeah....in that mission we`re not that guy....we`re this one
http://img.youtube.com/vi/YwmZbyDcq7k/0.jpg

TheHumanTowel
01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Assassination side-missions. AC3's assassination side-missions were ridiculously dumbed-down in comparison to previous games. I hope there's a return to the old style missions with maybe some investigation elements thrown in.

ze_topazio
01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
The map, how come synchronizing with the viewpoints doesn't reveal the full map like in previous games? i hope they fix that.

GunnarGunderson
01-11-2013, 01:43 AM
The difficulty and the amount of freedom in mission objectives

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 01:46 AM
The difficulty and the amount of freedom in mission objectives
Do you want it to be more or less difficult? Do you want there to be more freedom or more direction?

I assume you mean you want it harder with more freedom, but I'm just making sure. :p

Megas_Doux
01-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Background music during freeroam!!!!
investigation elements but not as repetitive as on AC1

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 05:25 AM
investigation elements but not as repetitive as on AC1
I was really hoping for this in AC3. The Bureaus really made you feel like you were part of the Brotherhood, and investigations and such should at least be optional.

Kaschra
01-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Assassination side-missions. AC3's assassination side-missions were ridiculously dumbed-down in comparison to previous games. I hope there's a return to the old style missions with maybe some investigation elements thrown in.
This. This so much.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2013, 06:06 AM

I'll second this, and up the ante to better side missions in general. Aside from the naval ones and Kidd's letters, none of the side missions were fun. Courier assignments, assassination contracts, liberation missions, delivery requests, "go-fetch-something-from-Boston" Homestead missions... No thanks. All of them were the same Travel Here, Press a Button format. ACB had decent side missions... Most of them actually coincided with the main story, instead of random tasks for complete strangers. A return to that concept would be fine by me.

montagemik
01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Something to actually DO in the world once the game is completed - i mean 1 to 3 years wait for a few days gameplay , then Nothing but aimless wandering - really ??

LUR21
01-11-2013, 07:10 AM
A horse that can gallop more then 50 meters. Like it was in ac1+2.

Gi1t
01-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Something to actually DO in the world once the game is completed - i mean 1 to 3 years wait for a few days gameplay , then Nothing but aimless wandering - really ??

That's a good one. :)

What I've seen other games do is sometimes to give the player something to reignite their interest in exploring the world around them. Near the end of Darksiders, which I player recently, they give you an item that reveals all treasure chests on the map, and even though I didn't need any of it, I actually enjoyed going around and re-exploring places because of it, even despite the fact that I had already done some backtracking earlier in the game for the same reason. So if there's some worth in the various hidden things in the next AC, then giving you an item after you finish that helps you find them might give you something to do.

The other option would be a new game plus, which I like even better. :) That, you can do almost anything with.

kuled2012
01-11-2013, 08:42 AM
The main target shouldn't be killed in a dumb QTE. Scratch that, QTE should never be in the game ever.

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 09:56 AM
I guess they should focus more on better directing and better story. I hope it will be more related to what's going on in the real world than to America's history. Though the games' main face is the historical setting, yet story-wise, the main point of re-visiting the past is to do something in the future so I don't really want an ACIII:Liberation kinda game that is only in the past.

I also wish that option objectives will be more justifiable and have a point not just "finish in 1:56 minutes because I said so" and more entertaining stuff to do after finishing the game, more Mayan Pyramid like levels, that one was EPIC!

SixKeys
01-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Less linearity. It's ridiculous how many missions in AC3 are literally "walk from cut scene A to cut scene B" and how player creativity is discouraged in favor of the more Hollywood-style execution the creators had in mind.

ACfan443
01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
It's too hard to name one thing! D:
It's between linearity/freedom, reducing the number of cutscenes, ambient music or horses (I should have posted this in the other thread)

If I have to pick one thing, I'll go for ambient music.

dxsxhxcx
01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Less linearity. It's ridiculous how many missions in AC3 are literally "walk from cut scene A to cut scene B" and how player creativity is discouraged in favor of the more Hollywood-style execution the creators had in mind.

this, a thousand times THIS!!! :)

also, the return of the way (at least an option to see some of them that way) the cutscenes were handled in AC1 (that IMO were much more immersive than the way it's now)... and many more things that were already mentioned here..

Sushiglutton
01-12-2013, 12:13 AM

Exactly this :D!!! The most important thing they have to change is to do less!

also, the return of the way (at least an option to see some of them that way) the cutscenes were handled in AC1 (that IMO were much more immersive than the way it's now)... and many more things that were already mentioned here..

Nooo :)! When there is a cutscene let me watch it in peace. I don't want to sit with one finger on the controller staring at the screen for some animus flimmer. I want to focus on what the characters are actually saying.

dxsxhxcx
01-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Nooo :)! When there is a cutscene let me watch it in peace. I don't want to sit with one finger on the controller staring at the screen for some animus flimmer. I want to focus on what the characters are actually saying.

that's why I said option.. hehe.. :p

IMO it was really cool how they used to change the focus from the protagonist to the event that was happening in front of him (zooming out the camera a little, it really put me in Desmond place watching the cutscene from that angle), and then there was the animus glitches that when activated at the right time gave us the cutscenes like we know now, it was rewarding watch the cutscenes during AC1 because they didn't happen often, now depending of the situation I can't wait to skip them to start playing again.

Sushiglutton
01-12-2013, 01:35 AM
that's why I said option.. hehe.. :p

IMO it was really cool how they used to change the focus from the protagonist to the event that was happening in front of him (zooming out the camera a little, it really put me in Desmond place watching the cutscene from that angle), and then there was the animus glitches that when activated at the right time gave us the cutscenes like we know now, it was rewarding watch the cutscenes during AC1 because they didn't happen often, now depending of the situation I can't wait to skip them to start playing again.

We are cool then :p!

ToughGuy31
01-12-2013, 01:46 AM
One thing I DON'T want to see in the next game is the horrendous Design structure of the Battle of Concord memory..

At that mission, remember the first E3 trailer ? remember the guy that was badass ? who shoved everyone away and took the horse ? Who was fighting an entire army alone ? who jumped with the bow and shot it ? Yeah....in that mission we`re not that guy....we`re this one
http://img.youtube.com/vi/YwmZbyDcq7k/0.jpg
This.

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 12:32 PM
- I'd like them to take out the crafting of items. I hated crafting bombs in ACR but in AC3 I can't even figure out how to make a single item, they made it way too complicated and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

- When you buy clothes, can we maybe SEE THEM before we purchase them?!?! I mean seriously stop describing stuff and SHOW US THE ITEMS.

- Make the combat less hard. I've always been super terrible at fighting in these games and making the amount of enemies as well as how many hits it takes to kill them even greater doesn't help at all.

- MAKE CONNOR MORE LIKABLE. I mean seriously -_-

- Make the layout of the animus/directory the same as the other games. I hate the layout of this game and still can't get used to it. Change the layout of the menu back to the way it was in previous titles, you can keep the black animus, just change it back.

- Get rid of the white loading screens- (MAKE EM SOLID BLACK)

this was a little more than 1 but oh well. :3

cmrggamer
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM

It's tough to choose one thing, but I think I'm going to have to go with this. I recently replayed AC1 and I was very impressed with the fact that there were so many ways to go into an assassination. You could easily do it several different ways each time you played. While I didn't mind the optional objectives, I think it sort of limits the replayability because if you want full synch there's really only one path to complete it, if that makes sense.
Otherwise, I would really like the side-missions to be more thought out. I loved how in the demo Connor was dropping off meat to the guy at the camp and the doctor was asking Connor to go in search for something else. I think these sort of more random missions would have added a lot more to the game in terms of stuff to complete after the main campaign was over and it would have made the NPCs seem more alive, even.

BATISTABUS
01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
this was a little more than 1 but oh well. :3

I'll let it slide....=P

Still, which would you say is the most important to you?

DroppedClock56
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
We need cooler assassin outfits!!!!!!!

Na seriously I think the storyline and setting need improvedement

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
We need cooler assassin outfits!!!!!!!

Na seriously I think the storyline and setting need improvedement
The thing that needs the most improvement is mission design, i mean commanding cannons?Commanding soldiers?Being commanded while riding your horse?

ACfan443
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
The thing that needs the most improvement is mission design, i mean commanding cannons?Commanding soldiers?Being commanded while riding your horse?

I didn't mind the canons, they added a bit of variety, and I personally found them fun. However the commanding on horseback was just awful, the dumb horses have seizures at the size of a damm pebble!

theshankpimp19
01-13-2013, 04:32 AM
The main target shouldn't be killed in a dumb QTE. Scratch that, QTE should never be in the game ever.

Well technically he's killed in a cutscene. He's just mortally wounded in a QTE.