PDA

View Full Version : Why did Minerva do this? (AC3 SPOILERS)

GoldyTart
01-11-2013, 12:53 AM
Cast your minds to the dark entrance of the Grand Temple and to the part where Desmond is about to touch the orb... We all know the fight between the Juno and Minerva and the choices Desmond had to make. There is one thing that intrigues me though...............

Minerva shows Desmond what will happen if he doesn't let Juno free. We see a ruined world rebuilt by the remaining Survivors. Obviously Minerva wanted the sacrifice the word just to shut Juno in. I am confused as to why Minerva didn't show Desmond what would happen if Desmond lets Juno free. Minerva feels that Desmond must let the flare do its thing but at the same time she doesn't even tell Desmond what Juno might do? And Minerva decides to show Desmond the ruins of the world. WHY? How could she expect him to understand what Minerva's warning is if she shows a cycle that will never break free and would make Desmond stay away from her desires.

All that glitters is not gold. Clearly Minerva has some hidden agenda.

Also I remember of a thread posted by this one forum-er named Shadowlord4001 where Assassin M suspects that Minerva is lying after seeing a plot hole. I'll post the link of the post here soon

EDIT: Here it is
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/742353-assassins-creed-ending-confusion-SPOILERS

Please discuss....

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 01:00 AM
I always thought that there's something unusual about that conversation at the end. I mean Juno said "He might not understand" what is there that he might not understand? It's clear as day. I think what Minerva said wasn't just to preserve the freedom of all mankind, maybe it's an old, personal argument between her and the other 2 of the triad. Maybe Minerva is in another vessel "Did you think there's only one?" and she too wants to be awaken, somehow or instead of Juno.

EscoBlades
01-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Or maybe the Minerva hologram was actually a projection of Juno the whole time to further manipulate Desmond's decision by presenting a (false) alternative to setting her free.

IronEagl3
01-11-2013, 02:58 AM
What I don't get is how the solar flare could be stopped if Juno was set free, and how sacrificing the earth would do anything to make sure Juno doesn't return, in hologram form that is.

GoldyTart
01-11-2013, 03:38 AM
^^ Exactly my point. The solution did work though because of that news reporter and the aurora thingy around the Earth during the credit... Why did Minerva wanted to waste centuries of research and work and dedication to save future Earth by not saving said future earth's solar flare?

Escoblade ^^: First of all, interesting theory. Second, Juno doing that to Desmond could cut both ways. What if it was Minerva the whole time steering this thing? Admittedly all those discussions of the first to six solutions wouldn't seem so likely and we wouldn't have seen Aita die I guess but hmmm............ DO YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO?????? 0.o

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
^^ Exactly my point. The solution did work though because of that news reporter and the aurora thingy around the Earth during the credit... Why did Minerva wanted to waste centuries of research and work and dedication to save future Earth by not saving said future earth's solar flare?

Escoblade ^^: First of all, interesting theory. Second, Juno doing that to Desmond could cut both ways. What if it was Minerva the whole time steering this thing? Admittedly all those discussions of the first to six solutions wouldn't seem so likely and we wouldn't have seen Aita die I guess but hmmm............ DO YOU HAVE INSIDE INFO?????? 0.o

What I don't get is how the solar flare could be stopped if Juno was set free, and how sacrificing the earth would do anything to make sure Juno doesn't return, in hologram form that is.

I agree with both of you.
If they knew this is a solution then why stop it? if Minerva will be set free, she already was free before and to set her free in a world where her own civilization is alive and is able to stop her is much better than to leave it to the choice of someone in a time where neither of her civilization members exist to stand a chance against her with all the power that she might acquire by "Manipulating the numbers and calculations".

Layytez
01-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Minerva and Jupiter left those discs behind but Juno threw them away. I wish they left at least one so that we still thought Minerva was helping us. She didn't seem bothered about them though.

GoldyTart
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
^^ Maybe she doesn't know her disks were destroyed...
Also I was wondering why Juno gave a key piece of info regarding the disk. Why tell that she threw the disks away when it would only question her actions? And she called those disks LIES. Most curious indeed!!!!