PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie?

ToughGuy31
01-11-2013, 12:03 AM
What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie? I personally would like to see a Desmond cameo, and Lucy having a minor or major role, along with Warren being played by http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UCmeQaXuFig#t=90s

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 12:48 AM
The more I think about Fassbender playing Desmond (as they claimed on their official page), the more I think of how he'll ruin Desmond and Ezio's image in the film simply because he looks nothing like either of those characters. That's what makes me not expect much from the film.

I'd love to see Franciso Randez playing Desmond, Ezio and Altair. I also wish to know the nature of the film, is it gonna be canonical or non-canonical to the games? is it gonna be a brand new story, a standalone adventure (which I doubt since they mentioned on the official FB page something regarding Fassbender playing Desmond) and is it gonna be a standalone film that may or may not be followed be another standalone story or a part of a trilogy or a summary of the story of all 3 AC games?

B_Crispino
01-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Well, I'd love to see what the Templars/other Assassins were doing while we were playing as Desmond... It may be on the movie (I dont think it will, though) or it may be on a future game (thats more likely). Anyways, i just hope they take the oportunity to tell another story (as it is a different media channel) like they did with other medias.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 01:14 AM
I think it seems pretty clear that they`re doing a different story from the games, they might as well provide some mentions of some past characters. Clay, Paul Bellamy, Hannah Mueller maybe even a cameo by William...

montagemik
01-11-2013, 03:26 AM
What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie? I personally would like to see a Desmond cameo, and Lucy having a minor or major role.

I want to see each game given the time it deserves in the Movie franchise - But as i heard the Movie will cover the AC-1 & AC-2 storyline , They screwed up any hopes i had for that to happen.
Such a waste of potential in real cinematic storytelling in my opinion . (i'm expecting something along the lines of Prince of persia movie With a HOOD now :rolleyes: )

Don't mind Fassbender as Altair - But would prefer the Real Desmond as Desmond - DUB his voice if he can't act , it's easily done .

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 03:56 AM
I think it seems pretty clear that they`re doing a different story from the games, they might as well provide some mentions of some past characters. Clay, Paul Bellamy, Hannah Mueller maybe even a cameo by William...
Why does this seem clear? I hope this is the case, but everything we've seen seems to suggest they're just remaking the games on film.

ProletariatPleb
01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
I just want it to hopefully be good.

"Movies based on video games rarely please devoted fans and could taint the brand."

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Why does this seem clear? I hope this is the case, but everything we've seen seems to suggest they're just remaking the games on film.
Not really. Everyone is using the FB status update which does not mean anything let alone everything. It`s clear because no one would want to watch the games AGAIN.....I know there were remakes of games in the past, but ones that follow game`s plot are rare...

Kaschra
01-11-2013, 04:27 AM
If Shaun and Lucy appear in the movie, I really hope Ubisoft casts Danny Wallace and Kristen Bell. Everything else would be pretty stupid IMO.
And sure, Randez looks perfectly for Desmond, but the problem is that he's no actor. Too bad :/

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Not really. Everyone is using the FB status update which does not mean anything let alone everything. It`s clear because no one would want to watch the games AGAIN.....I know there were remakes of games in the past, but ones that follow game`s plot are rare...
I don't think that's a fair assessment. If people didn't want to watch things again, nothing would be adapted into a movie. It would definitely be the safer thing to just remake the games. Fans would hate it, but would likely go see it anyway. People somewhat familiar with the series might give it a watch simply because it's quicker than trying out the game.

Also, the status says:

"According to you, what's the most important skill Michael Fassbender (http://www.facebook.com/michael.fassbender.fans?group_id=0) needs to play Desmond Miles in upcoming Assassin's Creed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed?group_id=0) movie?"

Needs. What skill does he need to play Desmond. Not what would he need if he were to play Desmond. What does he need? Grammatically, this means he will in fact play Desmond. I've said this before, but if Fassbender won't play Desmond, either the person doesn't understand proper English mechanics or is intentionally trying to fool us.

Now, the page does seem to be mostly run by French speakers, but this would be quite the slip-up.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
I don't think that's a fair assessment. If people didn't want to watch things again, nothing would be adapted into a movie. It would definitely be the safer thing to just remake the games. Fans would hate it, but would likely go see it anyway. People somewhat familiar with the series might give it a watch simply because it's quicker than trying out the game.

Also, the status says:

"According to you, what's the most important skill Michael Fassbender (http://www.facebook.com/michael.fassbender.fans?group_id=0) needs to play Desmond Miles in upcoming Assassin's Creed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed?group_id=0) movie?"

Needs. What skill does he need to play Desmond. Not what would he need if he were to play Desmond. What does he need? Grammatically, this means he will in fact play Desmond. I've said this before, but if Fassbender won't play Desmond, either the person doesn't understand proper English mechanics or is intentionally trying to fool us.

Now, the page does seem to be mostly run by French speakers, but this would be quite the slip-up.
Esco said that it`s IF. Now I know Esco may not be a dependable source, but he seemed sure. It just does not seem like Ubi`s style. so far, each story has had it`s own medium. Cross had the Comics. Desmond had the games and Initiates. Otso Berg had the MP and so on.....I`m positive a movie is just the start of a new story.....

prince162010
01-11-2013, 04:42 AM
I want to see the legendary assassin > altair

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Esco said that it`s IF. Now I know Esco may not be a dependable source, but he seemed sure. It just does not seem like Ubi`s style. so far, each story has had it`s own medium. Cross had the Comics. Desmond had the games and Initiates. Otso Berg had the MP and so on.....I`m positive a movie is just the start of a new story.....
I agree that it doesn't seem like their style, which is why I was so surprised and disappointed. Esco is a respected member in the AC community (who has been partially chosen by Ubisoft), but he likes to get in on these things and put forth his opinion just like everyone else. Recently he has decided to act more as a voice of authority, which is fine, but I'm almost positive he wouldn't have this information.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 04:56 AM
I agree that it doesn't seem like their style, which is why I was so surprised and disappointed. Esco is a respected member in the AC community (who has been partially chosen by Ubisoft), but he likes to get in on these things and put forth his opinion just like everyone else. Recently he has decided to act more as a voice of authority, which is fine, but I'm almost positive he wouldn't have this information.
I`m almost positive he does. I`ll just continue to believe that It`s not a remake of Desmond`s story...for me, remaking Desmond is not only non-sense, but stupid on Ubi`s part as well. All the characters are based on someone from real life. Kristen bell, Francisco Rendez, Phill Proctor...and then they bring a lead character who looks nothing like Des ? Not even the hair color ? Meh

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I`m almost positive he does. I`ll just continue to believe that It`s not a remake of Desmond`s story...for me, remaking Desmond is not only non-sense, but stupid on Ubi`s part as well. All the characters are based on someone from real life. Kristen bell, Francisco Rendez, Phill Proctor...and then they bring a lead character who looks nothing like Des ? Not even the hair color ? Meh
Again, I totally agree. It would be an abomination to the franchise, unless somehow they get everyone who voiced certain characters to play their film counterparts (except the main characters, apparently). Even then, even if it was faithful, it would be unnecessary.

They let Esco do podcasts and post trailers and such, but I don't see why they would give him information about the film that he's allowed to confirm.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Again, I totally agree. It would be an abomination to the franchise, unless somehow they get everyone who voiced certain characters to play their film counterparts (except the main characters, apparently). Even then, even if it was faithful, it would be unnecessary.

They let Esco do podcasts and post trailers and such, but I don't see why they would give him information about the film that he's allowed to confirm.
Esco`s the one running AC Initiates. or he`s at least involved with it. It`s safe to assume he knows more than we do...

montagemik
01-11-2013, 06:05 AM

Film makers treating these game stories as if they're just something to base a movie on is the reason most game to movie adaptations fall on their A** in my opinion .

If the original story is sound - I See NO reason why they shouldn't just use that story - instead of some writers or film studio interpretation & adaptation.

AC is one of the few games that has everything needed to be directly recreated in live action film & actually be better because of it in my opinion.
If Ubisoft think people wouldn't WANT to see the same story retold in Film - I'd have to say they're dead wrong.

I for one wasn't hooked on the AC series because of any ability or flash graphics & game mechanics - I was hooked because of the story & characterisations alone . The gameplay was just Bonus for me - I view the single player element of the games As an interactive movie myself .

LoyalACFan
01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
I don't want a movie at all, to be perfectly honest, since almost all video game movies suck. That said, I HOPE this movie will be decent, and offer a completely new, all-modern-day story. It could perhaps alleviate the desires of the people who want a modern game, since I hope that never happens.

infamous_ezio
01-11-2013, 07:14 AM

I don't think it seems pretty clear at all tbh.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
I don't think it seems pretty clear at all tbh.
Like I said. "I THINK"

I`v also explained why above:p

YuurHeen
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
I really really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really reallyreally really really really really really want to see one story that is tottaly different than the main games. Would not mind a legacy story or one from the initiates website that aint about desmond but prefer a whole new one that you also dont have to see to play ac4.

xboxauditore
01-11-2013, 09:08 AM
I have faith in Michael Fassbender because he is a very good actor, But I don't know if he fits the role of Desmond, Although, As the face for Desmond is a Model instead of an actor, I think they've made a good choice.

As for Desmond in Revelations, If they Movie-ise that film, Get Adam Sandler to play Desmond, they were practically twins in that.

HisSpiritLives
01-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I would love too see movie about AC1 ,AC triology and AC3 but with technology Ubisoft uses for trailers,but as we know we will have actors i hope that they will do a different sotry from games,because i cant imagine someone as Ezio or Connor.

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM

Also, the status says:

I agree with you.

I also believe that Tomb Raider film featured a different story from the games not the exact same stories, YET they featured Lara Croft which is the main protagonist of the games and in our case it's Desmond Miles who presumable died in ACIII so it wouldn't make sense to just tell an non-canonical story of Desmond (even though it's common in video game-based films) or just pretend ACIII never happened that's why I think remaking the games is safer, as you said.

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow. i don't think this game should be made into a movie as the main storyline is too complicated for basic moviegoers. The cutscenes are also so surreal that why should this be made into a movie? It's already a movie via long cutscenes and vivid imagery.

o.o

rob.davies2014
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
I'd love to see Tim Minchin playing Daniel Cross, at the beginning of The Chain (before the haircut) Daniel looks just like him.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Wat if the movie features Desmond's story AFTHER ac3? If he is alive at least.

BATISTABUS
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Wat if the movie features Desmond's story AFTHER ac3? If he is alive at least.
People complained when Desmond's model changed from Brotherhood to Revelations...

she-assassin
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Well, since Desmond is Subject 17, it would be nice if they focused on one of the sixteen Animus subjects before him. We don't know much about them ( I mean besides Clay, Daniel and the pregnant Subject 15) and I'm quite sure they all had very interesting lives inside and outside of the Animus as well.

Also, does anyone of you remember that freaky fake AC trailer with what seemed to be the first prototype of the Animus? A lot of blood, long needles to the brain, and I'm pretty sure it used audio from a very similar scene from the film Jacob's Ladder? Does anyone remember it? I'd post a yt link, but I can't seem to find it anymore... It's been a few years since I saw it, so I shouldn't be surprised, really. Anyway, that looked great (and it was actually painful to watch) and I wouldn't mind if Ubi decided to go for a more gritty look like that in the upcoming movie.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, since Desmond is Subject 17, it would be nice if they focused on one of the sixteen Animus subjects before him. We don't know much about them ( I mean besides Clay, Daniel and the pregnant Subject 15) and I'm quite sure they all had very interesting lives inside and outside of the Animus as well.

Also, does anyone of you remember that freaky fake AC trailer with what seemed to be the first prototype of the Animus? A lot of blood, long needles to the brain, and I'm pretty sure it used audio from a very similar scene from the film Jacob's Ladder? Does anyone remember it? I'd post a yt link, but I can't seem to find it anymore... It's been a few years since I saw it, so I shouldn't be surprised, really. Anyway, that looked great (and it was actually painful to watch) and I wouldn't mind if Ubi decided to go for a more gritty look like that in the upcoming movie.
You mean ac seizure?

pacmanate
01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
If Michael is Desmond then that will suck. Also, if they are making the movies, Just do AC1, AC2 and AC:B combined into one film, skip AC:R, and do AC3.

Dosenwabe
01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
I dream about a TV series that plays in the modern days. Maybe in the 1st season it could show some important historical events from the last few years. (1990 or so-2012) And then start cover more current topics every year and stay close to the happenings in the real world.

IronEagl3
01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
A scene like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojf3aUMRcqU) would be completely badass. I would watch it just for that. It could work as an intro too.