PDA

View Full Version : New Setting For Connor

Roubideaux
01-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I think the perfect place for a new location for Conner would be in the Comancheira(which is approximatly located in southern Kansas, Oklahoma and northern Texas.) The reason for this is that the Comanche Indian were one of the last tribes to remain in thier land which is one of the reasons that most Natives were relocated to this land. Also this is the setting prior to the wild wild west. The only issue that could be concieved is more of a land scaping issue because of the flat plains which could be boring to run across over and over again which could be fixed by simply alotting the plains to the loading screen used when entering and exiting a town, city or forrest. I think the Comanche are the perfect natives to be introduced 2 the story because of the skills that the Comanche people had. Our skills with bow and arrows were vastly improved than any other tribe and our abilities with horse riding were unparalled. The templar order could be set up as the Texas Rangers who, against the wishes of the government, went in to the Comancheira and started a **** war. Althought this might be a better set up for a Revalations and maybe the Souix would be a great start for a Brotherhood setting with Crazy Horse and others with great battles fought between Souix and US but I dont know much about the Souix as I am only 1/8 Souix so that is 2 be speculated on but I believe Comancheira is a great new start for Conner.

Sushiglutton
01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Honestly, I'm super excited for more native american content and wilderness :D! I want a pure frontier game (but no one else did when I posted about that lol). There has been rumors of Brazil, but Comancheira sounds just as exciting! But if they go there Ubi absolutley has to work on the horses and bow (Connor can pick up these new skills from the Comanche indians, so it has an explanation in the narrative)!

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I'm super excited for more native american content and wilderness :D! I want a pure frontier game (but no one else did when I posted about that lol). There has been rumors of Brazil, but Comancheira sounds just as exciting! But if they go there Ubi absolutley has to work on the horses and bow (Connor can pick up these new skills from the Comanche indians, so it has an explanation in the narrative)!
That`s because a lot of people "think" that AC is nothing without Architectural marvel....

Narrow minded if you ask me...

IronEagl3
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM

Having a game only with the a frontier map is kinda like playing ACB; 1 city gets really boring.

Sushiglutton
01-10-2013, 10:34 PM
That`s because a lot of people "think" that AC is nothing without Architectural marvel....

I used to think the core of AC was to climb ancient cities. After AC3 I have changed "cities" to "worlds".

Having a game only with the a frontier map is kinda like playing ACB; 1 city gets really boring.

I don't think Rome was boring at all tbh. Only the countryside was and that was because it didn't have tree climbing :D!

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I used to think the core of AC was to climb ancient cities. After AC3 I have changed "cities" to "worlds".
Exactly. Closing the franchise to simply scaling architecturally impressive time periods will HUGELY dilute it. It`s simply narrowing it down to a couple hundred years from the 13th to the 19th Century in a small set of places.....It`s crazy

prince162010
01-11-2013, 04:23 AM
I didn't like all the choices
i just only want connor to be in the french revolution that is the best place for the next game as i see....... it would be so coooooool :cool:

B_Crispino
01-11-2013, 07:50 AM
i loved the idea. ubisoft should have explored more of the native side of the story. maybe they will in the sequel

HisSpiritLives
01-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I like the frontier but i like cities too ,so I wouldnt like ,,only frontier,,map.

ze_topazio
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM

If you have to forgive people for thinking that a game that was originally designed around freerunning/parkour and killing people from a organization plotting to control mankind, is supposed to take place in cities and not on forests, not to mention that walking around on more or less faithful reproductions of real cities in historical time periods has always been one of this series main appeals, so once again you can't blame people for not wanting a game exclusively on a made up forest.

Roubideaux
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Im not really thinkin he should leave the country, now that I think about it more I think it might b a good idea to do the Comancheira and leave the game on a sour note with the Comanche eventually succeding the fight due 2 fighting deseases, near exticition of the bison, and killing of horses and the for him 2 play the part of Achilles n a sequal and kinda train a escaped slave around the time of the civil war, i think the fact that Connor failed in his main goal to protect his people will evoke the emotion for a player of a type of revenge not only for the enslavement of black people but for the lose that Connor took as all his people were sold out, enslaved, or dead

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 10:57 PM
If you have to forgive people for thinking that a game that was originally designed around freerunning/parkour and killing people from a organization plotting to control mankind, is supposed to take place in cities and not on forests, not to mention that walking around on more or less faithful reproductions of real cities in historical time periods has always been one of this series main appeals, so once again you can't blame people for not wanting a game exclusively on a made up forest.
Yes I can. I can call it narrow minded. because people do not just want "recreated environments" they want LARGE, SHINY, PRETTY buildings that are colorful and vivid. anything else sucks. look at the reception New York and Boston received. Crap...Just because they did not have enough "tall buildings" or "pretty architecture"

I think That`s being narrow minded...