PDA

View Full Version : Assign weapon - how? PLEASE help

Mariohne
01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
OK I am sitting in the tree with wolves at the bottom and I want/need to shoot them.

All my idiot char does is melee. I go to R and have the wheel and it says assign but does not explain how to 'assign'. Then there is that 'tools' area as well.
Also supposedly I can press 1, 2 etc to chose a weapon.

Fat chance. I press say 3 and my gun lights up. But when I go Q noting happens, he hits with his fists and nearly falls off the frigging tree.
He does not even use his hidden blade or sword. All he wants to do is melee and sits there like a stupid monkey in the tree with his stupid pirate hat.

I don't know what to do, I don't want to log off because then I loose my progress till there.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
uhh...
press F to aim and q to shoot... I believe thats it, I don't really know what to do about choosing a weapon, never really had trouble with that.
(press R and I believe click on the weapon you want to use and it should assign it to your "Q" attack)

(haven't played this game in a while so this is from the top of my head, if it doesn't work let me know)
good luck

Mariohne
01-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. Yes what you say is exactly what I am doing but nothing happens.
I GUESS IT IS JUST ANOTHER BUG OF THIS GAME THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR SO LONG AND STILL HEAPS OF PROBLEMS.

I only purchased it yesterday and already cannot play. I wonder if I can get my money back.
I also posted in Technical Difficulties but no reply

Tim_Skijwalker
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
yeah sorry that didn't help, I cant find anything on the bugg though.

Something must be wrong.
just so we are clear (probably just repeating all the crap you did/saw before but you never know ;D)

You can have a try to hold R to bring up the weapon select menu. You can then hotkey the gun in Assassin's Creed 3 to 1-4 or just equip it. After that hit Q to fire it. Hope this can help you!
your gun should be shown here (lower right side) make sure you have ammo for your weapon because it won't work without ammo of course.
(this guy has 2 bullets.. so if it sais 0 where the screenshot sais 2 you don't have ammo)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ruU1j1eZfOU/ULIiI8e55gI/AAAAAAAABOE/p_gA_ZNQbwQ/s1600/Assassins+Creed+III+pc+Screenshot+(2).jpg

If all the above isn't the case you should try to maybe reset your keyboard settings to default so everything works the way it should again.
If this does not work I would say re-install the game? (first try an older save game, see if it works there)

That's all I can really think of myself, if all this doesn't help it is most likely a bugg like you said.