PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, make AC IV...

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Set in Feudal Japan. There's no such thing as a boring, unimportant time period. Just think of an Samurai Assassin. It's widely known that even today, they are the most skilled in combat. Feudal Japan is the perfect place for Assassin's Creed to be placed. You could even make the Assassin Miyamoto Musashi, the greatest Samurai to have ever lived. Or, you could create a custom Samurai Assassin. All I want is a Katana as a sword :'(

AjinkyaParuleka
01-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Game making is not piece of cake.....They should make a patch for pc,wound up their dlcs then make their next game.

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Game making is not piece of cake.....They should make a patch for pc,wound up their dlcs then make their next game.

I never stated it was easy.

Gi1t
01-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Set in Feudal Japan. There's no such thing as a boring, unimportant time period. Just think of an Samurai Assassin. It's widely known that even today, they are the most skilled in combat. Feudal Japan is the perfect place for Assassin's Creed to be placed. You could even make the Assassin Miyamoto Musashi, the greatest Samurai to have ever lived. Or, you could create a custom Samurai Assassin. All I want is a Katana as a sword :'(

I can't deny that I think I would greatly enjoy that setting. :D Of course if all you want is a Katana, they could also do this by having a setting which had trade connections with the East at the time.

Aren't the Assassins controlled by the player always fictional characters? It's the fellow Assassins and the targets that are based on real figures isn't it?

One more thing:
With a setting like this I expect some **** serious guards, not the goofs we've had thus far. (no offense XD )

shobhit7777777
01-10-2013, 07:27 AM

Based on what? A Deadliest Warrior episode?

I vote No.

Architecture and Urban density should be the driving force behind a new AC setting IMHO. Because that directly affects gameplay. Its the very reason I would vote for London over many settings.

Unless you have images of what Feudal Japan looked like.....I'm unconvinced and would say have to say no.

Krayus Korianis
01-10-2013, 07:35 AM
That signature is way too huge and no, no ****able Japan AC game.

HisSpiritLives
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM

Indeed,Samurais are powerful warriors it would be intersting toplay as one,but Ubisoft stated that there is problem with freeruning,because of Japanese buildings.AND i think we should focus on next game withConnor because i doubt AC 4 would be out soon,we will have to wait at least 2 years.

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Based on what? A Deadliest Warrior episode?

I vote No.

Architecture and Urban density should be the driving force behind a new AC setting IMHO. Because that directly affects gameplay. Its the very reason I would vote for London over many settings.

Unless you have images of what Feudal Japan looked like.....I'm unconvinced and would say have to say no.

Deadliest Warrior? What's that, a T.V show? A game?

Feudal Japan paintings from the time:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Castle_of_daimyo_in_***amoto._Before_1902.jpg

The Samurai never lost a fight. Clearly, Samurai are the most skilled, and everyone that's got some intelligence has them knows this.

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Indeed,Samurais are powerful warriors it would be intersting toplay as one,but Ubisoft stated that there is problem with freeruning,because of Japanese buildings.AND i think we should focus on next game withConnor because i doubt AC 4 would be out soon,we will have to wait at least 2 years.

As long as they have a Katana and Wakizashi and you walk liked a Samurai, then I don't care where it's set.

Japanese buildings are perfect for Assassin's Creed games. Just look at them:

http://web-japan.org/nipponia/nipponia40/images/travel/21_03.jpg

Dejan507
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Are you kidding? How is that perfect for freerunning? Steep roofs and wide streets.. it would be Boston all over again only this time with shorter buildings..

shobhit7777777
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
The Samurai never lost a fight. Clearly, Samurai are the most skilled, and everyone that's got some intelligence has them knows this.

Yes, clearly.

Samurai are best and doesnt afriad of anythnig!

Do they allow you to carry a loaded weapon in your unit?

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Are you kidding? How is that perfect for freerunning? Steep roofs and wide streets.. it would be Boston all over again only this time with shorter buildings..

No it wouldn't lol! The streets are narrow and long. It's perfect.

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes, clearly.

Samurai are best and doesnt afriad of anythnig!

Do they allow you to carry a loaded weapon in your unit?

Learn to spell and use grammar. You should have wrote: 'Samurai are the best and they aren't afraid of anything!'

Yes, we are required to carry loaded weapons. Why do you ask?

ze_topazio
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Learn to spell and use grammar. You should have wrote: 'Samurai are the best and they aren't afraid of anything!'

No, the correct form shoud be: I think Samurai is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills other Samurai and doesnt afraid of anything.

And there's no way the Samurai were undefeatable, they only fought other Samurai so there was Samurai that lost.

Avagantamoz
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. I imagine the guards would actually stand more of a chance at killing you then this fodder in all the other games. Plus, I've looked at some feudal Japan images and the style of buildings they use would make free running on them interesting. Using a katana and having another game with a bow would be nice too.

shobhit7777777
01-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Yes, we are required to carry loaded weapons. Why do you ask?

wow cool!

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
No, the correct form shoud be: I think Samurai is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills other Samurai and doesnt afraid of anything.

And there's no way the Samurai were undefeatable, they only fought other Samurai so there was Samurai that lost.

You're forgetting the two most bloody battles;

The battle between the Samurai and the British.

The battle between the Samurai and the Chinese.

There's also many more battles.

shobhit7777777
01-10-2013, 08:42 PM
You're forgetting the two most bloody battles;

The battle between the Samurai and the British.

The battle between the Samurai and the Chinese.

There's also many more battles.

yeah man Samurai vs Chinese was a clear win for Samurais.

Also in 1657 300 Samurai held off 3 regiments of the Turkish armies on the Haewuei islands in the pacific. The Turks were contracted by the Malaysians to secure oil mining rights on that island. The fighting went on for 6 days before the UNSC intervened.

i read up on Samurais after your OP and found other badazz stuff...did you know that Samurais carry a super sharp knife called a Katana which could slice a pig in half? They used these knives in combat and other fighting stuff and combat.

CC1138
01-10-2013, 11:50 PM
I would also like Ubisoft to do an AC game set in feudal Japan (more precisely, at its end), not because "samurais are uber-super cool" but at the contrary, to break some of the stereotypes, images and glorification of samurais and Japan like the OP have. AC3 has managed to show us a very honest and objective view of the American Revolution, without falling into American patriotism and glorification of the Founding Fathers like their trailers suggested, and I think they could do the same with Japan.

ToughGuy31
01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
No, ninja Assassin.

SkiesSeven
01-11-2013, 12:08 AM
AC3 has managed to show us a very honest and objective view of the American Revolution, without falling into American patriotism ...

Playing as Connor you are forced to raise American flags at every fort. Clearly such design choices are aimed at the American audience.

Ferrith
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Playing as Connor you are forced to raise American flags at every fort. Clearly such design choices are aimed at the American audience.
I never understood why Connor had to act like an errand boy for the Patriots side.

Perk89
02-08-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm so tired of hearing about samurais and other over done characters

Ninjas suck. We don't need ninjas in an AC game. Just assassins.

ZeSpecter
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I still think taking an AC game back in the viking age would be a cool idea. You could control this awesome viking assassin.

IWGCJoeCool
02-08-2013, 01:50 PM
ya know...was getting fond of ol' Haytham before the SPOILER ALERT, so does anyone see a good idea in having a game about him and his life in the setting of 18th century Europe (London, Paris, Spain, etc)....detailing why he SPOILER ALERT'd?

JC

Mr_Shade
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
please post further discussion about the next title, in the pinned thread.