PDA

View Full Version : Boston Massacre and the Templars... (Spoilers)

LoyalACFan
01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
It was never explained outright, but I'm assuming the Templars triggered the Boston Massacre in an effort to spark the war... But since he saw the whole thing go down, why did Connor think the Templars supported the crown?

john63
01-10-2013, 02:39 AM
I guess b/c Pitcairn was a British General, Hickey tried to assassinate Washington, and Church stole Patriot supplies. From the outside, it'd look like they were hostile to the Patriot cause, when really, they just wanted to be in charge of it and end up ruling America.

Serrachio
01-10-2013, 02:52 AM
I guess b/c Pitcairn was a British General, Hickey tried to assassinate Washington, and Church stole Patriot supplies. From the outside, it'd look like they were hostile to the Patriot cause, when really, they just wanted to be in charge of it and end up ruling America.

They were hostile to the Patriot cause, because with the British Crown in control of America, the Templars would have a bigger influence through tailoring the monarchy's cause to their aims.

john63
01-10-2013, 03:07 AM
^If that were the case, why did they trigger the Boston Massacre in the first place?

The way I see it, the Templars WANTED the Patriots to rebel, so that they could become leaders of the revolution and eventually rule the continent. That's why Lee got so mad when Washington was chosen to lead; everything had been going according to their plan until that point.

Haytham even states it during his sword fight with Connor. "We did not support the crown." Go replay the mission if you don't believe me.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 03:16 AM
The Templars sparked the Revolution. capitalizing on the years of dissatisfaction beset upon the Colonists by Parliament. They knew that it would come to this. Players on both sides would greatly help as well. They wanted to accomplish this with as little blood as possible. Pitcairn was to be the diplomatic man working on both ears to stop the war and leave the Colonials be. Lee would lead the Colonists then, but when Washington was elected, plans changed. at first they wanted to just remove him, but then Haytham saw no other choice but to eliminate him permanently, although he greatly regretted this and loathed Charles` loud hate for GW. (Even though Haytham greatly hated GW himself)

source: AC forsaken

LoyalACFan
01-10-2013, 03:56 AM
The Templars sparked the Revolution. capitalizing on the years of dissatisfaction beset upon the Colonists by Parliament. They knew that it would come to this. Players on both sides would greatly help as well. They wanted to accomplish this with as little blood as possible. Pitcairn was to be the diplomatic man working on both ears to stop the war and leave the Colonials be. Lee would lead the Colonists then, but when Washington was elected, plans changed. at first they wanted to just remove him, but then Haytham saw no other choice but to eliminate him permanently, although he greatly regretted this and loathed Charles` loud hate for GW. (Even though Haytham greatly hated GW himself)

source: AC forsaken

Makes sense...I really need to read that book... -_-

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 03:58 AM
I really need to read that book... -_-
Indeed. gives great insight on so many things

LoyalACFan
01-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Indeed. gives great insight on so many things

At the same time though, I kind of resent that the information in Forsaken wasn't explained in the game itself. You almost need the book to make sense of certain things.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 04:03 AM
At the same time though, I kind of resent that the information in Forsaken wasn't explained in the game itself. You almost need the book to make sense of certain things.
Because things are more gray now than ever. AC III is more complex than Ezio`s trilogy. You never really needed a book to understand...It was just some evil, old bastards who wanted power.

LoyalACFan
01-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Because things are more gray now than ever. AC III is more complex than Ezio`s trilogy. You never really needed a book to understand...It was just some evil, old bastards who wanted power.

But still, it should have been presented to us in the game. At least have a few more conversations between Haytham and Connor. The whole time they spent together felt kind of wonky and unnatural. That could have been easily remedied if they had developed their relationship more and explained what Haytham and the Templars were doing while Connor was growing up and training. Connor genuinely thought that collaboration was possible, so why did they explore that so little and leave so much unexplained?

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 04:28 AM
But still, it should have been presented to us in the game. At least have a few more conversations between Haytham and Connor. The whole time they spent together felt kind of wonky and unnatural. That could have been easily remedied if they had developed their relationship more and explained what Haytham and the Templars were doing while Connor was growing up and training. Connor genuinely thought that collaboration was possible, so why did they explore that so little and leave so much unexplained?
I thought it was explained pretty well. It was clear that the Templars did not back the British and the game explains that so many times, but Connor is an Idiot. Pitcairn told him that he did not want to kill Adams and Hancock and that he also was talking with the British about ending this war. and When Connor caught Hickey, Connor lauded how killing Washington would cripple the Patriots and "end all hope for freedom" to which Hickey replies that this was wrong, their plan was to promote Lee instead. It was very clear that The Templars sparked the Revolution. Why else would they start the events in Boston ? The book only provides extra details.