PDA

View Full Version : DUNIA 2 Engine for AC4?

del180824051615
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I honestly think the engine for AC3 is really dated. There are so many AI pathing issues. Horses hop onto each other, NPC trapped on moving bandwagon.. Scripted NPC assassin's didn't actually assassinate their targets and they just vanish/disappear out of a sudden, etc. Not to mention outside the snow it was so plain and dull and the look and feel is so inconsistent compared to the Boston town for example. Even some of the trees look fake.

Why don't they use the DUNIA 2 engine for AC4? Far Cry 3 open ended world is so immersive!. The jungle are so beautiful .. the island.. the caves.. driving all sorts of vehicles and it's so fast paced!. AC3 was so boring!. These just my opinions though but i seriously think they need a new engine and the AI pathing issues are so serious.

Anykeyer
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Haha, its easier to copypast some code then change engine itself. Especially since gameplay itself relies on many things Dunia does not support. For example freerinning with flexible IK (or treerunning for than matter, they havent implemented it in multiplayer that uses another engine fork). Or 2/3 connected actors animations (used for combat mostly) that actually looks decent in 3rd person. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5bqQPVRpXU in this video they discuss a number of engine improvements they added to support gameplay.

YazX_
01-11-2013, 12:15 AM
i totally disagree, Ubisoft did a gr8 job with this engine, sure its buggy but it supports a vast majority of things to adapt with AC3 and other games, no engine up to date can support AC3 stuff, i hope bugs will get fixed down the road with patches (LOL) and new games' releases.

Ferrith
01-11-2013, 12:34 AM
i hope bugs will get fixed down the road with patches
Hope dies last.

Carch
01-11-2013, 01:30 AM
I honestly think the engine for AC3 is really dated.

It's a brand new engine.

ProletariatPleb
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM

It's a brand new engine.
Actually it's the same engine, modified heavily.

Still has the issues of the original Anvil/Scimitar, like terrible LoD.