PDA

View Full Version : Vidic and Cross

IronEagl3
01-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Does anybody else feel like their final appearance in the game wasn't enough. I mean Cross, it's sort of understandable why we didn't see much of him, but Vidic; I expected something HUGE to go down between him and Desmond. He's been Desmond's enemy since AC1, made a pretty big show in AC2, and after 3 games, we finally see him, only to have him killed quickly with a bullet to the head.

I think Ubisoft should've made the moment between Desmond and Vidic a little more intense and rewarding.

Assassin_M
01-09-2013, 05:02 AM
I don't think ANYONE actually liked how Vidic and Cross were presented...

catkiller97
01-09-2013, 05:04 AM
true ^

QTE **** with Vidic and cross chase :/

facepalm

infamous_ezio
01-09-2013, 06:12 AM
It was rubbish... I was expecting a big speech from vidic, something to really top the cherry to show what the templars are all about, you know how when connor kills a templar and they give a speech? something like that. It would have made sense to add something like that...

AjinkyaParuleka
01-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Guys with rocket launchers don't offer you time to give final rites,and btw Desmond just did 2 assassination(not counting Lucy since Jun0 did it).WTB Desmond back someway or the other in the next game.

zhengyingli
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Cross was kind of nutty (More of a symbol than an asset, as Bill put it), so I'm kind of okay with his role. I have no problem with Desmond's showdown with Vidic if only the mission itself didn't portray Abstergo as an under secured facility. This is Abstergo. Where were the assault rifles we heard via intercom in AC1? Where were the potential attack drones?

dewgel
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/icons/uplay_small.pnginfamous_ezio
It was rubbish... I was expecting a big speech from vidic, something to really top the cherry to show what the templars are all about, you know how when connor kills a templar and they give a speech? something like that. It would have made sense to add something like that...

Well, Vidic makes quite a nice speech while you're playing. After you kill Cross he's speaking through the overhead speakers and he makes a lot of sense with some stuff about Templars only wanting peace etc.

But yeah, I hated it. It was always the AC Community's biggest need, for us to finally get that moment where we assassinated Vidic.

I also thought the bit where Desmond walks out Abstergo with the Apple was poorly executed. The level design at that point looked incredibly cheap.

Also - Desmond's combat in total was lazy when he got the hidden blade. They were too lazy to code his own fighting or at least code him using his arm to pull a knife out of his pocket, they just made it appear instantly when he pulls it out. Didn't make any sense.

However, I still loved it. The scene was great, and I liked how Desmond and Bill finally got a moment.

LightRey
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Like with many other major story events in ACIII, it was rather anticlimactic. That being said, I was never a huge fan of the whole "finally killing Vidic" thing. I never harbored much hate for him or a significant desire to kill him in the game.

IronEagl3
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
The only thing I found decent in that mission was when you get back into your old room from AC1. I got all nostalgic and stuff, I just stood there and searched the room for a bit. The best part is that if you turn on Eagle vision, the prints are still on the ground.

Sushiglutton
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I agree, it was very anticlimactic. It's because the team is divided on the modern part I think. Some of them want to keep it to a minimum obv. So basically they had one introduction, three (?) action packed missions and one final act to present all the characters, their relations and tie all the loose ends. It wasn't possible ofc.

pacmanate
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
I never saw Vidic as pure evil, so I didn't see much point in killing him. However it was really anticlimatic. Daniel Cross didn't look NEARLY as badass as he looked in the comics! He was more chubby and broad in AC3 and didn't have the attitude I thought he would have. All the talk of him being a really good Assassin and all he used was Guns, and when that failed you just chase him everywhere like a dog chasing a cat.

Megas_Doux
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I never saw Vidic as pure evil, so I didn't see much point in killing him. However it was really anticlimatic. Daniel Cross didn't look NEARLY as badass as he looked in the comics! He was more chubby and broad in AC3 and didn't have the attitude I thought he would have. All the talk of him being a really good Assassin and all he used was Guns, and when that failed you just chase him everywhere like a dog chasing a cat.

This!!!!!!!

Cross was so overhyped in the comics, a shame he could not put up a decent fight.......

SixKeys
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Killing Vidic is really what the Desmond bits should have been building up towards the whole time. If not killing, then at least some sort of satisfactory conclusion. They needed a moment together, just the two of them. Desmond should have somehow cornered Vidic and chased him into a locked room where there was no escape, and Vidic should have given a final speech to tie things up. Then Desmond should have either killed him, or someone (maybe Cross) could have burst into the room, giving Vidic a chance to escape. That's where Desmond should have fought Cross for the final time. Cross and Vidic had a twisted sort of father-son relationship, so it would have made sense that Daniel wanted to protect Vidic, whereas Vidic only cared about his own safety and would have made a run for it, leaving Cross to fight for his life.

ToughGuy31
01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
SPOILERS DUDE! You got to remember some people haven't finished. But yeah, Cross and Vidic where a HUGE disappointment..

IronEagl3
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Killing Vidic is really what the Desmond bits should have been building up towards the whole time. If not killing, then at least some sort of satisfactory conclusion. They needed a moment together, just the two of them. Desmond should have somehow cornered Vidic and chased him into a locked room where there was no escape, and Vidic should have given a final speech to tie things up. Then Desmond should have either killed him, or someone (maybe Cross) could have burst into the room, giving Vidic a chance to escape. That's where Desmond should have fought Cross for the final time. Cross and Vidic had a twisted sort of father-son relationship, so it would have made sense that Daniel wanted to protect Vidic, whereas Vidic only cared about his own safety and would have made a run for it, leaving Cross to fight for his life.

This! This is pretty much what it should have been. Killing Cross in an ACTUAL FIGHT. Not chasing him around.

dewgel
01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
I like the idea of Cross coming to his senses through Vidic running away, which would have also paved the path for future Vidic stuff.

And I'm sure he actually said "HE WAS LIKE A SON TO ME!" over the speakers when you're on your way to kill him.

ALSO.. I hated how you done all that, and then the next minute we're back at the Temple (that annoying sitting in the van loading screen), and normal service is resumed. You get a mention about it if you talk to William, but nothing else..

exkrima
01-10-2013, 12:03 AM
The only thing I found decent in that mission was when you get back into your old room from AC1. I got all nostalgic and stuff, I just stood there and searched the room for a bit. The best part is that if you turn on Eagle vision, the prints are still on the ground.

I even thought they will even put some flashback there, but none...I was even thinking before the release of AC3 that desmond vs daniel will have some epic battle while the building of abstergo is in fire then after the battle he will free run in building with flames to go out like what connor did, but yeah.. it never happen, its not their taste, i guess.

ACfan443
01-10-2013, 12:15 AM
It would have been great if throughout the game, tension between the Assassins and Templars was slowly getting worse, which would eventually lead on to a fully developed, well planned and adequate length infiltration and assassination mission (not that awful "casually walk into abstergo and brawl with a few dimwits, then let a cutscene do all the work" nonsense) if done properly, it would've been amazing, and above all satisfying.

xx-pyro
01-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Cross was fine since he was purely side media until now (besides Revelations MP). Vidic I'd have liked to be a bit more satisfying. Not disappointed with that though.