PDA

View Full Version : AC3 on PC - How to use weapons

wackman
01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
So I'm a nubbie to AC - whatevs

To keep it short my question is - how do I select weapons, ... or throw money or use horse whistle?
I select the 'R' button on my keyboard and the weapon wheel comes up. I can assign different items to different keys (1 - 4), but when I want to actually use those items by pushing the right button 1, 2, 3 or 4, I don't get anything.

For example I select horse whistle by choosing button 4 (previously assigned), the weapon wheel appears and shows the horse whistle icon but then disappears as soon as I let button 4 go and Connor still has not used it, and he's not holding it. I've tried hitting button 4 and then 'e' to initiate the action, but still; nada! What am I doing wrong?

Ferrith
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
You hold "R" to select actions and assign keys, as you did, then you push the relative key to perform this action. For example, I have assigned the Hidden Blade on "1". When I want to equip it I just push key "1". If this does not work you might have done something to disable your previously assigned keys?

wackman
01-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Thx Ferrith but this is exactly what I've done, i simply can't use the numbered keys to call any weapons. Something's up but I don't know what. I'm wondering if it's not possible to use the selected item if there is no call for it; e.g. - can't use horse whistle if there is no horse to call. I dunno.

Ferrith
01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Thx Ferrith but this is exactly what I've done, i simply can't use the numbered keys to call any weapons. Something's up but I don't know what. I'm wondering if it's not possible to use the selected item if there is no call for it; e.g. - can't use horse whistle if there is no horse to call. I dunno.

It applies to horse whistle when there is no horse, but not to weapons. You can't use a weapon inside a general store, or inside the mansion in Homestead, but all the other locations are fair game. I can't think what might be the problem and you are unable to equip the selected weapon.

If your keyboard is OK and works fine, then try something else: go to Control-> Customize controls and press "reset settings". Then try to re-assign the keys and see what happens.