PDA

View Full Version : Why English?

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey Assassins,

I know the game is made by english speaking people for the whole world using a major language that is used worldwide which is English but why does the First Civilization members speak English so fluently (expect for Minerva who sounded a little little bit foreign in ACIII ending) And why all Assassin logos are all shaped like an A letter? I understand it stands for Assassin but why didn't every nation have their own logo based on their own language translation for the word Assassin?

So what do you think?

montagemik
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey Assassins,

I know the game is made by english speaking people for the whole world using a major language that is used worldwide which is English but why does the First Civilization members speak English so fluently (expect for Minerva who sounded a little little bit foreign in ACIII ending) And why all Assassin logos are all shaped like an A letter? I understand it stands for Assassin but why didn't every nation have their own logo based on their own language translation for the word Assassin?

So what do you think?

The Assassin Logo is based on the Head dresses worn by Juno / minerva actually - Not neccessarily meant to be a Letter A .

JamJar502
01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I always thought the A in the assassin's logo was meant to represent the assassin's hood. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dosenwabe
01-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I thought it was designed after the freemasons logo in reality by the devs. But ingame the assassins came before the free masons. And you don't have to play in English.

montagemik
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I thought it was designed after the freemasons logo in reality by the devs. But ingame the assassins came before the free masons. And you don't have to play in English.

In the game the 1st Civ came before the Assassins ......As for 1st Civ speaking english - Just think of it as the 1st civ tech has a universal translator incorporated . So english is what we hear - but not what they're actually speaking as holograms - each ancestor probably heard it as their own native language too.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Actually, those who came before ARE speaking English. it`s not their language. they translated their language to English in order to properly contact Desmond and it was still hard to understand. No body payed attention to what William said about the will of the Gods ??

TheHumanTowel
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
TWCB don't just speak english. They talked to Ezio and Connor in their respective native languages. They can basically speak all languages because they're so advanced or something.

MT4K
01-08-2013, 08:34 PM
TWCB don't just speak english. They talked to Ezio and Connor in their respective native languages. They can basically speak all languages because they're so advanced or something.

I don't remember them speaking to Connor in his native language and only talking to him in English. Connor could use both languages after all and none of his native language was translated and just had subtitles.

TheHumanTowel
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't remember them speaking to Connor in his native language and only talking to him in English. Connor could use both languages after all and none of his native language was translated and just had subtitles.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. My point still stands though.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that. My point still stands though.
I wonder how long it took them to translate their language...

lothario-da-be
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I thought the assassin logo represented a hidden blade.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
I thought the assassin logo represented a hidden blade.

So take a good look at Juno's head dress ( minervas is similar also)

Gi1t
01-09-2013, 02:13 AM

It would've been translated for those viewing through the animus. Remember the first game when Desmond asked why people's speech wasn't entirely consistent with what it should have been. Lucy told him that their words were being translated so they could understand them. So any communication in whatever language would have been translated by the Animus program. We can likely assume that she spoke to Ezio in his own language because he understood what she was saying. The words were simply translated by the Animus, thus Desmond and the others understood them too.

LightRey
01-09-2013, 02:25 AM
So take a good look at Juno's head dress ( minervas is similar also)
That doesn't mean they're based off them. For all we know the Assassin logo is actually so old that the headdresses were based off it, not the other way 'round and even if not it's more likely they're both based off the same thing. It's even possible that the headdress is just an aesthetic choice that has more of a symbolic value to the player and the devs than that it has an actual reason within the story.

It would've been translated for those viewing through the animus. Remember the first game when Desmond asked why people's speech wasn't entirely consistent with what it should have been. Lucy told him that their words were being translated so they could understand them. So any communication in whatever language would have been translated by the Animus program. We can likely assume that she spoke to Ezio in his own language because he understood what she was saying. The words were simply translated by the Animus, thus Desmond and the others understood them too.
No it wouldn't. That's MT4K's entire point. The animus never translated Mohawk when Connor was speaking it with his people, so there's no reason to assume it would have when speaking to Juno, which strongly suggests that she did in fact speak English to him.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 03:26 AM
That doesn't mean they're based off them. For all we know the Assassin logo is actually so old that the headdresses were based off it, not the other way 'round and even if not it's more likely they're both based off the same thing. It's even possible that the headdress is just an aesthetic choice that has more of a symbolic value to the player and the devs than that it has an actual reason within the story.

No it wouldn't. That's MT4K's entire point. The animus never translated Mohawk when Connor was speaking it with his people, so there's no reason to assume it would have when speaking to Juno, which strongly suggests that she did in fact speak English to him.

WHAT ??

The first Civ create humans - the Humans revolt , years or centuries later form the Assassins order & the First Civ say - hey nice logo , lets design some fashion based on that .

Yep sounds feasable . :rolleyes: & if you don't agree , its just the Devs choice . Either way we're wrong , you're right . Good reasoning .

LightRey
01-09-2013, 03:29 AM
WHAT ??

The first Civ create humans - the Humans revolt , years or centuries later form the Assassins order & the First Civ say - hey nice logo , lets design some fashion based on that .

Yep sounds feasable . :rolleyes: & if you don't agree , its just the Devs choice . Either way we're wrong , you're right . Good reasoning .
You're assuming that the Assassin logo is a symbol humans came up with and you're assuming that the origins of the Assassin order come from before the revolt. Both these things are neither proven nor as likely as you're suggesting they are.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 03:46 AM
You're assuming that the Assassin logo is a symbol humans came up with and you're assuming that the origins of the Assassin order come from before the revolt. Both these things are neither proven nor as likely as you're suggesting they are.

You're the one who's assuming .
I'm using reasoning based on what the games show me .
Seen nothing in the game remotely similar to the symbol that predates the first Civ garments - Nothing in their architecture or symbolic language .
The human race is known in many cultures to recreate an icon or symbol to represent something they may consider to be gods or deities .

You prefer to consider this symbolic similarity & basic profile of the assassin hood compared to the shape & design of the First Civ attire as just a coincidence or put it down to just Devs choice - Hats off to ya for such insight .

I'm trying to form a cohersive story from the game - So drop your PROVE IT rattle, or go find proof against my interpretation.

LightRey
01-09-2013, 03:54 AM
You're the one who's assuming .
I'm using reasoning based on what the games show me .
Seen nothing in the game remotely similar to the symbol that predates the first Civ garments - Nothing in their architecture or symbolic language .
The human race is known in many cultures to recreate an icon or symbol to represent something they may consider to be gods or deities .

You prefer to consider this symbolic similarity & basic profile of the assassin hood compared to the shape & design of the First Civ attire as just a coincidence or put it down to just Devs choice - Hats off to ya for such insight .

I'm trying to form a cohersive story from the game - So drop your PROVE IT rattle, or go find proof against my interpretation.
Who's talking about the hood? I'm thinking the symbol has a meaning simply more unique to the Assassin order and it is very strongly suggested in the games that the Assassin and Templar orders are as old as the story of Adam and Eve, which predates the revolt.

Other than that the entire idea that the Assassins would base their symbol on TWCB garments seems rather preposterous.

I have no need to prove anything. You're basing your conclusions on nothing more than the fact that the garments predate known symbols, which is not in the slightest a suggestion of causation, at best it allows for it.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Who's talking about the hood? I'm thinking the symbol has a meaning simply more unique to the Assassin order and it is very strongly suggested in the games that the Assassin and Templar orders are as old as the story of Adam and Eve, which predates the revolt.

Other than that the entire idea that the Assassins would base their symbol on TWCB garments seems rather preposterous.

I have no need to prove anything. You're basing your conclusions on nothing more than the fact that the garments predate known symbols, which is not in the slightest a suggestion of causation, at best it allows for it.

BLAH BLAH BLAH - You offer nothing but to try discredit most comments on these boards that don't deliver PROOF for you.
Why do you bother . WE'RE WRONG , WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN WRONG , WE'LL ALWAYS BE WRONG ..........BLAH BLAH BLAH. . Sums everything up for you i suppose.

SolidSage
01-09-2013, 04:33 AM
Because English is awesome.

Gi1t
01-09-2013, 04:51 AM

I do think the games are inconsistent in complying with the supposed translation. Even in the first game, you hear other languages, and yet it would make no sense for all the characters to actually be speaking english. Because of this, I don't think it'll ever be possible to do anything more than guess at the truth of what some characters are saying. XD You're right though, the Animus definitely doesn't translate everything the characters say. I don't think they ever came out with an in-game reason to explain this.

catkiller97
01-09-2013, 05:09 AM
same thing happen in AC2 Ezio say in Italian Go **** yourself :p

LightRey
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I do think the games are inconsistent in complying with the supposed translation. Even in the first game, you hear other languages, and yet it would make no sense for all the characters to actually be speaking english. Because of this, I don't think it'll ever be possible to do anything more than guess at the truth of what some characters are saying. XD You're right though, the Animus definitely doesn't translate everything the characters say. I don't think they ever came out with an in-game reason to explain this.
Well obviously we know that the Animus can translate many languages to English speech and we know that it's something the Animus doesn't necessarily fully succeed at as Rebecca explains in ACII and ACB. We also have strong indications that the language being spoken has a large impact on how capable the Animus is at translating it (as Rebecca points out in ACB by saying that Desmond should "watch out" for any other language than Italian) and from ACIII we can gather that the ancestor's capability of understanding a language seems to have no impact on the capability of the animus to translate that language into English speech either, suggesting that the software is language-specific.(i.e. it doesn't translate based on perhaps genetically recorded thought processes of the ancestor, but on the software's own "knowledge" of the language).

Interestingly enough though, we know that the subtitles are canon as well and we've seen that it can translate almost everything flawlessly. This suggests that the problem of translation to speech lies somewhere else than in the actual capability of the Animus to translate the language.

BLAH BLAH BLAH - You offer nothing but to try discredit most comments on these boards that don't deliver PROOF for you.
Why do you bother . WE'RE WRONG , WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN WRONG , WE'LL ALWAYS BE WRONG ..........BLAH BLAH BLAH. . Sums everything up for you i suppose.
Take it easy bruh. I'm just criticizing your claims of probability by providing what I think are quite clear counterarguments. It's called a discussion.

RinoTheBouncer
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks a lot for the ideas everyone. I really appreciate your participations.

I think it wouldn't make sense for Assassin's who revolted against the First Civilization (Adam and Eve) to design their logo to look just like the headdress of their creators and rivals whom they revolted against. I also think it's pretty interesting to note that the Animus does translate things, I never paid attention to that fact but when it comes to Ratonhnhake:ton, his language wasn't translated when he spoke to his tribe members so maybe the new software of the Animus only translate in subtitles? hmm... yet they still spoke in English to Desmond. Maybe when they could see through the future like Juno said, they learned about the languages of mankind and used them to communicate? I also find it strange that Minerva spoke to Ezio (whom we're not sure whether he can speak English or they just gave him an English language with Italian accent to make it more understandable to the mainstream audience) in a language (that we heard to be English) and the same language and message were directed to Desmond (who speaks English).

It's kinda strange how the game delved into every single detail of history, mythology, religion, politics and pseudo-science while they never said anything regarding the language or the way that the First Civilization members spoke or whether they could communicate telepathically between each other and using the Apple to communicate with humans or they had a certain language.

I'd love to see that being explained sometime in the game. It's not a matter of language but a matter of accuracy. I always saw the logo of the Assassins to refer to an A letter since it's used on the game box art with the title so it makes you feel like the logo is designed to look like an A which stands for Assassin's Creed yet still the idea of it looking like the Assassin hood is pretty much credible and smart even though Iltani had no hood and neither did Adam and Eve so I'm not sure when did the hood appear. We have a Babylonian Assassin's logo (and other variants from different countries and civilizations from different time periods) in the Encyclopedia book and that was long before Islam, Christianity which is way before Altair whom Altair told Sofia that he invented the idea of the hood or so I've understood so that makes the idea of weak given what we know so far.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the ideas everyone. I really appreciate your participations.

I think it wouldn't make sense for Assassin's who revolted against the First Civilization (Adam and Eve) to design their logo to look just like the headdress of their creators and rivals whom they revolted against. I also think it's pretty interesting to note that the Animus does translate things, I never paid attention to that fact but when it comes to Ratonhnhake:ton, his language wasn't translated when he spoke to his tribe members so maybe the new software of the Animus only translate in subtitles? hmm... yet they still spoke in English to Desmond. Maybe when they could see through the future like Juno said, they learned about the languages of mankind and used them to communicate? I also find it strange that Minerva spoke to Ezio (whom we're not sure whether he can speak English or they just gave him an English language with Italian accent to make it more understandable to the mainstream audience) in a language (that we heard to be English) and the same language and message were directed to Desmond (who speaks English).

It's kinda strange how the game delved into every single detail of history, mythology, religion, politics and pseudo-science while they never said anything regarding the language or the way that the First Civilization members spoke or whether they could communicate telepathically between each other and using the Apple to communicate with humans or they had a certain language.

I'd love to see that being explained sometime in the game. It's not a matter of language but a matter of accuracy. I always saw the logo of the Assassins to refer to an A letter since it's used on the game box art with the title so it makes you feel like the logo is designed to look like an A which stands for Assassin's Creed yet still the idea of it looking like the Assassin hood is pretty much credible and smart even though Iltani had no hood and neither did Adam and Eve so I'm not sure when did the hood appear. We have a Babylonian Assassin's logo (and other variants from different countries and civilizations from different time periods) in the Encyclopedia book and that was long before Islam, Christianity which is way before Altair whom Altair told Sofia that he invented the idea of the hood or so I've understood so that makes the idea of weak given what we know so far.

NO Probs - i'm talking crap & make no logical sense at all .
I Mean everyone for the last 10,000 years or so had clear recollection & historical records of revolting against the first civilisation so of course the first civ have nothing to do with the Assassin logo / symbol's origin .

You should just ask the DEVS for a conclusive answer . .

zhengyingli
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
For me, the inconsistency started with Connor and Juno's first interaction.

To explain my hypothesis before ACIII came along, I've always thought the TWCB wasn't speaking any language but their own, yet their technology allow the observer to understand via some sort of mind-melding (Vulcan, Asari, maybe Reapers). Of course, I would be more confident about my own theory if Connor didn't know English in the first place and Juno started talking in his native tongue. Since Connor knew English, there's really no telling what dialect Juno's using at that moment.

BTW, just my opinion about the language issue, I felt ACIII is the most authetic of the bunch just because absolutely nothing's audibly translated. It's always a turn off when I'm watching any film (especially Hollywood) with scenes that's supposedly taking place in foreign soils with natives speaking poorly accented English to each other for no reason, the same with ACI and ACII. I know it's the whole Animus premise, but without hearing the native tongues, part of the culture gets lost in translation. At least in ACII and Brotherhood you get to play in Italian and Baron de Valois was supposed to be speaking in Italian most of the time, anyway.

RinoTheBouncer
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
For me, the inconsistency started with Connor and Juno's first interaction.

To explain my hypothesis before ACIII came along, I've always thought the TWCB wasn't speaking any language but their own, yet their technology allow the observer to understand via some sort of mind-melding (Vulcan, Asari, maybe Reapers). Of course, I would be more confident about my own theory if Connor didn't know English in the first place and Juno started talking in his native tongue. Since Connor knew English, there's really no telling what dialect Juno's using at that moment.

BTW, just my opinion about the language issue, I felt ACIII is the most authetic of the bunch just because absolutely nothing's audibly translated. It's always a turn off when I'm watching any film (especially Hollywood) with scenes that's supposedly taking place in foreign soils with natives speaking poorly accented English to each other for no reason, the same with ACI and ACII. I know it's the whole Animus premise, but without hearing the native tongues, part of the culture gets lost in translation. At least in ACII and Brotherhood you get to play in Italian and Baron de Valois was supposed to be speaking in Italian most of the time, anyway.

Me too, I had similar thoughts but with ACIII things changed...

NO Probs - i'm talking crap & make no logical sense at all .
I Mean everyone for the last 10,000 years or so had clear recollection & historical records of revolting against the first civilisation so of course the first civ have nothing to do with the Assassin logo / symbol's origin .

You should just ask the DEVS for a conclusive answer . .

It's totally okay, I'm more than happy to share ideas xD

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Sorry, don't mean to bump this. Just wanna continue the discussion since we haven't reached a conclusion about it yet.

I know that AC English language in Italian accent is actually Italian that they made it that way to sound more understandable to the majority. I still wonder what language did the First Civilization speak? they say "Humans" about us so what are they? what do they call themselves? I know the whole story but what do they count as? did they have a name other than "First Civilization"? Minerva spoke english with an accent but Juno was like much more fluent American english while Jupiter had a more British sound to is as far as I can remember.

Assassin_M
02-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry, don't mean to bump this. Just wanna continue the discussion since we haven't reached a conclusion about it yet.

I know that AC English language in Italian accent is actually Italian that they made it that way to sound more understandable to the majority. I still wonder what language did the First Civilization speak? they say "Humans" about us so what are they? what do they call themselves? I know the whole story but what do they count as? did they have a name other than "First Civilization"? Minerva spoke english with an accent but Juno was like much more fluent American english while Jupiter had a more British sound to is as far as I can remember.
According to William, their language was so much more complex than ours and it took a long time for them to actually translate and even at that, Desmond still had difficulty understanding what they wanted. even when they spoke English...

Regarding their names, none can tell and it hasn't been mentioned as far as I know. all the names they`re given are either from us or vague descriptions from them (TWCB)

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
According to William, their language was so much more complex than ours and it took a long time for them to actually translate and even at that, Desmond still had difficulty understanding what they wanted. even when they spoke English...

Regarding their names, none can tell and it hasn't been mentioned as far as I know. all the names they`re given are either from us or vague descriptions from them (TWCB)

That's very interesting. I never really noticed or read that part when William Miles says that (except for the "Leading us with their own fractured, frustrating way" which was about the symbols rather than the language).

So do you think they could somehow speak telepathically? I mean in Sumerian texts (whom are thought to be sort of aliens or advanced civilization) have multiple meanings for the same word like SO MANY MEANINGS for the same word not like us when we use "Well" as ok or "Well" as a water cistern but even more complex so maybe they had some sort of telepathy or the "Knowledge" sixth sense that makes them know what you actually intend to say.

My own pet theory, crazy I know hehe but I have a strong belief in such things :P

Assassin_M
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
That's very interesting. I never really noticed or read that part when William Miles says that (except for the "Leading us with their own fractured, frustrating way" which was about the symbols rather than the language).

So do you think they could somehow speak telepathically? I mean in Sumerian texts (whom are thought to be sort of aliens or advanced civilization) have multiple meanings for the same word like SO MANY MEANINGS for the same word not like us when we use "Well" as ok or "Well" as a water cistern but even more complex so maybe they had some sort of telepathy or the "Knowledge" sixth sense that makes them know what you actually intend to say.

My own pet theory, crazy I know hehe but I have a strong belief in such things :P
It`s not crazy, really. It makes sense. regarding William`s part, it`s when Desmond gets angry after one confrontation with Juno...William draws comparison of Juno trying to explain everything to them, as them (Human adults) trying to explain something to a new born child...

TWCB could have inspirations from Sumerians. The language is an interesting point to consider like you said..

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 10:58 AM
It`s not crazy, really. It makes sense. regarding William`s part, it`s when Desmond gets angry after one confrontation with Juno...William draws comparison of Juno trying to explain everything to them, as them (Human adults) trying to explain something to a new born child...

TWCB could have inspirations from Sumerians. The language is an interesting point to consider like you said..

Exactly man! that's what I think too.
Btw, if you noticed at the beginning of Brotherhood when we're still at the vault, you notice something like ancient sumerian and egyptian writings on the walls. How's that possible? those are like 75,000 years old at least while the former two are like 6000 and 4000 years old, respectively...

InfectedNation
02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Minerva's message was intended for Desmond. Ezio was a well educated rich boy. It's not out of the question that he could understand a fair amount of English. He didn't seem to struggle with communicating with the natives of Constantinople (which was well known to use many languages at the time, but it's unlikely he was always speaking italian).

I think it's safe to assume Ezio knew a few languages decently and Minerva's message was in English for Desmond's sake.

Connor was fluent in English all his life thanks to his mother (confirmed in deleted AC3 dialogue). We can't be sure but he probably conversed with her in English too.

Abeonis
02-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Minerva's message was intended for Desmond. Ezio was a well educated rich boy. It's not out of the question that he could understand a fair amount of English. He didn't seem to struggle with communicating with the natives of Constantinople (which was well known to use many languages at the time, but it's unlikely he was always speaking italian).

I think it's safe to assume Ezio knew a few languages decently and Minerva's message was in English for Desmond's sake.

Connor was fluent in English all his life thanks to his mother (confirmed in deleted AC3 dialogue). We can't be sure but he probably conversed with her in English too.

Minerva wasn't speaking Eglish though, she was speaking in Italian... What possible reason would she have for speaking to an Italian in English? The fact that Ezio understood every single word Minerva said discounts the possibility of her speaking in English, and Desmond would know what was being said by the simple fact that the Animus translates everything into English for him. The only time any of the First Civilisation actually speak in English, is in Assassin's Creed III and at the end of Revelations (i.e. Jupiter speaking to Desmond).

AjinkyaParuleka
02-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I wanted them to show english words for native american language.Its nice to learn something new.

RinoTheBouncer
02-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Minerva wasn't speaking Eglish though, she was speaking in Italian... What possible reason would she have for speaking to an Italian in English? The fact that Ezio understood every single word Minerva said discounts the possibility of her speaking in English, and Desmond would know what was being said by the simple fact that the Animus translates everything into English for him. The only time any of the First Civilisation actually speak in English, is in Assassin's Creed III and at the end of Revelations (i.e. Jupiter speaking to Desmond).

So why would we assume this? I mean why would we assume she was speaking Italian? Ezio could speak French when he was with Bartolomeo saving Pantasilea so we can assume that he can speak English specially that Minerva didn't have the Italian accent that everybody had when they spoke English.

I agree with you. I didn't mean that Ezio spoke Italian with Minerva but what I mean is throughout the games, he was speaking Italian with his mother or sister for example or La Volpe and Leonardo.
I think she did speak English but I wonder if English was their native language...

Also, the AC logo is a shape of an A and according to the Encyclopedia book, all logos of Assassins from various cultures had the A shape with different designs around it from Babylonian to Levantine so why would they all make it in the shape of an A? why English? I'm sure the word Assassin isn't the same in all languages specially babylonian, Chinese, Japanese..etc.

Abeonis
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
So why would we assume this? I mean why would we assume she was speaking Italian? Ezio could speak French when he was with Bartolomeo saving Pantasilea so we can assume that he can speak English specially that Minerva didn't have the Italian accent that everybody had when they spoke English.

No, we can't make assumptions. We know Ezio spoke a little French because he said as much, being able to speak French does automatically confer upon you the ability to speak English:

Bartolomeo: You speak French?
Ezio Auditore: There were a couple of French girls in Firenze.
Src: ACB: Trojan Horse

Minerva wouldn't speak anything but Italian to Ezio in the Vault, why you could possibly think otherwise is beyond me; and having an accent has absolutely nothing to do with knowing the words. I, for example, can speak a fair bit of French, but I don't have a French accent...

InfectedNation
02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
What matters is that the message was for desmond's ears.

Why would the First Civ speak in a language other than the intended recipent's language?

I think this thread could be summed up with 3 statements:

Desmond is American.
Connor is half British.
Ezio's understanding was irrelevant, except perhaps when Minerva explained the First Civ and when she told him to shut up.

RinoTheBouncer
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
No, we can't make assumptions. We know Ezio spoke a little French because he said as much, being able to speak French does automatically confer upon you the ability to speak English:

Bartolomeo: You speak French?
Ezio Auditore: There were a couple of French girls in Firenze.
Src: ACB: Trojan Horse

Minerva wouldn't speak anything but Italian to Ezio in the Vault, why you could possibly think otherwise is beyond me; and having an accent has absolutely nothing to do with knowing the words. I, for example, can speak a fair bit of French, but I don't have a French accent...

They intentionally showed the Italian accent to English speakers to indicate that they were speaking Italian or used a word or two which had their translation written between brackets in the subtitles, in addition to that Desmond is an English speaking person so since Minerva wanted Ezio to remain silent and not speak so as not to interrupt the message, then there's absolutely no need for her to be speaking it in his own language. Instead, she'd choose to say it in English so the intended speaker would hear it as it should be heard.

Abeonis
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
They intentionally showed the Italian accent to English speakers to indicate that they were speaking Italian or used a word or two which had their translation written between brackets in the subtitles, in addition to that Desmond is an English speaking person so since Minerva wanted Ezio to remain silent and not speak so as not to interrupt the message, then there's absolutely no need for her to be speaking it in his own language. Instead, she'd choose to say it in English so the intended speaker would hear it as it should be heard.

Every. Single. Word. Ezio spoke in ACII was Italian, it was translated into English through the Animus purely for Desmond's comprehension; the only time words were placed in brackets was when the translation software faltered. Ezio understood (but couldn't comprehend) everything Minerva said, which completely discounts the theory that Minerva was speaking in English; the novella (Renaissance) indicates that Ezio understood every single word she said, so I still fail to see why you think Minerva was speaking in English.

RinoTheBouncer
02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Every. Single. Word. Ezio spoke in ACII was Italian, it was translated into English through the Animus purely for Desmond's comprehension; the only time words were placed in brackets was when the translation software faltered. Ezio understood (but couldn't comprehend) everything Minerva said, which completely discounts the theory that Minerva was speaking in English; the novella (Renaissance) indicates that Ezio understood every single word she said, so I still fail to see why you think Minerva was speaking in English.

I still fail to see the problem in knowing more than one language. I'm Iraqi and I understand everything said in video games, street signs, music lyrics, forums..etc. and I don't just walk and say "I'm an English speaker". Besides, the message was sent to an english speaking person so why bother and record it in the language of the prophet? it's not like it matters whether he understood it or not.

Anyway, the main point of the thread was that I was wondering why the Assassins logo has always been designed in the shape of the A letter?

Free_Hidings
02-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Because it looks cool.

/thread

Abeonis
02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
I still fail to see the problem in knowing more than one language. I'm Iraqi and I understand everything said in video games, street signs, music lyrics, forums..etc. and I don't just walk and say "I'm an English speaker". Besides, the message was sent to an english speaking person so why bother and record it in the language of the prophet? it's not like it matters whether he understood it or not.

Anyway, the main point of the thread was that I was wondering why the Assassins logo has always been designed in the shape of the A letter?
I never said there was a problem knowing more than one language, but that's not what you"re arguing. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Minerva was speaking in English, but plenty to the contrary, it may not matter whether Ezio understood what was said, but he did, and he wrote it down (which is how Abstergo knew about Desmond).

Also, that may be the main point of your thread, but the thread title indicates otherwise.

the_atm
02-13-2013, 11:28 PM
hmmm... a "god" race of people who are pretty much gods... I'm thinking they will obviously be able to speak all languages. and also it's only English if you buy an English copy... Just saying :D

InfectedNation
02-13-2013, 11:58 PM
There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Minerva was speaking in English (THE MESSAGE WAS INTENDED FOR AN AMERICAN)
but plenty to the contrary, (NOVELS ARE NOT WRITTEN BY COREY MAY)

it may not matter whether Ezio understood what was said, but he did, and he wrote it down (which is how Abstergo knew about Desmond).

(FAIR POINT, BUT IT'S INTIRELY PLAUSIBLE THAT EZIO UNDERSTOOD ENGLISH)

the_atm
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
*facepalm* it was in English because that's what the game was in... if it was a russian game everyone would be speaking russian... There's a word for what people who don't understand that are but I won't say it... point is that if it were completely realistic, she would have talked to Ezio in Italian and Desmond in Italian as well, i'm assuming because Abstergo was in Italy. they are gods so that means that they can speak any language...

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 12:08 AM
*facepalm* it was in English because that's what the game was in... if it was a russian game everyone would be speaking russian... There's a word for what people who don't understand that are but I won't say it... point is that if it were completely realistic, she would have talked to Ezio in Italian and Desmond in Italian as well, i'm assuming because Abstergo was in Italy. they are gods so that means that they can speak any language...
lol all over xD

Serrachio
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
(THE MESSAGE WAS INTENDED FOR AN AMERICAN)

So what? Minerva was using Ezio as a conduit, but she still spoke to him in 1499. Therefore, she spoke Italian, because Ezio understood it as Abeonis/Jasca pointed out, and subsequently wrote every word down in a journal. That speech was then translated through the Animus software into English for Desmond to comprehend.

(NOVELS ARE NOT WRITTEN BY COREY MAY)

Corey May might not write the novels, but the source for Ezio's journal as the Prophet's Codex is both the Chain and the Encyclopedia (I believe). Seeing as the writers of the comic strived to keep it in universe, it isn't out of the question to believe they consulted Corey on the details.

(FAIR POINT, BUT IT'S INTIRELY PLAUSIBLE THAT EZIO UNDERSTOOD ENGLISH)

Just because it's plausible, it doesn't make it fact if there's nothing to back it up.

the_atm
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
lol all over xD
I don't understand why you are "lol all over" ing... lol

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't understand why you are "lol all over" ing... lol
Your explanations.. :D

the_atm
02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Your explanations.. :D
Ok let me rephrase than...

If your copy of the game was a Russian copy, so you bought it in Russia, everyone would speak Russian. But since you, and everyone else here by the looks of it, got it in English, everyone talks in English. So if it were "realistic" or everyone were to speak in their real language I'm sure Minerva and every other god would be talking to who ever in their rightful laungauge but if Ubisoft were to do that everyone would be complaining because we would not understand what was going on...

Better? :D

CalgaryJay
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM

Well technically its not, as the Western letter "A" is a carryover from the ancient Greek "alpha", which is the exact same symbol.

Abeonis
02-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Ok let me rephrase than...

If your copy of the game was a Russian copy, so you bought it in Russia, everyone would speak Russian. But since you, and everyone else here by the looks of it, got it in English, everyone talks in English. So if it were "realistic" or everyone were to speak in their real language I'm sure Minerva and every other god would be talking to who ever in their rightful laungauge but if Ubisoft were to do that everyone would be complaining because we would not understand what was going on...

Better? :D

Indeed; the language we hear is dependant on the localisation of the game you have, but she is still 'speaking' Italian. I also agree that it is entirely possible (but unconfirmed) that Minerva was actually speaking First Civilisationish (I doubt that's the technical term), but was translated for Ezio's benefit. It's moments like this where a little bit of 'suspension of disbelief'.

the_atm
02-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Indeed; the language we hear is dependant on the localisation of the game you have, but she is still 'speaking' Italian. I also agree that it is entirely possible (but unconfirmed) that Minerva was actually speaking First Civilisationish (I doubt that's the technical term), but was translated for Ezio's benefit. It's moments like this where a little bit of 'suspension of disbelief'.
again... she's a god... you can't tell me that an all powerful god can't speak what ever language she wants? that's a pretty lame god than...

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 05:20 AM
again... she's a god... you can't tell me that an all powerful god can't speak what ever language she wants? that's a pretty lame god than...
she`s not a god and she`s not all powerful...

This isn't God of War...

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 09:56 AM
So if the logo is based on the first letter of the word ASSASSIN. Well it's an A so if it's from Latin or whatever, still Latin isn't the only nor the oldest language in the world nor it predated the First Civilization and the birth of the Assassins Brotherhood. So why an A? or is it perhaps, the shape of the hood that assassins wear?

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
So if the logo is based on the first letter of the word ASSASSIN. Well it's an A so if it's from Latin or whatever, still Latin isn't the only nor the oldest language in the world nor it predated the First Civilization and the birth of the Assassins Brotherhood. So why an A? or is it perhaps, the shape of the hood that assassins wear?
Well...We don't know exactly when the Symbol was made. Ancient Greek is pretty old...

LightRey
02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm gonna ignore what the hell everyone said and focus on the ridiculous point that it was plausible that Ezio understood English. English was a completely different language back then. Even if Ezio understood the English that was spoken at the time, he would never have understood Minerva if what she said wasn't an Animus translation (or something more sophisticated).

She was speaking Italian.

Duh.

SorryImSoAce
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Erm, so people can understand what they're saying..

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
The animus translates what is deemed important information into English. At least that is how Lucy explained it in AC1. I haven't read a single post from this thread so maybe what i just said is out of context. Meh.

the_atm
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
she`s not a god and she`s not all powerful...

This isn't God of War...
god, advance race, now adays what's the difference? point is that they came before us, they had super hi-tech stuff like holograms and well the apple of eden that let people see the futre, controle peopls minds and what not, i'm pretty sure they could speak any language they wanted to. :D

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 09:41 PM
god, advance race, now adays what's the difference? point is that they came before us, they had super hi-tech stuff like holograms and well the apple of eden that let people see the futre, controle peopls minds and what not, i'm pretty sure they could speak any language they wanted to. :D

The difference being that even in AC lore "Gods" are fictional. TWCB are another species, just like anything else on earth. But I suppose it's clever what Ubi have done because even in the games people have saw TWCB as gods... even though they're not...because there is no such thing.

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm gonna ignore what the hell everyone said and focus on the ridiculous point that it was plausible that Ezio understood English. English was a completely different language back then. Even if Ezio understood the English that was spoken at the time, he would never have understood Minerva if what she said wasn't an Animus translation (or something more sophisticated).

She was speaking Italian.

Duh.

Alright, next time, write in Italian here because we all know there's google translate that will translate what you say, so don't worry LOL :P Just like how Minerva supposedly spoke the language of someone who's understanding to the message doesn't matter.

Well...We don't know exactly when the Symbol was made. Ancient Greek is pretty old...

I think Sumerian is much older as far as I know. On the other hand, I think it's either made by Ubisoft to show the brotherhood more in rhythm around the world without any logical links to how they came to invent it or maybe because it resembles the hood which, despite it's changes throughout the years, it had a shape similar to this.

it's clever what Ubi have done because even in the games people have saw TWCB as gods... even though they're not...because there is no such thing.

We can't say there's no such thing nor there is such thing. Science hasn't discovered everything until now and we don't know the nature of the maker of the universe if he's the same as the one we know in religious books or something totally different.

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 10:25 PM
We can't say there's no such thing nor there is such thing.

I can. But what you believe Is entirely up to you :)

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
I can. But what you believe Is entirely up to you :)

I'm not speaking from the perspective of what you or I believe, just saying that just because there's no proof that a star called Madonna exists doesn't mean it doesn't nor it means that it does xD

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm not speaking from the perspective of what you or I believe, just saying that just because there's no proof that a star called Madonna exists doesn't mean it doesn't nor it means that it does xD

But when one theory provides blatant evidence to negate the other, i can safely believe that one is true, and the other is not.

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
But when one theory provides blatant evidence to negate the other, i can safely believe that one is true, and the other is not.

Sure, but when the despite what we all learned so far cannot prove or say for sure from where the universe or the multiverse that contains many universes (another theory) came from, in that case it's safe to have different beliefs that non of them can be cancelled or confirmed until we find the means to say for sure.

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Sure, but when the despite what we all learned so far cannot prove or say for sure from where the universe or the multiverse that contains many universes (another theory) came from, in that case it's safe to have different beliefs that non of them can be cancelled or confirmed until we find the means to say for sure.

I agree. I look forward to the day i meet the giant potato that created the universe when he let out a sneeze.

InfectedNation
02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Good points have been raised here on both sides
I don't have solid evidence that they're always speaking English - There's no clear answer to this. But I just don't understand WHY Minerva would bother speaking Italian... Ezio doesn't really understand what she's on about anyway, and he doesn't need to understand. He's simply "a conduit for a message which eludes [his] understanding"

Also I haven't read the chain yet, last time I checked it wasn't in the comic store :/

PS: No matter what language your game is in - Desmond is still American and his language is English.

Abeonis
02-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Alright, next time, write in Italian here because we all know there's google translate that will translate what you say, so don't worry LOL :P Just like how Minerva supposedly spoke the language of someone who's understanding to the message doesn't matter.

Yes well, when Google or Ubisoft invent a translation software that can accurately translate text and speech in realtime, you're more than welcome to start speaking in Italian. You're saying that, simply because the message wasn't meant for Ezio, she couldn't possibly have spoke in his language; I often speak to my friends and work colleagues in English, that doesn't mean the message is for you.

Good points have been raised here on both sides
I don't have solid evidence that they're always speaking English - There's no clear answer to this. But I just don't understand WHY Minerva would bother speaking Italian... Ezio doesn't really understand what she's on about anyway, and he doesn't need to understand. He's simply "a conduit for a message which eludes [his] understanding"

Also I haven't read the chain yet, last time I checked it wasn't in the comic store :/

PS: No matter what language your game is in - Desmond is still American and his language is English.

Well, if you had read The Chain you would know that, regardless of whether you think it matters if Ezio understood the message or not, he did, and he wrote it down in significant detail (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Prophet's_Codex).

LightRey
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Yes well, when Google or Ubisoft invent a translation software that can accurately translate text and speech in realtime, you're more than welcome to start speaking in Italian. You're saying that, simply because the message wasn't meant for Ezio, she couldn't possibly have spoke in his language; I often speak to my friends and work colleagues in English, that doesn't mean the message is for you.

Well, if you had read The Chain you would know that, regardless of whether you think it matters if Ezio understood the message or not, he did, and he wrote it down in significant detail (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Prophet's_Codex).
Even without the book it's clear from his reactions and his descriptions early on in ACB that he clearly understood what she said, even if he didn't understand the full meaning of the message itself.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Who the hell said first civilisation are gods..?

Abeonis
02-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Who the hell said first civilisation are gods..?

Ezio: "You are gods?"
Minerva: "No, not gods. We simply came... before."
Src: ACII

There is also the fact that most of the known members of the First Civilisation are named after gods (or, in-universe, leant their names to the gods). They may not have actually been gods, but they were certainly perceived as them.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Ezio: "You are gods?"
Minerva: "No, not gods. We simply came... before."
Src: ACII

There is also the fact that most of the known members of the First Civilisation are named after gods (or, in-universe, leant their names to the gods). They may not have actually been gods, but they were certainly perceived as them.

So the question is, what were their names?
She was Uni then Juno. The other was Mera, Merva and later Minerva so did they have names before? where did those names come from?

I mean I'm Reno and I won't be Roonie and then Renato in 5000 years LOL.

Abeonis
02-17-2013, 07:44 PM
She was Uni then Juno. The other was Mera, Merva and later Minerva so did they have names before? where did those names come from?.

Their parents, presumably...

I mean I'm Reno and I won't be Roonie and then Renato in 5000 years LOL.

Yes, well, you're not the basis of a god's legend, are you?

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Their parents, presumably...

Yes, well, you're not the basis of a god's legend, are you?

I'm just giving an example. The way we were introduced to Minerva was "you know her as Merva, Merva or Minverva" and then "Uni and later Juno"
So we don't really know their names, do we?

Their Parents? well of course their parents name them but why do the names change?

TheHumanTowel
02-18-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm just giving an example. The way we were introduced to Minerva was "you know her as Merva, Merva or Minverva" and then "Uni and later Juno"
So we don't really know their names, do we?

Their Parents? well of course their parents name them but why do the names change?
Because they're different cultures interpretations of them.

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Because they're different cultures interpretations of them.

So we still don't know the real names...

LightRey
02-18-2013, 08:43 AM
So we still don't know the real names...
Assuming they ever had any.

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Assuming they ever had any.

Why would we assume such a thing? I mean how would you call out for somebody? and why did Adam and Eve have a name if names weren't needed that time? as well as Aita? or was it just a given name later?

LightRey
02-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Why would we assume such a thing? I mean how would you call out for somebody? and why did Adam and Eve have a name if names weren't needed that time? as well as Aita? or was it just a given name later?
Adam and Eve weren't TWCB. We don't know much about TWCB culture, so we shouldn't assume that they used names like we do.

To give an example of an alternative, in Dragon Age there is a culture called the Qunari. The Qunari don't use names at all, but titles. So if you are for example a soldier of the rank Sten, your "name" will be Sten, like any other Sten, but if you are promoted (or demoted), your rank and therefore your designation changes.

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Adam and Eve weren't TWCB. We don't know much about TWCB culture, so we shouldn't assume that they used names like we do.

To give an example of an alternative, in Dragon Age there is a culture called the Qunari. The Qunari don't use names at all, but titles. So if you are for example a soldier of the rank Sten, your "name" will be Sten, like any other Sten, but if you are promoted (or demoted), your rank and therefore your designation changes.

Humans were the product of TWCB, they were like their pets, our pets have no names until we give them names so I assume that they might have given humans these names. Dragon Age does work that way, yeah but why should we assume that they're similar if we don't have any info. regarding that matter?

Aita might have been human, though because the way he appeared in the hologram looked just like those who were in the hologram talking about using many people to wish something and the Apple makes it come true.

LightRey
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Humans were the product of TWCB, they were like their pets, our pets have no names until we give them names so I assume that they might have given humans these names. Dragon Age does work that way, yeah but why should we assume that they're similar if we don't have any info. regarding that matter?

Aita might have been human, though because the way he appeared in the hologram looked just like those who were in the hologram talking about using many people to wish something and the Apple makes it come true.
I'm not saying they had no names, just that we shouldn't assume they did. I also think it's unfair to compare humans to pets. Humans were slaves, and besides that it seems to be the case that Adam and Eve were hybrids, not regular humans, and they may well have given themselves or each other names after breaking free from the control of the apples.

That Aita was human is an interesting possibility I've considered myself. If that was the case, there might be a lot more to Juno's hatred for humans than originally thought.

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not saying they had no names, just that we shouldn't assume they did. I also think it's unfair to compare humans to pets. Humans were slaves, and besides that it seems to be the case that Adam and Eve were hybrids, not regular humans, and they may well have given themselves or each other names after breaking free from the control of the apples.

That Aita was human is an interesting possibility I've considered myself. If that was the case, there might be a lot more to Juno's hatred for humans than originally thought.

You think so? I think Aita is very interesting along with Juno and her hatred to human beings.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way cause It's obvious from the two cutscenes that Aita looked similar to the humans controlled by Jupiter.

Maybe Juno loved a human being, Aita who volunteered to the experiment and then she had to kill him, then her father got killed by human hands (or before Aita's death) then the whole war so I guess the only thing she saw from humans was heartbreak and pain whether it's her husband who's frail and fragile body lead his mind to shatter and forced her to kill him or her father that they took away from her ...etc.

I also wonder if there were any religious beliefs at that time. Our civilization now, despite the evolution still has many many religious scientists so I wonder if there was some belief back then that somebody had something to do with the creation of the universe/multiverse.

MasterAssasin84
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey Assassins,

So what do you think?

If you listen to Desmonds and Lucy's conversation in AC1 desmond does actualy point out to lucy " why are the subjects speaking in English rather than Arabic ?

She does reply that during the simulation and Animus sessions there are some inaccurisms with the Language and dialects.

The symbol actualy is based of the design of the Masonic square and compass , though i am still trying to find out what the conncetion actualy is
so if there is any explainations of that please share :)

Abeonis
02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
If you listen to Desmonds and Lucy's conversation in AC1 desmond does actualy point out to lucy " why are the subjects speaking in English rather than Arabic ?

She does reply that during the simulation and Animus sessions there are some inaccurisms with the Language and dialects.

The symbol actualy is based of the design of the Masonic square and compass , though i am still trying to find out what the conncetion actualy is

We've explained this; he chose to deny it and ardently believe they had to be speaking in English.

MasterAssasin84
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
We've explained this; he chose to deny it and ardently believe they had to be speaking in English.

Wonders never cease aye lol !! , though i am very keen to find out the connection between the Assassin Symbol and the Masonic compass ?

AjinkyaParuleka
02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
I just believe that our "gods" where just probably another aliens(like Protheans from ME)or wonders created by the some sort of tools of another civilization.Right know I will agree that Jesus and Gautam Buddha existed,if you want me to go beyond that,I won't believe 'em.**** it,I wonder when our Astro-Scientist find faster methods to traverse in space,there are chances Europa might have life :I(does not indicate aliens exist there,just far far away in da galaxy).

RinoTheBouncer
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM

It's not like I have something personal against you or anyone who explained it to "choose to deny". I'm well aware that the Animus does translate and I didn't question why any other characters speak English except for Minerva. The reason that made me open this thread was cause I was wondering about why the logo of the Assassins resembles an A letter despite the Assassins Creed being built thousands of years ago where english probably didn't exist and also in different non-english-speaking-countries.

On the other hand, I wondered about Minerva's speech because since it's a message to Desmond, why should it be in someone else's language. Simple...

I know the Animus does translate languages. I'm well aware of that. Regarding the logo, I'm wondering the same thing.

TheHumanTowel
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
It's a coincidence the logo vaguely looks somewhat like an A. Case closed.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
The logo can be easily formed by unbuttoning 3 buttons in a collared button shirt.

RinoTheBouncer
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
It's a coincidence the logo vaguely looks somewhat like an A. Case closed.

And that's based on what?

TheHumanTowel
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
And that's based on what?
The fact that the Crusade Era Assassins didn't speak English.

LightRey
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
The fact that the Crusade Era Assassins didn't speak English.
Some of them knew Latin or Greek. The letter 'A' is by no means exclusive to the English language.

Moreover, there's absolutely no reason to assume the Assassins in Masyaf were the first to use the symbol.

TheHumanTowel
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Some of them knew Latin or Greek. The letter 'A' is by no means exclusive to the English language.

Moreover, there's absolutely no reason to assume the Assassins in Masyaf were the first to use the symbol.
.Even if they did know the Latin alphabet why would they choose to use that letter as a basis for their symbol, none of them speak english or latin or whatever as a first language? I would think the symbol originated somewhat from the time of Adam and Eve but they didn't speak english so the symbol can't be based on the letter A. I'm trying to think at this point why it even matters, It doesn't even look like an A that much!

LightRey
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
.Even if they did know the Latin alphabet why would they choose to use that letter as a basis for their symbol, none of them speak english or latin or whatever as a first language? I would think the symbol originated somewhat from the time of Adam and Eve but they didn't speak english so the symbol can't be based on the letter A. I'm trying to think at this point why it even matters, It doesn't even look like an A that much!
Oh I don't think they based it on the letter 'A', just that the argument you used was rather poor.

TheHumanTowel
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh I don't think they based it on the letter 'A', just that the argument you used was rather poor.
Well I never. How dare you sir How very dare you!

LightRey
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Well I never. How dare you sir How very dare you!
...I'm not sure how to respond to that :|

Mr_Shade
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
wow.. LightRey speechless...?

[screenshot taken]

LightRey
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
wow.. LightRey speechless...?

[screenshot taken]
There's a first time for everything I suppose xD