PDA

View Full Version : Hints about the next major AC release. (Spoilers)

GoldyTart
01-08-2013, 12:13 AM
William said to Desmond how they are trying to bypass the need to synchronize ancestors just to reach the main target memory saving alot of time.
Shaun comments on how he wants to turn the dial back all the way back to the First Civilization times.
With these comments do you guys think Ubisoft may have a different ways to approach history instead of relying on one ancestor. Maybe a game where we play as multiple ancestors all doing their key memories and some gameplay of the sci-fi past?

I can see a possibility of going back to first-civ times to get an idea on how to stop Juno. I think it is feasible and possibly why the developers hinted it in the first place.

Do you guys see other hints in current AC titles that suggest a possible sequel?

ToughGuy31
01-08-2013, 02:54 AM
I remember reading a theory of how the game would've focused on Adam and Eve, but I think that should actually be similar to the Cristina missions. I wouldn't mind multiple playable characters.

IronEagl3
01-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Playing with multiple characters won't get us attached to them like in previous games.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Playing with multiple characters won't get us attached to them like in previous games.
If done well, It can...

IronEagl3
01-08-2013, 03:27 AM
If done well, It can...

They'd have to make a game twice the size of AC3, and I doubt they can pull that off, with the budget and all. And if they do attempt this in a short period of time, it will be a total fail. Better to have 1 great ancestor than to have 2 ancestor's with a bad overall product.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 03:30 AM
They'd have to make a game twice the size of AC3, and I doubt they can pull that off, with the budget and all. And if they do attempt this in a short period of time, it will be a total fail. Better to have 1 great ancestor than to have 2 ancestor's with a bad overall product.
Like I said, If done well, it can work....

and it does not have to be twice AC III. Haytham took 1/4 of AC III and people still liked him. Quantity does not matter...

IronEagl3
01-08-2013, 03:40 AM

and it does not have to be twice AC III. Haytham took 1/4 of AC III and people still liked him. Quantity does not matter...

1/3* :) haha and yeah that's true. But still, a lot of people felt like Connor's part of the game was too short. Which I sort of don't understand since Altair's story took place within a matter of 3 months...

GoldyTart
01-08-2013, 03:41 AM

Which makes AC3 an experiment to see our reaction if we played as multiple players.The developers claim that they wanted us to understand the antagonists much better instead of the ways it has been shown in previous titles. Another reason could have been to see if such an attempt is popular. This could mean we could get more protagonists to have gameplay moments with and possible different unique gameplays.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 03:44 AM
1/3* :) haha and yeah that's true. But still, a lot of people felt like Connor's part of the game was too short. Which I sort of don't understand since Altair's story took place within a matter of 3 months...
People liked Haytham because he was made to be like-able. Just 3 sequences were enough for us to like him. If they manage to make a compelling story with 2 characters, it wont be a problem.

Which makes AC3 an experiment to see our reaction if we played as multiple players.The developers claim that they wanted us to understand the antagonists much better instead of the ways it has been shown in previous titles. Another reason could have been to see if such an attempt is popular. This could mean we could get more than protagonists to have gameplay moments with.
Indeed.

Auditore8
01-08-2013, 04:03 AM
This all sounds cool, but I the only problem that struck me while reading through here was the ending of the game. Once you finish it's just free roam, and if you have multiple ancestors from different time periods then how would Free Roam work out? Other than that, I like the idea of multiple characters, we could explore so much more of history

LoyalACFan
01-08-2013, 05:11 AM
This all sounds cool, but I the only problem that struck me while reading through here was the ending of the game. Once you finish it's just free roam, and if you have multiple ancestors from different time periods then how would Free Roam work out? Other than that, I like the idea of multiple characters, we could explore so much more of history

They could just add an option to switch over to another ancestor in the pause menu. Or, if they didn't make the ending a cliffhanger or kill off the descendant, they could allow you to exit the Animus as the modern protagonist even after the game ends and be able to choose which ancestor you want to access every time you re-enter the Animus.

Will_Lucky
01-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Heh GTA V is going to attempt it, if Rockstar can pull it off I'd guess the AC team can as well.

Deltasparkz
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
It'd be nice for DLC characters like GTA 4 DLC's
I heard one rumour that the next setting would be in Brazil

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd love to "Turn the dial back", I really wanna see what those times used to look like.

I also love to have a game in the pre-Altair period. Let's have something in B.C. times, something in the times of Babylon or the First Civilization. There are so many stories that are either labeled or mislabeled as myths that can be related to the Pieces of Eden.

I also love to see Adam & Eve. I mean, those are probably the most talked about couple in the world. Whether you believe they're the mother and father of all mankind or how mitochondria came from Mitochondria Eve who lived in South Africa (Sounds a lot like Parasite Eve) or whatever you believe, they remain a very popular subject since the dawn of time and specifically in the AC series, they were the first Assassins so I guess living an adventure to see their whole story would be such a grand project specially that Ubisoft has been feeding us bits and bits of info. about the mythology of the game that they created so that we don't feel so surprised when we see history alter (or corrected) from their own perspective. Now it's time to deal with the real thing, let it be controversial, us fans will still purchase it. I'm a Muslim yet I don't have a problem with a story even if it messes with holy elements because after all, it's a story.

IronEagl3
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
I'd love to "Turn the dial back", I really wanna see what those times used to look like.

I also love to have a game in the pre-Altair period. Let's have something in B.C. times, something in the times of Babylon or the First Civilization. There are so many stories that are either labeled or mislabeled as myths that can be related to the Pieces of Eden.

I also love to see Adam & Eve. I mean, those are probably the most talked about couple in the world. Whether you believe they're the mother and father of all mankind or how mitochondria came from Mitochondria Eve who lived in South Africa (Sounds a lot like Parasite Eve) or whatever you believe, they remain a very popular subject since the dawn of time and specifically in the AC series, they were the first Assassins so I guess living an adventure to see their whole story would be such a grand project specially that Ubisoft has been feeding us bits and bits of info. about the mythology of the game that they created so that we don't feel so surprised when we see history alter (or corrected) from their own perspective. Now it's time to deal with the real thing, let it be controversial, us fans will still purchase it. I'm a Muslim yet I don't have a problem with a story even if it messes with holy elements because after all, it's a story.

I've been waiting for a game with Adam & Eve ever since I beat AC2, about 3 years ago. It would be so amazing to play as 1 or the other...or both :D

And I'm a Muslim too HIGH FIVE! :D

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 10:30 PM
You guys are Muslims ?? xD

Who would`v thought:D

GoldyTart
01-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Even I am a Muslim. I remember my friend coming to my house with AC2 in his hand and he's like "Dude, what kind of games do you play?! This is against our religious ideas!" I was like dude, it's a fictional game. Not a fact.

Personally I have been desperately hoping that Ubisoft will actually give a gameplay in the first civ. times ever since I saw S16's the truth video......

Petition for a game or DLC of this period!!!!!!!!

GoldyTart
01-09-2013, 12:35 AM
They could just add an option to switch over to another ancestor in the pause menu. Or, if they didn't make the ending a cliffhanger or kill off the descendant, they could allow you to exit the Animus as the modern protagonist even after the game ends and be able to choose which ancestor you want to access every time you re-enter the Animus.

I cannot stop staring at Altair's teeth... Dude, wtf? He's not like that...

Assassin_M
01-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Even I am a Muslim. I remember my friend coming to my house with AC2 in his hand and he's like "Dude, what kind of games do you play?! This is against our religious ideas!" I was like dude, it's a fictional game. Not a fact.

You too ?? xD

I haven't met people like your friend, though...not yet at least:p

GoldyTart
01-09-2013, 03:14 AM
You too ?? xD

I haven't met people like your friend, though...not yet at least:p

My friend is pretty close and is very religious unlike me... btw what is your religion status?

Assassin_M
01-09-2013, 03:16 AM
My friend is pretty close and is very religious unlike me... btw what is your religion status?
explain status :p

catkiller97
01-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Playing with multiple characters won't get us attached to them like in previous games. I will love to play with multiple protagonist :)

GoldyTart
01-09-2013, 07:10 AM
explain status :p

What. do. you. believe. in? OR, what. religion. do. you. follow?

mattahleen
01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm digging the idea of multiple ancestors. It means we don't need an entire decade for a modern character. I will also point out that a modern character can be anywhere in the world any time after 1937. Gandhi era here we come.

Assassin_M
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
What. do. you. believe. in? OR, what. religion. do. you. follow?
Ah xD Sorry...:p

I`m Muslim too:D

playassassins1
01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Ah xD Sorry...:p

I`m Muslim too:D

That's funny... I'm Muslim too..

Muslims everywhere!

GoldyTart
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Muslims everywhere!

I always thought Altair was a Muslim because of the setting.... We all know he's an atheist NOW but I still probably bought the first game because of this unknown fact....

ToughGuy31
01-09-2013, 10:15 PM

Muslims everywhere!
Wow there are a lot of Muslims here.