PDA

View Full Version : PS3 serious LAG & FPS drop on cities...

niolabombers
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
someone tell if this will be resolved? did some research and many users are having the same problem. please help.

jplr98
01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I play AC III a lot on PS3 (60+ hours) and never experienced any FPS drops (really, never). I don't think the problem is the game.

dewgel
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I play AC III a lot on PS3 (60+ hours) and never experienced any FPS drops (really, never). I don't think the problem is the game.

As this chap said, I'm also on PS3 with no drops. I get the occasional drop in New York, but it's very minor.

It'll just be your mind playing tricks on you, the game runs at 60fps in certain areas which makes you think that's normal, where when it goes back to the average 25-30fps then you begin to question it.

If you're having major issues like it becoming unplayable, the problem lies with your PS3. Possible overheating / GPU problem. The game is not the problem.

niolabombers
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
really? maybe my ps3 then? I'll try to uninstall / install. hope get rid of it... it's really annoying...this is a digital copy, i did not expect no lag at all...

dewgel
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
really? maybe my ps3 then? I'll try to uninstall / install. hope get rid of it... it's really annoying...this is a digital copy, i did not expect no lag at all...

That can tend to be worse, actually. I digitally downloaded Borderlands and I noticed it was considerably worse performing than my friend's.

Something to do with the bluray drive coupled with the textures stored on the PS3 HDD being able to read better. Whereas if everything is coming from the HDD then there's a chance it's struggling?

I'm not sure, but whatever the case, your problem lies with hardware, not the game. OR you're just over-reacting and you're not used to it. I mean, try playing Far Cry 3 on the console. That's just generally constantly 25fps, you get used to it after a while.

niolabombers
01-07-2013, 08:07 PM
this was a huge tip! we never think a digital copy could be worse on a console. the ps3 system was made/optimized to work better with Blu ray discs, eureka!!. AC3 work with a unlimited FPS? thats why you say I'm feeling the drop, right? If I had a chance to play FarCry3 I will!

CalgaryJay
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't have a PS3 so I can't say for sure, but someone mentioned here a couple months ago with a link that the Frontier looks better on the PS3, whereas cities run much smoother on the XBox. All I know is I have an XBox and the cities look incredible and are smooth as hell.

Actually on a side note, just started playing Sleeping Dogs, and while its a very fun game, the graphics aren't even in the same universe as AC3's. Was running around New York rooftops last night after a week of SD, I was re-blown away with the visuals.

askerayaz
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
same here i tend to get drops in cities on sp, but i play it on disc, but the country side is always smooth, but i think thats mainly to do with the amount of characters which the ps3 has to render, bcuz on the main missions it tended to get a little laggier in the frontier when there were alot of soldiers.

niolabombers
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't have a PS3 so I can't say for sure, but someone mentioned here a couple months ago with a link that the Frontier looks better on the PS3, whereas cities run much smoother on the XBox. All I know is I have an XBox and the cities look incredible and are smooth as hell.

Actually on a side note, just started playing Sleeping Dogs, and while its a very fun game, the graphics aren't even in the same universe as AC3's. Was running around New York rooftops last night after a week of SD, I was re-blown away with the visuals.

I had made a promise to me that I would not buy more AC's for PS3 ... but it was only on PSN for sale until now. I was super impatient, so I bought it.