PDA

View Full Version : Why does Connor have a bullet shield?

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I have noticed recently that sometimes when shot, instead of being hit Connor is briefly surrounded by this yellowey green shield barrier type thing. Does anyone know why this is? Seems a bit odd. I don't think it's a hack, as I haven't turned any on that I can think of.

ProletariatPleb
01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Maybe Connor thinks he's Commander Shepard :P

Okay seriously - Peg leg's final mission you get the Shard of Eden, that ring, that's what it does.

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Are you serious OP? You do all the Peg Leg missions to get that ring, then the prompts at the top right keep saying it deflects bullets. Learn to pay attention.

TheArcaneEagle
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Its the Shard of Eden you collect at the end of all the Peg Leg Missions when you go to Oak Island to solve the puzzle. It has a chance to deflect the damage of bullets.

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Are you serious OP? You do all the Peg Leg missions to get that ring, then the prompts at the top right keep saying it deflects bullets. Learn to pay attention.

Wow so much anger. I don't catch all the prompts, they aren't that obvious, as you said top right. I often miss convoy notifications too as I am usually focused centre screen. Chill the **** out. Thanks everyone else for answers

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow so much anger. I don't catch all the prompts, they aren't that obvious, as you said top right. I often miss convoy notifications too as I am usually focused centre screen. Chill the **** out. Thanks everyone else for answers

Aren't that obvious?... Wow...

MT4K
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Aren't that obvious?... Wow...

Don't they also tell you and explain it using actual speech as well? As in Rebecca or Shaun or somebody explains it? I forget lol. Plus you have the scene where it sends Faulkner's drink flying out his hands....

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
I get notifications every time I change region in the frontier, it's in the same box in the upper corner, it doesn't stand out especially if there is action going on on screen. The scene where it sends Faulkners drink flying out says that it repels metal or something like that, which doesn't nessecarily mean it can stop a full speed bullet

ProletariatPleb
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
I get notifications every time I change region in the frontier, it's in the same box in the upper corner, it doesn't stand out especially if there is action going on on screen. The scene where it sends Faulkners drink flying out says that it repels metal or something like that, which doesn't nessecarily mean it can stop a full speed bullet
What else do you think it could be useful for -_- it's a game?

Sushiglutton
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Don't worry about it :)! People on the internet love to jump someone who has missunderstood, or not quiet got something. It's easy to miss a detail like that in a 40h game, no big deal ;) (I never understood that you could do double assassinations by holding the high profile button and I struggled a lot with the lock picking just to name two examples).

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Don't they also tell you and explain it using actual speech as well? As in Rebecca or Shaun or somebody explains it? I forget lol. Plus you have the scene where it sends Faulkner's drink flying out his hands....

Yup, there is also a database entry for it I think.

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Don't worry about it :)! People on the internet love to jump someone who has missunderstood, or not quiet got something. It's easy to miss a detail like that in a 40h game, no big deal ;) (I never understood that you could do double assassinations by holding the high profile button and I struggled a lot with the lock picking just to name two examples).

Exactly man, so many butthurt ******bags here Jesus Christ

ToughGuy31
01-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Because it's cool.

Black_Widow9
01-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Because it's cool.
Unfortunately....

Not here though guys so knock it off. :/

LoyalACFan
01-08-2013, 05:04 AM
I remember when I first got the Shard, I thought it was supposed to deflect ALL bullet damage... So naturally, I found the biggest group of soldiers I could find and made them fire on me point blank :p Didn't end well.

MT4K
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I remember when I first got the Shard, I thought it was supposed to deflect ALL bullet damage... So naturally, I found the biggest group of soldiers I could find and made them fire on me point blank :p Didn't end well.

lol.

"MUhahaha Do your best you lousy Soldiers...." Famous last words?

AjinkyaParuleka
01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
lol.

"MUhahaha Do your best you lousy Soldiers...." Famous last words?

Lol