PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Store

Kraschman2010
01-07-2013, 06:44 AM
I started over because of a bug (The darn Encyclopedia) and seem to have caught another one.

I'm in Sequence 6 just prior to the Tea Party mission, I've freed the North district of Boston, and both bought and sold items at the General Store there, but I'm unable to unlock it to send a convoy there, I still get only the one Boston store you have from the beginning.

I unlocked all the stores on a previous playthrough. but now in this one they won't unlock. Any ideas what the problem is?

Kraschman2010
01-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I started over because of a bug (The darn Encyclopedia) and seem to have caught another one.

I'm in Sequence 6 just prior to the Tea Party mission, I've freed the North district of Boston, and both bought and sold items at the General Store there, but I'm unable to unlock it to send a convoy there, I still get only the one Boston store you have from the beginning.

I unlocked all the stores on a previous playthrough. but now in this one they won't unlock. Any ideas what the problem is?

Well without knowing what's caused it, I can verify it IS bugged. Was able to unlock the South Boston shop by selling them a wolf pelt without a hitch. The North Boston shop still locked tight.

Going to do a little experimentation to try and pin down where it's happening...

Ferrith
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
At this point I assume Achilles has already explained to you how to use the book and trade by sending convoys?

Kraschman2010
01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
At this point I assume Achilles has already explained to you how to use the book and trade by sending convoys?

Indeed yes. Tried replaying and got the same problem. Achilles does the trading tutorial much earlier in Sequence 6 I believe. I couldn't unlock the store even in Sequence 7. And I'd never set foot inside any general store other than the story-related trip to Boston. Can unlock SOUTH Boston Store, but not NORTH. Going to try something to see if it works...

TheRealDABhand
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I had no problems with that store in 1.01 or 1.02 recently.

It seems that bugs are totally random to whoever plays it, i.e. people get different bugs.

Mine has been the Delivery assignments not registering and stuck on 32% like a few others.

I too had the encyclopedia not completing but it did on my save after 1.02 was installed.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 08:15 AM
I agree. Bugs and glitches on this game, PC version, seem to be random. As I posted on another thread, on my first play-through everything went smoothly, but on the second all the bugs I had read about started appeared. I think the guys of the studio that worked on the PC version adaption don't deserve their salaries.

Kraschman2010
01-21-2013, 03:16 AM
Since the most recent patch, I've got it to work. But I don't think the patch fixed it.

Before, the Central Boston store defaults to being available since you buy the homestead materials there. And it still is...

But it seems that while the SOUTH Boston store will open up simply by selling something there, the NORTH one requires you to first sell a pelt or such at the CENTRAL Boston store.

Sell a pelt in North Boston without selling one at Central Boston = still locked. I think...

Of course, it shouldn't matter in North Boston about selling a pelt in central Boston, but it appears it very well might.