PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 Opinion

PrimalDeactivate
01-06-2013, 10:31 PM
For what I have researched in the internet that AC4 will be in Brazil, I think it's a bad idea. Not because of Racism it's because mostly, in America I think 99.9% of the population doesn't know the history of Brazil. Unless if Desmond (or whoever is going to be the next protagonist that will be replacing Desmond) will stay in Brazil but the new protagonist in the Animus will be somewhere else. But if the Animus puts the Protagonist in Brazil I would try the game but "IF" I don't like it I will return it. Give me your opinion guys I just really think Brazil is a bad idea.

Post Message:
Okay look this is an opinion I'm sorry that I said this would be racist or not it's because maybe I migrated to the United States? Well if they make the game in Brazil it was because UBISOFT BRAZIL said "Hey Mr. CEO we decided we should make the game in Brazil." That's bullcrap. But then the people here say China would be a good setting why not. It's just because I think it's not fair that UBISOFT BRAZIL ( = ******bags) would just say "Yo CEO Brazil is the next setting". Just because the got some data to make the game easier to make in Brazil doesn't make any sense! I really like the idea of Ancient China, don't think that I just hate Brazil it's just that it's not really a good place to go. For all the people that's saying I don't know the Renaissance or the Crusade, you are saying something that you don't even know about me. I have played Assassin's Creed 2 and Revelations (watched Assassin's Creed 1 in youtube) and also Assassin's Creedd 3. No hating just simple talking.

TangentialShark
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Not knowing the history of a nation is better as you will be more surprised when an awesome historical event happens in-game. The American Revolution was amazing but through all the battles we already knew who would win.

Rakudaton
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
1) Annoying font.
2) People play this game in more countries than the U.S.A. -- I'm pretty sure Brazilians know a bit about the history of their country, for example.
3) I didn't know the history of the Crusades, Renaissance, or indeed the American Revolution. I love this series BECAUSE of that. Are you seriously against actually learning something?
4) It's sad that you think you have to declare that you're not racist. It's not racism to dislike a setting.
5) I have failed my new year's resolution to be less judgmental.

PrimalDeactivate
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
1) Annoying font.
2) People play this game in more countries than the U.S.A. -- I'm pretty sure Brazilians know a bit about the history of their country, for example.
3) I didn't know the history of the Crusades, Renaissance, or indeed the American Revolution. I love this series BECAUSE of that. Are you seriously against actually learning something?
4) It's sad that you think you have to declare that you're not racist. It's not racism to dislike a setting.
5) I have failed my new year's resolution to be less judgmental.

I'm sorry but it's probably just going to be bad. But we will not know before the game is released.

Sushiglutton
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
It's a fairly loose rumor, so wouldn't worry that much. Also if it is the next chapter in the saga (as that online article suggested) it would likely be AC3.5 (aka starring Connor), not AC4 (with a new assassin). I think Brazil with the amzon rainforest would be awesome, but noone else here like it (I think) :D! Isn't it more fun to learn the history of some place you don't know that much about?

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
But we will not know before the game is released.
Why then do this whole thread ? You just answered yourself..

TrueAssassin77
01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
To randomly declare you aren't racist on a completely unrelated topic...

Smallivlle3223
01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree with you 100% i think that if the creators of Assassin's creed did this setting they would lose not only myself as a fan who has played the games since day 1 but also a lot of other people I think that the game should be set in ancient china. There are some fan made concept art images that have appeared on the internet of what AC4 could look like if set in Ancient China and if it is done the way these images look it would by far be the best Assassin's creed game yet.

TrueAssassin77
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Brazil is a better setting than america...... but you had no problem with that

Smallivlle3223
01-06-2013, 11:05 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/this-is-how-assassins-creed-4-will-look-if-it-is-set-in-china

SaintPerkele
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
t's because mostly, in America I think 99.9% of the population doesn't know the history of Brazil. [/FONT]
First of all, the majority of the fanbase is NOT American. Secondly, I think educated Americans (and all other educated persons) should know a decent bit of Brazilian history - unless your whole history knowledge consists of some stuff you learned early in school (which wouldn't surprise me at all, if I had to take a guess, you are definitely not old enough for the age restriction of the AC franchise). Thirdly, I doubt that you know much about the Third Crusade or the Renaissance; so you've probably just started playing the AC franchise (since you are only talking about the history Americans know about); also, stop being so ignorant when it comes to things you don't know much about. And finally, an AC set in Brazil is not confirmed whatsoever, just speculation.

Please stop confirming the bad image of Americans that many people outside of the States have.

EDIT: Ah hell, should've read Rakudaton's post.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM
I agree with you 100% i think that if the creators of Assassin's creed did this setting they would lose not only myself as a fan who has played the games since day 1 but also a lot of other people I think that the game should be set in ancient china. There are some fan made concept art images that have appeared on the internet of what AC4 could look like if set in Ancient China and if it is done the way these images look it would by far be the best Assassin's creed game yet.
"Mommy, Mommy..those guys making my games didn't listen and give me what I wanted. they suck I`m not buying their games"

Ghost IIII
01-07-2013, 01:16 AM
http://gamingbolt.com/this-is-how-assassins-creed-4-will-look-if-it-is-set-in-china

That is some amazing artwork :D

Asia would be fun as the next location in series.I would love the next assassin's to be a female (maybe Shao Jun)for a change .

DroppedClock56
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
I dont think I want to see another AC game for a while. Patch the hell out of AC3 will be the best option. If they have to make another AC I hope it will have the same ac3 multiplayer disk. Brazil would kind of be cool running around the rainforest for example, but Assassins Creed is about very important, WELL KNOWN PARTS OF HISTORY. What else would Connor do (if he would be in the next game?) I don't want to see a new assassin character either. I say just give the series a break on games.

PrimalDeactivate
01-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the people that really know what I'm talking about.

Black_Widow9
01-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Hello,
We don't quite know where another game may be set so I would just wait and see what unfolds. If you feel like speculating please use this thread-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609-Beyond-ACIII

Thanks