PDA

View Full Version : Stop taking advantage of our money

Randrewivera
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok, Ubisoft, you might think less of us PC users, but I paid my 80 dollars for the game and season pass. I have INVESTED in this and you. I understand you have a vague January release date for the already delayed patch, but if your deadline extends into February then that's I start looking into alternative ways to get the rest of the working DLC. Yiu guys obviously dont care if I paid for my product, so I guess I shouldnt either. And i stil cant wait for AC4 and not pay a dime for it. I've never been a pirate, but the frustration of this company's failures and giving you money to favor Console gamers is driving me to the dark side. Call us pirates, but you did this to yourself. Seriously.

Ferrith
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
You felt the need to make such an announcement because...?

What most gamers fail to realise is that game companies -like any other company- have their own agenda and, no matter what their customers say, they will work based on their own priorities. Whether you invested 80 dollars or not is something you should care about, not them. Their goal was to attract you into giving your 80 dollars, and this is already achieved. Threatening you might as well follow the pirates' way because the company didn't keep their own end of the "bargain" is silly. Why you believe they care? The deals they make with other companies, like Microsoft and Sony, is far more profitable to them (this is why consoles seem to be their number one platform of choice) than working hard to deliver promised content to PC gamers before x or y deadline expires.

In case you didn't notice most game companies don't even care for the fan-base of their titles; this is why we often see great titles turn into moronic, stupid games: to accommodate the younger and/or less bright generation of players, so as they keep the money flowing. All they care about is making money. Money and principles do not go together.

Randrewivera
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
What most gamers fail to realise is that game companies -like any other company- have their own agenda and, no matter what their customers say, they will work based on their own priorities. Whether you invested 80 dollars or not is something you should care about, not them. Their goal was to attract you into giving your 80 dollars, and this is already achieved. Threatening you might as well follow the pirates' way because the company didn't keep their own end of the "bargain" is silly. Why you believe they care? The deals they make with other companies, like Microsoft and Sony, is far more profitable to them (this is why consoles seem to be their number one platform of choice) than working hard to deliver promised content to PC gamers before x or y deadline expires.

In case you didn't notice most game companies don't even care for the fan-base of their titles; this is why we often see great titles turn into moronic, stupid games: to accommodate the younger and/or less bright generation of players, so as they keep the money flowing. All they care about is making money. Money and principles do not go together.

Oh, well thank you very much for wording it better than me and proving my point, whether you realized it or not.

superb123
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
seriously they are always failer to stop hackers,cheaters and for that they are blamming every pc users WOW.
its kind a hidden cheat action againsts all PC users and yea they will do it more,becuase they know there is no such LAW which can take action agains thair game industry for doing some kinds of hidden cheat action agains all PC users.

buttfight
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
WTF are you even talking about, dude? Hidden cheat action? What does that even mean?!?! Regardless of whether or not they are in it for the money, I'm pretty sure they would rather not release a crap product. To imply they are releasing badly optimized games on purpose to screw over the PC community is ridiculous. It's people like you who are actually more of a problem than solution. As far as what the OP mentions, thank you for trying to further tarnish the rep of the PC community. Hopefully UBI knows better than to think you represent more than a tiny, minuscule portion of the PC gaming community. Maybe you won't have a problem updating all those future pirated games you are talking about, assuming it's a big enough deal for the pirates to even bother with making an updated crack, otherwise pirating would be somewhat counter productive to the results you are looking for. If you honestly think they hold us PC gamers in such low regard, then why are you adding fuel to the fire? I guess what you have told them is going to be the catalyst to them turning over a new leaf and finally focusing on the PC community(I don't feel neglected, btw), but in my opinion, you're probably making them give even less of a f#$% about us with your BS.

Ferrith
01-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh, well thank you very much for wording it better than me and proving my point, whether you realized it or not.
Actually, the point is that when you buy a game you should be fully aware of how things work and know exactly why and where your money was spent to.

You don't buy a game to reward a company's CEO or their PR staff, for example, but to reward and say Thank you to those people who wrote a good story which the game was based on; those who worked on designing good characters,or, at least, they tried hard to; those who spent hours after hours trying to perfect animations and improve game-play, and so on. There are all the sorts of people tasked with altogether different jobs inside a company. Just because, let's say, the Programming head made an announcement before consulting with his/her team regarding the exact date of a release, you, or anyone for that matter, don't rave mad that your 80 dollars was a waste of time.

If you believe a game company and their titles are bollocks why are you going to spend even ten minutes of your life to download and play a pirated copy of that crap? Move on to the next one.

DisturbedJim83
01-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Well just to add my 2 cents here while i dont agree or support the OP's intended future actions i do feel his/her frustration while i only paid for the standard edition and season pass, nevertheless when i hand over money for a PC game i rightfully expect and to some extent am entitled to a game optimized for the PC platform which would make the 1 month release day wait over the consoles worth it.

Instead what we got is one of the worst PC optimized ports followed by the most none existent useless support in regards to both bugs with the game and with the season pass, which still have not been fixed for many, having played AC3 through at least 4 times its clear no quality control was done, but then again should we be supprised? Word is that Ubisoft Kiev was responsible for the PC port and when it comes to PC games that work they have a worse Rep than EA,Bioware and Bethesda combined in all honesty they need to do a worldwide recall, go back to the drawing board and spend at least another year in deveopment and use a different studio as this isnt the first time Ubisoft's PC users have had to tolerate the incompetence of the Kiev studio.

Ferrith
01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Well just to add my 2 cents here while i dont agree or support the OP's intended future actions i do feel his/her frustration while i only paid for the standard edition and season pass, nevertheless when i hand over money for a PC game i rightfully expect and to some extent am entitled to a game optimized for the PC platform which would make the 1 month release day wait over the consoles worth it.
I couldn't agree more, but let's face the facts: after buying and playing all AC series, are you still under the impression that Ubisoft intents to offer sufficient support and solve PC users' game problems? I am not. All the help I get whenever I have a problem comes mostly by other players. Months before the release of AC III Mr. Hutchinson had the nerve to admit that they [Ubisoft] will not go out of their way to customise the game for PC, and he suggested that players should fare better by adjusting and using an xbox controller or a gamepad instead.

Certainly! After twenty-five years of playing games on PC using keyboard and mouse I will start using a controller just because Mr Hutchinson said so. Or, better, because Mr Hutchinson doesn't give a penny to work a little more and do the necessary adjustments for PC users.

What do you understand by the above? Do they care or are they even slightly interested in PC gamers? Most definitely not. However, when I bought the game I knew what to expect, or not to, if I want to be precise, and I wish more gamers were more aware of how game companies work these days: they would be mad with game reviewers for not paying enough attention to their creations, but wouldn't sweat over their customers' problems or negative opinions of their products.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18690-ubisoft-dedicated-to-assassins-creed-iii-pc-support-as-long-as-you-have-a-controller/

ShardofTruth
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I played every AC game using mouse and keyboard and never had a problem with it, the biggest gripe (due to porting the control sheme 1:1) I encountered to this day is the crafting/trade menu of ACIII. This thing is a travesty and should've never been green lit.

I also think that the original AC was the only game of the series that can actually be seen as a good port, the rest is kind of acceptable. The AC games were also quite polished until Revelations came along, which felt kind of unfinished but otherwise was completely playable.
Because of this it was okay that Ubisoft's support was never really good, fast or was rarly delivering satisfying answers, but it all falls appart with ACIII. A game this riddled with bugs and other problems should have been supported much better and much faster than it is done now. I never expected the game to have so many problem otherwise I would have waited half a year or longer, that's why I can completely understand Randrewivera.