PDA

View Full Version : More games with Connor?

RobotNixon
01-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Connor may not be the swashbuckling debonair that Ezio was, but I thought he was an excellent addition to the lore of Assassin's Creed. However, I was dissatisfied with the lack of closure in his story, however it might lead to more titles featuring him as the Protagonist. Ubisoft seemed to hint there might yet be more to Connor's story at the end when Juno said he would go on to accomplish more tasks. I personally would like to seem in more AC games for three reasons:

1. More exciting points of history are yet to occur in his prospective lifetime. Louisiana Purchase and the Westward expansion of the U.S., the French Revolution (and the Napoleonic wars) War of 1812, as well as the many revolutions which were taking place in South America in the early 19th century will occur in the next two decades following the end of ACIII.

2. The combat system and the naval warfare gameplay were absolutely fantastic. The developers will have even more opportunities to explore and refine these features in another game.

3. As I said earlier, I want more closure on Connor. We have seen how the lives of the previous two protagonists in the series played out to the end, and I would like to the same for Connor. ACIII ends before he even reaches the age of 30 so much of his career as an Assassin is still in front of him. Even if Connor is not a playable character in the next title, I would still like to know the rest of his story.

Any thoughts?

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Agreed.

FirestarLuva
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Agreed with what you said. I found Connor's story in AC3, though amazing, was a bit short, but then again we only followed him until he was 25/26, so it's not surprising. Even if it's by another game or movie I'd like to see the rest of his life.

dxsxhxcx
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
since in AC3 we had something new and started playing as his father IMO in his next (and IMO final) game we should finish the game playing as his son/daughter... :)

SixKeys
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't really care either way. I didn't mind Connor's character, so I wouldn't mind playing as him again. I just want the next game, whoever the protagonist, to be more polished and tighter than AC3. Less fluff, more story.

Cephsus
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Dont see much point storywise playing as Connor again, i mean the only thing you needed from him was the key. And we got it, and with that Desmond is gone. Juno is free, & the flare has struck Earth.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Dont see much point storywise playing as Connor again, i mean the only thing you needed from him was the key. And we got it, and with that Desmond is gone. Juno is free, & the flare has struck Earth.
Sometimes I feel no one pays attention to the god damm game...

IronEagl3
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Sometimes I feel no one pays attention to the god damm game...

By that you mean that someone is going to enter the animus and relive an ancestor's memory to find out how to defeat Juno? If not, what do you think? :) haha

Assassin_M
01-07-2013, 01:14 AM
By that you mean that someone is going to enter the animus and relive an ancestor's memory to find out how to defeat Juno? If not, what do you think? :) haha
Not that. read his post. "Dont see much point storywise playing as Connor again" Seriously ?

"the flare has struck Earth." Yeah.....Yeah

blackhound2013
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I know I'd love another game with Connor. I like how he was establishing himself and how Ubisoft conveyed more emotions within the cutscene it made me more attached to Connor in the same way I was attached to Ezio. I also really enjoyed the homestead missions because there was a continuity within them and it help establish how Connor interacts with people. On a side note I found that my favorite Assassins so far are Ezio and Connor. The only reason I don't like Altair so much is because I felt since it was the first game his background and interacts weren't established as well as Ezio or even Connor. I mean you see how they've improved to a pointed in Revelations but you never get to experience those bonds and interacts with Altair other than that he's a really cool character.

Cephsus
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Not that. read his post. "Dont see much point storywise playing as Connor again" Seriously ?

"the flare has struck Earth." Yeah.....Yeah

What am i missing? The flare did hit earth, and that "shield" isnt going to do much if we are to belive the tales of Minerva and Juno. Granted its not going to be a total wipe.

And what can we gain from playing as Connor again when we have already uncovered the mystery of Desmond linage (juno's release?). Maybe i missed some hidden clues i tend to do that, so do enlighten me. Oh wait i get it, Connor finds out how to kill Juno!. What a twist!.

RobotNixon
01-07-2013, 02:14 AM

That was actually a possibility I was thinking of. If Juno can attain her freedom by leaving messages in the memories of ancestors, then other precursors could have left instructions on how to defeat her in other memories of the past. This could even include memory sequences from the first civilization. Honestly though, I don't care how long they milk this series out as long as they're creating quality games with good story writing.

DroppedClock56
01-07-2013, 02:28 AM

I want Desmond to wake up from his coma, and I want to play as desmond thought the game. And for MP I want the characters rosters to be selected from the main characters. (Ezio, Altair,Connor,Haytham, Nikolai Orlov, Aquilus, and Avaline. Just and idea but hey, I think that would be a good climax for the series.

RobotNixon
01-07-2013, 02:31 AM
I definitely like Connor better than Altair. Very relatable, plus I find him more intellectually involved in the battle between the Assassins and Templars than either previous character. Altair was motivated out of duty, Ezio by revenge; but Connor is motivated by ideology and principle. Because of this, we got a lot more insight at the contrasting ideologues of the Templars and Assassins, and this was something I had been longing to see for a while in this series.

Toa TAK
01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm itching for another Connor installment. Maybe not a trilogy, but I know he's got it in him for at least another game.

Sushiglutton
01-07-2013, 03:14 AM
I agree, I would like to know a bit more about Connor and like some thread suggested he is entitled to a bit of happiness! Having the same protagonists and a similar setting may also give Ubi a chance to focus on gameplay (yes I am obsessed with this franchise getting fixed ;) ).

TrueAssassin77
01-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Connor needs a conclusive end.

poptartz20
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
but Connor is motivated by ideology and principle. Because of this, we got a lot more insight at the contrasting ideologues of the Templars and Assassins, and this was something I had been longing to see for a while in this series.

Ahh! I can't agree more! This is something that I simply loved about AC3!

I as well would like to see another game with Connor I feel that compared with Altair (Ezio doesn't count, for the fact that he had 3 games) got the shortest end of the stick when it comes to a self story (also considering Haytham was 1/4th of the game). I feel that there was more growth to his character that could be explored. Especially when it came to homestead missions.

I just don't want an Ezio effect with 3 games. I feel 2 games would fully round out Connor as a whole. Focusing on other historical events for the time. If there was a third game maybe it could focus on Haytham? I know he is a big character alot of people would like to see more of... may taking the Forsaken route in terms of story line?

CockneyCharmer
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Connor's story is not finished yet....I would enjoy playing as Connor more, you really see Connor evolve as a character and Assassin, in the same way you see Ezio change in AC2. As above, Connor gives us a new insight into the Assassin's Templar War, one not explored in previous games...the lines have blurred leading into Connor's timeline, and through Connor we can learn what happened to the Assassin Order whereby the templars are so dominant, and what follows

Connor needs to have his story rounded off....and with us not knowing what will happen next in modern day, so much room to explore Connor's life some more