PDA

View Full Version : every AC fan owe it to them selves to check this out

nitres15
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
i´ve never wanted an AC game in china since it has been done a thousand times before, but man check out these fan art pictures

i found these pics through gameinformer http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/05/assassin-39-s-creed-fan-art-makes-me-hope-the-next-entry-goes-to-china.aspx

here´s the dudes page thing

http://chaoyuanxu.deviantart.com/gallery/

i dunno about you, but im officially converted

Jay_2750
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I do not think assassins in China really go to be honest. :P Good fan art though.

DavidPage
01-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually it would work as hell! A century after the Revolution is the Civil War in America and the decline of the Samurai in Japan (and not in China as the article says, as the concept art looks like a Samurai with his Katana swords and stuff)... So we could have a story kinda like "The Last Samurai" where a soldier from the Civil War goes to Japan for some reason (maybe like in the movie, train Japanese soldiers with firearms, or he's in a self imposed exile or whatever) and he finds redemption through training and learning the ways of the Samurai (a way of thinking similar to the Kanienkehaka in III)... So then we have new weapons (Katana, those spiky balls - can't remember the name -, japanese variations of staves and pistols etc), we have new armor (the different Samurai outfits), we have tree running (the forests in Japan are stunning), epic parkour cities ( the majority of the houses are low enough), we have many large scale battles ( between the Empire and the Samurai - so we again have an ambiguous story) and Bob's your Uncle!

DavidPage
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
And all that can be explained with the story that Samurai are actually the Assassins and the Empire are the Templars! Also we aren't going back in time but advancing!

Dejan507
01-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh god I hope not..everywhere but China or Japan

SkiesSeven
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I had a dream that the next AC will take place in China. Although I'm no advocate for the setting. I'm neutral about China. I actually think it makes perfect sense from a technical standpoint, because an AC in China would mean new-looking structures integrated with forests. If you think about it, there's no way the next AC will be set somewhere that DOESN'T allow for the same tree-climbing mechanic that was introduced in AC3. We already know they're going to use the same engine as AC3.

theboy9
01-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Actually it would work as hell! A century after the Revolution is the Civil War in America and the decline of the Samurai in Japan (and not in China as the article says, as the concept art looks like a Samurai with his Katana swords and stuff)... So we could have a story kinda like "The Last Samurai" where a soldier from the Civil War goes to Japan for some reason (maybe like in the movie, train Japanese soldiers with firearms, or he's in a self imposed exile or whatever) and he finds redemption through training and learning the ways of the Samurai (a way of thinking similar to the Kanienkehaka in III)... So then we have new weapons (Katana, those spiky balls - can't remember the name -, japanese variations of staves and pistols etc), we have new armor (the different Samurai outfits), we have tree running (the forests in Japan are stunning), epic parkour cities ( the majority of the houses are low enough), we have many large scale battles ( between the Empire and the Samurai - so we again have an ambiguous story) and Bob's your Uncle!

why so modern.... why not go back some centuries , and make it about ninja...with like a sensei.. like achillies was... in a way.. !! but modern ? no... cooler with stuff from old china... with like kung fu warrior! some days before i read this... i was thinking of a sandbox game with ninjas , but great idea.. and the movie was awesome

ze_topazio
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
i´ve never wanted an AC game in china since it has been done a thousand times before

Yeah, i'm so tired of AC games in China.

Ancient Attero
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
I do not think assassins in China really go to be honest. :P Good fan art though.

It would be like a story of a ninja who lives in Ninjatown.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
China is starting to sound and look better and better

Sushiglutton
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Those are super pretty, sure China could be awesom! Ubi have proven again and again that they are great when it comes to chosing and designing settings. All games have been beautiful and atmospheric. So I'm not really that worried about the setting. I trust Ubi fully in this area.

Scystab
01-06-2013, 10:50 PM
amazing fan artwork!
I'm not a fan of the idea of AC happening in China, but I gotta say, if the next setting would be there, i wouldn't settle for nothing less then the proposed artwork

montagemik
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Don't care how my opinion is viewed , So here goes ...........

Ever since i was hooked by Altair & the whole history aspect of AC - I've wanted / expected the series SHOULD at some point be set around the far east - Assassin's belong there in my opinion .
Virtually everything the Assassin can do - was already previously done in the old Tenchu games - poison / smoke / swordplay / assassinations / climbing ,free running / body looting / hiding victims bodies.

So a game set in the far east Can offer everything needed for an AC game - including rich history , political struggle for power .
AC-B Assassins tomb under villa Auditore just teased by showing a Chinese/ japanese assassin - but still we never got to go to these eastern brothers at any stage.
Personally i think China / Japan would be one if not the most beautiful AC settings so far .
Where are some of the modern day world's most advanced technological breakthroughs achieved - Japan . So why is Abstergo based in Italy ??
Where are some of the world's most effective assassination techniques in history originated - China / Japan ........But still Ubisoft avoid it like the plague.

The whole "it's been overused in other media" arguement is a kop out & lame excuse in my opinion . If the story is good enough setting shouldn't diminish it in any way.
I Find it utterly ridiculous a game based on Assassin's completely avoids Japan/china.
I thought 'the last samurai' time period would be well suited - (even more so now moving forward through history) A perfect opportunity for the Templars to begin manipulating that countries rebellion / change from fuedal control to economic & political control through valuable trade routes , rather than control through brute force & killing .

So for me , The assassin saga is missing an important part of history that desrves to be included as more than just a nod in AC Embers .
We've still yet to see the significance of those Japanese glyphs/ icons left by clay at the end of AC 1 -
MT fuji , considered a sacred place - & japan land of rising sun .......both played no part in the 12-21-12 Solar apocalypse scenario = wasted opportunity if you ask me .

The far east has everything needed for a great AC game - & only limited imagination leads people to think it has to be NINJA TOWN scenario .
The protagonist could be from anywhere - Ezio was italian - but happily ran around constantinople . The brotherhood , like the templars are supposed to be global.

Jarek23
01-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I've wanted an AC game set in China or Japan since the first one, they've got such a rich history and the architecture is incredible. The possibilities are massive.

F0RTY SEVIN
01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm all for China. But Ubisoft Montreal would actually HAVE to focus on stealth for the setting to feel right.

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Why do you all keep saying China???? The concept art is Japanese for Christ's sake!!! China is ultra boring in front of Japan! No offence intended to anyone who may be Chinese here on the forums, and China may be the place where most of the technology came (pre 18th century), but Japan is so much more elegant and especially the Samurai culture is way beyond even today'sway of thinking! They were content, smart and proud people! Kinda like how we see the Kanienkehaka, only more advanced! And someone said that it's too modern. Well chronologically it may be, but technologically it's pretty much like the Revolution era. Only difference is that the guns are faster. But not more mobile, so no worries for the game becoming GTA's Creed.

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Don't care how my opinion is viewed , So here goes ...........

Ever since i was hooked by Altair & the whole history aspect of AC - I've wanted / expected the series SHOULD at some point be set around the far east - Assassin's belong there in my opinion .
Virtually everything the Assassin can do - was already previously done in the old Tenchu games - poison / smoke / swordplay / assassinations / climbing ,free running / body looting / hiding victims bodies.

So a game set in the far east Can offer everything needed for an AC game - including rich history , political struggle for power .
AC-B Assassins tomb under villa Auditore just teased by showing a Chinese/ japanese assassin - but still we never got to go to these eastern brothers at any stage.
Personally i think China / Japan would be one if not the most beautiful AC settings so far .
Where are some of the modern day world's most advanced technological breakthroughs achieved - Japan . So why is Abstergo based in Italy ??
Where are some of the world's most effective assassination techniques in history originated - China / Japan ........But still Ubisoft avoid it like the plague.

The whole "it's been overused in other media" arguement is a kop out & lame excuse in my opinion . If the story is good enough setting shouldn't diminish it in any way.
I Find it utterly ridiculous a game based on Assassin's completely avoids Japan/china.
I thought 'the last samurai' time period would be well suited - (even more so now moving forward through history) A perfect opportunity for the Templars to begin manipulating that countries rebellion / change from fuedal control to economic & political control through valuable trade routes , rather than control through brute force & killing .

So for me , The assassin saga is missing an important part of history that desrves to be included as more than just a nod in AC Embers .
We've still yet to see the significance of those Japanese glyphs/ icons left by clay at the end of AC 1 -
MT fuji , considered a sacred place - & japan land of rising sun .......both played no part in the 12-21-12 Solar apocalypse scenario = wasted opportunity if you ask me .

The far east has everything needed for a great AC game - & only limited imagination leads people to think it has to be NINJA TOWN scenario .
The protagonist could be from anywhere - Ezio was italian - but happily ran around constantinople . The brotherhood , like the templars are supposed to be global.

Thumbs Up man...

slade109
01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Oh god I hope not..everywhere but China or Japan
This

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
I don't know how it would work, but I'd imagine the design settings and artwork in the game will look amazing if they choose to do it in China.

ze_topazio
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Why do you all keep saying China???? The concept art is Japanese for Christ's sake!!! China is ultra boring in front of Japan! No offence intended to anyone who may be Chinese here on the forums, and China may be the place where most of the technology came (pre 18th century), but Japan is so much more elegant and especially the Samurai culture is way beyond even today'sway of thinking! They were content, smart and proud people! Kinda like how we see the Kanienkehaka, only more advanced! And someone said that it's too modern. Well chronologically it may be, but technologically it's pretty much like the Revolution era. Only difference is that the guns are faster. But not more mobile, so no worries for the game becoming GTA's Creed.

No, that concept art is clearly Chinese, don't go around claiming one culture is superior to the other if you can't even distiguish them.

BK-110
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Why do you all keep saying China???? The concept art is Japanese for Christ's sake!!!

You don't know a lot about Japan, do you? Those images are of China. The building style was quite similar, but look at the Assassin. His clothing, his weapons, that's definitely not Japanese.

I personally wouldn't mind either setting and I really think an AC game set in either would be something very unique. Both settings might have been used before, but not in a game like AC, with such historical accuracy.

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
You don't know a lot about Japan, do you? Those images are of China. The building style was quite similar, but look at the Assassin. His clothing, his weapons, that's definitely not Japanese.

I personally wouldn't mind either setting and I really think an AC game set in either would be something very unique. Both settings might have been used before, but not in a game like AC, with such historical accuracy.

Actually I know more about Japan than you... It's Japan, proved by the forest concept art. No forest in China looks like that. Also the Assassin doesn't come near Chinese culture, especially the weapons - Katana... This also goes to the post before you.

Sushiglutton
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Actually I know more about Japan than you... It's Japan, proved by the forest concept art. No forest in China looks like that. Also the Assassin doesn't come near Chinese culture, especially the weapons - Katana... This also goes to the post before you.

Here is the artist's own description (http://chaoyuanxu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4ywnl2):

So, what if the assassin's tale happened in the ancient empire of China, where only power and conspiracy ruled? He was cornered by the enemies. But there's no fear within his heart as he danced with his blades, spitting the enemies' blood.

So yeah it's China.

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm talking about the GameInformer ones, which are from another user on DevArt... The ones from the user the OP provides are Chinese I accept that, but the GI ones I've seen before and they were in another set of concept art images and there were some forest drawings and it was all Japanese. Sorry for any misunderstanding guys.

Sushiglutton
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm talking about the GameInformer ones, which are from another user on DevArt... The ones from the user the OP provides are Chinese I accept that, but the GI ones I've seen before and they were in another set of concept art images and there was some forest drawings and it all was Japanese. Sorry for any misunderstanding guys.

Not sure which ones you mean? GI posted the Chinese ones (same artist as I linked) http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/05/assassin-39-s-creed-fan-art-makes-me-hope-the-next-entry-goes-to-china.aspx . Or is there another article (link?)?

No big deal either way. It's easy to confuse China and Japan :) (I had no clue myself before asking google).

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Not sure which ones you mean? GI posted the Chinese ones (same artist as I linked) http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/05/assassin-39-s-creed-fan-art-makes-me-hope-the-next-entry-goes-to-china.aspx . Or is there another article (link?)?

No big deal either way. It's easy to confuse China and Japan :) (I had no clue myself before asking google).

Well by GI ones I mean the one with the guy sitting on a building, and the one where he's overlooking a village/city. Those two were in another article with a link to a DevArt user who had ten more with similar concept art plus two or three more with forests. And yes they were all Japanese. Now I really don't know why GI posted those two with the Chinese ones but...

ze_topazio
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM
You mean these?

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/fanstuff/acfanart_610.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/fanstuff/acfanart_610aaaa.jpg

And this?

http://chaoyuanxu.deviantart.com/art/Recalling-325218392?q=gallery%3Achaoyuanxu%2F33682293&qo=8

Megas_Doux
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
China is starting to sound and look better and better

This!!!!!!!!

At first I said no to the idea, but its has grown on me......

xboxauditore
01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm all for Assassins Creed in China, Ubisoft will find a way to distinguish it from all the other games set in China.

Plus we might run into Shao Jun.

GustyX
01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
It will be the Heaven itself!!!!! An AC in China!!!! Wow, would be the greatest AC game ever!!! :)

ktyoung
01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
China? Hmm....I'll bite, PURELY out of curiosity, though.

CalgaryJay
01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Ya, I have to admit I'm slowly warming up to ancient China as a destination as well. I've been rallying against it for awhile, pretty much solely because that setting has been done to death in video games in the past (Dynasty Warriors, etc..). But the more I think of it, that was mostly from the PS2 & earlier era, which makes me more open to a game going back there. WWII seems to be the big overdone one at the moment, so basically AC devs just promise me you'll never visit WWII.

It wouldn't be my most desired setting, but just picturing all that ancient Chinese mysticism in a stealth AC game, I have to admit it totally fits. The Warring States period would fit very well. I'm still holding out hope for an ancient Greek / Near East type setting though.

DavidPage
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
You mean these?

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/fanstuff/acfanart_610.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/fanstuff/acfanart_610aaaa.jpg

And this?

http://chaoyuanxu.deviantart.com/art/Recalling-325218392?q=gallery%3Achaoyuanxu%2F33682293&qo=8

Not all, some of them, but yes these are the ones I was talking about. Now don't they look more Japanese than Chinese? (If they are actually Chinese then I don't know, they really look like Japanese to me... Whatever...) Either way, I think Japan would be better for Assassin's Creed.

zMrFahrenheit
01-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Ubisoft said that Feudal Japan is unlikely to be in the future AC games.

Assasseffect
01-08-2013, 02:31 AM
A game following Shao Jun was not so secretly hinted at in AC: Embers. A game following her before, during, and after Embers would be great! We'd even get to see Ezio one more time.

ToughGuy31
01-08-2013, 02:41 AM
And everyone keeps brushing me off for wanting a Asian AC. :confused:

poptartz20
01-08-2013, 05:36 AM
I'm a little skeptical about it taking place in China, not totally against the idea though. I feel rather neutral about it. I trust that with the setting Ubi will not disappoint but if handled well enough I think it could played off very well. I would rather see something else though. : / I would like to see Europe over China first.

Assassin_M
01-08-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm a little skeptical about it taking place in China, not totally against the idea though. I feel rather neutral about it. I trust that with the setting Ubi will not disappoint but if handled well enough I think it could played off very well. I would rather see something else though. : / I would like to see Europe over China first.
We`v already seen Europe..

rileypoole1234
01-08-2013, 05:41 AM
I would like to see Europe over China first.

-_______________-

montagemik
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
These may not be as Pretty - But i've always liked these pics since i stumbled across them .
Japanese AC deserves at least 1 game in my opinion . Gotta be more fun than running across a battlefield killing nobody :rolleyes: or just ordering firing lines to shoot at the enemy - Even if overused as Ubisoft claims.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/ACJAPAN_zps36564648.jpg

SkiesSeven
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry but there are loads and loads of Japanese action games. Ubisoft are right about that.

I am totally against the Feudal Japan setting, but China is a whole different story. So little is known about Chinese history.

Megas_Doux
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
China during the fall of the empire and the beginning of the Republic in early 20 century could work.......

ProletariatPleb
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Posted exactly this last year, nobody cared.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674043-Random-concept-art-or-something-more

Zrvan
01-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Just so long as there's more AC, and the game is well designed, I couldn't care less where the setting is. After Ezio, I was willing to float Ubisoft a great deal of trust. That's broken with Connor -- but I remain optimistic. Ubisoft has proved in the past that they listen to fans very carefully when designing sequels. I am confident my voice will be heard.

What I dropped into this topic to say is that I think it is particularly laudable that Ubisoft has, for the most part, gone out of their way to buck the marketing trend of modern games, who believe that in order to sell games they need some idealized version of a white soldier-savior with a very specific military but still ruggedly handsome look to sell their game. AC protagonists have been Syrian, Florentine, and Mohawk, all emphatically not-white. A Chinese main protagonist would be dead cool, too, I think, in keeping with the trend.

Also, I know almost nothing about Chinese history, and one of the cool parts of AC for me was watching history come to life before my eyes and have an effect on the game, rather than just being words on a page.

LightRey
01-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Still no, but nice try.