PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Eye solution... (AC3 Spoilers!)

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
So awhile back someone told me that when Desmond touches the Eye, his DNA matches with the calculations that would somehow stop the Solar Flare from causing damage. In ACR William mentioned that one in a million people have enough TWCB genes to be considered special and are able to properly wield an Eden device. Desmond was one of those people who was lucky enough to have enough TWCB genes to control his Eagle vision and control the apple. Now I'm supposing that because Desmond has a special DNA, he is able to activate the Eye where others may not be able to. Then why does Juno touch the Eye? Again it makes sense that Desmond is a physical entity who has a physical touch and compared to Minerva and Juno, he is able to physically communicate with the Eye... Then why during the credit, Juno touches the Eye and nothing seems to happen to her? By now she must be awake, yet we still see a hologram and Juno touches the Eye with dead Desmond in front of her.

What does it all mean?

infamous_ezio
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
The eye is not the device.. the eye is the divination device used to see into the future...

dewgel
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Also, as difficult as it is to explain, I THINK Juno was just a holograph of her real self still at that point. I'm sure they were communicating via the Nexus style thing, through their subconscious or something like that.

CkSwtos
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree with Infamous_Ezio. Also I don't think that even if Juno fully awakens, will have a physical form. I mean, she's been dead for millenias, her body could not be preserved or even be remade.

POP1Fan
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
She might have not been a true body and the device could have been rendered useless after Desmond touched it anyway...

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Also, as difficult as it is to explain, I THINK Juno was just a holograph of her real self still at that point. I'm sure they were communicating via the Nexus style thing, through their subconscious or something like that.

That is very possible because when we first activated the final door, there was nothing ahead of us and then a pedestal showed up in the center and the background faded into black. But does that mean Desmond is trapped in the nexus?

montagemik
01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree with Infamous_Ezio. Also I don't think that even if Juno fully awakens, will have a physical form. I mean, she's been dead for millenias, her body could not be preserved or even be remade.

Sean found some 1st Civ FOOD still preserved somewhere in the Temple - There's no reason to believe 1st Civ technology hadn't mastered cryogenics or some kind of stasis - Juno's body could easily be still viable .
Also subject 16 (Clay) in AC-R considered sharing Desmond's body / merging his digital consciousness with desmond's to escape the Animus island - but decided against it . Again , nothing to suggest Juno or the 1st Civ tech couldn't make this possible too.

Or juno just outright takes control of anyone she chooses.
( i personally believe it was Juno who took control of Daniel Cross during his final meet with Desmond & prevented him from killing Desmond)

pablo2977
01-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I think the device is the thing she talked about how they could enter the device (like a bomb shelter)easily enough but to leave it required something WRONG (like killing someone to release them)