PDA

View Full Version : What happened with AC3???

name531
01-06-2013, 06:49 AM
G'day,

I've been a huge fan of the series and have loved all the previous titles, until i picked up AC3.

I've almost found it un-playable for a number of reasons, such as- countless, boring, un-related cutscenes is one of the things i hate about this game. It seems like all i do is start a mission, watch a cutscene. Walk to mission start, stare at loading screen, watch cutscene. Lather, rinse, repeat.

-The missions (so far) are hideously repetetive. Eg. Hide in this bush, assassinate one guard, walk to objective, press 'O' to interact, escape the area, mission done.

-Can't handle the new combat system Eg. enemy attacks,press O then Square for a kill. Repeat sequence to defeat as many enemies as needed. It's boring, repetitive and takes no skill.

-What was with the introduction to the game at the beginning?? It was the most boring first hour of gameplay i've ever experienced. Walk through a dark ship, cutscene. Walk to marker- cutscene. Can't believe i wasted good weed on that.

-What is with the eavesdrop barrier?? What was wrong with the old method of getting close, undetected?

-Horses. Are. r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d!! In this game. i find it near impossible to ride the brainless beasts.

-I've encountered more glitches in this game then i can count. People disappear before your eyes, horses hovering/flying and not being able to mount them so i end up in the middle of no where with no horse. And the most recent glitch- every time i enter a fight, the sound seems to malfunction and it almost goes to max volume. Like speakers blaring.

-Controlling the players feels so clumsy now. Altair and Ezio felt agile and stealthy. These guys feel like i'm steering a brick while it's free running.

The game generally feels like i'm being prompted to do everything Eg. When you finish a mission and watch the cutscene, you get dropped right in front of your next mission start.

I couldn't get into other games like Unchartered and Skyrim, due to stupid cutscenes and un-engaging, repetitive gameplay. I just hope the game gives a nod to it's roots before i get to the end, cause if you guys have ruined the AC games for me, imma be so pissed.

Cheers.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Yeah they ruined it...game doesn't get any better, it sucks...

Also...feedback thread

Jexx21
01-06-2013, 07:03 AM
i ate it

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 07:04 AM
i ate it
It has glitches..

SPIT IT OUT YOU FOOL

Jexx21
01-06-2013, 07:06 AM
it tasted good.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 07:07 AM
it tasted good.
o_0

Fetish ?

Sushiglutton
01-06-2013, 10:13 AM
This was a good summary of many of the games issues. The hideous mission design being the prime one. Like you I found the campaign to be simply boring. It's like the developers were too self-centered and wanted to tell this amazing story, that they forgot about the little guy in the sofa who also wanted to participate :).

Horses are indeed really bad, which is ok since they have this cool freerunning system to use instead. Someone at Ubi didn't get this memmo though, so you are forced to ride a horse in pretty much every mission in the frontier.

They release one game per year. Therefor there is no margin to delay a game if they need to fix bugs etc. So they rather release it in a broken state instead. If I was a developer working on this game it would make me really sad.

When it comes to combat I would recomend experimenting some more. There are a few moves you can do and you can mix in most of your tools. It's not a great system, but it's less repetetive than you say. Also there are some guards for which O+[] won't work. So you need to know how to deal with each one to keep the flow going. I also don't agree that Connor feels more clumsy to control. It's the opposite for me actually.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
this was a good summary of many of the games issues. The hideous mission design being the prime one.like you i found the campaign to be simply boring. It's like the developers were too self-centered and wanted to tell this amazing story, that they forgot about the little guy in the sofa who also wanted to participate :).

horses are indeed really bad, which is ok since they have this cool freerunning system to use instead. Someone at ubi didn't get this memmo though, so you are forced to ride a horse in pretty much every mission in the frontier.

They release one game per year. Therefor there is no margin to delay a game if they need to fix bugs etc. So they rather release it in a broken state instead. If i was a developer working on this game it would make me really sad.

When it comes to combat i would recomend experimenting some more. There are a few moves you can do and you can mix in most of your tools. It's not a great system, but it's less repetetive than you say. Also there are some guards for which o+[] won't work. So you need to know how to deal with each one to keep the flow going. I also don't agree that connor feels more clumsy to control. It's the opposite for me actually.

lol

name531
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
With the other games in the series, i've quite often found myself playing until the early hours of the morning, simply because i couldn't put it down. With this game however, it's more of a chore than anything. I would rather do the dishes as opposed to sitting and watching 50% cutscenes (where half the time the people's mouths don't move when they talk).

It just doesn't feel like an assassins creed game. Soooo shallow, predictable storyline, BORING. Someone farked up.

ACfan443
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Like you I found the campaign to be simply boring. It's like the developers were too self-centered and wanted to tell this amazing story, that they forgot about the little guy in the sofa who also wanted to participate :).

Hahaha, well put.

burtie80
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Two steps forward one back my friend. Thats how I felt with Ac3

MT4K
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM

So overall.... They gained 1 step forward. That doesn't sound so bad.

Better than no steps forward or even a step back overall.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
That`s......good

JumpInTheFire13
01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
o_0

Fetish ?
I've never laughed so hard at a post before