PDA

View Full Version : How to kill / attack civilians and domestic animals

Free_Hidings
01-06-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was slightly saddened at the inability to directly attack civilians in AC3. In the past I enjoyed throwing them around / poisoning them / testing out new weapons without raising notoriety etc. And sometimes they get in my way and deserve to be punished.

Well yesterday I figured out how to kill civilians. All you need to do is enter the lock on mode (L1) and when you are aiming at a civilian they will be highlighted and you can attack. You can only assassinate (1 hit kill) so still no boxing matches but it's pretty fun nonetheless. There is still the 3 person kill limit (includes animals) but it is good for if you want to vent some rage. It's also fun to point guns at civilians, they actually respond to it and cower in fear / run while others will comment saying things like "don't be an *******" (more or less) and then when you point the gun at them instead they **** themselves (not literally)

As in previous games a nice loophole to the whole 3 kill limit is the fact that as with guards, when you assassinate civilians with your bare fists, it doesn't count as a kill, meaning you can knock out as many as you want. From the ground I haven't been able to hit any moves other than the stealthy choke (really wish I could clothesline) but you can also leap off the tallest buildings, land on them and break their back while blood spurts out and you still won't be in any trouble :D GOOD TIMES!

You can also put down animals this way, though I feel bad doing so (I still struggle with my morals when hunting, feelsbadman) but you can't do this without penalty.

This might already be common knowledge for some but it has taken me multiple playthroughs and many many hours before coming upon this, so in case others did not know, that's how you attack civilians

(No psycho)

AlphaChaos
01-06-2013, 02:40 AM
LOL, thanks free for the info! Gonna try this out :3.

AssassinYago
01-06-2013, 05:23 AM
It's impossible kill children in AC3 (I'm bad LOL), I put a bomb and when a children put her/him feet in it, explode, but the children suddenly turns invisible, and when the explosion ends, they back to normal. Sorry for any misspelling ;) english it's not my native language.

Free_Hidings
01-06-2013, 05:41 AM
It's impossible kill children in AC3 (I'm bad LOL), I put a bomb and when a children put her/him feet in it, explode, but the children suddenly turns invisible, and when the explosion ends, they back to normal. Sorry for any misspelling ;) english it's not my native language.

I spent too long trying to get this to work hahahaha!! Trip mines are hilarious, I was being stalked by a wolf and put one down and stood behind it, the wolf suddenly pounced, got bombed and did a backflip lol!

MT4K
01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm shocked there's still people who didn't know this. All it tells me is that anybody who didn't know this doesn't actually play around on a game to actually see what they can or can't do.... It's not rocket science to try the "precision aim" button....

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/umZS4.jpg

ACfan443
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Somebody already made a thread about this, and it was littered with sarcastic replies. I'm sure most people know how to kill civilians.

cmrggamer
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Alright, I'm probably going to sound stupid, but what is this clothesline thing? I've seen it mentioned before but I don't know what it's referencing. Is there a kill animation with the clothesline or something?

montagemik
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM

No it isn't impossible - But ubisoft don't want that information to be known . ( they deny it & delete any evidence )

Free_Hidings
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Lol so many haters in here.

The clothesline thing is the running assassination with your firsts. He just fully smashes them over then keeps running. Love it.

Anyway up untill now I have been playing the story and exploring the environment, I haven''t had time to try to work out hidden mechanics... No need to be a smartass

TrueAssassin77
01-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm shocked there's still people who didn't know this. All it tells me is that anybody who didn't know this doesn't actually play around on a game to actually see what they can or can't do.... It's not rocket science to try the "precision aim" button....

^^^

cmrggamer
01-07-2013, 02:16 AM
The clothesline thing is the running assassination with your firsts. He just fully smashes them over then keeps running. Love it.

Oooh, thank you for explaining that. I had to go try it after you wrote that. It's fun when you can get two down before the rest start to realize lol. Connor's animations are really quite awesome :)

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 03:32 AM
Oooh, thank you for explaining that. I had to go try it after you wrote that. It's fun when you can get two down before the rest start to realize lol. Connor's animations are really quite awesome :)

No worries! Yeah the animations and combat are definately one (of many) of the highlights for me... Unarmed combat is amazing but so are all the other weapons. I like that Haytham has different sword animations too, makes him a bit more unique. Feels so strange going back to the older games now!

cmrggamer
01-07-2013, 04:21 AM
No worries! Yeah the animations and combat are definately one (of many) of the highlights for me... Unarmed combat is amazing but so are all the other weapons. I like that Haytham has different sword animations too, makes him a bit more unique. Feels so strange going back to the older games now!

That's true, Haytham has his fancy sword moves. Connor looks kind of awkward with swords, since his combat is so up close and personal, haha.
I think they took a good step with the combat, but like you said, it feels so strange to go back to the old games. I just finished my replay of AC2 yesterday so when I went to AC3 today I was so confused why I was leaving the fight when I wast trying to counter lol.

Aphex_Tim
01-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I was so confused why I was leaving the fight when I wast trying to counter lol.

Works opposite as well.
I just started a playthrough of the entire series and constantly forgot to block and kept trying to counter attack by pressing circle.
Took me a while to figure it out again. :p

MT4K
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol so many haters in here.

Anyway up untill now I have been playing the story and exploring the environment, I haven''t had time to try to work out hidden mechanics... No need to be a smartass

Hardly a "hidden mechanic" to be honest... It takes like 2 seconds to press the precision aim button and aim at a civilian in front of you and see if they highlight.... The past games never told you how to kill civilians either. I guess those were "hidden mechanics" as well.

But whatever. It's not like it matters anyway since killing civilians is pretty much useless anyway.

Free_Hidings
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Hardly a "hidden mechanic" to be honest... It takes like 2 seconds to press the precision aim button and aim at a civilian in front of you and see if they highlight.... The past games never told you how to kill civilians either. I guess those were "hidden mechanics" as well.

But whatever. It's not like it matters anyway since killing civilians is pretty much useless anyway.

In the past games you could attack civilians without highlighting them. In AC3, you can mash attack all you want but he will just spin his axe or whatever, thus indicating that they are un attackable. It takes further effort and investigation to discover how to kill them.

It is indeed useless but still fun.

RockWarrior11
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
or you can just turn on the Animus Hack, 'always assassinate', huh? I don't know how that works, never used it.

MT4K
01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
In the past games you could attack civilians without highlighting them. In AC3, you can mash attack all you want but he will just spin his axe or whatever, thus indicating that they are un attackable. It takes further effort and investigation to discover how to kill them.

It is indeed useless but still fun.

I suppose one use for it would be the arrow looting exploit. That's about it though :p.

or you can just turn on the Animus Hack, 'always assassinate', huh? I don't know how that works, never used it.

I think that just means you can insta kill everybody during combat regardless of archetype. Don't think it would make you able to kill civilians without the precision aim button.

Free_Hidings
01-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I tried this and love it lol! But don't speak of it too much or it will be patched out!

MT4K
01-09-2013, 12:02 AM
I'll just add. You know what is a true novelty? The ability to ban people who think it's clever to walk a fine line....

Just a heads up to certain people who may be thinking about being clever in the future....

montagemik
01-09-2013, 01:25 AM
I tried this and love it lol! But don't speak of it too much or it will be patched out!

I only do what the game permits .

AssassinYago
01-12-2013, 05:23 AM
I spent too long trying to get this to work hahahaha!! Trip mines are hilarious, I was being stalked by a wolf and put one down and stood behind it, the wolf suddenly pounced, got bombed and did a backflip lol!

LOL, I was curious to know what happen with a children bombed so I tried, It's strange O.o

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 12:07 PM
I like how you put "no psycho" at the end of your post.

http://memeorigenes.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lol.png

AjinkyaParuleka
01-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Hanging them from a tree or a similiar object is fun.