PDA

View Full Version : Siege Guide

LimaSierra10
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Since a lot of people don't know how to play siege or are intimidated by the fact that you only get one life I thought I would make a guide. The purpose of this guide is to educate people on how to play siege so there are actually people playing it. If you guys want me to do more guides on other game modes just let me know. Ok let's get down to business.

Siege is my favorite game mode because it forces you to be careful with your life and take things a little slower. That said when you get more experience you can "rush" a lot more. But one thing to remember is that your movement has to have purpose. You cant just attack an enemy head as you will find yourself watching the battle from spectator mode. To dominate this game mode you have to learn how to flank. You need to know which areas of the map are most populated so that you may pick the right flank route.

One thing I can't stress enough is that to be good in this game mode you need to use a suppressor. I know most people wouldn't even notice their buddy right next to them being blown away let alone unsuppressed fire on the radar. But even the most unaware player will notice a stream of fire across the map. As far as equipment goes a ucav isn't the answer to all your problems. Although they do come in handy seeing what's I front of you when moving up. But don't be that guy that immediately whips out his ucav upon spawning. Instead use the emp to disable stun mines, claymores, and sentry guns along key routes and near the objective. This can help you more than just getting a few kills right off or possibly losing it before you can do any damage. When using claymores or stun mines place them near the objective or along major routes NOT YOUR SNIPER NEST!!!! Also if an enemy is stunned don't move in for the hack immediately, a lot of times attempting a hack doesn't pay off as there are a number of enemies who don't want to be detected, instead get to cover overlooking the stunned enemy. After all siege is all about surprise and luring in your enemy. Which brings me to my next topic, know when not to fire. Sometimes it pays to just call out the enemies position and move on.

Defending:
If you are defending you have the element of surprise, use that. Get setup along a major route and ambush the enemy when you have a clear shot. Call out the direction the enemy is deploying from. Whether it be via mic or a mark with the r2 button and a good old "I need support over here". Also don't go looking for the enemy, find an avenue of approach and make sure to watch your back. Then relocate according to the direction of attack.

Attacking:
Ok I know in most cases "lonewolfing" is a bad idea unless your extremely experienced and are good at watching your back, but if you and your squad are clumped together your just asking for it. So I would advise running in groups of two if at all possible, but I know that when playing with randoms it is difficult to be organized. At least if your playing with a friend you can watch each others backs. It is also important to be stealthy. What I mean is that you should stay quiet as long as possible. For instance, if playing on overpass don't go running down the road as you will give your position away. Also stay out of the middle/open areas of the map as snipers are very common in siege. This is where the flanking part comes in. Most of the time you can end a game very quick if you get behind the enemy, plus it makes you look like a total bada**. :)

The Objective:
The objective is a hotbed for clays, stun mines, and sentries so keep an emp handy. Also you have to know when not to try to take the objective. In some situations you might have to kill everyone if they are closely guarding the objective. But if the only enemy left is a sniper who is off on the other side of the map then you should take the objective and not get picked off however make sure they don't have a line of sight to the objective. When defending remember the objective is priority so if your the last one you can just run and hide because the opfor would be more than happy to take the objective without a fight. Oh and remember that in siege the objective is a lot faster to hack so if defending stay close by.

That's all I got, but feel free to add anything you think is important. I hope this helped you guys out.

JustHatched
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
For the most part you have covered the basics.

I will add that when defending whether with a regular team or randoms, someone or a pair should hang back with the objective and noot go hunting, I've seen games lost solely because the defending team went on the offensive and were to far away to protect it. Claymores and such are not certain protection.

MaddenUser
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Since a lot of people don't know how to play siege or are intimidated by the fact that you only get one life I thought I would make a guide. The purpose of this guide is to educate people on how to play siege so there are actually people playing it. If you guys want me to do more guides on other game modes just let me know. Ok let's get down to business.

Siege is my favorite game mode because it forces you to be careful with your life and take things a little slower. That said when you get more experience you can "rush" a lot more. But one thing to remember is that your movement has to have purpose. You cant just attack an enemy head as you will find yourself watching the battle from spectator mode. To dominate this game mode you have to learn how to flank. You need to know which areas of the map are most populated so that you may pick the right flank route.

One thing I can't stress enough is that to be good in this game mode you need to use a suppressor. I know most people wouldn't even notice their buddy right next to them being blown away let alone unsuppressed fire on the radar. But even the most unaware player will notice a stream of fire across the map. As far as equipment goes a ucav isn't the answer to all your problems. Although they do come in handy seeing what's I front of you when moving up. But don't be that guy that immediately whips out his ucav upon spawning. Instead use the emp to disable stun mines, claymores, and sentry guns along key routes and near the objective. This can help you more than just getting a few kills right off or possibly losing it before you can do any damage. When using claymores or stun mines place them near the objective or along major routes NOT YOUR SNIPER NEST!!!! Also if an enemy is stunned don't move in for the hack immediately, a lot of times attempting a hack doesn't pay off as there are a number of enemies who don't want to be detected, instead get to cover overlooking the stunned enemy. After all siege is all about surprise and luring in your enemy. Which brings me to my next topic, know when not to fire. Sometimes it pays to just call out the enemies position and move on.

Defending:
If you are defending you have the element of surprise, use that. Get setup along a major route and ambush the enemy when you have a clear shot. Call out the direction the enemy is deploying from. Whether it be via mic or a mark with the r2 button and a good old "I need support over here". Also don't go looking for the enemy, find an avenue of approach and make sure to watch your back. Then relocate according to the direction of attack.

Attacking:
Ok I know in most cases "lonewolfing" is a bad idea unless your extremely experienced and are good at watching your back, but if you and your squad are clumped together your just asking for it. So I would advise running in groups of two if at all possible, but I know that when playing with randoms it is difficult to be organized. At least if your playing with a friend you can watch each others backs. It is also important to be stealthy. What I mean is that you should stay quiet as long as possible. For instance, if playing on overpass don't go running down the road as you will give your position away. Also stay out of the middle/open areas of the map as snipers are very common in siege. This is where the flanking part comes in. Most of the time you can end a game very quick if you get behind the enemy, plus it makes you look like a total bada**. :)

The Objective:
The objective is a hotbed for clays, stun mines, and sentries so keep an emp handy. Also you have to know when not to try to take the objective. In some situations you might have to kill everyone if they are closely guarding the objective. But if the only enemy left is a sniper who is off on the other side of the map then you should take the objective and not get picked off however make sure they don't have a line of sight to the objective. When defending remember the objective is priority so if your the last one you can just run and hide because the opfor would be more than happy to take the objective without a fight. Oh and remember that in siege the objective is a lot faster to hack so if defending stay close by.

That's all I got, but feel free to add anything you think is important. I hope this helped you guys out.

the field computer is your best friend when attacking.

@Lima: you better just go back to Disney Sing Star

LimaSierra10
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
For the most part you have covered the basics.

I will add that when defending whether with a regular team or randoms, someone or a pair should hang back with the objective and noot go hunting, I've seen games lost solely because the defending team went on the offensive and were to far away to protect it. Claymores and such are not certain protection.

Thanks for the input, but I think I mentioned that somewhere. I dont feel like looking for it though so you will have to take my word.

@MaddenUser: psh my little pony is where it's at

MaddenUser
01-06-2013, 05:19 AM
@MaddenUser: psh my little pony is where it's at

oh no not one of those kids, i hope youre just trolling.

LimaSierra10
01-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Go back to you precious battlefield, I'd say your boyfriend Marty is missing you.