PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV or V ideas: London?

Ted_Dannington
01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Assassin's Creed set in ****ensian London sometime between 1750-1850?. Maybe young Haytham as he was turned? Or his family? Running across rainy moonlit rooftops above the turgid thames in London's criminal Docklands. Climbing Saint Paul's Catherdral to escape the Bow Street Runners: the first prototype professional Police force, created by a writer turned politician. Engaging in hand to hand combat as guns were and are still a rarity in the country. Looting the crypts of Kings for legendary weapons in Westminster Abbey. Exploring the world's first underground train system being built beneath the cobbled streets. Being engulfed in sickly 'Pea Soup' fog that baffles the senses as it clouds the lungs? Setting the fire that destroyed the old Houses of Parliament in 1834? Maybe teaming up with William Wilberforce in his attempts to abolish slavery? Perhaps involving a trip to almost anywhere in the world as part of the British Empire - the colours and spices of India perhaps? Just an idea...

Ted_Dannington
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Haha. Watch your language when you talk about one of the most influential writers of all times, responsible for so many classics from 'Oliver' to 'Great Expectations'. Who is it? Charles ****ens.

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I hope we get a game with Haytham in Londen. 2013 a new Connor game,2014 with haytham.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Assassin's Creed set in ****ensian London sometime between 1750-1850?. Maybe young Haytham as he was turned? Or his family? Running across rainy moonlit rooftops above the turgid thames in London's criminal Docklands. Climbing Saint Paul's Catherdral to escape the Bow Street Runners: the first prototype professional Police force, created by a writer turned politician. Engaging in hand to hand combat as guns were and are still a rarity in the country. Looting the crypts of Kings for legendary weapons in Westminster Abbey. Exploring the world's first underground train system being built beneath the cobbled streets. Being engulfed in sickly 'Pea Soup' fog that baffles the senses as it clouds the lungs? Setting the fire that destroyed the old Houses of Parliament in 1834? Maybe teaming up with William Wilberforce in his attempts to abolish slavery? Perhaps involving a trip to almost anywhere in the world as part of the British Empire - the colours and spices of India perhaps? Just an idea...

YES! I really hope Ubisoft will make a Haytham/London game. Nice ideas (Hint hint Ubisoft :) )

Locopells
01-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Haha. Watch your language when you talk about one of the most influential writers of all times, responsible for so many classics from 'Oliver' to 'Great Expectations'. Who is it? Charles ****ens.

Oliver Twist dude, Oliver! was the musical version...

shobhit7777777
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Yes please.

How about a game set in London and Delhi?

Two cities...one Empire.

There a catchy tagline ^

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes please.

How about a game set in London and Delhi?

Two cities...one Empire.

There a catchy tagline ^
But 2 completly diffirent cultures, it would be very hard to implent both well in one game. I think

shobhit7777777
01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
But 2 completly diffirent cultures, it would be very hard to implent both well in one game. I think

Hey if you're wishing...wish big ;)

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Hey if you're wishing...wish big ;)
Wish team ac3 + team acr + team multiplayer = England-India- some islands for naval parts and some smaller towns.;)

shobhit7777777
01-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Wish team ac3 + team acr + team multiplayer = England-India- some islands for naval parts and some smaller towns.;)

:cool:

Thats more like it ;)

India/England are my favored future AC locations. The former because its just so unique and full of gameplay/narrative possibilities and the latter because A Downey Holmes era London would be absolutely brilliant.

CC1138
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
If they do London, I'd prefer they set it during the Victorian Era than during Haytham's time, and why not have Paris at the same time too during the Belle Époque?

D.I.D.
01-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Your history's a bit mixed up there, those things don't really line up!

I don't want that Christmas card image of London, and would rather see an Elizabethan era story than that. I think it's better if they go for a later period - right at the end of the Victorian era and/or the Edwardian years. It's much more interesting politically, architecturally and socially, plus the possibility of making use of Edward William Barton-Wright's Bartitsu club is too good to miss.

CC1138
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Your history's a bit mixed up there, those things don't really line up!

I don't want that Christmas card image of London, and would rather see an Elizabethan era story than that. I think it's better if they go for a later period - right at the end of the Victorian era and/or the Edwardian years. It's much more interesting politically, architecturally and socially, plus the possibility of making use of Edward William Barton-Wright's Bartitsu club is too good to miss.

Victorian Era lasted from the early 19th century to its end, and La Belle Époque started from the 1870's until WWI so I don't see how they cannot be during the same period.

xboxauditore
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I couldn't care less about Haytham, But a game set in 17-18th century London would be cool.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Soooooooooo many good ideas for London, hopefully Ubi does it in London. I don't see why they wouldn't when they have many era's to choose from and work with.

D.I.D.
01-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Victorian Era lasted from the early 19th century to its end, and La Belle Époque started from the 1870's until WWI so I don't see how they cannot be during the same period.

Why do you think I was replying to you? I was replying to the OP.

Since we're here though, Victorian era was late 1830s, forward: not really early 19th century.

simon.strandber
01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I absolutely hope they set the next assassins creed game in India and I will give my reasons for thinking it's a good idea.
Colonial India was India in the process of change. New meets old, we would get both the industrial culture of the early 20th century AND the classic old India we saw in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom... If they bring it together I'm sure it's going to be an interesting mix. Assassin's Creed works best in settings where the soldiers use close combat methods, not too many firearms. India has a tradition of sword fighting that lived on longer than it did in Europe. That is why I don't want to see an Assassin's Creed in Europe like many suggest, not for this time period. The Assassin's Creed timeline draws closer to present day, limiting the amount of settings available for an assassin to blend in nicely. Unless you want his/her hidden blades and swords replaced by boring firearms. Now, THAT would kill this series.
Concerning weapons, India has at least a few that I think would fit well into an Assassin's Creed game. Of course there is the Talwar sword, the thin curved blade you see in all movies about colonial India, used by both the military and whoever could afford one... Deeply respected weapon, so significant that if the groom felt ill before his wedding, he could send his Talwar as a substitute and the ceremony would be carried out without him. Sounds like something Bartolomeo d'Alviano would do. :)
Then there is also the Pata gauntlet sword... Search google for pictures of this one, people, and there should no longer be any doubt wether or not you want Ubisoft to include one in the next game. Though not very common, it DOES look like something made for Assassin's Creed. It's a sword that basically acts as an extention of your arm. It is a blade connected to a gauntlet. (obviously, the gauntlet sword has two parts; the gauntlet, and the sword...) Now, I think that Ubisoft may have even used this one as inspiration for their renaissance hidden blade, at least one well preserved gauntlet sword looks very much like what Ezio wore... But either way, I would love to see this in an Assassin's Creed game.
Now, I'm going to rant some more about the time period and why I find it so fitting. If they were to make an Assassin's Creed in Colonial India, when would that be? At the end of India being an english colony of course. And what marked the end of it and the start of an independent India? Mahatma Ghandi's anti-violence campaign of course. And what happened to Mahatma Ghandi? He was assassinated. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want our character to kill Ghandi, but wouldn't it be great if the templars did that? As revenge? Whatever happens at the end of the game, THAT would be an awesome thing to put in the storyline. Having our protagonist befriend Ghandi and getting the anti-violence method as a contrast to the traditional slaughter. It would bring more depth tho the story and to bring in the ideas of such a wise man as Ghandi would make it even more interesting.
Now as a few final words, I would absolutely love to climb hidden jungle ruins like the ones you see in The Jungle Book (not the animated one) and to not only fight animals like wolves and bears, but panthers and tigers as well... plus all the other animals in the jungle. Imagine riding an elephant instead of a horse... crushing everything in your way. Now, THAT is something very few game-makers have done.
Which brings me to the intended end... I want Ubisoft to make this because it has never before been done. The fact that so many suggest WW2 is laughable, how many times has that been done? I think that Ubisoft has proven through all earlier Assassin's Creed games that they are not afraid to explore new things and dust off events in history that has not been told to the gaming community before. And I think they have done well so far. :)

AjinkyaParuleka
01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Indian British Raj could be fine setting you know,its again British colonies and wars(interesting wars).Although he won't be able to get India freedom it still would be a nice setting hope they select French or Indian setting.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
I absolutely hope they set the next assassins creed game in India and I will give my reasons for thinking it's a good idea.
Colonial India was India in the process of change. New meets old, we would get both the industrial culture of the early 20th century AND the classic old India we saw in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom... If they bring it together I'm sure it's going to be an interesting mix. Assassin's Creed works best in settings where the soldiers use close combat methods, not too many firearms. India has a tradition of sword fighting that lived on longer than it did in Europe. That is why I don't want to see an Assassin's Creed in Europe like many suggest, not for this time period. The Assassin's Creed timeline draws closer to present day, limiting the amount of settings available for an assassin to blend in nicely. Unless you want his/her hidden blades and swords replaced by boring firearms. Now, THAT would kill this series.
Concerning weapons, India has at least a few that I think would fit well into an Assassin's Creed game. Of course there is the Talwar sword, the thin curved blade you see in all movies about colonial India, used by both the military and whoever could afford one... Deeply respected weapon, so significant that if the groom felt ill before his wedding, he could send his Talwar as a substitute and the ceremony would be carried out without him. Sounds like something Bartolomeo d'Alviano would do. :)
Then there is also the Pata gauntlet sword... Search google for pictures of this one, people, and there should no longer be any doubt wether or not you want Ubisoft to include one in the next game. Though not very common, it DOES look like something made for Assassin's Creed. It's a sword that basically acts as an extention of your arm. It is a blade connected to a gauntlet. (obviously, the gauntlet sword has two parts; the gauntlet, and the sword...) Now, I think that Ubisoft may have even used this one as inspiration for their renaissance hidden blade, at least one well preserved gauntlet sword looks very much like what Ezio wore... But either way, I would love to see this in an Assassin's Creed game.
Now, I'm going to rant some more about the time period and why I find it so fitting. If they were to make an Assassin's Creed in Colonial India, when would that be? At the end of India being an english colony of course. And what marked the end of it and the start of an independent India? Mahatma Ghandi's anti-violence campaign of course. And what happened to Mahatma Ghandi? He was assassinated. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want our character to kill Ghandi, but wouldn't it be great if the templars did that? As revenge? Whatever happens at the end of the game, THAT would be an awesome thing to put in the storyline. Having our protagonist befriend Ghandi and getting the anti-violence method as a contrast to the traditional slaughter. It would bring more depth tho the story and to bring in the ideas of such a wise man as Ghandi would make it even more interesting.
Now as a few final words, I would absolutely love to climb hidden jungle ruins like the ones you see in The Jungle Book (not the animated one) and to not only fight animals like wolves and bears, but panthers and tigers as well... plus all the other animals in the jungle. Imagine riding an elephant instead of a horse... crushing everything in your way. Now, THAT is something very few game-makers have done.
Which brings me to the intended end... I want Ubisoft to make this because it has never before been done. The fact that so many suggest WW2 is laughable, how many times has that been done? I think that Ubisoft has proven through all earlier Assassin's Creed games that they are not afraid to explore new things and dust off events in history that has not been told to the gaming community before. And I think they have done well so far. :)
Templars did killed Mahatma Gandhi,not for revenge but the sole knowledge that he possessed an apple of eden by which he gained so much religious support.No good goes unpunished it seems...

dbuddy101
01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd rather have it a little later, from 1850 to 1900 rather. Earlier london isn't what interests me, I want to see the boom of industry, where you will see factories. I feel in 1750, it was still the colonial era.

Mardarkin
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I can't think of a setting I'd rather explore and whose rooftops I'd rather run. I think the Covent Garden section of AC3 was beautifully done, and that kind of ornate structure of the theatre befits the Creed series best. As long as Ubisoft keeps the scaling conducive to free-running, I think the grimdark of London would make the perfect backdrop to a story of espionage and assassination.

CC1138
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Why do you think I was replying to you? I was replying to the OP.

Since we're here though, Victorian era was late 1830s, forward: not really early 19th century.

Oh, my bad, sorry.

dbuddy101
01-09-2013, 02:32 AM
So if an AC is in Victorian London, what would the plot be about? Would it be more about the industry? Maybe the outbreak of Cholera being a templar conspiracy?

JumpInTheFire13
01-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Of course there is the Talwar sword, the thin curved blade you see in all movies about colonial India, used by both the military and whoever could afford one... Deeply respected weapon, so significant that if the groom felt ill before his wedding, he could send his Talwar as a substitute and the ceremony would be carried out without him. Sounds like something Bartolomeo d'Alviano would do. :)

This is your first post and you're already making me laugh. Welcome to the forums :)

Personally I'd love to see a game in England with a Brotherhood-ish sequel in India

Redskin1982
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
i assume you mean Victorian London? i agree. we start as connor in the late 1700s,he moves to england as the Napoleonic war breaks out (cue loads of naval battles). during which we see connor marry and have children,and maybe grandchildren,who he trains. the game then becomes mostly about them but switches back to him occasionally. then the victorian era begins,his children grow up,jack the ripper,great fire of london,the crimean war,travelling all over the empire. the modern day would be set all over the world,free-running the favelas in brazil,uncovering a tomb under the cristo redentor.scaling the shard and the eye in modern london,then to egypt and the pyramids i'd also like a more direct hand in the assassin recruit training,going with them on missions and such. this would be a huge next-gen game that i'd happily wait a few years to see. then number 5 around world war 1

pacmanate
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
London would be awesome. Not because I am from the UK... I actually had the English accent, the posh one, the Victorian one. But purely for Architectural reasons it would be awesome. However I do feel that it would be really condensed, the streets would be really narrow etc.

RinoTheBouncer
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
How about a game in the times of the First Civilization or in Babylon maybe or times of the Ancient Sumerians? those people are like so related to the ancient astronauts theories which are a lot like TWCB theory. wouldn't this be just flawless? let's experience the pre-Altair era of the Assassins. I'd love to play as Iltani on a major console game (not a PS Vita or any handheld or mini sub console).

Redskin1982
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
my bad. great fire was 1666. *******

Redskin1982
01-09-2013, 03:56 PM
you could explore haythams backstory in a similar way to the christina missions with ezio. have connor find clues to isolated memories