PDA

View Full Version : Need help on campaign first one, i'm a little confused on a mission.

RobertTopham
01-05-2013, 03:34 AM
The merchant king in first assassins creed I thought was having a war with saladin, but when you kill merchant king altair says "if you do not serve saladins cause then who's."

I was thinking they were having a war, so they weren't? i'm confused, because In a previous mission the master says "king richard emboldned by his victory at acair prepares to move south towards jerusalm, saladin is surley aware of this so he gathers his men before the broken citadel of arsuf" altair then says, "would you have me kill them both then before there war begins."

This lead me to believe they were having a war I dont know.

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
It`s the Crusades, mate...This particular one is the third. I cannot say anymore, because it`d be spoilers..

History for the win..;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_crusade

RobertTopham
01-05-2013, 04:03 AM
hmm, but what im saying is i thought merchant king and saladin were going to have a war was that what i was supposed to be thinking or they werent and I am just not thinking right lol

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 04:06 AM
hmm, but what im saying is i thought they were going to have a war was that what i was supposed to be thinking or they werent and I am just not thinking right lol
They ARE having a war. Richard just won Acre during the events of the game and Salah-al-din was preparing for a counter attack at Arsuf. Aboulnoqoud; however, was not supporting Salah-al-din as was believed by the Assassins, but someone else...and again I cannot say anymore because of spoilers..

DroppedClock56
01-05-2013, 04:10 AM
SPOILER

They are having war with crusades, but both sala adins men and some of richard's are not just crusaders....they are another group who work together to rule!

RobertTopham
01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
im thinking lol told you i was confused lol wait a second i think i thought richard was Aboulnoqoud the merchant king they are two different people omg hopefuly you keep an eye on this thread i may need your help a few more times in coming days

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 04:33 AM
im thinking lol told you i was confused lol wait a second i think i thought the merchant king was Aboulnoqoud and not richard they are two different people omg hopefuly you keep an eye on this thread i may need your help a few more times
Everyone will try to answer you i`m sure. do not worry:D

The Merchant King is Abolnoqoud. Richard is the king of England and the commander of the Crusader Army. Salah-al-din is the Sultan of the Ayyubid Caliphate and commander of a coalition of Muslim Armies from Egypt, Syria and Sicily..

RobertTopham
01-05-2013, 04:52 AM
wow lol i was thinking Abolnoqoud was Richard and Abolnoqoud was the one directly having a war with saladin and not Richard lol thats why i cant make any sense im understanding alot more now

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 04:55 AM
wow lol i was thinking Abolnoqoud was Richard and Abolnoqoud was the one directly having a war with saladin and not Richard lol thats why i cant make any sense
That page I linked you about the third crusade in the post above is pretty helpful.

You may even find familiar names in there;)

RobertTopham
01-05-2013, 05:08 AM
I think it will help me:)

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 05:09 AM
I think it will help me:)
Good luck:D

RobertTopham
01-10-2013, 02:56 AM
In ac1 at the end altair was talking to king richard about Robert de Sable and others who were part of templar order and then in short he fought de sable won and said may peace be with you to king richard why would he say that isn't king richard trying to invade jerusalim the holy land? Then he left to go fight al muahlim and got the treasure from him, so that means that king richard never fully went to war with saladin right in ac1

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 02:59 AM
In ac1 at the end altair was talking to king richard about Robert de Sable and others who were part of templar order and then in short he fought de sable won and said may peace be with you to king richard why would he say that isn't king richard trying to invade jerusalim the holy land? Then he left to go fight al muahlim and got the treasure from him, so that means that king richard never fully went to war with saladin right in ac1
What do you mean ? What`s wrong with Altair saying peace be upon you to Richard ? and how does that mean that He and Salah-al-din never went to war in AC I ?

RobertTopham
01-10-2013, 03:17 AM
isnt richard trying to have a war with saladin to reconquer the holy land which aliar was trying to prevent? Becasue altair just left to al muahlim to get the peice of eden after talking to richard and all richard got was acre right they never fully went to war and richard never fully got jerusalm.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 03:21 AM
isnt richard trying to have a war with saladin to reconquer the holy land which aliar was trying to prevent? Becasue altair just left to al muahlim to get the peice of eden after talking to richard and all richard got was acre right they never fully went to war and richard never fully got jerusalm.
You need to read History or watch a documentary about the Crusades. All of this is true, but the war had already started by now. Altair was not trying to prevent it, he was trying to end it. The Crusades started so much earlier. The Battle of Arsuf was already deep into the Conflict. Altair does not care about who gets Jerusalem. He was not a Saracen, but an Assassin. All he cared for was an end for the war and Acre was not the only city Richard captured..

RobertTopham
01-10-2013, 03:39 AM
"Altair does not care about who gets Jerusalem" ok that makes sense as to why he would say peace to king richard yeah i need to but if i do that are there spoilers

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 03:41 AM
"Altair does not care about who gets Jerusalem" ok that makes sense as to why he would say peace to king richard yeah i need to but if i do that are there spoilers
You`re at the end of the game. No spoilers if you watch a nice documentary about the Crusades at this point;)

ToughGuy31
01-10-2013, 03:43 AM
The merchant king in first assassins creed I thought was having a war with saladin, but when you kill merchant king altair says "if you do not serve saladins cause then who's."

I was thinking they were having a war, so they weren't? i'm confused, because In a previous mission the master says "king richard emboldned by his victory at acair prepares to move south towards jerusalm, saladin is surley aware of this so he gathers his men before the broken citadel of arsuf" altair then says, "would you have me kill them both then before there war begins."

This lead me to believe they were having a war I dont know.
Well, it's only the beginning of the story, so just play.

RobertTopham
01-10-2013, 03:57 AM
ive got to fully understand lol

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 03:51 AM
did the templars have an army

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 03:53 AM
did the templars have an army
They were a part of the Crusader army during the game`s timeline 1191. So Yeah they kinda had an Army...better you read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

Then this
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templars

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:07 AM
we did not see them in game though i beleive

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 04:07 AM
we did not see them in game though i beleive
We kinda see some of them during the final battle with Robert...

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:10 AM
the one where he talks to the king richard at the end they are templars and king richard didnt know that im sure this is correct

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 04:11 AM
the one where he talks to the king richard at the end they are templars and king richard didnt know that im sure this is correct
Of course Richard knew they were Templars. They were a part of his army. Now read the links I gave you. You`ll understand better

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Not to mention the beginning of the game when an enormous Templar army shows up at the assassins' doorstep...

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Not to mention the beginning of the game when an enormous Templar army shows up at the assassins' doorstep...
How did I forget that ?? xD

More Importantly....How did you, OP ??:p

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:15 AM
that battle with robert towards the end where he won that was king richard who he talked to before the fight right i thought templars were secret or richard just didnt know what they were planning

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:16 AM
i knew they were

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:18 AM
i knew they were templars

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 04:27 AM
that battle with robert towards the end where he won that was king richard who he talked to before the fight right i thought templars were secret or richard just didnt know what they were planning
Templars became Secret after 1312 when they were disgraced and branded Heretics by the King of France and the Pope. They were mostly burned on stakes. Their at the time Grand Master sent 9 of his most loyal men around the world to make sure the Order survives after his death.

Now PLEASE read the links I gave you. All your questions will be answered if you read those links

RobertTopham
01-18-2013, 04:40 AM
but king richard did not know what the templars were planning they wanted to block him from providing aid once they went to take control over of the Holy Land so richards army wasnt for him

i will check them out.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
but king richard did not know what the templars were planning they wanted to block him from providing aid once they went to take control over of the Holy Land so richards army wasnt for him

i will check them out.
Yes That`s the thing. Richard knew of the Templar Order and they were "acting" as a part of his army, but in truth they had other plans and did not care for the Crusader army in general