PDA

View Full Version : New York is actually pretty great

TrueAssassin77
01-05-2013, 01:36 AM
The only thing it suffered from is under-use and Horrible mission design. HORRIBLE. every mission in NY took you to an area of NY you can't even revisit. Really bad management of such a great city

Megas_Doux
01-05-2013, 01:39 AM
I feel the same way as you!!!!!!

A personal favorite of mine, but underused!!!! Hope that changes with The tyranny of King Washington though, mostly considering the fact it was the first USA´s capital...

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 01:39 AM
I love its Colors....

Definitely different. although Boston has a similar feel, NY managed to stand out just fine..

PandaPuff86
01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Honestly I thought that I was going to spend more time in NY. Born and raised in NY myself, I was looking forward to a lot of missions but yeah it didn't turn out the way I thought it was going to be. Does anyone else find it amusing that when you read the Assassination Contract about "New York Carpenter", you thought that the destroyed area of the city could be fixed by now? lol.

AdrianJacek
01-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah, it looked great, didn't it? :P
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215183243/assassinscreed/images/d/dd/AC3_Modern_New_York.png

Jexx21
01-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Serious Spider-Man vibes there.

IronEagl3
01-05-2013, 08:56 AM
New York sort of gave me a bad first impression. The first district I remember seeing was the burned down houses, and also all THE GOD**** SIDE QUESTS!!! I was in heaven but at the same time in hell because of how overwhelmed I was lol. For me when I see all those side quests, it's like a clean freak finding dog **** all over the house. So much to do and complete, and I think a lot of people by now know that I'm a completionist.

Amazing feeling knowing that I could do all those side quests, including collectibles, but also overwhelming. Plus, we reached a sort of dark side to the game at that point. Things started to turn around and we all knew nothing good was going to happen.

ACfan443
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121215183243/assassinscreed/images/d/dd/AC3_Modern_New_York.png

When I saw it I wanted to explore it so bad, it looked amazing.

kuled2012
01-05-2013, 11:38 AM
I just don't like the rooftops in this game, they put me off from climbing the buildings.

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope such a cities will be fully exploreable in future ac games.

YuurHeen
01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I hope such a cities will be fully exploreable in future ac games.

Climbing the empire state building assassins creed style will probably take about as long as playing throught ac3.

CC1138
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I didn't dislike any AC III cities in particular but I felt that Boston and NY were too similar. You didn't have that variety AC I & II were offering although now you have that rich environment which is the Frontier that, as a countryside, I prefer to San Gimignano, Forli and the Kingdom in AC I.

Sushiglutton
01-05-2013, 04:41 PM
It was fine. But I think the resources spent on NY could have been better spent on other areas of the game. Especially since NY wasn't used that well in the campaign. So basically it was just about doing the same exact sidemissions that were in Boston.

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Climbing the empire state building assassins creed style will probably take about as long as playing throught ac3.
If you aren't forced to do it there is no problem and you could go with a helicoptor to the top and do a leap of faith then.

AdrianJacek
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
It was fine. But I think the resources spent on NY could have been better spent on other areas of the game. Especially since NY wasn't used that well in the campaign. So basically it was just about doing the same exact sidemissions that were in Boston.

Liberation missions were all different in New York. You know - helping sick people, helping starving children, KILLING DOGS...

Sushiglutton
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Liberation missions were all different in New York. You know - helping sick people, helping starving children, KILLING DOGS...

This is true, but they are a pretty minor thing to me. Building a virtual city like this must take a massive amount of work and costs a lot in both time and money. I just think if they had spent those resources on gameplay instead, we would have had a much better overall game.