PDA

View Full Version : STARTLING DISCOVERY found at the end of AC3 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
So look at this picture... This is Desmond seconds after he falls.

http://i.imgur.com/bP1mK.png

Then, in sequence, this is during credits and Juno is going to come towards Desmond and say that now it's her turn to play her part....

http://i.imgur.com/iQerJ.png

Notice anything amiss between the two pictures?

No seriously, see anything weird between the two?

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

Look at Desmond's leg and the globe device respective to it and you'll see that between Desmond and the orb, somebody has changed Desmond's position!!!!!

He is also farther away from the globe....

DISCUSS AWAY FOLKS

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
It could just be a design inconsistency, AC always had problems with continuity.
Or you could be right and someone has actually moved him, I'm not sure at this point .

EDIT: wait, it just looks like the camera's zoomed in more in the second picture, he looks to be in the same position

EDIT2: he has actually changed position, but I still blame it on inconsistencies :p

POP1Fan
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
This might end up like the Arkham City theories that Joker is still alive since Batman had the cure in the other hand after the explosion... I think it's just an inconsistency, but with Assassin's Creed, you never know.

montagemik
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Perhaps ..........just a guess , The pedestal rotates - like back to the OFF position if you like - ie It was in the ON position while Desmond touched it & while Juno was being held within the tech.

Once she's freed - It rotates around the ORB to the off position.
As for Distance changes - i'm pretty sure that's just the camera perspective changing . (optical illusion so to speak)

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
No it doesn't... See the two bars? They go towards the left, wrap around the left side and then you see that position in the first picture. He's shifted around a 100 degrees away from that part. Inconsistency can also play a part but this is rendered in the game, meaning the developers made it in real time. Not a cinematic....

EDIT: The bars go around the right (not left) and with that third pic down there, it seems like Desmond has completely changed where he was like a horizontal flip.

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
This might end up like the Arkham City theories that Joker is still alive since Batman had the cure in the other hand after the explosion... I think it's just an inconsistency, but with Assassin's Creed, you never know.

True... But yeah this is Ubisoft.

I like how we are all just saying it's Ubisoft; like they are highly unpredictable :p

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B2XWO.png

Here is another position to see around the area...

DELTA Kristian
Yea on the first pics there arent 2 thingies going out from the globe `s structure, in the second there are 2 ... well i will upload a photo.if i can... i cant seem to find the option to from my PC.

DELTA Kristian
http://i.imgur.com/B2XWO.png

Here is another position to see around the area...

Yea thats what i meant in my previous comment the two thingies on the right side

Comment:Yea on the first pics there arent 2 thingies going out from the globe `s structure, in the second there are 2 ... well i will upload a photo.if i can... i cant seem to find the option to from my PC.

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Yea thats what i meant in my previous comment the two thingies on the right side

Comment:Yea on the first pics there arent 2 thingies going out from the globe `s structure, in the second there are 2 ... well i will upload a photo.if i can... i cant seem to find the option to from my PC.

Use imgur.com
Easiest way to upload pics without signing up.

lothario-da-be
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Nice find. I hope Desmond is still alive but i don't want more games with him.

POP1Fan
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Looking at the third pic posted, it seems that the right place for Desmond to be after the fall is in the first picture.
I think the whole ending was captured separatley from the credits scene, causing the inconsistency.

lothario-da-be
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Looking at the third pic posted, it seems that the right place for Desmond to be after the fall is in the first picture.
I think the whole ending was captured separatley from the credits scene, causing the inconsistency.
Probably, but its ubi remember their are sometimes creative with the modern day story (Lucy)

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Plus how do we not know if his friends came over and tried to check in on him. We still don't know how much time elapsed between Desmond falling and Juno arriving...

i WiLL aM
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
It could just be a design inconsistency
That's my guess.

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
That's my guess.

We must go deeper!

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
We must go deeper!

That's what she said...

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 10:54 PM
That's what she said...

Just so you know, while I was looking frame-by-frame of the ending, I found out that Minerva wears shorts and a sleeveless shirt :p No joke!

And dude.... that was an inception reference

Sushiglutton
01-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Whether or not it means something (I'm pretty sure it doesn't), it was good of you to find it TC :D!

ElvisMasur
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
That's hardly a big discovery. They probably moved it there for technical reasons. If he had moved himself on his own, don't you think Juno would have noticed?

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
That's hardly a big discovery. They probably moved it there for technical reasons. If he had moved himself on his own, don't you think Juno would have noticed?

http://i.imgur.com/g6f56.png

Way to ruin the mood. Please tell me what technical reasons would force the developers to move Desmond other than to confuse us. This isn't some low-budget game...

naran6142
01-05-2013, 12:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/g6f56.png

Way to ruin the mood. Please tell me what technical reasons would force the developers to move Desmond other than to confuse us. This isn't some low-budget game...

well to be fair the move isn't that noticeable, i still dont see it :p

imo its a mistake kinda like when altair is wearing black robes in the that reflection

SixKeys
01-05-2013, 01:13 AM
This reminds me of the "discovery" at the end of ACB when some people claimed there was no blood pooling around Lucy in the final shot, so she must be alive. It's just another inconsistency.

GoldyTart
01-05-2013, 02:00 AM
While I have to agree that AC does have alot of inconsistency, i can't see how they couldn't have noticed that.... This is a cinematic, recorded by people to act out the scene, and then they are reconstructed into the game world. I don't see how they missed that while constructing the scene...

iArfal
01-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I am unable to spot a significant difference between the two screenshots. You guys are just desperately seeking clues and hints about future installements of AC. I bet the next won't even mention this scene.

Jarek23
01-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Slightly off topic but, I know I should have felt sadness during this scene since it's Desmond, but I couldn't help but think to myself, Desmond just got murdered by a F'n disco ball!

I was more sad when Achilies died, which is kinda BS on the developers part because it's Desmond, and that's all we get? Ending had absolutely no emotion.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Slightly off topic but, I know I should have felt sadness during this scene since it's Desmond, but I couldn't help but think to myself, Desmond just got murdered by a F'n disco ball!

I was more sad when Achilies died, which is kinda BS on the developers part because it's Desmond, and that's all we get? Ending had absolutely no emotion.
You`re kinda late..

I am unable to spot a significant difference between the two screenshots. You guys are just desperately seeking clues and hints about future installements of AC. I bet (http://forums.ubi.com/#) the next won't even mention this scene.
You`re kinda blind..

Jarek23
01-06-2013, 06:04 AM
You`re kinda late..
[/COLOR]

Dude, your post count compared to my post count. I'm not on here everyday reading every thread and every single opinion and thought regarding the AC universe. Get off me, lol.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Dude, your post count compared to my post count. I'm not on here everyday reading every thread and every single opinion and thought regarding the AC universe. Get off me, lol.
Still kinda late, though:p

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 07:38 AM
I am unable to spot a significant difference between the two screenshots. You guys are just desperately seeking clues and hints about future installements of AC. I bet the next won't even mention this scene.

We are not desperate. We (well I) have alot of time at hand and AC is a good place to flesh out conspiracy theories. Plus, like M said, you'd have to be blind to not notice that difference. Let me make it easier for you to understand the significance....

Look at the disco ball. Good. Now look at the solid thing wrapped around that glowy ball. Now when you look at the first screenshot, you'll see that the solid thingy is covering the right side of the disco ball and Desmond's leg is facing towards it. Now look at the second screenshot and you'll see the disco ball but instead of the solid thingy being on the right side, it is on the left side and is now two bars instead of one. It is still facing Desmond's leg. When you look at my third screenshot down below, it seems like Desmond is at the opposite side of the ball when compared between the first two screenshot. That is significant in my opinion.

Still kinda late, though:p

M, I'd like to hear your views on the subject...

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 07:56 AM
M, I'd like to hear your views on the subject...
Good job on spotting the difference, it`s definitely worth noting...that`s first.

Second, I really don't think it has any significance...It`s happened before with other inconsistencies and it turned out were looking too much into it, but I`ll assume that this scene may indeed mean something, what might it be ? Eye changes position, Desmond further back.....

Ancient Attero
01-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry if someone has already said this, but its a theory i've been thinking about since the end of AC3.

What if Desmond is not dead but his consciousnesses was uploaded in the same way Juno was? I remember her talking about how they experimented with uploading their minds to a digital form in the temple walls. What if the mirror reflection is the visual clue that Desmond has entered this digital realm, while Juno is now in the physical realm?

Just a theory. Does explain why the pedestal is flipped.

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry if someone has already said this, but its a theory i've been thinking about since the end of AC3.

What if Desmond is not dead but his consciousnesses was uploaded in the same way Juno was? I remember her talking about how they experimented with uploading their minds to a digital form in the temple walls. What if the mirror reflection is the visual clue that Desmond has entered this digital realm, while Juno is now in the physical realm?

Just a theory. Does explain why the pedestal is flipped.

At first I was like "hey dude I already mentioned this in an unpopular post I made a while back" and then when I read the second part what you said weirdly makes sense. Thumbs Up about the visual cue because Dezzy is on the opposite side of the pedestal which could act like a reflection.

MT4K
01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
It's just ubisoft trolling you. They know how people look for the smallest things to speculate on so they did this on purpose and are laughing and giggling at the office.

Or it could have some significance... I don't think so though.

dewgel
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I think things like this are the reason people were so disappointed with AC3's ending etc..

By that, I mean people get their hopes up too much. Everyone is expecting every little detail to be a hidden mystery or secret message to the next. When actually, it's just a developer mistake or troll.

After AC1 - ACB's cliffhanger endings, AC fans have always had something to speculate on so much, like the mysterious Subject 16's blood writing on the walls in Abstergo, or the Prophet's Vault, or Lucy's death and Juno's cryptic speech.

Seriously, don't look into this too much. You'll get your hopes up and expect it to happen. I'm fairly sure Ubi watch these forums closely, Corey May included, and see what people are expecting, and make sure that they don't happen. Afterall, what would be the fun in us playing a game that we "fan-fic'd" ourselves on the forums lol?

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
^^
But that's the thing. By now we should all know that the developers usually put something in their endings that brings about discussion. In ACR I remember spotting Juno outside of the cave when William was opening the van's door and you could see a pinkish tall object in the left Window of the van as William was opening it. In The Lost Archives we learnt of a sinister revelation about our friend and we had tons of codes and symbols to decode. In AC3 I expect no less.

dewgel
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
^^
But that's the thing. By now we should all know that the developers usually put something in their endings that brings about discussion. In ACR I remember spotting Juno outside of the cave when William was opening the van's door and you could see a pinkish tall object in the left Window of the van as William was opening it. In The Lost Archives we learnt of a sinister revelation about our friend and we had tons of codes and symbols to decode. In AC3 I expect no less.

Do you not think we're just picking at anything we can find now though? I'm fairly sure it was just a developer's oversight, due to the credits and the point when he touches the eye being two different scenes.

There's no reason for his body to even be moved. If anything, I think the things we should be looking at for the ending are the fact that the only arm that appears burnt in the ending is the arm which was part of the whole subject 16 theory, where it was glowing at the end of the Revelations.

CkSwtos
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Many theories.
Desmond still struggling moves his body
Pedestal changes position
A third person moves Desmond
The first two seem most likely...

AjinkyaParuleka
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I get it...Rotating Disco Ball!!!You know disco balls move :I.

pirate1802
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Maybe its just me but I don't see ANY difference between Desmond's position in the pics. :'I

rileypoole1234
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm like 100% sure it's nothing.

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Why is this thread still continuing?

Ancient Attero
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
At first I was like "hey dude I already mentioned this in an unpopular post I made a while back" and then when I read the second part what you said weirdly makes sense. Thumbs Up about the visual cue because Dezzy is on the opposite side of the pedestal which could act like a reflection.

Exactly! Another visual clue is the bluish light runner that the Pedestal is sitting on, and how it seems like the walkway extends beyond it. It could be a mirror reflection of the entire temple to just show they are on another plane. Which again is why Juno and Desmond switched places.

GoldyTart
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Juno switching with Desmond.....
When Juno said that in one solution there was something wrong in the process, I thought that the person doing the experiment would lose his mind like Juno's husband...
When you look at the light we speculated, I guess the thing that was wrong in the solution is that to get a better body, you will have to replace another body in the process. That is why it wasn't viable when TWCB were looking for a solution for the flare. Why save a person when he is replaced by another person?

Did Juno employ this method?

Ancient Attero
01-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Juno switching with Desmond.....
When Juno said that in one solution there was something wrong in the process, I thought that the person doing the experiment would lose his mind like Juno's husband...
When you look at the light we speculated, I guess the thing that was wrong in the solution is that to get a better body, you will have to replace another body in the process. That is why it wasn't viable when TWCB were looking for a solution for the flare. Why save a person when he is replaced by another person?

Did Juno employ this method?

Possibly, i mean how else was Juno and Minerva able to speak across centuries if not for somehow uploading their consciousness digitally? I can't see Desmonds body being possessed by Juno, that would be too weird even by AC standards, and not quite sure if now she could roam the physical world. Guess only time will tell.

FaceEmperor
01-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I love the idea of Juno taking Desmonds body!
How awesome would it be to have our own little desmond as main villain in next AC games?!

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
This is just Ubisoft being careless again and rotating and flipping things. Think about this.

Day 1
Design guy - "Okay gonna put this orb facing this way"

Day 3
Design guy - "Okay, forgotten which way the orb was facing but I am PRETTY sure it goes this way" *puts it the other way and doesn't bother checking*

GoldyTart
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Or maybe it was done on purpose... Don't you see Juno touching the orb during the credits? That was a fully mo-capped scene meaning the developers actively made an environment for it.

infamous_ezio
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is just over thinking everything.

twenty_glyphs
01-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Seriously, don't get your hopes up for some greater mystery to be hinted at in the seemingly purposeful inconsistencies of the Assassin's Creed games. After Brotherhood, I, like many, thought the mysteries were so deep and well-thought out that some of the glaring inconsistencies must be clues. Take this wonderful gem, where the Colosseum model that they show Ezio leaving after storing the Apple in Juno's Vault is the same model used during Desmond's sequences, showing the Colosseum as an oval (the open-world Animus version is circular due to memory/performance issues) and with its floor dug out to reveal the tunnels below (on the bottom left of the image):

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3982/colosseumn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/colosseumn.jpg/)

The problem with this is that the Colosseum floor wasn't excavated to reveal the tunnels below until the 1930s, and wasn't even first attempted until the 1800s. The Colosseum floor in the Animus during the 1500s in Brotherhood was just normal ground, with the tunnels hidden below. It's obvious now that using this modern-day model of the Colosseum had no intentional meaning. Since this was just a cutscene, it seems like it was just a colossal oversight or laziness since the scene was so short, and not even done for technical reasons. They couldn't even show the right historical model of the Colosseum (that already existed as an asset in the game) for this important scene that you spend the whole game finding, so I seriously doubt they have an eye for showing important plot clues in small details of the cutscenes.

The interview with Falko Poiker that revealed the true purpose of the red footprints in the modern-day villa of Brotherhood sort of caused the whole "mysteries hidden within seeming inconsistencies" concept to come crashing down. It's obvious that the team on Assassin's Creed is just so huge that lots of little details slip through the cracks and end up in the game with no greater meaning. They probably never even get seen by the creative director. Brotherhood was the biggest example, with a Subject 16 glyph hidden in one of the Romulus lairs, the glitch after Desmond meets Subject 16, the wrong Colosseum model during Ezio's last genetic memory, the footprints in the villa, the blood pooling or not pooling around Lucy... There are just so many people working on different parts of the game, and those people could slip in small details to make things seem mysterious and cool without having any real purpose behind them, make decisions for one reason that end up looking another way to fans, or make small mistakes that only get picked up on by the fans. This is the series that can't even get its lead characters' faces to look consistent between iterations, so I would suggest not trying to look for clues in the small details.

dewgel
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Seriously, don't get your hopes up for some greater mystery to be hinted at in the seemingly purposeful inconsistencies of the Assassin's Creed games. After Brotherhood, I, like many, thought the mysteries were so deep and well-thought out that some of the glaring inconsistencies must be clues. Take this wonderful gem, where the Colosseum model that they show Ezio leaving after storing the Apple in Juno's Vault is the same model used during Desmond's sequences, showing the Colosseum as an oval (the open-world Animus version is circular due to memory/performance issues) and with its floor dug out to reveal the tunnels below (on the bottom left of the image):

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3982/colosseumn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/colosseumn.jpg/)

The problem with this is that the Colosseum floor wasn't excavated to reveal the tunnels below until the 1930s, and wasn't even first attempted until the 1800s. The Colosseum floor in the Animus during the 1500s in Brotherhood was just normal ground, with the tunnels hidden below. It's obvious now that using this modern-day model of the Colosseum had no intentional meaning. Since this was just a cutscene, it seems like it was just a colossal oversight or laziness since the scene was so short, and not even done for technical reasons. They couldn't even show the right historical model of the Colosseum (that already existed as an asset in the game) for this important scene that you spend the whole game finding, so I seriously doubt they have an eye for showing important plot clues in small details of the cutscenes.

The interview with Falko Poiker that revealed the true purpose of the red footprints in the modern-day villa of Brotherhood sort of caused the whole "mysteries hidden within seeming inconsistencies" concept to come crashing down. It's obvious that the team on Assassin's Creed is just so huge that lots of little details slip through the cracks and end up in the game with no greater meaning. They probably never even get seen by the creative director. Brotherhood was the biggest example, with a Subject 16 glyph hidden in one of the Romulus lairs, the glitch after Desmond meets Subject 16, the wrong Colosseum model during Ezio's last genetic memory, the footprints in the villa, the blood pooling or not pooling around Lucy... There are just so many people working on different parts of the game, and those people could slip in small details to make things seem mysterious and cool without having any real purpose behind them, make decisions for one reason that end up looking another way to fans, or make small mistakes that only get picked up on by the fans. This is the series that can't even get its lead characters' faces to look consistent between iterations, so I would suggest not trying to look for clues in the small details.

^^ This. Best post in the topic, and hits the nail on the head.

This is the problem with Assassin's Creed fans, and why we all got so disappointed. Fans get so hyped and overly ambitious with theories due to the bizzare endings in the first couple of games.

This is nothing. Just because it was mo-capped doesn't mean an environment was set up. And also, it doesn't mean that scene was mo-capped. There's a chance that original scene was, and then a month later they all went "Hey, you know what, we should totally add a bit where she walks over Desmond's dead body." not thinking about consistencies.

It.is.nothing

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 09:14 PM

Not to mention Rodrigo Borgio stripping at the end of AC2, leaving his robe thing and then somehow climbing out that pit.

ACfan443
01-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Not to mention Rodrigo Borgio stripping at the end of AC2, leaving his robe thing and then somehow climbing out that pit.

That was pretty weird.

Assassin_M
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
somehow climbing out that pit.
That`s why he stripped...

ACfan443
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
That`s why he stripped...

I can't imagine someone of his size being able to climb out of something so deep

Assassin_M
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I can't imagine someone of his size being able to climb out of something so deep
That`s why he stripped :|

Wink Wink....size...strip..... :|

ACfan443
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
That`s why he stripped :|

Wink Wink....size...strip..... :|

Ohhh, haha. That moment when you get you joke..

Assassin_M
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Ohhh, haha. That moment when you get you joke..
Hehe;)

pacmanate
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
That doesn't explain how he got out of their quicker than Ezio does at the start of Brotherhood!

Assassin_M
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
That doesn't explain how he got out of their quicker than Ezio does at the start of Brotherhood!
Hohohoooooo, but it does.....His son had about 14 illegitimate children...and those are the known ones....must`v had it from someone...probably his Rodrigo :|

Do you have a Rodrigo ?

GoldyTart
01-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Folks, this is what I call a "constructive conversation". Thanks Obama...