PDA

View Full Version : The Tyranny of Georgie speculations (AC3 spoilers!!!) + acinitiates + 21/12/12

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm not a great writer so my ideas could fall out of place as i write but please try to follow me as well as you can :) )

We all know a new DLC is coming out (well three): The Tyranny of George Washington (or Georgie because it sounds cool when Hickey says that)

We know that it is an alternative universe that didn't really happen in our course of history and is a brand new concept we haven't seen in AC yet. While Ubisoft has told us that this story will make Georgie a tyrant and our favorite Native American Assassin never turned into an Assassin in this universe, we know nothing of the present day especially after what happened at the end of AC3 (I'm looking at you Juno). Now lets look at what is currently going on in the present day. Desmond is dead, Juno is released to exact revenge, and apparently a DNA is synced into the cloud (meaning a network accessible to people).

Firstly if we look at past AC releases and their DLCs, all of them gave vital/crucial information about the present day and since TTOGW is marketed as the next big thing in AC3, I think it is wise to say that this installment will have something like a revelation for the present day.

Secondly, consider the fact that we use the Animus to access memories and view them to see the real past, not the ones written and depicted by men. The animus reads these memories through DNAs and we learn about our ancestors. Now it is not possible to get an altered past unless some meddling has been done to those DNAs (Abstergo has already done this to their products) or they have become corrupted, giving us false information. Which leads me to ACInitiates.com and it's relevance to Desmond Miles. The only canon thing that is literally progressing right now is that the site corrupted at December 21st of 2012, the day Desmond dies and Juno is freed. The key words the site says is that the DNA crashed and that there has been some tampering. Is it far-fetched to say that because both events (the supposed death of Desmond, and the crashing of the DNA ) are related? And does this relation have anything to do with the DLC? As a detective, there is no such thing as a coincidence and everything is related to one another.

Thirdly, the syncing to the cloud. We have no idea what this means and why it's being synced with the help of pivots. To me it sounds like when ACinitiates reaches a 100%, we will be presented with this syncing to the cloud.

If Desmond is dead, how are we still able to play as Connor? People have said that we are simply playing as another descendant of Connor and it does sound reasonable... BUT.... the Animus we are playing with is coincidentally the same as the one Rebecca patched/upgraded (with Shaun's database) and the voices we hear at the end when they give the pivots tutorial to me sounds like somebody is hacking with it... Plus the Animus is connected with Shaun's database and we all know that Shaun gets some of his information from outside. Doesn't it seem obvious we are simply using the same Animus Desmond uses but that there is some sort of DNA information left in the Animus (like Subject 16) and that there is an entity of Desmond left in the Animus which as been uploaded to the cloud because Desmond is unique and they need a copy of his DNA in case he dies, which he did unfortunately? Also this could explain that Desmond is dead but his digital copy is still intact like Clay Kaczmarek. There is also a speculation that the AC movie coming out could have Desmond because of a question Ubisoft Montreal asked to facebook (https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftMontreal/posts/504087586280087) meaning that even if Desmond is dead, he could still live on as a digital copy of himself and the movie showcases him using the Animus and going back to the past. It has happened before (S16) and could happen again.

Anyways here is a bunch of info that I thought people should consider....

EDIT: Oh God I forgot about Erudito and their significance to the story as well. Look at INTRO_Hack of AC3 Multiplayer files and... well... read it below...

INTRO_Hack
INTERNAL ABSTERGO MEMORANDUM
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

Security Fail. Critical communication leak. Network compromised.

Unacceptable.

These files need to be secured and moved from public view.

I don’t know what they’re doing there anyway. They should be classified TS/SCI.

This project of yours is nothing but trouble! Fix this before Launch.

A.R.

Don’t worry, they won’t fix it.

This is a lot of noise from the grapevine. Don’t know what’s true, what’s false… but they are talking. Let me help you make it clearer.

Just listen.

The sleeper is awakening.

Erudito is likely talking about JUNO!!!

and see this as well:

MILES' FOLLY_Hack
ComStatic [005643217] C SH/Tone
Miles can’t stop them. Whatever he does, whatever secret he kept for himself, won’t work. It’s a battle that’s been raging for millennia. Miles’ actions are not a means to an end.

S0202: 02:11:32 Reboot NT machine clsnetnt07 cabinet 645R 13/1CMP:CRITICAL:

Little Bill’s flying solo again. Will he crash? Will his “Brothers” come to his rescue?

E.

They seem to know everything...

Master Initiates, we are waiting for your input...

ze_topazio
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I have another explanation for why we can play as Connor even though Desmond is dead, Washington DLC is a not canon, it's a alternative story, it didn't happen so we don't need Desmond or anybody else, is not part do the series story.

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I have another explanation for why we can play as Connor even though Desmond is dead, Washington DLC is a not canon, it's a alternative story, it didn't happen so we don't need Desmond or anybody else, is not part do the series story.

But this is Ubisoft. Expect a mind=blown scenario from them. Besides... even if the story is not canon, the underlying reason why we could view this should be explained...

ze_topazio
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
There's no need for explanations, think of it as something like the Undead Nightmare DLC from Read Dead Redemption, no connection with the main story, explanations might actually do more damage than good.

eagleforlife1
01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
There's no need for explanations, think of it as something like the Undead Nightmare DLC from Read Dead Redemption, no connection with the main story, explanations might actually do more damage than good.

What if it turns out that the modern-day story is real but Erudito have hacked the historic storyline?

AjinkyaParuleka
01-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Erudito is probably Consus,remember Giovanni Borgia?He found the Pythagorean vault and his face and memory altered..he must be the leader of Erudito group.

pacmanate
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Pretty sure this is the explanation. This Tyranny of Washington DIDN'T HAPPEN. So it will not be tied to the main story whatsoever, so we don't need Desmond.

Will_Lucky
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
It could be Canon in a sense.

Remember these memories are in the Cloud, that can be modified, they can be added on to as well. Someone could theoretically create an alternate history using Connors memories as a foundation to base it upon and release them as a memory playable in a an Abstergo Console.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 07:04 PM
It could be Canon in a sense.

Remember these memories are in the Cloud, that can be modified, they can be added on to as well. Someone could theoretically create an alternate history using Connors memories as a foundation to base it upon and release them as a memory playable in a an Abstergo Console.
This..

The DLC may be historically non-canon, but it can be canon to the game`s Universe...

AdrianJacek
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
This..

The DLC may be historically non-canon, but it can be canon to the game`s Universe...

Yeah. I don't think everyone comprehends the powers of our "little" plot device known as The Animus. It made hud completly reasonable and logical. Hud! Ubisoft's too good to just come up with a simple excuse. There WILL be a reason for the DLC. and it WILL connect to the 2012 storyline. Every single other DLC did, after all.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah. I don't think everyone comprehends the powers of our "little" plot device known as The Animus. It made hud completly reasonable and logical. Hud! Ubisoft's too good to just come up with a simple excuse. There WILL be a reason for the DLC. and it WILL connect to the 2012 storyline. Every single other DLC did, after all.
And we`re suckers. we fall for it everytime:p

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
So does anybody think my OP's reasons sound reasonable? Personally this is how I see this DLC happening....