PDA

View Full Version : AC2's PC port is INFURIATING

killzab
01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
UBISOFT should definitely patch AC2 on PC.

The game's performance has gotten worse over the years and isn't fully compatible with new hardware.

I have an Asus G74S and it is MORE than capable of running it.

AC3 runs better than AC2 !

I get dips from 60 fps to like 20 ! It's not acceptable.

Ferrith
01-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Are you sure it is not something on your end that causes FPS issues? AC II runs perfectly well on my PC.
In my opinion, the worst console port to PC of all AC installments was AC: Revelations, not AC II. Also, AC III, apart from the bugs, is the one to cause serious FPS issues, according to the complains a lot of players have made, myself included.

Draven_4
01-05-2013, 03:02 AM
You should update it with the current patches and download a little software called d3doverrider, to force Dx Triple Buffering. It helps a lot

Plus, they're not even releasing a patch for AC3. What makes you think they will do it for AC2?

killzab
01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I bought the game on Steam, so I suppose it gets patched automatically.

But seriously, I can pretty much max AC and get 45+ fps all the time and I get horrible stuttering in AC2....

OMG d3doverrider fixed EVERYTHING, it even improved performance in every other game in the series. Thank you !

Draven_4
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I bought the game on Steam, so I suppose it gets patched automatically.

But seriously, I can pretty much max AC and get 45+ fps all the time and I get horrible stuttering in AC2....

OMG d3doverrider fixed EVERYTHING, it even improved performance in every other game in the series. Thank you !

directX Triple Buffering is absent from almost all games, since most of them just use Double Buffering, just a few games have the native option of turing TB on in the game, like Portal 2.

I'm glad it helped! Not only it works with every AC game, but also any game that uses directx.

Bhauk1963
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I have installed game & patches. But, it will not run, My system meets or exceeds game requirements. Can someone help me please.

Anykeyer
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
UBISOFT should definitely patch AC2 on PC.

The game's performance has gotten worse over the years and isn't fully compatible with new hardware.

I have an Asus G74S and it is MORE than capable of running it.

AC3 runs better than AC2 !

I get dips from 60 fps to like 20 ! It's not acceptable.

You must be kidding. I upgraded several times after AC2 release and it always resulted in better performance, now i have stable 60 in this game.

What do you mean its not compatible? It runs perfectly fine on any modern CPU/GPU given your OS/drivers are up to date.

pleomax30
01-06-2013, 03:27 AM
I had a lot of trouble running AC2, it took me a year to finish it cause I kept giving up due to stuttering and lag.

Bought AC brotherhood a couple days ago....OMG what a great game, looks better, runs better and more interesting missions... i've already finished it !!

Wish the first AC had been Brotherhoods quality It might have been my favourite series of games.