PDA

View Full Version : Michael Fassbender as Desmond Miles in AC movie

Vex_Assassin
01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Ubisoft Montreal Studio just released this status update on Facebook: "According to you, what's the most important skill Michael Fassbender needs to play Desmond Miles in upcoming Assassin's Creed movie?"

What do you guys think? Do you think he'll make a good Desmond?

pacmanate
01-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Does this mean he actually IS Desmond or are they saying what skill does he need IF he was to play Desmond?

ProletariatPleb
01-03-2013, 08:40 PM
You should've included the source...

https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftMontreal/posts/504087586280087

Gitnmabelly
01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Seems a bit old, but I suppose they can make anyone spry and acrobatic with special effects and CGI...

xboxauditore
01-03-2013, 08:54 PM
After seeing Fassbender as Magneto in X-men first class I think he could do very well as Desmond. Doesn't really look like him though.

Vex_Assassin
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Does this mean he actually IS Desmond or are they saying what skill does he need IF he was to play Desmond?

I think they're pretty much saying he's playing Desmond.

You should've included the source...

https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftMontreal/posts/504087586280087

Sorry if saying "Ubisoft Montreal Studio just released this status update on Facebook" wasn't clear enough for you... And nice contribution to the thread.

ProletariatPleb
01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Sorry if saying "Ubisoft Montreal Studio just released this status update on Facebook" wasn't clear enough for you... And nice contribution to the thread.
It's not for me obviously, but it adds ...credibility if you give proper source.

pacmanate
01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Anyone think they will have someone else playing Altair or do you think he will play Altair as well?

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Spoilers if you highlight. do not quote either..

But...But...Desmond is dead D:

Dosenwabe
01-03-2013, 09:35 PM
edit: So did Ubi change Desmonds look in the game to make him look like this Fassguy? And the other modern day persons too.

EscoBlades
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM

The latter

ACfan443
01-03-2013, 09:53 PM
edit: So did Ubi change Desmonds look in the game to make him look like this Fassguy? And the other modern day persons too.

No, they look nothing alike
http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/michael-fassbender09-8-10.jpg

Sushiglutton
01-03-2013, 10:23 PM
He should be able to mix some drinks, lie on his back and walk slooowly.

ThankOurTroops
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
With the special effects, make-up artists and everything else that's available these days, they can make anyone look like anyone!

IronEagl3
01-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Ben Stiller

sticks165
01-04-2013, 04:16 AM
he looks more like Daniel Cross

TangentialShark
01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
When Michael Fassbender was added to the film I thought he would play Altair. He would look awesome under a white hood.

catkiller97
01-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Omg D:

shobhit7777777
01-04-2013, 09:02 AM

Desmond....again....****

and to answer your question UbiFacebook...

the most important skill would be looking bored and emitting boredom rays....with a tinge of moron thrown in.

And instead of The Fass they should've gone with Keanu Reaves to play Desmond

Toa TAK
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
lol at the comment on Facebook, "not so white maybe".

I think he'll do well, Fassbender is a boss.

DarkDreamer95
01-04-2013, 09:59 AM
He would've been an awesome Altair :P But I suppose if he's Desmond he stays for the other movies, and he's a brilliant actor :) So I'm all for it :)

AjinkyaParuleka
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
If Fassbender is doing Desmond then we will certainly miss Nolan North's voice.Also I want Shaun Hastings to be played by Danny Wallace.

RinoTheBouncer
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I wrote this in a thread once and everyone was opposing me for asking "Why not Randez, why Fassbender plays Desmond?" claiming that it can be any other assassin not just Desmond. Well, here they are ruining the movie with a bad choice of actor while they can simply use Francisco Randez whom in fact IS Desmond in real life.

dxsxhxcx
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I wrote this in a thread once and everyone was opposing me for asking "Why not Randez, why Fassbender plays Desmond?" claiming that it can be any other assassin not just Desmond. Well, here they are ruining the movie with a bad choice of actor while they can simply use Francisco Randez whom in fact IS Desmond in real life.

I believe Francisco Randez is a model not an actor.

BATISTABUS
01-04-2013, 01:34 PM
My hype for this film has decreased immensely. Everything AC has always told its own story...why do we need the games retold, which were already solid cinematic experiences on their own? Ubisoft can claim they don't want to butcher films like Hollywood, but they've already made the biggest mistake they possibly could have, especially since the brand could've gone literally anywhere in history. Even if it's a decent film, is anyone really going to prefer the film over the games? I'm extremely disappointed. I actually had high hopes for this film, that Ubisoft was going to do it right and do right by the series, but so much for that.

I'd be extremely happy if this was just a "what-if" question, but by the way the question was worded, this certainly does not seem to be the case. Either whoever wrote the post doesn't know how to properly pose questions in the subjunctive mood, or they are intentionally trying to fool fans.

pacmanate
01-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I have a problem with Altair. Now in the games, he was very cold as a character. This will be boring in the movies right?

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I have a problem with Altair. Now in the games, he was very cold as a character. This will be boring in the movies right?

The whole film might not be just about him, maybe it'll be all three ancestors in one film

lothario-da-be
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
My hype for this film has decreased immensely. Everything AC has always told its own story...why do we need the games retold, which were already solid cinematic experiences on their own? Ubisoft can claim they don't want to butcher films like Hollywood, but they've already made the biggest mistake they possibly could have, especially since the brand could've gone literally anywhere in history. Even if it's a decent film, is anyone really going to prefer the film over the games? I'm extremely disappointed. I actually had high hopes for this film, that Ubisoft was going to do it right and do right by the series, but so much for that.

I'd be extremely happy if this was just a "what-if" question, but by the way the question was worded, this certainly does not seem to be the case. Either whoever wrote the post doesn't know how to properly pose questions in the subjunctive mood, or they are intentionally trying to fool fans.
I feel the same as you. Now i have the feeling it wel be a crap movie with the name assassin's creed to make more money. Re-using the main characters from the games is just lazy and boring.

RinoTheBouncer
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I believe Francisco Randez is a model not an actor.

I believe it's those new people who can do a great job. He did the motion capture and the looks so I guess it's worth it to train him to do his role. I don't think it will be very difficult for him to learn that. I'm sure he'd do great if he was at least give the opportunity to audition for the role.

BATISTABUS
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I believe it's those new people who can do a great job. He did the motion capture and the looks so I guess it's worth it to train him to do his role. I don't think it will be very difficult for him to learn that. I'm sure he'd do great if he was at least give the opportunity to audition for the role.
He didn't do motion capture. He is not an actor at all, and I'd assume his voice doesn't sound anything like Nolan North's anyway. This whole thing could easily be avoided if they came up with a story unique to the film...

RinoTheBouncer
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
He didn't do motion capture. He is not an actor at all, and I'd assume his voice doesn't sound anything like Nolan North's anyway. This whole thing could easily be avoided if they came up with a story unique to the film...

Or this (or suggestion).
This would work very well as well. But i still think Randez would be better than Fassbender. Age-wise, looks-wise, he's the same person.

citrusfresh
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Will the movie work or will it be a broken release? LOL

lothario-da-be
01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Will the movie work or will it be a broken release? LOL
I expect the worst :nonchalance:

SixKeys
01-04-2013, 05:44 PM
If they cast a white actor as Alta´r I probably won't see it. So I hope Fassbender will be cast as someone other than Alta´r.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Love it how everyone broke down and sealed the deal that the film stars Desmond, even though Esco said that`s not the case..

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
As far as I know, none of the side media in the AC universe shares the same content, so I don't think the movie will be a remake of the games, it's probably going to be something completely different, something we've never seen before.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM
As far as I know, none of the side media in the AC universe shares the same content, so I don't think the movie will be a remake of the games, it's probably going to be something completely different, something we've never seen before.
It only makes sense.

UrDeviant1
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
The most important skill he'll need is the ability to do whatever anyone says without back-chat ;) I do like Michael Fassbender though. I'm sure they could make him look younger for the part too.

Edit: just read escoblades post...forget what i said.

DELTA Kristian
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe its not such a bad idea...

masterfenix2009
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Or this (or suggestion).
This would work very well as well. But i still think Randez would be better than Fassbender. Age-wise, looks-wise, he's the same person.
Models are not actors. You can't just become an actor. It takes skill. You can't just look the part. It's a bad idea. It takes experience. I'm not saying Randez is a bad actor, as I have never seen him act, but it takes more than "oh he looks like him," to be Desmond. I would rather have someone who can act a lot like Desmond and look absolutely nothing like him, then have someone who looks like him and can't act.

lothario-da-be
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Models are not actors. You can't just become an actor. It takes skill. You can't just look the part. It's a bad idea. It takes experience. I'm not saying Randez is a bad actor, as I have never seen him act, but it takes more than "oh he looks like him," to be Desmond. I would rather have someone who can act a lot like Desmond and look absolutely nothing like him, then have someone who looks like him and can't act.
this, and thats why we need new characters.

ToughGuy31
01-05-2013, 06:53 AM
It's been confirmed that he's not playing Desmond. But I hope he does make a cameo along with Lucy. It would be even better if they got Randez dubbed by Nolan North.

BATISTABUS
01-05-2013, 02:55 PM
It's been confirmed that he's not playing Desmond. But I hope he does make a cameo along with Lucy. It would be even better if they got Randez dubbed by Nolan North.
When? By who? Please, if this is true (which I hope it is), then I want to know the source. xD

Love it how everyone broke down and sealed the deal that the film stars Desmond, even though Esco said that`s not the case..
As far as I know, Esco isn't involved with the production of the film, nor would he have the authority to confirm or deny something like that. I assume it was his interpretation of the post, which I disagree with. Like I said, the way it's worded, the person who posted it either made a grammatical mistake, is trying to fool us, or Fassbender is in fact playing Desmond.

xboxauditore
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
They need to have Lucy so I can stare at Kristen Bell.

montagemik
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM

So it's looking like an AC movie just riding the popularity of the franchise then - Screw giving us a live action film series true to the game story . (Prince of persia - take 2 :rolleyes: )

And here i was hoping the franchise story would be respectfully recreated .
I was also hoping RANDEZ would play desmond - Actor or not , it's not like Desmond acts like a Deep character - how much acting ability is needed to lay on the animus & act bland ? . There's no reason his real voice couldn't be dubbed over in the movie either.

I'm fine with Fassbender as Altair (if that's the case) , But for me , this movie is already much less than i hoped for all those years ago (since AC 1 released)

Assassin's creed is one of the few videogames that have a decent storyline in my opinion -
But it's beginning to sound like any other game to movie adaptation - Some tool of a writers interpretation of the actual story that made the franchise what it is ,
Insert known actor - rewrite key elements - throw in some nice camera work /stunts & effects & milk it while it lasts . ( ala Resi Evil )

WOO HOO Can't wait :rolleyes:

ToughGuy31
01-06-2013, 12:10 AM
So it's looking like an AC movie just riding the popularity of the franchise then - Screw giving us a live action film series true to the game story . (Prince of persia - take 2 :rolleyes: )

And here i was hoping the franchise story would be respectfully recreated .
I was also hoping RANDEZ would play desmond - Actor or not , it's not like Desmond acts like a Deep character - how much acting ability is needed to lay on the animus & act bland ? . There's no reason his real voice couldn't be dubbed over in the movie either.

I'm fine with Fassbender as Altair (if that's the case) , But for me , this movie is already much less than i hoped for all those years ago (since AC 1 released)

Assassin's creed is one of the few videogames that have a decent storyline in my opinion -
But it's beginning to sound like any other game to movie adaptation - Some tool of a writers interpretation of the actual story that made the franchise what it is ,
Insert known actor - rewrite key elements - throw in some nice camera work /stunts & effects & milk it while it lasts . ( ala Resi Evil )

WOO HOO Can't wait :rolleyes:
IKR, AC movie could be good, but Hollywood keeps choosing the worst video games to adapt to movies. Shadow of the colossus can't work as a movie and neither can Mario and Double dragon.