PDA

View Full Version : About brazilian players...

MarcosSKreutz
01-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Just clearing it out, I'm a brazilian.
But I hated the fact that the Ubisoft team had to apologize to brazilian players!!
In my opinion, Brasil was well represented in the game (AC III).
The only thing that could be different, is that the people here dress fine to go to events, especially because an event like that is really expansive for us, so...
But in normal days people actually dress like that! Ubisoft isn't wrong!
They were right!!
And this country is dirty too. Is dirty for me! So I imagine how different it is compared to the cities and traditions in Europe!
They must think we are savages, and they are right to think like that!
Our country have a lot of resourses and the capacity to become a powerfull country, but the fact that our people are so badly educated makes it impossible to happen.
And then it reflects in this ridiculous attitude towards Ubisoft! Brazilians are proud of their country, I'm not! I'm ashamed. Even more now. Brazilian were really ungratefull!
Ubisoft tried to thanks us for being so loyal to the game, despite the MONSTRUOUS price that the games cost to us! (its absurd!!!!!!!)
I blame this country for the image europeans have from us. Is NOT their fault.
I will proudly say this:
THANKS UBISOFT FOR DOING SUCH A WONDERFULL JOB, TO RECOGNIZE OUR APPRECIATION FOR THE GAME, AND TO MAKE SUCH AN AMAZING SCENE TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR US!
You don't have to apologize to me. Instead I will to apologize to you in the name of my countrymen.

PS: If you will make a game in Brasil, please contract a brazilian team to help you doing it in order to avoid another situation like that.
I wish I could help with information about rivalry inside brazilian History that remains untill this days that could affect the fans. I'll do it for free, just to see a fair AC III game here in Brasil. Or just hire a team with people from all parts of the country.

OmegaRomik
01-03-2013, 03:21 AM
When do the Brazilians come out in AC3?

SixKeys
01-03-2013, 03:22 AM
When do the Brazilians come out in AC3?

One of the Desmond missions.

AdrianJacek
01-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Don't they know that Desmond's 2012 is not the same aas what we hav... ugh, "had"? The world's a mess there so no wonder Sao Paolo looks like a s*ithole. :P

DELTA Kristian
01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Hah...

ze_topazio
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
The portuguese we hear the citizens speak sounded fake as hell.

MarcosSKreutz
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
tho whole country looks like a s*ithole! xD.. we just don't admmit it.. (at least I do...)

MarcosSKreutz
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah.. it does, but as they said, the game was already finished, so they had to improvise with what they had just to send a "thanks" massage to brasil..

iArfal
01-06-2013, 01:11 AM
I've heard a lot about Brazilian chicks... and their curves.

AssassinYago
01-06-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm going to be sincere, first of all I'm Brazilian too.
1- The game make the womens in Brazil looks like ******s, all of them wear a bikini, WHAT THE ****?! They think womens in Brazil walk whit a ****ing bikini?
2- People in game talk portuguese like the women in Google Translate.
3- I was playing the game and one guy was discussing with another guy, and the conversation was extremely sexually explicit, really insulting.
They think that Brazil is an brothel?

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Oh this`ll be good...

*sits down*

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Oh this`ll be good...

*sits down*

*Passes popcorn*

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 06:40 AM
*Passes popcorn*
Why thank you

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Why thank you

You're welcome! :)

PandaPuff86
01-06-2013, 07:29 AM
The game make the womens in Brazil looks like ******s, all of them wear a bikini, WHAT THE ****?! They think womens in Brazil walk whit a ****ing bikini?

I live in NYC and once every summer they have a Brazilian Day Parade. I look at the girls and believe it or not they wear everything really short. Most girls wear really small bikinis and short shorts. Seems true to me at least.

People in game talk portuguese like the women in Google Translate.

I read English subtitles so who cares how they supposed to like.

I was playing the game and one guy was discussing with another guy, and the conversation was extremely sexually explicit, really insulting.
They think that Brazil is an brothel?

Did you even listen to conversation? If you don't like it just ignore it and keep going. There are far worse things that that in gaming than that conversation. Believe me.

AssassinYago
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I live in NYC and once every summer they have a Brazilian Day Parade. I look at the girls and believe it or not they wear everything really short. Most girls wear really small bikinis and short shorts. Seems true to me at least.

I read English subtitles so who cares how they supposed to like.

Did you even listen to conversation? If you don't like it just ignore it and keep going. There are far worse things that that in gaming than that conversation. Believe me.

So if was like that in NYC you would just ignore that?

ze_topazio
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
PandaPuff86 Ubisoft takes pride on their accurate and respectful portrayal of countries and cultures, this portrayal of Brazil however was completely based on stereotypes so that's why it is a problem.

VenomViper22
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
The mission is supposed to take place in the city of São Paulo (where I live) based on the shapes on the ground. It's a common sight in sidewalks and is a simplified drawing of the state of São Paulo. I have to say that it looks nothing like it. No one dresses like that in the streets specially in an event like that of the game. The way people talk really look like it came out of Google translate like AssassinYago said.
I apreciate Ubisoft apologised because it shows they care about us. The portrayal was a mistake. Even big developers are subject to mistakes. Let's hope it does not repeat itself.
Also i would like to thank Ubi for the PT-BR DLC. I thought the voice acting is very good (specially Haythan, Connor and Lee). Not perfect but still pretty good. One of the best brazilian video games dubbing.

ToughGuy31
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I've heard a lot about Brazilian chicks... and their curves.
Haha. Curves...

PandaPuff86
01-14-2013, 12:15 AM
So if was like that in NYC you would just ignore that?

Sorry for late reply, anyway if it was for NYC, I wouldn't care. I don't get offended easily like others do. Besides I get to hear crap about us and see NYC destroyed in many ways in movies. What else is new. You just deal with it and embrace it.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-14-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm brazilian too.
The game represented us with stereotypes and one is wrong: Brazil is not the country of MMA, it's of soccer. MMA has started became popular here in 2011.
Our women don't use bikini everywhere, perhaps they do on Rio de Janeiro. Each state has your own features: Minas Gerais is in above the sea level, the country's south is a little similar to Europe (in culture), in the North there are florests, Northeast has beautiful beaches, São Paulo is the center of economy (but almost everywhere is pretty urban).