PDA

View Full Version : Connor's deleted Epilogue

LordWolv
01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
SPOILERS ABOUT THE END OF THE GAME

I didn't make the video, but I think I need to dedicate a thread to this. The speech you hear is a file that was extracted from the game, but was never actually included in it, and the music behind also audio files that were never used in the game. Sounds like good ambient music to me, but nevermind.

If only they included this in the game, it would shut people up about Connor's development. I just think it's beautiful, and worth sharing with you all. Imagine this voice-over when Connor is walking through the abandoned village and having flashbacks to when he was a child, in the same spot he's standing as an adult. Imagine how powerful that would be to the player. Connor's character development wouldn't be a problem if this was just included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H6d79JHh3cU

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Damm you D:

I almost made a duplicate thread:p

Nice find...It`s indeed beautiful..

misterB2001
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM
absolutely stunning.

Lass4r
01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
But......why?! Why didn't they include this bloody beautiful speech in the game? Some of it was even in the trailer.

Cmon Ubisoft, why oh why did you do that? =(

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
here`s one too..

It`s not technically deleted, but rather.... miss-able
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81PmXgEKymk&list=PLpZTLuh7iREZGZxbVdjYvqs-g16245rwM&index=4

ACfan443
01-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I already posted in the other thread, but I'll say it again, why on earth was this removed? It's amazing!

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I already posted in the other thread, but I'll say it again, why on earth was this removed? It's amazing!
You forgot "Some of these 'decisions' are beyond me"

Bashilir
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Why...was that.. REMOVED!?!?! That reminded me of Ezio's beautiful speech in AC2's DLC. Freakin' awesome.

TrueAssassin77
01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
That speech alone... would have bumped up everyone's score of AC3 by AT LEAST one...

SixKeys
01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I would have agreed with most of you after hearing the first half of the speech, but after listening to the second half (where he starts directly addressing Haytham) I don't mind they didn't keep it in the game. Not because it's bad but because I prefer the way AC3 ends on a downer note. The future of the assassins is uncertain and Connor is left wondering if everything he did was in vein. I don't really care for the "even if we have to fight a thousand years, we will overcome" stuff.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I would have agreed with most of you after hearing the first half of the speech, but after listening to the second half (where he starts directly addressing Haytham) I don't mind they didn't keep it in the game. Not because it's bad but because I prefer the way AC3 ends on a downer note. The future of the assassins is uncertain and Connor is left wondering if everything he did was in vein. I don't really care for the "even if we have to fight a thousand years, we will overcome" stuff.
You don't even want the poor guy to have some hope D:

ACfan443
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
You forgot "Some of these 'decisions' are beyond me"

Oh yeah, forgot that bit. I think it went beyond me...

SixKeys
01-02-2013, 11:38 PM
You don't even want the poor guy to have some hope D:

I just prefer non-Hollywood endings. :p Connor started out fighting for his own people, not the assassins. The ending is more powerful when you realize he came all this way and never achieved what he set out to do. Even sadder is that it would take hundreds of years for natives to get any sort of rights at all. I like the ending the way it is because it leaves a more gray area between Connor and his father. It also echoes Desmond's growing desperation and uncertainty in the modern day sections ("It just keeps happening over and over again. -What does? -Everything"). Just like Connor, Desmond asks his father if things couldn't be different if there could be peace between the assassins and Templars, and both are disappointed to learn there can be no such peace.

LordWolv
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I may have caused uproar. Whoops.

It's true though, that speech touched me more than anything in any other game has; and I only stumbled upon it on one of my lonely voyages through youtube. Complaints about connor's character development, if this was in the game, would be buried in the dirt.

SixKeys
01-02-2013, 11:44 PM
I may have caused uproar. Whoops.

It's true though, that speech touched me more than anything in any other game has; and I only stumbled upon it on one of my lonely voyages through youtube. Complaints about connor's character development, if this was in the game, would be buried in the dirt.

Not true. My complaints about Connor's portrayal throughout the game wouldn't change with the simple inclusion of this epilogue. Changes to a character should be shown all throughout their journey, not in a last-minute speech.

xboxauditore
01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Long live the Assassins!

StUbbZ24
01-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Patch it in, Ubi. Do it.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Not true. My complaints about Connor's portrayal throughout the game wouldn't change with the simple inclusion of this epilogue. Changes to a character should be shown all throughout their journey, not in a last-minute speech.
YOUR complaints...Yours alone.

TrueAssassin77
01-02-2013, 11:49 PM

crazy considering that is exactly what happen to ezio in the last minute of AC2. first it;s all about revenge then suddenly it;s not. despite the fact there was no previous implication that it would come out this way. in AC3 though this type of thing makes sense

SixKeys
01-02-2013, 11:53 PM
YOUR complaints...Yours alone.

Right. Two people in this thread have already made sweeping generalizations like "That speech alone... would have bumped up everyone's score of AC3 by AT LEAST one" and "Complaints about connor's character development, if this was in the game, would be buried in the dirt". I'm pointing out that this is not the case. My overall opinion of the game still wouldn't have gone up and my complaints about Connor's character haven't suddenly become invalidated simply because of one speech, hence not "everyone" would have changed their minds about Connor had this been included in the game.

SixKeys
01-02-2013, 11:54 PM
crazy considering that is exactly what happen to ezio in the last minute of AC2. first it;s all about revenge then suddenly it;s not. despite the fact there was no previous implication that it would come out this way. in AC3 though this type of thing makes sense

Ezio doesn't change in the last part of AC2. He hesitates for a moment, but he still would have chosen to kill Rodrigo had the Staff not intervened. He was still driven by his desire for vengeance. It was perfectly in-character.

TrueAssassin77
01-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Ezio doesn't change in the last part of AC2. He hesitates for a moment, but he still would have chosen to kill Rodrigo had the Staff not intervened. He was still driven by his desire for vengeance. It was perfectly in-character.

... so.. it's ok that ezio shows no growth... but when connor does show growth its not considered growth?
so its ok that AC2 literally has no "Moral of the story"... while AC3 does... but is considerd to have a worst story?

double standards

jd55513
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Lets all look at this rationally, The dialogue tends to rather round up all of Connor's life, travels, encounters and emotions and by doing that, it gives Connor more "complete closure" if you will, and as such, that would leave people at bay and comfort but by including this(yes I truly wish they did) they would then leave Connor and his story alone.....THAT is not going to happen we KNOW they are going to make another game and continue his story and life one more time and refrain from making too many sequels and ruining Connor and the overall story of assassin creed in itself. So in this case they will either recycle the dialogue and include it in his final monologue in a future sequel, or maybe its a part of the upcoming DLC.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Now you`re just using double standards. Ezio shows no growth in AC II except during the final sequence. ask anyone about Ezio`s growth and he`ll tell you nothing, but the last sequence.

Why is it fair for Ezio and not for Connor ?

TheHumanTowel
01-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Oh my god.
http://i.imgur.com/ocPjG.gif

Why the **** would you cut this Ubi!? For god's sake this was great. I'd say we wouldn't have half the people saying they hate Connor if this was included in the game. Jesus cut content was a big issue with AC3. I don't know if they ran out of time but it's a huge shame this wasn't in the game.

twenty_glyphs
01-03-2013, 12:03 AM

I agree. It's a nice little speech, but it wouldn't have been enough to turn around my perception of Connor to have this at the end of the game. It's a shame. From all the interviews and previews, it really sounds like the ideas for Connor were good, interesting and unique. But the execution was bad. If I hadn't heard what the developers said was their intention for Connor, I wouldn't have known many of those traits were intended for his character because the game never showed me.

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
I agree. It's a nice little speech, but it wouldn't have been enough to turn around my perception of Connor to have this at the end of the game. It's a shame. From all the interviews and previews, it really sounds like the ideas for Connor were good, interesting and unique. But the execution was bad. If I hadn't heard what the developers said was their intention for Connor, I wouldn't have known many of those traits were intended for his character because the game never showed me.

They took out connors good parts in favor of haytham apparently

SixKeys
01-03-2013, 12:11 AM
... so.. it's ok that ezio shows no growth... but when connor does show growth its not considered growth?
so its ok that AC2 literally has no "Moral of the story"... while AC3 does... but is considerd to have a worst story?

double standards

I've said before that having a moral does not automatically make one story superior to another. I don't care if AC2 has no moral, it's not about the moral to me. AC3 is not about the moral to me either. Ezio was simply a more interesting character because we saw how his training changed him. He started out as a brash young man who didn't care about getting into fights for no good reason. His assassin training taught him the importance of patience and respect for other human beings. Connor, OTOH, started out as an irritable young man with little patience and great respect for all life. He grows up and suddenly knows all about patience (during stealth and hunting missions) while showing none in his talks with Achilles or other people he meets. He supposedly has great respect for all life yet his fighting style is needlessly ruthless and killing tends to be his first instinct to getting out of any situation.

Where in the story do you think Connor shows growth (apart from this deleted speech)?

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 12:17 AM
I've said before that having a moral does not automatically make one story superior to another. I don't care if AC2 has no moral, it's not about the moral to me. AC3 is not about the moral to me either. Ezio was simply a more interesting character because we saw how his training changed him. He started out as a brash young man who didn't care about getting into fights for no good reason. His assassin training taught him the importance of patience and respect for other human beings. Connor, OTOH, started out as an irritable young man with little patience and great respect for all life. He grows up and suddenly knows all about patience (during stealth and hunting missions) while showing none in his talks with Achilles or other people he meets. He supposedly has great respect for all life yet his fighting style is needlessly ruthless and killing tends to be his first instinct to getting out of any situation.

Where in the story do you think Connor shows growth (apart from this deleted speech)?

This debate is over. Someone who thinks "Morals of the Story" is unimportant quite honestly shouldn't be debating iver writing in general. Stories are suppose to have a lesson. Otherwise its what is considered a "Meaningless story", If the story does not give you some type of message, then what is the point of the story? There isn't one. Morals of the story is everything.

Sushiglutton
01-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I must admit I was one of those who didn't get Connor and thought he was bland. I'm currently replaying the story and combined with this vid I must admit I was completely wrong. I feel ashamed of myself :(. Ubi deserves credit for creating such an unusual protagonist who suffered such a horrible fate. Me and all the other idiots may have made them hesitant to do so again :(. Once I have replayed the story I will make a tribute thread to redeem myself!

montagemik
01-03-2013, 12:25 AM
SPOILERS ABOUT THE END OF THE GAME

If only they included this in the game, it would shut people up about Connor's development. I just think it's beautiful, and worth sharing with you all. Imagine this voice-over when Connor is walking through the abandoned village and having flashbacks to when he was a child, in the same spot he's standing as an adult. Imagine how powerful that would be to the player. Connor's character development wouldn't be a problem if this was just included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H6d79JHh3cU

NOW THAT ...........Is exactly the kind of viewpoint i imagined Connor had throughout the game & at the end . So for those that actually took notice & read the character correctly Proves Connor's character development was far from non existent .

But most just saw Bland / Wooden blah blah blah regards Connor - But i always said Connor was actually a complex character as opposed to an easy to read stereotype like Ezio.
Now i feel vindicated in my interpretation of Connor - i understood him perfectly it seems . He's an extremely 'human' & relatable character for me at least. .

Maybe the line about the patriots outright serving only themselves & what's best for them alone would've been a sorepoint in the U.S for many - Hearing it from a Native american - might not have gone down too well .
( the game was really marketed on the whole REDCOATS EVIL = PATRIOTS GOOD scenario - brushing over many truths about the patriots actions only lightly .)

THAT You tube video should be Stickied at top of every page in my opinion - Give Connor his dues.

SixKeys
01-03-2013, 12:29 AM
This debate is over. Someone who thinks "Morals of the Story" is unimportant quite honestly shouldn't be debating iver writing in general. Stories are suppose to have a lesson. Otherwise its what is considered a "Meaningless story", If the story does not give you some type of message, then what is the point of the story? There isn't one. Morals of the story is everything.

What moral does Beavis And Bu.tthead Do America have, pray tell? What about Psycho? Snakes on a Plane? The Old Man and the Sea? Fight Club? I could go on. Not every story is memorable because of some tired old Aesop, it can be memorable because it presented something unique through its narration techniques, characters or visuals.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 12:37 AM
I must admit I was one of those who didn't get Connor and thought he was bland. I'm currently replaying the story and combined with this vid I must admit I was completely wrong. I feel ashamed of myself :(. Ubi deserves credit for creating such an unusual protagonist who suffered such a horrible fate. Me and all the other idiots may have made them hesitant to do so again :(. Once I have replayed the story I will make a tribute thread to redeem myself!
That`s why I agree with someone that said that people were spoiled by Ezio...

An open, joking, flirty, witty and charismatic Assassin. He`s everything anyone could ever want. I was surprised by how open he was to everyone and anyone he met.

For me, Connor is so much better written than Ezio. Ezio never took any effort to be written, the way I see it..

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 12:52 AM

That`s why I agree with someone that said that people were spoiled by Ezio...

An open, joking, flirty, witty and charismatic Assassin. He`s everything anyone could ever want. I was surprised by how open he was to everyone and anyone he met.

For me, Connor is so much better written than Ezio. Ezio never took any effort to be written, the way I see it..
AC3 gets better with every playthrough. you start to notice the subtle things about the story and connor that you may not have noticed before.

Sushiglutton
01-03-2013, 12:55 AM
AC3 gets better with every playthrough. you start to notice the subtle things about the story and connor that you may not have noticed before.

The story is for sure getting much better. But I must admit I have trouble keeping the interest up in many of the missions. They are just too boring :(.

YuurHeen
01-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Yep. much better than most of ac3.

Kaschra
01-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Ah, that was in the epilogue of Assassin's Creed Forsaken! Too bad they removed it from the game. It's quiet nice, isn't it?
Brings more closure to his character (even though I don't think it's the last thing we see of him).
But I'm still "meh" on Connor. Not even that can change it, not even that can make me really like him :/

And Trueassassin77, if I would do a drinking game and take a shot everytime you say "Connor FTW!" or blame literally ANYTHING on Haytham, I would be drunk in no time :rolleyes:

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Ah, that was in the epilogue of Assassin's Creed Forsaken! Too bad they removed it from the game. It's quiet nice, isn't it?
Brings more closure to his character (even though I don't think it's the last thing we see of him).
But I'm still "meh" on Connor. Not even that can change it, not even that can make me really like him :/

And Trueassassin77, if I would do a drinking game and take a shot everytime you say "Connor FTW!" or blame literally ANYTHING on Haytham, I would be drunk in no time :rolleyes:

at least I'm consistent

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 01:24 AM
at least I'm consistent
Unlike Ezio:rolleyes:

Saqaliba
01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
That was from Forsaken. Book is way better than the game. Hope Haytham gets a DLC which covers his life as from the book.

Locopells
01-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Connor's story is good, but I think Haytham's would make a VERY interesting game...

Assassin_M
That was from Forsaken. Book is way better than the game. Hope Haytham gets a DLC which covers his life as from the book.
No Idea why you`re saying Haytham is better from hearing a Connor Epilogue...

TrueAssassin77

NO! You got a book. be happy with that. Haytham currently has more resources invested in him than connor. THIS IS CONNORS GAME NOT HAYTHAMS,

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 01:54 AM
THIS IS CONNORS GAME NOT HAYTHAMS,
I think THAT`s the problem.

They don't want a Connor game

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 01:56 AM
I think THAT`s the problem.

They don't want a Connor game

the problem is that they want an ezio jr game

Kaschra
01-03-2013, 01:59 AM
at least I'm consistent

Yeah... consistently annoying :o

Saqaliba
01-03-2013, 02:05 AM
I never said I do not like Connor. I just think the story is told better from the book. How Haytham becomes a Templar and how the Templars make Connor into an Assassin. It shows how tragic it is and makes you respect both characters. It blurs the boundry between Assassin and Templar alot more. I felt some important points were missing from the game.

kuled2012
01-03-2013, 02:10 AM
What the..Why was this taken out??

FirestarLuva
01-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Why, Ubi? WHY!?
I hope this speech is included in the next Connor game. I think after playing AC3 once, then reading Forsaken and replaying the game the story will definetly get so much better!
For me, Connor's story was the best and most tragic, Ezio's story was much easier to narrate and follow, while Connor's story was much more complex just like the character. If you look at Connor's story as both from Forsaken and AC3, his story really is endearing. I hope there's a book about AC3 as well.
This video for sure proves that Connor is definetly NOT a rushed character who lacks a personality and his story was weak. In reality, Connor really is a much better and more in-depth character than Ezio, even if Ezio is more lovable and charming. :3 Everything Ubi said about him being more realistic and believable, I'm glad they didn't lie.
Ubi, please don't throw away Connor yet. One more game, in 2014, take your time.
Also, this video, needs to go places. Period.

Vex_Assassin
01-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Wow... Just, wow. Wish that part was in AC3.

Turul.
01-03-2013, 03:31 AM
i dont know...i think its nice and all

but the things he thnks and the lessons he learned are more fun to figure out for yourself! in my opinion

it also shows a lot of where connor's mind still is, maybe showing a bit too much of what his plans are for the future

D.I.D.
01-03-2013, 03:31 AM
I think it might have been cut because it's not very good. Perhaps the fact that it had to be dug out of the disc gives you all more of a buzz than the speech itself deserves?

Even if it had been some killer speech, it wouldn't magically wipe out the regular clangs throughout the game. If you think this was good, you probably thought "Press X to dig" was a stroke of genius too.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Oh man.. I just could not get attached to Connor. The speech feels way to ordinary for me. :(

Death_Aflame
01-03-2013, 03:38 AM
I'm gonna laugh if the reason they deleted this was to make it at the beginning of Connor's sequel.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 03:52 AM
I think it might have been cut because it's not very good. Perhaps the fact that it had to be dug out of the disc gives you all more of a buzz than the speech itself deserves?

Even if it had been some killer speech, it wouldn't magically wipe out the regular clangs throughout the game. If you think this was good, you probably thought "Press X to dig" was a stroke of genius too.
Why is it that when people think something is good, others have to put a label on them ? It implies stupidity. So what if we thought it was good ????? So ****ING what if we thought the funeral was a stroke of genius ????? Keep your Opinion and let us be proud of our own, without explicitly making up that everyone is an uneducated idiot because he/she thought that was good....

ToughGuy31
01-03-2013, 04:56 AM
That speech alone... would have bumped up everyone's score of AC3 by AT LEAST one...
YES! THIS IS AWESOME! :p

VitaminsXYZ
01-03-2013, 05:33 AM
I never said I do not like Connor. I just think the story is told better from the book. How Haytham becomes a Templar and how the Templars make Connor into an Assassin. It shows how tragic it is and makes you respect both characters. It blurs the boundry between Assassin and Templar alot more. I felt some important points were missing from the game.

True, but I've never been one to compare books and video games. Books are entirely stories, so it's much easier to write the character's thoughts and add in a lot more details. It can focus on the story only without having to include the many other parts that make up a game.

Anyways, it's too bad they took out this little speech. They could've played this at the ending, which would've left it on a more positive note and shed light on what Connor thinks about his role in everything that's happened. Although I also kind of liked the whole depressing feel, too, where we don't know how the rest of Connor's life will play out.

Actually, this reminds me of the cut dialogue between Shepard and Anderson near the end of Mass Effect 3. As in this case, it's not entirely necessary, but it made it that much more poignant for me.

BK-110
01-03-2013, 06:29 AM
Wow, I had goosebumps throughout the whole speech. This was beautiful. Why was such a great speech not included in the game?!

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Wow, I had goosebumps throughout the whole speech. This was beautiful. Why was such a great speech not included in the game?!

probably because of haythams prolouge

montagemik
01-03-2013, 07:29 AM

It's far more likely it was cut because of Connor's viewpoint - hints towards his future motivation . And Ubisoft had no clue how he'd be received , So the slightest hint of a Connor sequel or it being an unfinished story arc may not have been a smart move .

But to see that possible reason requires a little thinking , I can see how it didn't occur to you.

AdrianJacek
01-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Now you`re just using double standards. Ezio shows no growth in AC II except during the final sequence. ask anyone about Ezio`s growth and he`ll tell you nothing, but the last sequence.

Why is it fair for Ezio and not for Connor ?
Well, there's also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4D8su84xRM
Also please ignore AC2 fanboys in the comment section.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, there's also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4D8su84xRM
Also please ignore AC2 fanboys in the comment section.
That`s a DLC...

AdrianJacek
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
That`s a DLC...

Nah... Patrice D. himself said that AC2 is not just a game, it's an experience and the DLCs are a part of this experience. By that logic the DLCs are a part of the game.

montagemik
01-03-2013, 07:41 AM
It's also from the LATER part of AC-2 - Towards the end . & Connor had learned just as much by that stage of AC-3 . So it's hardly a leap forward by ezio.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Nah... Patrice D. himself said that AC2 is not just a game, it's an experience and the DLCs are a part of this experience. By that logic the DLCs are a part of the game.
So I have to pay more Money to see Character development that should`v been in the final game for free ?? That`s like tearing a few, crucial, pages from the middle of a Novel and selling it back to you for extra money...

And You justify that.... didn't I say double standards ?

catkiller97
01-03-2013, 08:17 AM
D: :p

shobhit7777777
01-03-2013, 08:27 AM

+1

As awesome as the speech is.....Connor needed more work. More time. More meaningful events. More events to react to.

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
+1

As awesome as the speech is.....Connor needed more work. More time. More meaningful events. More events to react to.

EXACTLY. That why haythams part should have been shortened!

shobhit7777777
01-03-2013, 08:51 AM
EXACTLY. That why haythams part should have been shortened!

In retrospect.....No. IMO they should've stuck with Haytham throughout. Connor could've come in with a full blown title of his own AC4 or AC 3.5

AC3 doesn't do Connor justice and deprives me of Haytham's awesomeness

If AC3 were a person....I'd crotch-kick it till my foot was a bleeding stump.

ProletariatPleb
01-03-2013, 09:04 AM
In retrospect.....No. IMO they should've stuck with Haytham throughout. Connor could've come in with a full blown title of his own AC4 or AC 3.5

AC3 doesn't do Connor justice and deprives me of Haytham's awesomeness

If AC3 were a person....I'd crotch-kick it till my foot was a bleeding stump.
LMAO, yes.

We need more Templar screentime.

DarkDreamer95
01-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Yep. I LOVED the speech, but that and more would've made Connor awesome. Ezio was good, but Connor could've been better :/ If only Ubi hadn't made this a weird Haytham-Connor mashup -.- I like Connor, but you just have to read between the lines a lot to like him. Something that was totally not required with Ezio :P

LordWolv
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Something I've noticed after reading through this argument, is the people that think this speech shouldn't be included, are the ones that didn't understand Connor. Why they don't understand him isn't the point. I can respect that, because cuts from Ubi like this speech and probably throughout the game resulted in him not looking like a brilliant character on the surface. If we had those three extra sequences that were lapped up by Haytham's accent then I can almost guarantee that not only would there be no complaints about Connor's character, but also everyone would support this speech in the game. I only say this because on my second playthrough, I understood connor. That's why the argument of those who don't are not going to be very convincing to me.

Ezio was a much more manageable character - and I really respect Ubi for taking a step into the unknown with Connor. This speech could have been removed for several reasons, the main I think being that they were worried people would be uncertain about him (which they were). I think Ubisoft are the only ones to blame about this, I'd guess that they ran out of time, but I can see why the prospect of Connor returning in another game could be daunting to the people who can't quite pick up on his character yet. I'm sure Ubisoft will have plans for this somewhere - it's too beautiful to ignore. They just need to take a look at this thread to see. Maybe it wasn't suited for the end, but the start of the next game. I don't know.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Something I've noticed after reading through this argument, is the people that think this speech shouldn't be included, are the ones that didn't understand Connor. Why they don't understand him isn't the point. I can respect that, because cuts from Ubi like this speech and probably throughout the game resulted in him not looking like a brilliant character on the surface. If we had those three extra sequences that were lapped up by Haytham's accent then I can almost guarantee that not only would there be no complaints about Connor's character, but also everyone would support this speech in the game. I only say this because on my second playthrough, I understood connor. That's why the argument of those who don't are not going to be very convincing to me.

Ezio was a much more manageable character - and I really respect Ubi for taking a step into the unknown with Connor. This speech could have been removed for several reasons, the main I think being that they were worried people would be uncertain about him (which they were). I think Ubisoft are the only ones to blame about this, I'd guess that they ran out of time, but I can see why the prospect of Connor returning in another game could be daunting to the people who can't quite pick up on his character yet. I'm sure Ubisoft will have plans for this somewhere - it's too beautiful to ignore. They just need to take a look at this thread to see. Maybe it wasn't suited for the end, but the start of the next game. I don't know.
Connor was perfectly described by Corey..

"He`s not likable, he was never built to be likable, but he`s real"

They took a huge risk with Connor and I`m certain they knew people would not like him too much. Corey himself said it and yes I agree about the people who did not understand Connor.

LordWolv
01-03-2013, 09:57 AM

They took a huge risk with Connor and I`m certain they knew people would not like him too much. Corey himself said it and yes I agree about the people who did not understand Connor.
True - such a sentence could be missed, though. Corey was very much talking to the AC community I think when he said that. :p

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
True - such a sentence could be missed, though. Corey was very much talking to the AC community I think when he said that. :p
I know right ?? Felt that way xD

BATISTABUS
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Holy ****ing ****. Holy ****. Why was this not in the game? WHY THE **** WAS THIS NOT IN THE GAME? HOLY ****ING GOD WHY THE **** WASN'T THIS IN THE GAME???

That was ****ing beautiful. God****. I don't know how the hell some people can claim Noah is a bland/bad actor. Phenomenal writing as well.

WHY THE FLYING **** WASN'T THIS IN THE GAME???????!!!!!!!

VitaminsXYZ
01-03-2013, 10:38 AM

I'm curious now, where does Corey say that? I would love to see the source.

POP1Fan
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
It kinda sounds like Connor responding to his haters xD

YuurHeen
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
They should have made a full haytham game before making connor's.

avk111
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Well the speech kind of proved what you would understand in replaying the title 3 to 4 times , depends on what you want to get out of it.
but as a fan boy of Connor this is Excatly what was awarded to my understanding that Connor took everything in and accepted as a compensation for being an Assassin. Since his final verdict was never discussed " in terms of what he thinks in the end in terms of his village and his occupation as an assassin" only briefly with Juno, who for some reason I felt had some kind of sense of pitty on Connor, thus she tried telling him for him accomplishing his mission there was an opportunity cost, I.e. his village.

This speech by Connor just proves it , coming straight from the horses mouth. As they say, again in the end if you have a deep sense of understanding things this is just a supporting speech, however my only critic would be , as a player I think if it wasn't for the forum it wold have taken me more time to appreciate this character which could only mean the Devs were scattered in thier ideas at some point of time.

But some titles need to be replayed a gazillions times before understanding the whole plot and its nature, so that's just normal , we're just not used to it being in the assassins creed franchise.

pacmanate
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Whoever decided to remove this needs to get fired. This speech alone, this 2:30 minute speech made me feel more for Connor than I did playing the whole game! ****. Just ****. Seriously?!!!

GLHS
01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
That was really good. After reading through....I'm not sure how I feel. I loved Connor from the start, and didn't feel that he was bland or boring in any way. He's impulsive and all that, but I found him to be entertaining and honest. We all know why we love Ezio, but in all reality, he was more of a character created to be likeable. To be awesome and funny and sexy, but also human and prone to mistakes. Connor, which it's quite evident, wasn't. He wasn't created with the fangirls in mind. He seems to have been created with more of a reality based, every man's man. Not everybody has to be funny and charismatic to get the job done. He's honest, forthcoming, and does what's necessary to ensure the job's done correctly, without needing to be flashy or have an audience. It sorta reminds me of Raiden from MGS. He was created as a nod to the Japanese female fans b/c they felt Snake was boring and not sexy enough. It's not a secret that the MGS fanbase as a whole doesn't really like Raiden. A lot of them feel like he's a laughable inclusion. However, he was included and nonetheless, is important. Nobody's telling you that you have to like Connor, but you should still respect that he is important, and his position in the series. As his own character, not compared to every other Assassin.

I do agree that this was cut probably due to the fact that they didn't know how he'd be received. It could be included in DLC or the next game, but being included at the end would have solidified the fact that he knew what his life would be like till death. He learned that the battle will never end, and Assassin's and Templars will never see eye to eye. I agree that it shows growth of character, but it also could've been taken incorrectly as more of an epilogue or continuation of his character, when in reality, all they wanted to show was that he learned his purpose. This could be included anywhere. Concidering it was dug from the disk though....it's probably gonna be in DLC. Remember the 10 mins. of dialogue we got from the AC:R disk for TLA? Could be the same exact thing. There could be more that's undiscovered yet. Who knows. But overall, I am disappointed that this didn't make it in.

ace3001
01-03-2013, 03:27 PM
It's just like Mass Effect III's talk with Anderson all over again. Why did they exclude this from the game? :(

AjinkyaParuleka
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
This speech could have changed the rating of the game from like 8 to 9.5 lol.
I am gonna strangle the guy who removed this...
This also shows that Connor wanted his father to be at his side,in the game he showed like no concern for him after his death..and he also speaks of Assassins!

UncappedWheel82
01-03-2013, 05:36 PM
*clap*...*clap*...*clap*

That speach was awesome, apropriate, and...well...just awesome.

As a Connor fan, that speach solidified what I thought the Connor character was feeling, and what Ubi was going for with his character and story in general. Though it wasn't included in the actual game, after reading some of the comments here, I can see why it wasn't.

Honestly, personally, I feel the speach was too easy and blatant for the story they were telling. I really like having to dig into a story to understand what the writers were going for, though with AC3 I think if you were really paying attention all the signs were there. Had the speach been included I think it would have (could have) given a clearer understanding of Connor's character out right, but I don't think that those people who didn't pay attention, and/or just missed the nuances and subleties that literally are all over the AC3 story, would have magically come over to the "I love Connor team".

AC3's story was WAY more complex than AC2's, and like-wise, so was Connor. Many missed or just glossed over him because he wasn't as in your face as Ezio was, or like Haytham was.

Another thing that i think people are missing is the crossover between Connor's story and the over arching Desmond narrative. Connor was putting his faith in people just like Desmond does in the end. If the speach was included then it would have (imo) solidified, not just a return of the Connor character, but possibly Desmond's return too while creating a window into the future of the series. With the route Ubi took, it seems they tried to air on the side of "as open as possible", rather than committing to anything from past AC games, AC3 included.

Like what has already been posted and said, they weren't sure how Connor was going to be recieved.

Again I really liked the vid, and I for one will use it in the fight for Connor's to return.

SixKeys
01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm honestly surprised so many people think the speech was simply amazing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course, but I though it was just all right, not spectacular. The reason I'm glad they didn't keep it in the game is because IMO it would have made the ending more cliché with its "I have a dream" sappiness. Then again, I'm one of the few people who think AC2's beloved intro with the "may it never change us" exchange is one of the worst pieces of dialogue in the entire series...

UncappedWheel82
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm honestly surprised so many people think the speech was simply amazing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course, but I though it was just all right, not spectacular. The reason I'm glad they didn't keep it in the game is because IMO it would have made the ending more cliché with its "I have a dream" sappiness. Then again, I'm one of the few people who think AC2's beloved intro with the "may it never change us" exchange is one of the worst pieces of dialogue in the entire series...

Too each there own, but to clarify, to me Connor's speach wasn't moment of clarity for his character, or an inspiring piece of written/spoken material, it was the culmination of all the subtle story bits that were in the game, more of an "ah-ha" moment of pride than anything else..

White24Room
01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
I made a video about it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdt8AHuwwNs

ProletariatPleb
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I made a video about it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdt8AHuwwNs
Hey, aren't you the guy who used to ask for text of the AC videos?

White24Room
01-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Yes it was me for the making of :D

DTfunjumper
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Ubi.... Ubi..... Ubi.... NO!
This made me feel for Conor the first time and gave me the shivers. THIS was what i was waitring for, EXACTLY THIS, and you cut it out?!

FirestarLuva
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
This has to be in a DLC or next game. Please Ubi! Make it happen! This proves Connor is not a character with rushed writing and weak story. :'(

ElvisMasur
01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
It's beyond my understanding why they didn't include that. So beautiful, specially because as an epilogue, it would have fitted the game very well, since Connor's personality only showed up near the end of the game.

Jarek23
01-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Great find, this is great. Just another reason to question Ubi's many insane decisions with AC3.

GoldyTart
01-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Great find, this is great. Just another reason to question Ubi's many insane decisions with AC3.

Considering one of Ubisoft Montreal's other popular game is based on insanity (Far Cry 3) I say it spread to the AC team as well :p

Rankya_94
01-04-2013, 05:12 AM
This has to be in a DLC or next game. Please Ubi! Make it happen! This proves Connor is not a character with rushed writing and weak story. :'(
This.

OmegaRomik
01-04-2013, 06:27 AM
The reason why its because its to deep.... no movie or game ever carries on dialouge like this because its a little to much. I know i want to make a movie about gun crimes and make a character about how much he wants to band him but if i make a scene where lets say hes in the sidewalk and rants and rants and speaches about guns people would be like "OMG hes he gonna do something?" it doesnt sell and doesnt get to the point. what i think though that this scene just needs a little work :).

TrueAssassin77
01-04-2013, 06:48 AM
AC3 is a very subtle game. This speech would have proven what advanced readers have suspected all along about Connor's Story and personality. But sometimes AC3 is to subtle for the non-advanced readers i.e The connor haters. The guys who thought connor was bland and lacked personality. This speech would have basically shouted to the lower readers what the story was about. Because the majority of people who didn't like connor simply lacked the reading comprehension skills to notice the subtle hints about his character.

Reasons:

Give advance thinkers, comfirmation on what they suspected all along
Spells it out, for those who lacked the ability to read "between the lines"

dxsxhxcx
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
AC3 is a very subtle game. This speech would have proven what advanced readers have suspected all along about Connor's Story and personality. But sometimes AC3 is to subtle for the non-advanced readers i.e The connor haters. The guys who thought connor was bland and lacked personality. This speech would have basically shouted to the lower readers what the story was about. Because the majority of people who didn't like connor simply lacked the reading comprehension skills to notice the subtle hints about his character.

Reasons:

while I agree with you that this could show to some players what was subtle in the game, I don't think this would change the mind of the majority of the players, the problem here is that they want another Ezio, I'm glad they decided to create a more serious character for AC3, Connor is really cool and reminds me a lot of Altair (his background was really interesting, it's a shame they didn't explore it more in the game), I can see his character growing a lot if they decide to make another game about him, this epilogue only confirms that..

Mardarkin
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM

Yeah, yeah, you're an "advanced" reader. Yet this out-take confirms what I had read into Connor's motivation and personality, yet I still didn't, and don't in hindsight, enjoy his role as the protagonist at all. How do you explain that, all-knower?

UncappedWheel82
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah, yeah, you're an "advanced" reader. Yet this out-take confirms what I had read into Connor's motivation and personality, yet I still didn't, and don't in hindsight, enjoy his role as the protagonist at all. How do you explain that, all-knower?

You may not like his character, or its portrayal, but even still I hope (I think) you can see his motivation and understand why he was the way he was. If you can't see that, than that is the point the other poster was talking about.

You may not like Connor, and you don't have to, but to have an active hate for his character, not wanting to see his pros, but only focusing on his cons, is a flawed way of going about things.

Mardarkin
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I didn't hate everything about Connor, and would like to think I understood the ambiguity of his role in the Revolutionary War. It was his particular petulance - and conviction that his petulance was warranted when faced with wiser, more experienced characters - that bugged me. I found myself agreeing with his enemies or critics on a regular basis, mainly because Connor really had idealism as his sole defence and weapon. I'm an idealist IRL, but I still found his naivety somewhat frustrating. It's the height of subjectivity, of course, our perception of the character's flaws and strengths. I was just objecting to the idea that to like Connor wholly you have to be an "advanced" reader. I'm no stranger to literature, but I still found Connor's arc unsatisfying.

SixKeys
01-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Reasons:

LOL, of course everyone who disagrees with your opinion about Connor is just not an "advanced reader". Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. :D

UncappedWheel82
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
@Mardarkin:

To each their own, and I appreiciate your willingness to explain your view point as you have a lot of valid points. If you didn't like Connor's "dreamer" mentality, or took issue with his general niavety about the human condition, then no one can fault you. Maybe you are just more of a realist than you care to admit. Remember though, that he was 14 when he left his "family", and 17 when he first was "forced" to take his first human life. By the end of AC3 he was only 25 so he had a jam packed life with love, tragedy, gain, and loss. Though Connor learned to be a killer by vocation, he was still a conflicted kid wanting to save the world, and himself, from the death and destruction the world seemed to long for.

That is why i love this character. Through the game Connor made compromise after compromise, altering his own convictions and learning through experience, what the world is truly like; that is real...that is what happens every day. People - kids - rebel, and fight, and strive to find the answers for themselves not wanting to beleive that they are the one that is wrong, or that things are as bad as people say, and that things could/can be better. That is Connor in a nutshell. He had his beliefs and was steadfast in them, that is what makes his character (imo) so compelling.

Though the world around him told him that he would fail, and that he was wrong, he believed not only in himself, but in all people, and even when the colonists proved him "wrong" in the end, he still believed that a better future was possible. Even his nay-sayers came around, and while they may not have agreed fully with all his views, they respected his conviction, and in Achilles' case, trusted his judgement.

Was he truly wrong though? Was his niave and dreamer vision of the world just a pie in the sky fantasy that was unwarranted and unjustified? I'd say no. The Homestead, his Homestead, was proof of what he believed in. Connor proved his words through action despite the rest of the world around him not being for the ideal he fought for.

And also, just to add, I'd say of all the main assassins, Connor was the one who matured the fastest, and was/is on his way to being possibly the best of the main assassins. Ezio, nor Altair, learned that love and respect of all people was the backbone of there creed until later on in life. Connor's passion convictions were his reasons for fighting from jump, and his passion and conviction were only strengthened throughout this story.

Edit:

Question. Do you think if Ezio, or Atlair, were in the Achilles role in this game that they would have been more like Connor? Or more like Achilles (and by exention Haytham).

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
@Mardarkin:

To each their own, and I appreiciate your willingness to explain your view point as you have a lot of valid points. If you didn't like Connor's "dreamer" mentality, or took issue with his general niavety about the human condition, then no one can fault you. Maybe you are just more of a realist than you care to admit. Remember though, that he was 14 when he left his "family", and 17 when he first was "forced" to take his first human life. By the end of AC3 he was only 25 so he had a jam packed life with love, tragedy, gain, and loss. Though Connor learned to be a killer by vocation, he was still a conflicted kid wanting to save the world, and himself, from the death and destruction the world seemed to long for.

That is why i love this character. Through the game Connor made compromise after compromise, altering his own convictions and learning through experience, what the world is truly like; that is real...that is what happens every day. People - kids - rebel, and fight, and strive to find the answers for themselves not wanting to beleive that they are the one that is wrong, or that things are as bad as people say, or that things could/can be better. That is Connor in a nutshell. He had his beliefs and was steadfast in them, that is what makes his character (imo) so compelling.

Though the world around him told him that he would fail, and that he was wrong, he believed not only in himself, but in all people, and even when the colonists proved him "wrong" in the end, he still believed that a better future was possible. Even his nay-sayers came around, and while they may not have agreed fully with all his views, they respected his conviction, and in Achilles' case, trusted his judgement.

Was he truly wrong though? Was his niave and dreamer vision of the world just a pie in the sky fantasy that was unwarranted and unjustified? I'd say no. The Homestead, his Homestead, was proof of what he believed in. Connor proved his words through action despite the rest of the world around him not being for the ideal he fought for.

And also, just to add, I'd say of all the main assassins, Connor was the one who matured the fastest, and was/is on his way to being possibly the best of the main assassins. Ezio, nor Altair, learned that love and respect of all people was the backbone of there creed until later on in life. Connor's passion convictions were his reasons for fighting from jump, and his passion and conviction were only strengthened throughout this story.
http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/image/5492

TheHumanTowel
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Reasons:

http://i.imgur.com/wnxIn.jpg
Must have a 95% appreciation of Connor to join. No plebs allowed.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wnxIn.jpg
Must have a 95% appreciation of Connor to join. No plebs allowed.
That awkward moment when an advanced reader`s club commercial has wrong spelling..

Megas_Doux
01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I love this!!!!!!!
Another reason to regard connor as my favorite assassin!! Anyone who decided to rule out this commited - at least to me- a huge mistake.......

ProletariatPleb
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM
No plebs allowed.
Leave then >_>

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
That awkward moment when an advanced reader`s club commercial has wrong spelling..

Does it?

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Does it?
Yeah it says "though" instead of "through"

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah it says "though" instead of "through"

So it does :eek:
I tried to look so hard for the spelling error and couldn't find anything :p

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
So it does :eek:
I tried to look so hard for the spelling error and couldn't find anything :p
It may have been excusable if Towel was the one with the mistake, but it`s the original poster itself xD

Kaschra
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
After watching the video with Connor's added dialogue Clement4492 made... I think I prefer the version without his speech, the normal version we got in the game.
The speech is nice, but I like that he doesn't say a word, that he's silent. It just fits better IMO.

FirestarLuva
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
@Mardarkin:

That is why i love this character. Through the game Connor made compromise after compromise, altering his own convictions and learning through experience, what the world is truly like; that is real...that is what happens every day. People - kids - rebel, and fight, and strive to find the answers for themselves not wanting to beleive that they are the one that is wrong, or that things are as bad as people say, and that things could/can be better. That is Connor in a nutshell. He had his beliefs and was steadfast in them, that is what makes his character (imo) so compelling.

Couldn't have said it better. :3

masterfenix2009
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
@Mardarkin:

Edit:

Question. Do you think if Ezio, or Atlair, were in the Achilles role in this game that they would have been more like Connor? Or more like Achilles (and by exention Haytham). Not to mention he was 5 when he watched his mother get burned alive. (in response to your first paragraph)

UncappedWheel82
01-04-2013, 10:37 PM
@ masterfenix2009:

True. Someone please tell me that watching your mom die, and feeling helpless about it, wouldn't/couldn't give someone a hero complex.

Then trying taking it in that it was your dad who may (or may not) have been the one who did it.

Connor was a pretty scarred individual to say the least.

TrueAssassin77
01-04-2013, 10:47 PM

Reasons:

Just so we are clear. I'm not calling anyone stupid because they dislike connor. I'm calling people stupid for thinking connor has no personality, no story, and so on. Some people do have good reasons for not liking connor(Voice acting for one. Thou i persoanlly think it was superb)but some have bad reasons for disliking connor(Not an ezio clone, because he's a native american, simply don't understand his character, the list goes on),

The speech simply wouldhave spelled it for the people who didn't understand connors motives and personality. Which were a vast majority of people.

Toa TAK
01-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Found this earlier today myself, glad to see a thread on it.

As a Connor fan, this was a great epilogue that was recorded, and the YouTuber did a great job of adding the perfect music behind the speech.

For the speech itself, it was great and it pretty much spelled out what Connor believed in and what he learned throughout the course of the game. I completely agree with those who think this wasn't entirely necessary, because the game itself makes this pretty obvious on its own. I'm not a very smart person at all, but this speech was exactly what I though the endgame with Connor was gearing at for him personally as a person. But, I'm not against it being in the game sometime in the future (if they ever patched it in). It's great because it's blunt about Connor at the end, even when the game has already presented his situation as such. It spells it out for people who didn't quite catch it, and for people who needed a final verdict on whether or not to embrace this character and his journey.

But yeah, with 100% on this game already, I'm itching for the DLC soon. I want more Connor, and that's something I never said with Ezio.

cmrggamer
01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
@Mardarkin:

I just wanted to say that this was beautiful stated. :)

I really like Connor as a character and I found this deleted epilogue speech really nice but I'm kind of glad it wasn't included. I kind of like the subtlety of the game because in a way it made more powerful to me. You can get the same feelings that this speech describes at the end of the game, as you watch Connor change as a character and his view on the world. A true writer does not tell what they can instead show, which is part of the reason I think AC3 has one of the stronger stories.

shobhit7777777
01-05-2013, 09:53 AM
BTW I wanted to thank the OP for posting....it lead to the ONE piece of music I was sorely missing. That theme is haunting, beautiful and apt - fits Connor like a glove.

lothario-da-be
01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
BTW I wanted to thank the OP for posting....it lead to the ONE piece of music I was sorely missing. That theme is haunting, beautiful and apt - fits Connor like a glove.
Beatifull said, and i want to thank the OP too. I like Connor a lot more now!

LordWolv
01-05-2013, 01:23 PM
No problem guys. :D

I've found your ideas really interesting on the subject, I'd type out my own but you've made all the points I would.

reddragonhrcro
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Maybe we get to hear this in a future DLC?

dewgel
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Maybe we get to hear this in a future DLC?

It can't be stressed enough, there is no more DLC coming besides The Tyranny of King Washington. Which will have no reason for this.

If Haytham appears in that DLC, I don't think it make any sense for that particular speech to appear.

I just generally think they cut it. Stupid of them.

FirestarLuva
01-05-2013, 11:37 PM

It's actually three different themes mixed together.
First is Ratonhnhaketon Theme (variation of Connor's Life), then from 0:53 is The War is Over and from 1:37 Victory of the Chesapeake :3

I just wanted to say that this was beautiful stated. :)

I really like Connor as a character and I found this deleted epilogue speech really nice but I'm kind of glad it wasn't included. I kind of like the subtlety of the game because in a way it made more powerful to me. You can get the same feelings that this speech describes at the end of the game, as you watch Connor change as a character and his view on the world. A true writer does not tell what they can instead show, which is part of the reason I think AC3 has one of the stronger stories.

I agree with the last part. AC3's story may not be the best as a whole, but Connor's part of the story really is a lot more powerful than previous stories, at least for me. Really liked how his story and character were different and not cliche despite the numerous themes for stories and hero archetypes we have today.
If I had to describe AC1's, AC2's and AC3's stories, it would be;
AC1 - Dark and mysterious
AC2 - Epic and endearing
AC3 - Emotional and subtle