PDA

View Full Version : Pirate game based on AC3 engine

TehDude03
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm about halfway through AC3 and I have really enjoyed the naval aspect of the game so far. It got me thinking, no truly awesome pirate game has really ever been made - and none recently that I know of.

I would really(really really) like to see Ubisoft create a Pirate game based on the AC3 engine. I think the following would make for an incredibly awesome game:

Ports and Cities that you can explore with your character and perform missions in.
Different ships you can capture or purchase, each with different attributes
Ship upgrades(like AC3 but expanded)
Crew that you can equip, upgrade and that gain experience (and maybe that could be killed in battle?)
A trade system that involved buying and selling cargo at different ports that is carried on your ship(inventory space determined by the type of ship)
The ability to raid ships at sea to capture their cargo(like a Spanish galleon) or even capture the ship
A main story line, as well as an expansive world that can be freely explored with many side quests(think Skyrim)
Some ridiculously expensive or hard to get items - something that requires you to amass a large amount of wealth to purchase. Something like your own island, or a really incredible ship - something for players to work towards that is actually somewhat hard to get.
A pirate hideout(basically the same thing as the homestead in AC3, only with pirates)
A hardcore mode that involved having to pay for repairs to your ship, your crew can die, etc. - Realistic. I don't think it would be that hard to implement and I think a lot of us hardcore gamers would enjoy the challenge.

I'm no programmer, but I would think much of the heavy lifting is already done. A lot of the graphics and art from AC3 could be copied directly since the period is nearly the same.

I really think that the potential for success for a well done pirate game is huge - the reason that no game has been successful is that they haven't been able to combine the naval battles with the land based action. AC3 already did it.

I'm looking forward to reading the opinions of the rest of the forum members.

AssassinSilus
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Really good Idea, or perhaps a dlc which includes these things and you can raid British trade routes from Canada and the Carribean :).