PDA

View Full Version : Cant Launch AC3

ftaffe
01-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Ok so i redeemed my free copy of AC3 via geforce. I went through the check-out with ubi etc. I downloaded the game, have it installed along with Uplay. When i log into Uplay it does NOT list my AC3 in the "my games" section. I can manually use file explorer and go to the install directory and try to launch either single/multiplayer and that gives an error about not finding Uplay, though they are all installed and proper?

Is there some type of bug where Uplay does not list games that you got free or whats the deal?

ftaffe
01-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Not sure if any of this will make a difference but my specs are below.

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Core i7 - 930
12gigs Gskill ram
1 x Intel SSD (80gigs for OS only)
1 x Patriot SSD 120 gigs (games only)
1 x Mushkin SSD 128 gigs (etc.)
1 x WD 1TB HDD
EVGA 690 GTX Classified GPU
Corsair 850 watt power supply

I have the email confirmation confirming my free copy (purchase) with the download link. Its been downloaded and installed, but when i sign into uplay it lists 0 games. Cant launch the game through the individual files on the AC3 directory either........ Maybe this download and free game just wasnt worth the time.

hoodrat94
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
If the game is connected to steam, and you don't open it through steam, then it happens. On screen it show like free games or buy games. Should not happen in your case though.
BTW those are some killer specs man!

ftaffe
01-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I wished it were a steam key, i tried to activate it on steam but its not a proper format :(. Ive yet to see the splash screen of AC3 although everything is installed etc. I dont even know if the code is even activated yet as i cant even get the game to launch and this POS uplay wont show any games.

thanks, i love this system and it plays everything without a sweat on max settings so i cant wait to try this game. its my first attempt at any of the AC distros.

hasonmare
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
the game is connected to steam, and you don't open it through steamhttp://www.dvxs.info/a129.jpg

ftaffe
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
the game is connected to steam, and you don't open it through steamhttp://www.dvxs.info/a129.jpg

wtf are you talking about? its NOT through steam, its through uplay on ubisofts website.

ftaffe
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
So is there ANY support from Ubisoft? Im so thankful that i did not purchase this game, because this looks like a very bad company to do business with. I really feel for others who purchased this or any other games.