PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft...

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Can you remove Ezio's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood outfit and give us the Assassin's Creed Revelations outfit? AC:R's outfit is a lot better.

ToughGuy31
01-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Can you remove Ezio's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood outfit and give us the Assassin's Creed Revelations outfit? AC:R's outfit is a lot better.
Yeah, I thought the ACR outfit was better too, and would fit more. But why replace it, why can't we have both?

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I thought the ACR outfit was better too, and would fit more. But why replace it, why can't we have both?

They'd have to expand the outfit section, which I don't see them doing. It's more plausible they would remove Brotherhood's and replace it with Revelations' outfit.

Aphex_Tim
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Not gonna happen.

DELTA Kristian
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I would love to.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
They'd have to expand the outfit section, which I don't see them doing. It's more plausible they would remove Brotherhood's and replace it with Revelations' outfit.
If you`re so sure that they wont expand an outfit section, why request an Outfit altogether ? replacement yes, but if they wont do an extra section, then they sure as hell wont bother doing a whole outfit..

TrueAssassin77
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I hate most of the outfits. Ezio's need to be removed. Altairs needs to be removed. Connor should be getting suits relevant to him. HOW IN THE HELL. do you complete full sych with Connor Kenway and get Altairs armor? that literally defeats the whole ideaology of full synch. Connor should have unlocked some armor relevant TO HIM. also the aquillia outfit makes no sense considering HE NEVER WORE THAT SUIT. something else that defeats AC idealogy of full synch.

the_atm
01-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I hate most of the outfits. Ezio's need to be removed. Altairs needs to be removed. Connor should be getting suits relevant to him. HOW IN THE HELL. do you complete full sych with Connor Kenway and get Altairs armor? that literally defeats the whole ideaology of full synch. Connor should have unlocked some armor relevant TO HIM. also the aquillia outfit makes no sense considering HE NEVER WORE THAT SUIT. something else that defeats AC idealogy of full synch.
I 100% agree my friend.

ToughGuy31
01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
And this my friends, is why we need some sort of menu instead of a rack.

dewgel
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
They had to re-model both Altair and Ezio's outfits to suit the new engine and the new animations. AC3 began development immediately after AC2, which at the time had Brotherhood into development. Thus, they used Ezio's model from Brotherhood. (which is what they used a placeholder throughout development)

It's not as easy as just importing a model this time, it would clip like crazy and glitch out with the new animations etc

Just be happy with what you've got. It's an optional extra outfit. This game is Connor's game, not Ezio's game. Go play Revelations if you want Ezio's Revelations outfit.

Death_Aflame
01-03-2013, 03:22 AM
They had to re-model both Altair and Ezio's outfits to suit the new engine and the new animations. AC3 began development immediately after AC2, which at the time had Brotherhood into development. Thus, they used Ezio's model from Brotherhood. (which is what they used a placeholder throughout development)

It's not as easy as just importing a model this time, it would clip like crazy and glitch out with the new animations etc

Just be happy with what you've got. It's an optional extra outfit. This game is Connor's game, not Ezio's game. Go play Revelations if you want Ezio's Revelations outfit.

If they did have to re-model them, then why does the gauntlet shine like glitter when up against the light? Or how about the knife holster on his back? How about the suits literally being glued on Connor? It should look and move exactly like Connor's suit. Not to mention the Outfit has throwing knifes on the right shoulder, yet you don't get throwing knifes...

Death_Aflame
01-03-2013, 03:24 AM

The Aquila Outfit is worn every time you do a Naval mission.

You get the Altair Outfit for completing full synch because Ubisoft knows Altair is the best of the best and the master, therefore they are basically saying "Congratulations for completing AC III on full synchronization. Have the Master Assassin, Altair's Outfit."

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 03:48 AM
You get the Altair Outfit for completing full synch because Ubisoft knows Altair is the best of the best and the master, therefore they are basically saying "Congratulations for completing AC III on full synchronization. Have the Master Assassin, Altair's Outfit."
That was the crappiest thing you ever said since you signed up here..

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 06:15 AM
The Aquila Outfit is worn every time you do a Naval mission.

Or Altair's outfit could simply have been unlocked after full synch because the roots of the game, both literally and storyline, is STILL based on the war that Altair started and Ubisoft wanted to still represent the game that spawned their most successful franchise. It could also be in there because there are still a lot of fans (myself included) that prefer Altair to any of the other assassins available. It could also have been included because after being included in AC2 and ACB and ACR and PoP and (if memory serves correctly) PoP:TFS, fans have come to expect being able to dress their Ubisoft characters as Altair.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 06:51 AM
the war that Altair started
That`s not quite correct. Altair never started a war..

Also, how the hell do you people come up with such crappy excuses that it is justified to get ALTAIR`S outfit, for 100% Syncing CONNOR`S memories ?? That means that at some point, Connor DID get Altair`s outfit...Where the hell did he get it from ?? It`s irrational and stupid. You`re not supposed to get an outfit that makes no sense for 100% Syncing an ancestor that had NOTHING to do with the Outfit.

Desmond had 100% Sync with Ezio in AC II by unlocking Altair`s armor. It had context and its own set of missions.
Part of 100% Sync in ACB is getting the Brutus armor, which again made sense, because it`s in context and has its own set of missions.
Part of 100% Sync in ACR is getting Ishak Pasha`s Armor, which also made sense, because it`s in context and has its own mission.

All these outfits and armors were acquired by Ezio...when did Connor acquire Altair`s outfit ? It was always a SKIN in previous AC games, not an obtainable outfit...Ezio never got Altair`s Outfit..

TrueAssassin77
01-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Also, how the hell do you people come up with such crappy excuses that it is justified to get ALTAIR`S outfit, for 100% Syncing CONNOR`S memories ?? That means that at some point, Connor DID get Altair`s outfit...Where the hell did he get it from ?? It`s irrational and stupid. You`re not supposed to get an outfit that makes no sense for 100% Syncing an ancestor that had NOTHING to do with the Outfit.

Desmond had 100% Sync with Ezio in AC II by unlocking Altair`s armor. It had context and its own set of missions.
Part of 100% Sync in ACB is getting the Brutus armor, which again made sense, because it`s in context and has its own set of missions.
Part of 100% Sync in ACR is getting Ishak Pasha`s Armor, which also made sense, because it`s in context and has its own mission.

All these outfits and armors were acquired by Ezio...when did Connor acquire Altair`s outfit ? It was always a SKIN in previous AC games, not an obtainable outfit...Ezio never got Altair`s Outfit..

It so bad that i literally felt no desire to do full sync. It would just completely ruin the immersion for me

Death_Aflame
01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I always have Alta´r's Outfit equipped, mainly because I loved him in AC I and *SPOILER* AC:R. Plus, Connor's combat skills are awesome, and his climbing is incredibly fast, so I play AC III with Alta´r's outfit because I've always wanted Alta´r to be like Connor (Combat and climbing speed wise).

_______OFF TOPIC_______

What cheat does the Pivot lota give you? I know exactly where it is, when I pick it up, the sound of it's presence is still there and no notification comes up. Then when I travel back to Boston, and I go back to Pivot lota's position, it's respawned. What cheat does it give you? I need to know so that I can see if it's worth the trouble of re-installing AC III or if I can skip it.

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 02:19 PM

"That war that your ancestor [Altair] started, it's still going on."-Lucy talking to Desmond (AC2 beginning)

Since when do unlockable have anything to do with the context of the game? You complete all the Animus Training in ACB, and you unlock Raiden's armor. What exactly does MGS have to do with AC?

And all these outfits acquired by Ezio actually HAD significance in the story, however, not EVERY outfit you could unlock for Ezio fell into this category. I don't see why there can't be a little fudge space here for Connor when turning a blind eye to all the extra Ezio outfits we've had over time, especially since, as I said before...

It could also have been included because after being included in AC2 and ACB and ACR and PoP and (if memory serves correctly) PoP:TFS, fans have come to expect being able to dress their Ubisoft characters as Altair.

Maybe the reason is simply because the fans EXPECT it to be in the game after, what, 5 games (from 2 franchises) Ubisoft has made includes it? There doesn't need to be a reason for there to be unlockables.

By comparison, what was unlocked in ACB or ACR for 100% sync, because if memory serves correct (again) all I got was a trophy. And the one for ACB had to be patched in with the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 05:14 PM
"That war that your ancestor [Altair] started, it's still going on."-Lucy talking to Desmond (AC2 beginning)

It`s AC I and if she`s referring to the Assassin-Templar war, then she`s wrong. the assassins and templars were at war long before Altair.

Since when do unlockable have anything to do with the context of the game? You complete all the Animus Training in ACB, and you unlock Raiden's armor. What exactly does MGS have to do with AC?
You dont quite understand. 100% Syncing is different from any skin Unlock. That`s what it always was. When you 100% an Ancestor you get something relevant to said ancestor.

And all these outfits acquired by Ezio actually HAD significance in the story, however, not EVERY outfit you could unlock for Ezio fell into this category. I don't see why there can't be a little fudge space here for Connor when turning a blind eye to all the extra Ezio outfits we've had over time, especially since, as I said before...
See above. i`m strictly speaking about 100% Syncing the Ancestor`s memory.

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 06:10 PM
It`s AC I and if she`s referring to the Assassin-Templar war, then she`s wrong. the assassins and templars were at war long before Altair.

Nope. AC2. After they break out of Abstergo and go into hiding the first time, Lucy and Desmond are talking about training via the animus and while Desmond is asking about 16 and Ezio for the first time, Lucy speaks that line. She doesn't clarify what war she's talking about, but I would assume it's the war over the Apple. Speaking of which, I noticed that Altair's apple was completely absent from this game, which is another thing that bothered me about this SP.

You dont quite understand. 100% Syncing is different from any skin Unlock. That`s what it always was. When you 100% an Ancestor you get something relevant to said ancestor.

I'm pretty sure I do understand, just forgot about Desmond skin (ACB) and Elderly Altair (ACR). That being said, why was there no backlash for unlocking either of these outifts with 100% sync? Desmond is in no way an ancestor to Ezio, nor is he Ezio, so the 100% sync unlock is NOT relevant to that ancestor and Ezio had nothing to do with Desmond. By comparison, when unlocking Elderly Altair outfit, you are again playing as Ezio, and Altair is not Ezio's ancestor, nor is he Ezio, therefore the 100% sync unlock is AGAIN not relevant to this ancestor who had nothing to do with that outfit. Yet AC3 is getting heat for including an Altair outfit as a 100% unlock because....
You're not suppose to get an outfit that makes no sense for 100% Syncing an ancestor that had NOTHING to do with the Outfit.

Now I know I didn't include the AC2 Altair armor because it is REQUIRED as part of Ezio's story. All other outfits are extra unlockables, including the Armor of Brutus, Ishak Pasha's armor and the Master Assassin's armor. Additionally, all these in-game unlocks (prior to 100%) are armors and have a direct effect within the game (extended health bar comes to mind) that the other outfits (including the 100% unlocks) do not. Even the CAPES you earn in AC2 and ACB have a direct effect within the game.

So let me reiterate:
I don't see why there can't be a little fudge space here for Connor when turning a blind eye to all the extra Ezio outfits we've had over time

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Nope. AC2. After they break out of Abstergo and go into hiding the first time, Lucy and Desmond are talking about training via the animus and while Desmond is asking about 16 and Ezio for the first time, Lucy speaks that line. She doesn't clarify what war she's talking about, but I would assume it's the war over the Apple. Speaking of which, I noticed that Altair's apple was completely absent from this game, which is another thing that bothered me about this SP.
*sigh* I`m not going to argue much. Show me when Lucy said that line in AC II, also, Altair`s apple was destroyed in an experiment by Abstergo. It`s said so in AC I.

I'm pretty sure I do understand, just forgot about Desmond skin (ACB) and Elderly Altair (ACR). That being said, why was there no backlash for unlocking either of these outifts with 100% sync? Desmond is in no way an ancestor to Ezio, nor is he Ezio, so the 100% sync unlock is NOT relevant to that ancestor and Ezio had nothing to do with Desmond. By comparison, when unlocking Elderly Altair outfit, you are again playing as Ezio, and Altair is not Ezio's ancestor, nor is he Ezio, therefore the 100% sync unlock is AGAIN not relevant to this ancestor who had nothing to do with that outfit. Yet AC3 is getting heat for including an Altair outfit as a 100% unlock because....
SKIN...SKIN, not outfit. IT`S A SKIN. and regarding Altair`s Mentor outfit, it can very much make sense. Ezio visited Altair and his Skeleton was wearing that outfit, SO MAYBE Ezio took it, but it`s still a SKIN. Connor had literally NOTHING to do with Altair

Now I know I didn't include the AC2 Altair armor because it is REQUIRED as part of Ezio's story. All other outfits are extra unlockables, including the Armor of Brutus, Ishak Pasha's armor and the Master Assassin's armor. Additionally, all these in-game unlocks (prior to 100%) are armors and have a direct effect within the game (extended health bar comes to mind) that the other outfits (including the 100% unlocks) do not. Even the CAPES you earn in AC2 and ACB have a direct effect within the game.
What ? No. Altair`s armor is as optional as any other Ultimate armor and all of them have an effect..

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 10:29 PM
*sigh* I`m not going to argue much. Show me when Lucy said that line in AC II, also, Altair`s apple was destroyed in an experiment by Abstergo. It`s said so in AC I.

Alright, it was bothering me so I loaded up AC2. You were right on this one, I got things confused (been playing over them all recently, kinda running together a bit). As far as Altair's apple goes, is it confirmed that the apple destroyed in AC1 was from Masyaf? I could have sworn it was just referenced as an apple, with no clarification where it came from. After some digging on the AC wiki, I found where it says that apple was destroyed. Still don't recall seeing it in-game though. Oh well.

SKIN...SKIN, not outfit. IT`S A SKIN. and regarding Altair`s Mentor outfit, it can very much make sense. Ezio visited Altair and his Skeleton was wearing that outfit, SO MAYBE Ezio took it, but it`s still a SKIN. Connor had literally NOTHING to do with Altair

And yet you, who speak of double standards, completely ignored the Desmond skin unlock. You know? The one for completing ACB 100%? How did Ezio get that skin if, apparently, he has to interact with Desmond at some point? Also, don't disillusion yourself: Elderly Altair was a SKIN and not an OUTFIT in ACR (since we are making this distinction).

What ? No. Altair`s armor is as optional as any other Ultimate armor and all of them have an effect..

Apparently we have different definitions of "optional"....

-AC2-Unlocking Armor of Altair requires 6 keys found in the Assassin's tombs and you CANNOT finish the game WITHOUT having to complete the "optional" tombs, therefore it IS required, however it is done so before completion of the story line, which invalidates a 100% sync claim. (Rebecca even says "To achieve 100% synchronization with Ezio, you need to get that armor," a statement which REQUIRES you to get the armor to get 100% sync, not leave it as an option). In fact, there is a point in the game where you cannot continue without all the Coex pages AND the Armor of Altair; if that doesn't make it a requirement, I don't know what does.

-ACB-Unlocking Armor of Brutus requires 6 keys found in the Lairs of Romulus and you CAN finish the game WITHOUT having to complete the "optional" lairs.

-ACR-Unlocking Master Assassin armor requires you to train 6 master assassins. This is also an option, as you are not required to hire assassins (just like ACB) with the exception of a single story mission.

Again, all these things have a direct effect in the game (extended health bar and not able to be damaged). How does playing ACB as Desmond or ACR as Elderly Altair have an effect on the game? They are SKINS for completing the games 100%, not outfits since they don't affect anything in the game other than your character's appearance.

Now, admittedly, I don't know how the outfits in AC3 work, mostly because I didn't care enough for the game to try unlocking any of them. Do they change anything in the game other than your character's appearance? If not then they are skins.

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
And yet you, who speak of double standards, completely ignored the Desmond skin unlock. You know? The one for completing ACB 100%? How did Ezio get that skin if, apparently, he has to interact with Desmond at some point? Also, don't disillusion yourself: Elderly Altair was a SKIN and not an OUTFIT in ACR (since we are making this distinction).
That`s what i said. It`s a goddamm SKIN...hear me now again..SKIN !! not an Outfit...SKIN...DESMOND WAS A SKIN and Mentor Altair was a SKIN..I only said it MAY make sense, but it`s still A SKIN...NOT OUTFIT...SKIN....SKIN...NOT OUTFIT..and you don't get Desmond for 100% ACB. just sequence 8 and it`s a SKIN...not present on Armor racks...SKIN and it`s explained that the Animus obtained this SKIN from it`s databases...SKIN..OK ? In ACR it`s obtainable by collecting Animus data fragments..So no 100% Here.

-AC2-Unlocking Armor of Altair requires 6 keys found in the Assassin's tombs and you CANNOT finish the game WITHOUT having to complete the "optional" tombs, therefore it IS required, however it is done so before completion of the story line, which invalidates a 100% sync claim. (Rebecca even says "To achieve 100% synchronization with Ezio, you need to get that armor," a statement which REQUIRES you to get the armor to get 100% sync, not leave it as an option).
That`s incorrect. You can finish AC II without getting Altair`s armor.

Now, admittedly, I don't know how the outfits in AC3 work, mostly because I didn't care enough for the game to try unlocking any of them. Do they change anything in the game other than your character's appearance? If not then they are skins.
That`s a rather crappy argument. Just because it`s only cosmetic does not mean it`s a skin. It`s present in the outfit rack...TANGIBLE OUTFIT RACK IN CONNOR`S MANOR WHICH EXISTS IN CONNOR`S MEMORIES. These outfits are not skins. they`re outfits...

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I'll start by apologizing for the mistake regarding Desmond's skin and Altair's armor outfit. Again, been playing a lot of the old games and they're running together. I'll also apologize for threatening your extremely powerful beliefs about proper outfit/skin/armor unlocks. I still don't see why it's such a travesty that Altair's outfit is unlocked in AC3. However, if you won't distinguish between a skin and an outfit, then there is no way to continue this conversation. What makes an outfit different than a skin? The fact you can see it on a rack if you decide to go to the nook in the game the rack is on? You realize every cape and skin since AC2 has been labeled as an outfit? Where is the distinctive division between the two so they may be more appropriately defined and allow a discussion where neither of us is frustrated? I felt my distinction was fairly accurate...

-Skin- Purely cosmetic alteration to the appearance of the game character.
-Outfit- Alteration of the look of a game character while also modifying gameplay (either positively or negatively) for the gamer.

And in line with ALL of this; does the game distinguish between skins and outfits? Do you have a separate load screen for alternate skins while all your outfits sit on racks?

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 11:25 PM
there is no way to continue this conversation
It is for the best...

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
It is for the best...

Fine with me.

MT4K
01-03-2013, 11:33 PM
I'll just jump in and say my personal distinction between them is....

Skin = Something chosen from the animus menu and not something the ancestor actually acquired.
Outfit = Something the ancestor actually acquired and used and collected himself.

In that sense i don't like the Altair or Ezio outfits/skins in AC3 because there is no logical reason for Connor to "own them". They should have put such out of place outfits/skins into a menu like in past games and left the rack for actual time period outfits that make sense to have.

Sorry for butting in, but i couldn't resist :p. I'll leave now :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
01-03-2013, 11:44 PM

Skin = Something chosen from the animus menu and not something the ancestor actually acquired.
Outfit = Something the ancestor actually acquired and used and collected himself.

In that sense i don't like the Altair or Ezio outfits/skins in AC3 because there is no logical reason for Connor to "own them". They should have put such out of place outfits/skins into a menu like in past games and left the rack for actual time period outfits that make sense to have.

Basically what I wanted to say in a nutshell. I`m not against having the skin. I`m against it being treated as an acquirable outfit without any mention of it`s context...

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 11:45 PM

I can live with that as a definition. As such, I can understand why you don't care for the out of place outfits. Of course, that begs the question, would you consider the capes from AC2 and ACB skins?

MT4K
01-03-2013, 11:49 PM
I can live with that as a definition. As such, I can understand why you don't care for the out of place outfits. Of course, that begs the question, would you consider the capes from AC2 and ACB skins?

I don't really consider them either. More like "extras". I suspect it wasn't out of place for families to have their own "capes" and walk around showing off what family they belong to and such. I could be wrong but in that context it could be seen as realistic to consider them "outfits".

But i personally just see them as "extras". They don't really change the outfit itself. It's just something added onto it :p.

If you put a gun to my head though and made me choose between outfit or skin. I'd say outfit because Ezio could himself go to a store and change the cape's appearance himself. Which makes sense.

PantherophisG
01-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't really consider them either. More like "extras". I suspect it wasn't out of place for families to have their own "capes" and walk around showing off what family they belong to and such. I could be wrong but in that context it could be seen as realistic to consider them "outfits".

But i personally just see them as "extras". They don't really change the outfit itself. It's just something added onto it :p.

Also a flow-up question. What if an extra set of outfit racks was added to AC3 and they are filled with period-appropriate attire? Would the out of place outfits on the other racks still be qualified as "outfits" or re-designated as "skins".

MT4K
01-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Also a flow-up question. What if an extra set of outfit racks was added to AC3 and they are filled with period-appropriate attire? Would the out of place outfits on the other racks still be qualified as "outfits" or re-designated as "skins".

I'd prefer any "out of place" outfit to not use the racks at all. By using the racks it is kind of implying Connor himself actually used it or at least owned it. But like i said before. There's no logical reason for Connor to "own" Ezio or Altair's outfits and so should be relegated to a menu in the animus and become "skins" :p. Then they could fill those gaps with even more period and realistic outfits that people want like say a redcoat outfit :p.

PantherophisG
01-04-2013, 12:07 AM
I'd prefer any "out of place" outfit to not use the racks at all. By using the racks it is kind of implying Connor himself actually used it or at least owned it. But like i said before. There's no logical reason for Connor to "own" Ezio or Altair's outfits and so should be relegated to a menu in the animus and become "skins" :p. Then they could fill those gaps with even more period and realistic outfits that people want like say a redcoat outfit :p.

Are there any skins/outfits NOT on a rack in AC3? Is it possible, with all the changes to the animus menu, that they wanted to separate that part out to help with navigating the menu or possibly because it echoed the armor racks of AC2/ACB/ACR since everyone was familiar with them? Which kind of brings me back to my original point: Maybe Altair's outfit is in the game because fans EXPECT it to be in some capacity.

MT4K
01-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Are there any skins/outfits NOT on a rack in AC3? Is it possible, with all the changes to the animus menu, that they wanted to separate that part out to help with navigating the menu or possibly because it echoed the armor racks of AC2/ACB/ACR since everyone was familiar with them? Which kind of brings me back to my original point: Maybe Altair's outfit is in the game because fans EXPECT it to be in some capacity.

Nah everything is using the racks in AC3 sadly. I wish they did separate them but oh well. I don't mind them being included. I just wish they would make sense in the game's own universe. We have this device called the animus and it was a nice way to separate and add out of place outfits like the Desmond skin and Raiden skin and things through the animus menu and have it make sense in the game's own universe.. Why couldn't they just do that again? Oh well.

Not a big deal of course. I just wish they cared about things making sense in their own created universe :p.

PantherophisG
01-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Not a big deal of course. I just wish they cared about things making sense in their own created universe :p.

This seems to be a larger and larger problem as the franchise progresses. I think they have made some poor design choices in their universe this game. Enough that I don't really have a desire to go through my standard 100% completion.

TrueAssassin77
01-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Ideaology behind 100% sync: To play the memeories of the ancestor excatly as they did. Also to win something that is relevant to the ancestor.

Broken ideaology behind 100% sync in AC3: To play the the memeroies of Connor exactly as he did. He apparently is stupid considering he makes it as hard as possible on himself for no reason accoriding to the optional objectives. He somehow gets altairs and ezio outfit without ever even knowing about altair and never obtaining ezio's through his actions.