PDA

View Full Version : Shard of Eden Theory is right ? SPOILERS!

DoNNiEDaRkO50
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
So I've been wandering in the forums and I saw some people saying that the shard of Eden powers was transferred to Desmond due to the bleeding effect and that Desmond is still alive, Which is like saying that Desmond can wield the apple powers without holding it. So I was watching the third modern day mission on Youtube and something caught my attention.
Right at the beginning of this video , the Guard shoots Desmond and the shard of Eden protects him ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J8UNuO_5Wc
So the hell did this happen? It's not even possible.

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 02:07 AM
So I've been wandering in the forums and I saw some people saying that the shard of Eden powers was transferred to Desmond due to the bleeding effect and that Desmond is still alive, Which is like saying that Desmond can wield the apple powers without holding it. So I was watching the third modern day mission on Youtube and something caught my attention.
Right at the beginning of this video , the Guard shoots Desmond and the shard of Eden protects him ?

Who cares? Desmond's dead, as Ubisoft said: "This is the finale of Desmond's story."

DoNNiEDaRkO50
01-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Who cares? Desmond's dead, as Ubisoft said: "This is the finale of Desmond's story."

Lol I care, and this is why I made this Thread -_-

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Lol I care, and this is why I made this Thread -_-
It`s a glitch. Bleeding effect only transfers abilities, not materialistic abilities..

Jexx21
01-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Why are people mean?

ToughGuy31
01-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Why are people mean?
IKR, he was only asking a question, and everyone shot him down.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 07:05 AM
IKR, he was only asking a question, and everyone shot him down.
I guess straight forwardness is shooting down now eh ??

I`m so sorry I did not put a little pretty little smiley at the end..or cracked an unnecessary joke...maybe then I`d be up to standards ?

montagemik
01-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Has anyone tried the Desmond missions on a 2nd playthrough Without collecting the shard of eden as Connor to see if desmond still has this magical shield ??

Aphex_Tim
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I'll just copy my post from the previous thread on this subject:

That doesn't make any ******* sense.
The Shard that Connor finds averts metal. You see it first with mr. Faulkner's flask and later bullets from muskets. It also confirmed the legend of Captain Kidd not being able to get shot.
It doesn't "protect you from any harm" and it's abilities most certainly cannot be obtained through the bleeding effect.
Like someone above said, that would be like Desmond being able to fly because Ezio used Leonardo's flying machine.
The fact that Desmond has it during the Abstergo mission is indeed just a glitch.

ProletariatPleb
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Two reasons:

1) YOU ARE OVERTHINKING. It's just an oversight that ring's effect from Connor is left on Desmond, they forgot to remove it.

2) Shard of Eden works on METAL. Musket balls are metal. Dying by touching a pedastal is not the same.

Has anyone tried the Desmond missions on a 2nd playthrough Without collecting the shard of eden as Connor to see if desmond still has this magical shield ??
I never got the ring in my first playthrough, there were no "shields"

GLHS
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty positive this is a glitch. As I said in the other thread, object's abilities do not transfer. But I didn't get the shard till towards the end, and I never had it protect me. So it's just a glitch that transferred the ability over to Desmond after leaving that sequence with Connor.

ShardofTruth
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
The effect is also transfered back to Haythem if his memories are replayed by the way.

I still wonder if somebody didn't get the shard before the Rio mission and still has the same glitch. Maybe it's just another effect of the apple, maybe Ubisoft was just too lazy to make another gameplay mechanic to excuse the modern hidden blade fighting. But transposing the effect through the Bleeding effect is just stupid, how would this even work?

dewgel
01-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Tis a glitch good sir. Nothing more.

Curious though, why did you need to make a new thread? Why not just post in the existing thread that you already established you had read. The discussion is there.

Regardless, like others have said, it doesn't avert death. I personally think it's another notion that Ubisoft were inspired by Metal Gear Solid (Fortune's bullet deflector from MGS2?)

It's simply a magnet sort of thing.

ToughGuy31
01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
You basically said, " It doesn't work that way you *******, it's a glitch.

Billybeans
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
How about having a shard of Eden or two or three or even an Apple in modern or semi modern times to help reflect bullets. That would be really awesome. Bullets don't work so they try to fight you hand to hand and your just this bad *** like Jesse James or Al Capone

dewgel
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM

It's just a glitch in the game mate, nothing more. Besides, the Shard only works as a negative magnet, which throws metal away from you, hence why Captain Kidd could avoid being shot etc, it wouldn't protect you from THE SUPER ORB OF DEATH

LightRey
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
It's just a glitch in the game mate, nothing more. Besides, the Shard only works as a negative magnet, which throws metal away from you, hence why Captain Kidd could avoid being shot etc, it wouldn't protect you from THE SUPER ORB OF DEATH
That's a bit of an oversimplification, but yes, it generates an magnetic field to deflect metallic objects such as bullets. This is also why TWCB considered a larger version to shield the planet (or a significant part of it), as the plasma from solar flares can be deflected by electromagnetic fields as well (as is the case with the earth's magnetic field).

Felix-Vivo
02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
What I want to know why the Shard clearly displays a 56 and Desmond's watch displays a 59 (or a 65, depending on what way you look at it). 59 isn't a time, and it doesn't change with time either. Meh. I'm researching it.

dewgel
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
That's a bit of an oversimplification, but yes, it generates an magnetic field to deflect metallic objects such as bullets. This is also why TWCB considered a larger version to shield the planet (or a significant part of it), as the plasma from solar flares can be deflected by electromagnetic fields as well (as is the case with the earth's magnetic field).

I'm aware of that, but I think oversimplifying it was necessary considering DonnieDarko thought it simply saved you from death itself. No need to push so many details into it

Will_Lucky
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Has anyone here not considered that perhaps...the APPLE OF EDEN on his own body is protecting him? Did that not occur to anyone here? A Shard, its got nothing on the final deal.

LightRey
02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Has anyone here not considered that perhaps...the APPLE OF EDEN on his own body is protecting him? Did that not occur to anyone here? A Shard, its got nothing on the final deal.
I doubt he was carrying the apple at the time. It was probably kept safe by William (y'know, the leader of the order).

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I guess straight forwardness is shooting down now eh ??

I`m so sorry I did not put a little pretty little smiley at the end..or cracked an unnecessary joke...maybe then I`d be up to standards ?

Yeah guys......EVERYONE'S entitled to an opinion. And no, that wasn't shooting anyone down, he was stating the facts. Heck, just the other day, Connor's bow magically appeared on Desmond during my 5th playthrough, and it wouldn't go away till his 2nd mission.....

Snakbarr
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I have a question regarding Desmond that I can't think my way around. Maybe one of you guys has a little more info. If Desmond is indeed dead how is he going to have himself a baby son???

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok.....what are you saying?

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 07:50 PM
I have a question regarding Desmond that I can't think my way around. Maybe one of you guys has a little more info. If Desmond is indeed dead how is he going to have himself a baby son???
maybe he already had an illegitimate son.....Remember in the Desmond mission ?? when he works at the bar on his first night, he`s approached by a Woman....flirting and all that and Desmond kept saying "let it go, Desmond. just let it go" Maybe he had an encounter that night and now we have Boris...(I`m just assuming that`s his son`s name)

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
If you mean for future protagonists.....that's a no......because the lineage ended with him. Next game will have new descendant, new ancestor, etc.,....

Will_Lucky
02-13-2013, 08:16 PM
If you mean for future protagonists.....that's a no......because the lineage ended with him. Next game will have new descendant, new ancestor, etc.,....

Not that you know of, Desmond may have had a little bit of Ezio in him and had many illegitimate children :P.

Snakbarr
02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
I've got a feeling that Desmond's story isn't over yet. It all comes back to what Clay said to Desmond regarding his son and his possible mission to find Eve. Before anyone disagrees and reminds me that the developers have stated that Desmond's story is over, remember they also say Nothing is true, everything is permitted....

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I've got a feeling that Desmond's story isn't over yet. It all comes back to what Clay said to Desmond regarding his son and his possible mission to find Eve. Before anyone disagrees and reminds me that the developers have stated that Desmond's story is over, remember they also say Nothing is true, everything is permitted....
They don't say that...

The Assassins do..

Will_Lucky
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I doubt he was carrying the apple at the time. It was probably kept safe by William (y'know, the leader of the order).

How was William supposed to keep it safe, man couldn't even properly wield the thing :D.

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:09 PM
How was William supposed to keep it safe, man couldn't even properly wield the thing :D.

I think Desmond had it in his bag or wherever all the time, you see him pull it out from nowhere at the very start when he opens the temple. I don't see any reason for William to have the Apple.

Also, I don't think the Apple would save him either.

LightRey
02-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Probably inside something like, y'know, a safe.

Abeonis
02-14-2013, 01:59 AM

No. Mainly because the Apple isn't capable of that feat; all the Apples' do is manipulate one's perceptions and, if utilised by somebody with a high TWCB concentration, physically control the victim. The ability to reflect bullets (or other metals) is not included in that list. The Apple isn't "the final deal", it is another product of First Civilisation design. (It's like comparing a Sedan to a Coupe, they both serve different purposes, and so have different specifications and abilities.)

LightRey
02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
No. Mainly because the Apple isn't capable of that feat; all the Apples' do is manipulate one's perceptions and, if utilised by somebody with a high TWCB concentration, physically control the victim. The ability to reflect bullets (or other metals) is not included in that list. The Apple isn't "the final deal", it is another product of First Civilisation design. (It's like comparing a Sedan to a Coupe, they both serve different purposes, and so have different specifications and abilities.)
I'm sorry, but it's quite clear that at least some of the apples have powers that go beyond mere illusions and mental control (recording messages, allowing people to see visions of possible futures, etc.). It is entirely unclear just what the limits of the powers of the apples are.

Aphex_Tim
02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
If you didn't obtain the shard with Connor BEFORE playing the Abstergo mission, Desmond has no protection from bullets.
It's just a f*ckin' bug! I can't believe this thread was revived AGAIN!

LightRey
02-14-2013, 11:24 AM
If you didn't obtain the shard with Connor BEFORE playing the Abstergo mission, Desmond has no protection from bullets.
It's just a f*ckin' bug! I can't believe this thread was revived AGAIN!
At least this discussion is constructive. Would you rather we all b*tch more about how random points of ACIII suck?