PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Dissapointment (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!)

Eliptocorisma
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I've been reading a lot of threads and everyone's focus seems to be technical glitches and game play issues. As the game is a huge program these things are in my opinion expected and of no real concern for me. It has always been about the story for me. The story of Altiar got me hooked and craving more. The combination of Historical fact and Fiction is amazing. Ezio's tale of epic triumphs and the building of the creed to monumental status was worth every second put into it or so I thought. all the time you are playing as these ancestors of Desmond's learning about them, their skills and their knowledge, specifically i thought to build up Desmond to be a huge protaginist later on in the series. It was even put in our heads that him living as Ezio was training him to be an ultimate assassin. He learned decades of training in a few short months. And all the while im playing this and investing time into the story and Desmond im waiting for the moment i really get to unleash Desmond into the modern world to fight the front-lines against Abstergo and the Templars i feel a sense of pride and accomplishment but also worry because the game hints at ill end for all, and of course my worry was not unjust because we get the key and unlock the door only to find a set of terrible choices ultimatley ended in the death of the man i so wanted to see be an assassin like no other with bearly any time spent being him. Such an un glorious end to man who deserved so much more time and play. It never happens you never really get to be Desmond the assassin. So dissapointed!!

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 04:30 PM
The reason you don't see as many Desmond story threads is because they were all moved to the 'hints and tips' section very soon after the game's release (for preventing spoilers) which was quite annoying. And I completely agree with everything you said in your post.

YuurHeen
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Well you do get to play 3 missions with desmond.

They just feel childish compared to missions you do with ancestor.

CC1138
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I don't think he died. I mean like you said, he "died" quite miserably and financialy, I don't think this will be the last Assassin's Creed game. They went with the "f*ck logic" route with Splinter Cell and Sam Fisher having him a little younger in Blacklist, so seeing Desmond in the next Assassin's Creed is even more likely as we only saw his hand's flesh burn.

PS: And, you're still in the Animus with Connor at the very end of the game.

Eliptocorisma
01-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Oh I'm sorry i didn't realize where they were. I hope i haven't made anyone too mad. I've never really started a thread before. I just felt compelled and desperate to find anyone else who shared my concern.
Is there anyway for me to move the thread or do i have to re-post it.

Eliptocorisma
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
@ CC1138 I hope your right.!!

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Oh I'm sorry i didn't realize where they were. I hope i haven't made anyone too mad. I've never really started a thread before. I just felt compelled and desperate to find anyone else who shared my concern.
Is there anyway for me to move the thread or do i have to re-post it.

No you don't have to move it, they were only moved from this section to the hints and tips section up until the PC's release, now it's fine to post the spoiler threads in this section

DELTA Kristian
01-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Well,here we feel the best EXP of Desmond... i am glad he finally kills somebody.

Eliptocorisma
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Well,here we feel the best EXP of Desmond... i am glad he finally kills somebody.

Its only for about 30 total minutes and it was in no way epic.

LordWolv
01-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Like CC1138 said, there is absolutely no indication that desmond is dead. He could be in a coma (again), he could simply be unconscious. AC makes too much money to write it off like that. Maybe he is dead, and we'll see a new character in a couple of years; but desmond is too thick in it now. He just released Juno into the world - simply killing off the person who did that would be, well, stupid.

TheBearJew32
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Like CC1138 said, there is absolutely no indication that desmond is dead. He could be in a coma (again), he could simply be unconscious. AC makes too much money to write it off like that. Maybe he is dead, and we'll see a new character in a couple of years; but desmond is too thick in it now. He just released Juno into the world - simply killing off the person who did that would be, well, stupid.
Well, they killed off lucy and "explained" the reasoning and truth behind it in DLC, which was stupid.