PDA

View Full Version : Getting 35 fps at Boston with %45 GPU %70 CPU usage shows how great the PC version is

ExitT0ExisT
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
So i just started playing today. my pc: 16gb ram, i5 2400 and 2gb gtx 670

I read before how people were getting low fps when they arrived at Boston, but i assumed the low frame rate was because of the resources used by the city area was more then the previous area, however after seeing that i'm getting 30 fps with %45 gpu usage abd %70 cpu usage, i'm shocked. I mean i would get a steady 60 fps if cpu and gpu were used fully. Once again, thanks ubisoft. I closed the game as soon as i arrived to boston.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-01-2013, 05:16 PM
ATM i guess getting atleast 30 fps is required for a smooth gameplay,Lucky me i get 30 fps too.

ProletariatPleb
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
So i just started playing today. my pc: 16gb ram, i5 2400 and 2gb gtx 670

I read before how people were getting low fps when they arrived at Boston, but i assumed the low frame rate was because of the resources used by the city area was more then the previous area, however after seeing that i'm getting 30 fps with E gpu usage abd p cpu usage, i'm shocked. I mean i would get a steady 60 fps if cpu and gpu were used fully. Once again, thanks ubisoft. I closed the game as soon as i arrived to boston.
Welcome to the club.

YazX_
01-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes you are right, but you can flash your MB bios and update your Intel chipset driver to support PCIEx 3.0 if you havent done so, because basically your video card should work against PCIEx 3.0 but because of sandy bridge CPUs dont support PCIEx 3.0 natively, its working now against PCIEx 2.0 which is bottle-necking it.

you might get around 10-20 FPS boost if you do that.

This game is CPU dependent and the problem it doesnt utilize except one core of it which is the case of most games as they are ported from consoles.

ExitT0ExisT
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Yes you are right, but you can flash your MB bios and update your Intel chipset driver to support PCIEx 3.0 if you havent done so, because basically your video card should work against PCIEx 3.0 but because of sandy bridge CPUs dont support PCIEx 3.0 natively, its working now against PCIEx 2.0 which is bottle-necking it.

you might get around 10-20 FPS boost if you do that.

This game is CPU dependent and the problem it doesnt utilize except one core of it which is the case of most games as they are ported from consoles.

This is the first time i'm hearing such a thing

spectatorx
01-01-2013, 07:27 PM
This is the first time i'm hearing such a thing
Because it is a myth. Difference in gpu performance between pci-express 2.0/2.1/3.0 s none. Difference is only in numbers of electrical energy which port can supply to gpu. Ok, there is a difference in bandwith but currently is no gpu able to benefit of this difference.

YazX_
01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Because it is a myth. Difference in gpu performance between pci-express 2.0/2.1/3.0 s none. Difference is only in numbers of electrical energy which port can supply to gpu. Ok, there is a difference in bandwith but currently is no gpu able to benefit of this difference.

oO, PCIex 3.0 doubles the bandwidth of PCIEx 2.0, so dont assume things that you are not aware of, you are assuming it has no performance impact, each gaming engine uses the PCIe bus differently , so some showed no impact, others shown 5-10% performance increase. In the games where the PCIe bus is used extensively , there is a performance impact. even Metro 2033 which has been released 3 years ago showed performance increase when used with PCIEx 3.0.

in addition, if you are running 2-3-4 way SLI, then PCIEx 3.0 will be very handy as you will lose lanes to each card (2@x8) but the bandwidth will compensate that and here is the major performance gain so its like 2@16x PCIEx 2.0.

However, even if he didnt notice a much of performance increase in AC3, he should update his bios and chipset drivers to get out the most of his hardware and i'm sure he will get a performance increase even if its slight one. i have never said its his hardware or his fault, its the game's fault for sure and the proposed solution might help, so dont jump in and post your smart comments like "Its a myth" as you know everything.

hitman47222
01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
You should consider yourself lucky if your getting 35 FPS lol. I get 22.