PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 1 blending bug?

Dundalis
01-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Im continually getting recognised despite blending when on horseback riding through the kingdom towards acre where it's heavily populated by guards. I thought blending is supposed to avoid dedection? Im not hitting on bumping into anybody but I am riding close to some guards which is inevitable because they are standing right in front of a narrow entrance to one of the villages.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? Or is it meant to be like that?

AjinkyaParuleka
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I don't think horse riding can blend you...I don't know lol I just didn't explore enough of the Kingdom,I prefered fast traveling then.

cmrggamer
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
I thought the only blending was with the scholars or sitting on benches.

YazX_
01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
There is no blending on AC1 except on benches and other certian locations -i dont recall-, walking with ppl or horse riding doesnt work, they just added blending with people in AC2.

No horse blending in all AC series even AC3.

Ferrith
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
In AC I you need to be always on low profile so as to avoid getting attention from the guards. The same applies on horseback: Just keep low profile key pressed and you'll be fine.

Dundalis
01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Blending is when you hold the space bar. On foot it makes Altair walks slowly with his head down and hands together like he's praying. On horseback he basically just puts his head down and rides slower.

I have no idea how it works in latter games this is the first time I've played this series of games, but in the tutorial at the start of the game it calls it blending, and says doing it avoids detection. But on horseback going through from Masyaf to Acre theres a section where lots of guards are a bit clumped together and even blending through it the whole way one of the guards always yells assassin and they run after me.

Annoying as I prefer playing the stealth way and avoiding detection and theres also a view point close to that area I want to get to. Plus I get killed pretty easily in combat at this stage.

Ferrith
01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Blending is when you hold the space bar. On foot it makes Altair walks slowly with his head down and hands together like he's praying. On horseback he basically just puts his head down and rides slower.

I have no idea how it works in latter games this is the first time I've played this series of games, but in the tutorial at the start of the game it calls it blending, and says doing it avoids detection. But on horseback going through from Masyaf to Acre theres a section where lots of guards are a bit clumped together and even blending through it the whole way one of the guards always yells assassin and they run after me.

Annoying as I prefer playing the stealth way and avoiding detection and theres also a view point close to that area I want to get to. Plus I get killed pretty easily in combat at this stage.

Well, whatever the tutorial says iit is actually a case of keeping a low profile. Don't worry; from your description I'm certain we are talking about the same thing.

Now, to get through the guards, there is also the option to run away and find a spot to hide till the guards go back to their duties. There are certain points through the Kingdom area you need to go on foot, not ridding. When you fight guards use the "Block" key till Altair's health goes up, if it is low; or, run, hide and come back when fully recovered.

Razrback16
01-03-2013, 02:06 PM
You can blend on the horse, but I never really messed around with it much in The Kingdom. I found The Kingdom so boring that I generally just sprinted on horseback to my destination if I wasn't allowed to fast travel to the city.