PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III: Rushed to meet the Mayan Calender Deadline.

Kendz242
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I am really not impressed with the newest addition, Assassin's Creed III. I was drawn into the story line of Assassin's Creed by the sheer brilliance of it and then some bright spark at Ubisoft said, 'Why don't we all of a sudden just change the story line completely and rush the job so that we can base the story on the Mayan calender world end prediction?', and everyone at Ubisoft lost all sense of respect for the game at this point in time and decided against all better judgement that this was a good idea! You guys ruined the game! Completely! What happened to Desmond falling in love with a Templar?? Did that go out the window? Because if it did, Lucy died in vain! This latest installment had all the right aspects to be another brilliant game. Ubisoft should have just kept the old story line instead of trying to go mainstream with the Mayan CRAP! Enough Said. R.I.P Assassin's Creed. :(

Razrback16
01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Agree. AC3 was definitely a disappointment overall. Not an AWFUL game but the ending sure was awful and I'm not a fan of the way they've gone with the storyline. I would really like to see them bring back the crews who worked on AC2 & ACB and have those guys and gals handle all future AC games because they just "get it".

TheLeoCrow
01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Um, have you played AC1? Did you read all the emails from AC1? Because it was all there, in those three computers. The satelite launch, the end date of December 21, 2012 etc. And ofcourse all the emails were dated 2012, AC1 took place in september 2012 if i remember correctly

bveUSbve
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Your are right (imo) in that the game would have needed quite some more development time.
And (imo) you are right in that some problems - not only story related - are of a fundamental nature. They might have been avoided by the former directors - but no one can say for sure.

You are wrong in assuming the series would NOT have aimed for Dec 21 2012 as the date of its (preliminary) culmination point right from the beginning...