PDA

View Full Version : Ambient music is coming back i swear!! Im not crazy.

Wolfmeister1010
01-01-2013, 06:41 AM
I am forced to give all the proof that through a NON AUTOMATED response from ubisoft support, they have confirmed that ambient music is being put back in. Here is the proof.

Okay here is my copied first suggestion to ubisoft regarding ambient music and npc voice issues:
The reason i gave a recent gquestion complaining about the lack of ambient music was because without it, freeroaming gets very boring. I have played previous games with and without background music, and i always have a better time playing with the music. Also, to make it worse, the civillians do not talk. Especially so in the frontier towns, you can walk to a market and not here a group of 15 people say a single thing while they are haggling. The same goes for in the cities. All civillians are moving around realistically and doing all of these jobs that are really cool, but they never talk. It takes away from the bustling feel of the cities and towns and markets. Even in the tea party cutscenes, and gameplay, you see a huge group of hundreds of people, but it sounds like a distant murmur instead of the explosion of chaos that it should be. Hundreds are shaking their fists and jumping, but their mouths stay strictly shut it seems. Try to picture that in your head. Im not asking to program individual voices for each npc, but create a very
Loud and permanent chatter background noise to cities and towns. I still think ambient music should be added, but at the very least, indrease the volume of the chatter that goes in the city, and increase the amount of chatter. The only way i can get civillians to tqlk
Ile they should is if i start a riot or throw money on the ground.

Here is the ubisoft reply:
Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in a future update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive in January.

Then i gave this response:
Which problem/issue are you tLking about. The lack of ambient music, or the lack of npc voices?

And ubisoft responded again:
Hello Zack,

We are referring to both issues at this time. We are aware of this issue at this time and have escalated the issue to the dev team. They are currently working on a fix for these sound issues. I believe that the update will arrive early in January, but I have no definitive arrival at this time.

SEE!!!!!!! It is not a lie created by me, it isnot a conspiracy. Ambient music will be returned to us in early january!!!!!! GOD i hate when people call me a liar. I hope this is all the proof you guys need. Thanks. Im not insane i promise.

Assassin_M
01-01-2013, 06:44 AM
You`re just so funny man xD not in a bad way:D

I really hope that`s true and like I said....I believe you and lets have faith, right ??

People do not really intend or mean to call you liar...People are here are just Cynical. AC III disappointed so many and Support has a bad reputation. i`m sure everyone want ambient music just as much...People don't want to get their hopes up

TrueAssassin77
01-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Ambient music played during connors teen years when he was hanging out with his friend...

beautiful. I'm so glad they are not hiding one of the highlights of the game anylonger. can't wait for the patch

pirate1802
01-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Ambient music played during connors teen years when he was hanging out with his friend...

beautiful. I'm so glad they are not hiding one of the highlights of the game anylonger. can't wait for the patch

Actually, ambient music is there whenever you are IN a mission, be it teen Connor or adult Connor, or even Haytham. But it isn't there when you're free-roaming. Like there is no ambient music at the beginning of sequence 5 when you make your way to Achilles's house.Which is mind-boggling given Boston has such a beautiful ambient score, but you can't hear them except in a couple of Haytham missions.

I'd be super happy if they address this in future. Music plays a big part in my immersion into an enviornment, and the reason I liked AC2 so much. It had awesome setting and awesome music to back it up. AC III has awesome environment but no awesome music to go with it.

SkiesSeven
01-01-2013, 09:18 AM
And ubisoft responded again:
Hello Zack,

We are referring to both issues at this time. We are aware of this issue at this time and have escalated the issue to the dev team. They are currently working on a fix for these sound issues. I believe that the update will arrive early in January, but I have no definitive arrival at this time.

It's certainly positive to know that Ubisoft have gotten word of the music issue, but I do think you're jumping the gun a little bit. "They are currently working on a fix for these sound issues" is actually rather vague. Now I would LOVE it if you were right about this, and they add music to free-roam in a January patch, but my instincts tell me that you're wrong, and that your enthusiasm is causing you to misinterpret things.

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I believe you, but I'm not getting my hopes up, it'll be nice if they do include it in the patch.

OriginalMiles
01-01-2013, 12:52 PM
You're crazy.

Just kidding, I hope it does come back.

IronEagl3
01-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I really hope they add it before I beat AC3 a second time. I don't see myself trying to beat it a third in the near future.

Jarek23
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I really hope this is true...

AjinkyaParuleka
01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I hope there's a patch for that in January.

Wolfmeister1010
01-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Actually, ambient music is there whenever you are IN a mission, be it teen Connor or adult Connor, or even Haytham. But it isn't there when you're free-roaming. Like there is no ambient music at the beginning of sequence 5 when you make your way to Achilles's house.Which is mind-boggling given Boston has such a beautiful ambient score, but you can't hear them except in a couple of Haytham missions.

I'd be super happy if they address this in future. Music plays a big part in my immersion into an enviornment, and the reason I liked AC2 so much. It had awesome setting and awesome music to back it up. AC III has awesome environment but no awesome music to go with it.

I completely agree. The ambient boston score is so great. Remember the mission where you have to tail the guy during the boston massacre?? That track is awesome. It is also in the e3 boston demo. It is beautiful. I like it, because unlike in ac brotherhood and revelations, where the ambient scores are bursting with happiness and emotion, as if to say "yay the city is better now!!" the score for boston is very calm and serene. Just like ac2's venice and florence themes, they are very neutral sounding. I love that.

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
I completely agree. The ambient boston score is so great. Remember the mission where you have to tail the guy during the boston massacre?? That track is awesome. It is also in the e3 boston demo. It is beautiful. I like it, because unlike in ac brotherhood and revelations, where the ambient scores are bursting with happiness and emotion, as if to say "yay the city is better now!!" the score for boston is very calm and serene. Just like ac2's venice and florence themes, they are very neutral sounding. I love that.

I thought the Boston ambient music was more dark and ominous (and completely different to AC2), which is the reason I loved it. It was very reminiscent of the feel of AC1

Wolfmeister1010
01-01-2013, 11:19 PM
I thought the Boston ambient music was more dark and ominous (and completely different to AC2), which is the reason I loved it. It was very reminiscent of the feel of AC1
Maybe your right. The dark feeling is very nice. It just sound more neutral compared to previous games. But yeah, the dark tone totally fits the gritty feel of ac3

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Maybe your right. The dark feeling is very nice. It just sound more neutral compared to previous games. But yeah, the dark tone totally fits the gritty feel of ac3

It's not a matter of being right or wrong since it's subjective, and the feel of music is something we perceive differently as individuals. But I do agree that the boston ambient music is more subtle, which I like :)

IronEagl3
01-02-2013, 03:41 AM
If they do add the ambient music, this is what they should be:

Frontier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6UrcNHARg) - I would prefer you to skip to 0:40 when the song gets much better

Boston (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8) - this could also work for new york

Homestead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bED79E906-A) - Obviously they have to put that song for sure <--

kriegerdesgottes
01-02-2013, 05:09 AM
It's a glimmer of hope! It does sound good. I figured they would just leave it like they did with Revelations.

Wolfmeister1010
01-02-2013, 05:16 AM
If they do add the ambient music, this is what they should be:

Frontier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6UrcNHARg) - I would prefer you to skip to 0:40 when the song gets much better

Boston (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8) - this could also work for new york

Homestead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bED79E906-A) - Obviously they have to put that song for sure <--
I dont agree with the frontier one. It sounds too dramatic and mission like to be a freeroam score. I agree with the momestead one and especially the boston one, which they could also tone down a little.

IronEagl3
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I dont agree with the frontier one. It sounds too dramatic and mission like to be a freeroam score. I agree with the momestead one and especially the boston one, which they could also tone down a little.

Perhaps it is a bit too dramatic. But all the other Frontier songs are even more dramatic. Maybe the viewpoint song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhyp-C4qoPc), but that's just way too boring. An example of a very dramatic one is this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGVSrxki-0&list=PL7kkLzWvoe9dLoyjE90H3_Wbfk5gGGCPb&index=16)

Dosenwabe
01-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Venice, Constantinople and Rome had multiple ambient tracks. I hope they do that for AC3 as well. There are many good choices.

CalgaryJay
01-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Whether the devs were refering to adding ambient music or just increasing NPC chatter/sounds, either way I'm happy. The cities need more noise, period.

MT4K
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Whether the devs were refering to adding ambient music or just increasing NPC chatter/sounds, either way I'm happy. The cities need more noise, period.

Probably increasing the volume and repetitiveness of the drummers in the patrols.... Because we don't hear that same bland tune often or loud enough.

ACfan443
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Probably increasing the volume and repetitiveness of the drummers in the patrols.... Because we don't hear that same bland tune often or loud enough.

Hahaha.
Whenever I encounter them, I make sure I kill the drummer first. That sound is more irritating than the beggars and crazy people in AC1.

Aphex_Tim
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Hahaha.
Whenever I encounter them, I make sure I kill the drummer first. That sound is more irritating than the beggars and crazy people in AC1.

But not nearly as annoying as these demon children....

ACfan443
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
But not nearly as annoying as these demon children....

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about them.
I want to know who's responsible for recording those laughs, the voice actor is clearly not human.

LordWolv
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about them.
I want to know who's responsible for recording those laughs, the voice actor is clearly not human.
It's fascinating that they spot you on the roofs when guards don't. It's like they have heads which can lean upwards.