PDA

View Full Version : When will the Holiday patch be released for PC?

Siili22
12-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello I was just thinking that have Holiday Patch (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums%29) really been released for PC and if it haven't when will it be.(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739417-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch) Here were noted that update were supposed to be updated at 18th of December, but that just why I'm asking this couse it seems that atleast my game haven't had any updated since I bought it and the issues that were supposed to be repaired in Holiday patch are still very much present. For example when equiping dual pistols the other one disappears or turns to complitely different pistol that i chose which is annoying and frustrating. If I choose to equip dual Royal Flintlocks after first loading screen other one is gone or turns to pitcarn pistol.

Addition to that I have still not found last two liberation missions in New York or Boston since they can't be found on the map and I don't know if they even exist since I have looked for help from Youtube and searched the whole area without finding em. There was also problem in sequence 10 cutscene where I atleast had no sound and the game crashed in mid-way trought the cutscene and resumed in nect sequence leaving me clueless what happened in it. Also the one of my convoy got attacked and it were supposed to be found in frontier to go and help out, but I can't find it anywhere since there is no indicator in the map. It once came to map during the mission but at that point I were not able to go there or it would have lead to desyncronaztion.

I have to say that it's pretty disappointing to have all these problems and this was just a tip of the iceberg of the glitches and problems in the AC3 on PC. I understand that it's open world game and there may be and usually are some bugs but these are kind of annoying and effect on gameplay. Also the optimization of the game is so poor that my newest i7 3770k and nVidia GeForce GTX 670 run the game only little bit above 60FPS on medium quality and in Boston and New York at some areas it may drop even below 40. And this is not becouse of my computer couse your other visually stunning game Far Cry 3 runs on Ultra settings at 70-90 FPS so...

I'd like to ask that when will these be patched on PC? I have heard that they are repaired on console side but us PC gamers are again being ignored by Ubisoft probably due piracy, but I don't find it fare that the ones that actually like to support your company needs to suffer for it. I have bought every AC game and have been very pleased on them all on the story side but these annoying bugs and preformance problems are ruining the experience of AC3. :(

spectatorx
12-31-2012, 06:58 PM
The patch will be released next year :D

SaDem99
12-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you know that taylor swift song ? the game will never ever ever get patched for pc.
why ? because ubisoft is busy !
'busy doing what random stranger on the internet?' busy spending the money of little kids who use consoles and probably don't even know anything about the ac franchise.
'Wow , is that true ? what's the proof' the proof is that they were saying that they are aware from the day that i was requiring assistance from my parents to make a poo-poo .

McJobless
12-31-2012, 10:46 PM
2013 here, and no patch in sight. I really hope Kiev doesn't have a public holiday like my country does.

anidais
12-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Apparently, a patch is in the works for early January but from what I've read it won't fix the frame rate issues.

Razrback16
01-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Apparently, a patch is in the works for early January but from what I've read it won't fix the frame rate issues.

For those of you with frame rate problems, I know AMD has not even released a single optimized driver yet, so hopefully that one is coming. NVidia has released one, and I have read on some other forums that they are working on another to boost performance as well, so I hope you guys get some relief with that asap.

Siili22
01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
For those of you with frame rate problems, I know AMD has not even released a single optimized driver yet, so hopefully that one is coming. NVidia has released one, and I have read on some other forums that they are working on another to boost performance as well, so I hope you guys get some relief with that asap. Well I should not have any preformance problems with my specs I have i7-3770k, nVidia GeForce GTX 670, and 8 gb RAM -.- I don't know how they failed AC3 PC version so bad even when they worked on it for an extra month..
Since Far Cry 3 have been released there have been no problems at all atleast with me, MP works fine, I haven't found even a single glitch yet and the game has stunning visuals with good preformance.. But AC3, MP didn't work at all at first, horrible texture bugs and popup unless you put Uhigh but when you do the FPS can drop to below 30 in the cities especially harbor area. And I don't get it why SP is so few graphic adjust settings but it MP there are more options. One of the worst PC ports since GTA 4..

Razrback16
01-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Well I should not have any preformance problems with my specs I have i7-3770k, nVidia GeForce GTX 670, and 8 gb RAM -.- I don't know how they failed AC3 PC version so bad even when they worked on it for an extra month..
Since Far Cry 3 have been released there have been no problems at all atleast with me, MP works fine, I haven't found even a single glitch yet and the game has stunning visuals with good preformance.. But AC3, MP didn't work at all at first, horrible texture bugs and popup unless you put Uhigh but when you do the FPS can drop to below 30 in the cities especially harbor area. And I don't get it why SP is so few graphic adjust settings but it MP there are more options. One of the worst PC ports since GTA 4..

Yeah what surprises me the most is that some people are having such big problems with the fps in AC3, while others are not. Mine runs great, and I see some others with similar rigs having major issues. I am hoping for more optimized drivers to be released by both of the big vid card makers to increase performance, and perhaps a patch from Ubisoft if the problem is indeed related to their engine.