PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Saddest Game Character Deaths? *SPOILERS*

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 09:06 PM
What's your top three saddest game character deaths?

Mine are:

3: Desmond's Death in Assassin's Creed III >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCSzMIujln8

2: Achilles' Death In Assassin's Creed III >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWddwpDe_U

And finally, the most saddest game death I have ever saw is..... Mother's Death In Medal Of Honor: Warfighter >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq00HEGFxzU

Mothers' death actually made me cry, something game deaths have always failed to do to me.

pacmanate
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Well mine is and always will be John Marston. All the time he was trying to undo his past and be good. He tried to save his family, and then he is just killed in the end. Very sad.

YuurHeen
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
My number 1 saddest death in a game: Mordin. Mass effect 3.

some more I really felt sad or shocked about:
in assassins creed:
Ezio
Altair
Haytham
Maria
cristina
Clay

Mass effect
Mordin
Legion
Thane
Shepard

Other:
John Marston
C&C (killed by ea)
Zeke (infamous 2)

death tale but not seen ingame: Fallout new vegas vault 11 oversereers and the survivor in honest hearths

lothario-da-be
12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Well mine is and always will be John Marston. All the time he was trying to undo his past and be good. He tried to save his family, and then he is just killed in the end. Very sad.
ah John Marston good times... it almost feels like ac2.
And for me its Ezio, his death wasn't in a game but it was so touching.

misterB2001
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Yusuf in Revelations. Came as a complete surprise and i was gutted.

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM

Fair enough!

rileypoole1234
12-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Mine's gotta be Ezio. He was probably my most most loved character of the current gen and to see him as a little baby and then die as an old man really touched me.

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Mine's gotta be Ezio. He was probably my most most loved character of the current gen and to see him as a little baby and then die as an old man really touched me.

In the Assassin's Creed franchise, mine would be Alta´r.

My favorite quote from Alta´r is:

Assassin: " I bet you're eager to put your tongue to his boot.. "

Alta´r: " Another word and I will put my blade to your throat. "

I just heard it because I'm restarting AC I's story :D

ACfan443
12-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Lucy's death, even though I didn't like her. It came as a complete shock at first, then when it sank in, it was quite upsetting.
Altair's death and John Marston's death - they were done well.
I was sort of upset with Desmond's death, but it was done so badly that emotions couldn't come through properly, and it became disappointing rather than upsetting.

austria-jumpa
12-30-2012, 11:15 PM
1.Zeke (Infamous 2)
I screamed at my screen when Cole killed him

2.John Marston.

3.Achilles.

kuled2012
12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
John Marston (Red dead redemption)
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbCrnszLai5eEPRwV68ulDRbOe440VX QjI02yyweK1u3p_dCcsQA
The Boss (Metal gear solid 3)
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1fQqZxtWHaeUEqskM6mpjTAGpIaOl-edyz3gWubVHRwAgtfFZ
The Joker (Batman: Arkham City)
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZbnpbu0UYv-d1VJ2ai0xz0c4ctmYbGoQaB5QpvL2lQYUJP9TF

Assassin's creed related:

Maria Thorpe
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDaPMEUyeGKolRUapJrtsyMkfCrpi8S L9QL1Agh2wGajKtMEYNrQ
Cristina Vespucci
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFY7BHiC8xZmQysUua-z_cCmEmBQnZfilKbA7zycZJtHU0oluZug
Altair.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNj3hS5J8I7SbLs-4kpvxNJjD8Axg8eqqSlqwJseKho1EtwD1FRQ

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
I stick with my #1..

ZusupaTanhi
12-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Me? Oh gosh...

1) Altair
2) Lucy
3) Malik

exkrima
12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
sad
1. aerith/aeris(final fantasy vii, well its my first rpg game)
2. joker (batman AC)
3. ezio

annoyed for their death
1. lucy
2. desmond
3. dante white haired (dmc)

TheHumanTowel
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
This thread is a spoiler goldmine and is evidence of why this forum badly needs some kind of tag system to hide spoilers.

ACfan443
12-31-2012, 12:13 AM
This thread is a spoiler goldmine and is evidence of why this forum badly needs some kind of tag system to hide spoilers.

When the title of the thread is "saddest video game character deaths" it would be logical to assume it will be riddled with spoilers

TheHumanTowel
12-31-2012, 12:36 AM
When the title of the thread is "saddest video game character deaths" it would be logical to assume it will be riddled with spoilers
I'm not annoyed that there's spoilers in this thread. I'm saying that it's impossible to view this thread without getting spoiled for something because the forum has no spoiler tag system. Not blaming people in this thread.

Death_Aflame
12-31-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm not annoyed that there's spoilers in this thread. I'm saying that it's impossible to view this thread without getting spoiled for something because the forum has no spoiler tag system. Not blaming people in this thread.

The title is: Top 3 Saddest Game Character Deaths? *SPOILERS* meaning, obviously it has spoilers.

XLT sMasHerZZX
12-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I can't come up with top 3, So i'll list the saddest I know.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR QUITE A FEW GAMES

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect 3
John Marston from Red Dead Redemption (Defently number 2 on my list)
Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed: Embers
Bill Overbeck from Left 4 Dead
Achilles from Assassin's Creed 3
Dom Santiago from Gears of War 3 (Defently number 3 on my list)
Jackie from Sleeping Dogs
Roman Belic from GTA IV
Big Sweet from GTA: San Andreas
Lee Everett from The Walking Dead (Defently number one on my list)
Roland from Borderlands 2
Johnny Gat (Unknown if dead) From Saints Row The Third
Cortana from Halo 4
Desmond from Assassin's Creed 3
RIP, You god **** heroes.

TheHumanTowel
12-31-2012, 01:54 AM
The title is: Top 3 Saddest Game Character Deaths? *SPOILERS* meaning, obviously it has spoilers.
I'm talking about a tag system that let's you hide spoilers unless you want to see them. Other forums have them. Like the text would be blanked over and the poster could put "Red Dead Redemption Spoiler" beside it and then when you hover your mouse over the text it's revealed. Problem solved.

Megas_Doux
12-31-2012, 02:04 AM
John Marston!
Gray Fox
The boss

AC franchise:
Ezio┤s Family Members
Connor┤s best Friend
Altair and Ezio
Yusuf

H4rry Pl0pper
12-31-2012, 03:30 AM
John Marston hands down, The Joker (mostly because it's Mark Hamil's final performance as The Joker), Agent 47 in Blood Money, I know technically he doesn't die but it still cut me deep initially.

Zephiel16
12-31-2012, 05:04 AM
Mine are:
#3) Zeke in InFamous 2 (I actually hated Cole for this)
#2) Achilles
#1) The Joker in Batman: Arkham City

I don't know how Ezio died so I can't say.

Assassin_M
12-31-2012, 05:09 AM
Big Smoke and Ryder (GTA San Andreas)
John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
Roman Bellic (GTA IV)
That Chicken (Harvest moon back to nature)
My X-Veemon (Digimon world 3)

I intentionally omitted AC games deaths

N0nstph3adsh0t
12-31-2012, 08:11 AM
i believe the saddest i believe for me are:
Frank woods
Alex mason

I believe Alex Mason is the saddest because he was shot by Frank woods who lived with that guilt till he was killed by Raul Menendez.

That are the two i believe to be the saddest.

GLHS
12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
SPOILERS (OBVIOUSLY)

Lee from The Walking Dead
Duck from The Walking Dead
Altair from AC
Ezio from AC
Connor's mom from AC (Just felt so bad for him, ya know?)
Christina from AC
I would say Desmond, and I always really thought I would cry, but they really did a poor job of relaying emotion. The idea still sucks though.
Kratos from God of War (was a crazy moment)
Kratos' family (he technically had to kill Calliope twice, when denying her in the Elysium Fields in CoO)

That's all I got for now, but I'm sure there's probably more. But seriously, Lee's death in The Walking Dead tops it for me. It's funny, b/c I had more attachment to almost everybody else on the list, but the end of that game is the saddest thing I've played, like ever. Great game, but I can't remember crying that much after any other game. Telltale deserves their GotY win.

pacmanate
12-31-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm talking about a tag system that let's you hide spoilers unless you want to see them. Other forums have them. Like the text would be blanked over and the poster could put "Red Dead Redemption Spoiler" beside it and then when you hover your mouse over the text it's revealed. Problem solved.

Yeah but it has spoilers in the title so.

TheHumanTowel
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah but it has spoilers in the title so.
How many times do I have to say this? I'm talking about a system where if you write something like this X Dies that text will be blanked over and will only be revealed if you hover your mouse over it. So even if you go into this thread you'll only get spoiled for stuff you choose yourself instead of the possibility of loads of spoilers unless you've played every game ever.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Who's John Marston?A char in a game I missed?

ACfan443
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
How many times do I have to say this? I'm talking about a system where if you write something like this X Dies that text will be blanked over and will only be revealed if you hover your mouse over it. So even if you go into this thread you'll only get spoiled for stuff you choose yourself instead of the possibility of loads of spoilers unless you've played every game ever.

I myself understand what you mean by the spoiler tag(I've seen it being used on other forums) but a thread like this is solely based off spoilers, therefore you'd have to spoiler tag every single post, which would be kinda stupid.
But in general I agree that there should be a spoiler tag system, it would be useful in other threads
EDIT: if you spoiler tagged 'x died' you wouldn't be able to tell whether you're going to be spoiled by that character , since it's hidden. So you'd have to check either way

TheHumanTowel
12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
EDIT: if you spoiler tagged 'x died' you wouldn't be able to tell whether you're going to be spoiled by that character , since it's hidden. So you'd have to check either way
You'd put like Red Dead Redemption spoiler: [spoiler]x died[/spoilers]. Then you'd know what the spoiler is for so you wouldn't have to check.

pacmanate
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Who's John Marston?A char in a game I missed?

One does not simply "miss" Red Dead Redemption!!

TrueAssassin77
12-31-2012, 08:00 PM
some of you have to understand the difference between Sad and Touching. Ezio's ending wasn;t sad. He died a happy man. Looking at his family with a smilke on his face. His death is touching. Made you wanna cry not because it was a sad death but because it was a touching momment. As of now I don't have a saddest deaths. maybe altari. maybe

OriginalMiles
12-31-2012, 08:19 PM
None, I don't cry or get sad over fictional characters.
Though when I found out Desmond dies I was in a sort of denial.

CartopBALTO
12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Haytham...

MatejPuk1997
12-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Ezio and John Marston. Also Cristina Vespucci dying in Ezio's hands.

xboxauditore
12-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Subject Delta, Andrew Ryan and Vaas Montenegro

ZusupaTanhi
01-01-2013, 01:04 AM

*raises eyebrow* Yes, yes one does. I certainly have.

Bullet747
01-01-2013, 03:31 AM
3. Lucy - ACB

2. Connor's mom - AC3

1. The young boy in Shepards dreams - ME3

Jexx21
01-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Fcbhc

GLHS
01-01-2013, 09:56 AM

I didn't play it....but at least I know who he is lol

YuurHeen
01-01-2013, 01:28 PM
1. The young boy in Shepards dreams - ME3

really?

Bullet747
01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
really? Yes

CartopBALTO
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
R.I.P Haytham and KaniehtÝ:io.

CartopBALTO
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
If I have to add a third, it would be Agate.

IronEagl3
01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Saints Row 2 - Carlos's death
AC3 - Death of Connor's mom actually made me wanna cry
ACR - Altair's death (which was more epic than sad)

I would count Ezio's death but that's not in a game :P

pirate1802
01-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Space Hamster - ME3

CartopBALTO
01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Saints Row 2 - Carlos's death
AC3 - Death of Connor's mom actually made me wanna cry
ACR - Altair's death (which was more epic than sad)

I would count Ezio's death but that's not in a game :P

Yeah KaniehtÝ:io's death was a really sad part.

CartopBALTO
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
i believe the saddest i believe for me are:
Frank woods
Alex mason

I believe Alex Mason is the saddest because he was shot by Frank woods who lived with that guilt till he was killed by Raul Menendez.

That are the two i believe to be the saddest.

Let me tell you- in the mission 'Suffer With Me', if you shoot Mason in the arms, he will not die. And will reappear in the end.

If you kill Menendez in the last mission, Woods is not killed by him.

That brings them and your happiness back.

xboxauditore
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Let me tell you- in the mission 'Suffer With Me', if you shoot Mason in the arms, he will not die. And will reappear in the end.

If you kill Menendez in the last mission, Woods is not killed by him.

That brings them and your happiness back.

But doesn't Cordis Die go into riot and start destroying buildings?

CartopBALTO
01-03-2013, 06:50 PM
That does happen. But Menendez...he doesn't kill Woods.

xboxauditore
01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
So Woods lives, But america is essentially destroyed? Hmm, Tough choice to make.

CartopBALTO
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
But doesn't Cordis Die go into riot and start destroying buildings?

So Woods lives, But america is essentially destroyed? Hmm, Tough choice to make.

Ok I replayed Judgement Day with Karma alive. Guess what? BEST ENDING!!!!!! All you have to do, is keep Karma alive and capture Menendez.

----/\
--/-!-\
/-----\ SPOILER WARNING!

In that ending, Menendez is in his cell. A TV interview with Karma is shown, in which she abuses Menendez. Menendez BANGS his head against the TV 2-4 times and then stops.

shobhit7777777
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM

Those 2 in the AC franchise

and in recent memory-

Cortana, Halo 4 (All time saddest for me)

Noble Six, Halo Reach

Lots of others but the above come to mind at the moment.

xboxauditore
01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok I replayed Judgement Day with Karma alive. Guess what? BEST ENDING!!!!!! All you have to do, is keep Karma alive and capture Menendez.

----/\
--/-!-\
/-----\ SPOILER WARNING!

In that ending, Menendez is in his cell. A TV interview with Karma is shown, in which she abuses Menendez. Menendez BANGS his head against the TV 2-4 times and then stops.

Oh yeah I've seen that one, Made me laugh in triumph.

masterfenix2009
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Lee Everett
Mordin Solus
Achillies

PandaPuff86
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
The three saddest deaths I know so far in no particular order....

1. Anyone dear to Ezio - Pick one, anyone and they are all sad moments in his life that have meaning and hope.
2. John Marston - A man who only wanted to move on with his life after living a dangerous and violent lifestyle in a gang. In the end though, he did redeem himself by saving his family by finally accepting his fate.
3. Victor Sullivan - Nathan Drake's mentor and father-figure who always been with him through and through. The good thing is that Nate was just hallucinating from drinking some crazy water.

kuled2012
01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
. Victor Sullivan - Nathan Drake's mentor and father-figure who always been with him through and through. The good thing is that Nate was just hallucinating from drinking some crazy water.

So that means he's not dead..

MUNCHIES 7777
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
I seem to think Vaas' (Farcry 3) death touched me alot and i cant find any posts or videos etc agreeing with me, I might just be insanely weird (no insane pun intended) but i feel like Vaas was in alot of pain but ill try not to run off topic yeah Vaas's death for me :p

xboxauditore
01-06-2013, 12:11 AM
I seem to think Vaas' (Farcry 3) death touched me alot and i cant find any posts or videos etc agreeing with me, I might just be insanely weird (no insane pun intended) but i feel like Vaas was in alot of pain but ill try not to run off topic yeah Vaas's death for me :p

He was one of my choices. Poor guy, he was suffering more than he let on, And the music when you kill him. DEM FEELS.

MUNCHIES 7777
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I know and 'Take me into your heart,accept me as your saviour,nail me to the ****ing cross and let me be reborn' that got to me and the music aw that music is pure brilliance.DEM MUSICS.

roostersrule2
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
1. Ezio, the only gaming character I legit cried for, 'twas so sad especially when Flavia turned around to see him dead then his amazing speech.

2. John Marston, was actually marginally sadder then Ezio's but I had the end spoiled for me so it lost some effect, but still managed to wow me.

3. Yusuf, the most shocking death ever, I went into Sofia's library and saw someone sitting on a chair and thought to myself is he dead? Then I said is that Yusuf? Then Yusuf's database entry came up and my stomach just dropped.

xboxauditore
01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
I know and 'Take me into your heart,accept me as your saviour,nail me to the ****ing cross and let me be reborn' that got to me and the music aw that music is pure brilliance.DEM MUSICS.

"Are you enjoying my sisters company? Huh? She gonna make a warrior outta you? You are so f***** Jason, Cmon. PULL THE TRIGGER!"

Poor Vaas.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Altair definitely. Not only cause he was an awesome character, but because he spent his entire life as an Assassin. His whole life was for the Creed and his death *spolier* in the room locked in with the apple to protect it and to ensure it from being in the wrong hands.*End spolier* He lived and died for the Creed.

zMrFahrenheit
01-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Vaas Montenegro
He was one of my favorite video-game character and when he died I was like" NO! ****!"
Achilles
I was very sad when he died, since he couldn't say Connor goodbye, and this kind of death makes me sad. Also because I liked Achilles.
Haytham
I liked him, and after reading the Assassins Creed Renegade novel, it made me like him even more, and looking back at his death, it makes me sad.

NuclearFuss
01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Vaas Montenegro, as a few people seem to agree. It amazes me that his character was never intended to be so important, they just loved the voice actor so much they wanted to flesh him out. A very good call.

Also, the whole hallucination made it one of the most interesting "boss fights" (it's a stretch to call it that) I've seen in a long time.

The song that plays while it happens, for anyone wondering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7CENtMlf1M

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 06:34 AM
I'll stick with Warfighter's ending haha :)

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 06:41 AM
I'll stick with Warfighter's ending haha :)
That`s the third time you said that....

Alright we get it...

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 06:45 AM
That`s the third time you said that....

Alright we get it...

I know, I'm bumping the thread.

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 06:49 AM
I know, I'm bumping the thread.
Which is against the rules...

I would understand if this is a request thread, petition or something, but it serves no purpose. So beside against the rules, add silly...

Death_Aflame
01-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Which is against the rules...

I would understand if this is a request thread, petition or something, but it serves no purpose. So beside against the rules, add silly...

In what way is bumping a thread against the rules?

Assassin_M
01-10-2013, 07:04 AM
In what way is bumping a thread against the rules?
Read the Forum rules and you`ll know...

HisSpiritLives
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
I was soo said when Ezio died,i almost cried,after so much years playing him.And Achiles death was emotional

zhengyingli
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I was soo said when Ezio died,i almost cried,after so much years playing him.And Achiles death was emotional
I applaud Achilles' death for its lack of shock value. Not being sarcastic, here.

MidnightGUI
01-10-2013, 11:58 PM
1# Cristina Vespucci's death was by far one of the most impacting deaths of AC, when I finished ACII I wondered what became of her, doing the supressed memories was sad, and I cried so loud at the end of the memory as she died in Ezio's arms saying "Don't you know Ezio? I have always been with you *shows amulet* *close eyes and dies dramatically*". I still got frustrated because I had like 25 medicines in my pocket.

2# For sure Ezio deserves the top three since he's such an amazing and remarkable character and maybe one of the best of this generation, he was eccentric and a gentleman as well as a heartbreaker and all those things that made not only me but the whole AC community as a whole to love him so much (things that Connor lacked). I spent hours thinking of the loss and the "Salvation of ForlÝ" soundtrack that echoed on my mind.

3# Ezio's brothers' and father's death was even more shocking because it got me completely by surprise, but still I'm impressed how Ubisoft made me bond with Ezio's family so fast, I think they just showed their Importance to him as a character that the player was so involved with.

AND we can't forget Yusuf's death, Ziio, Altńir, Mario Auditore, Maria Thorpe. In my opinion, the rest was like meh...

BenXFD
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Ezio's brothers' and father's death was even more shocking because it got me completely by surprise, but still I'm impressed how Ubisoft made me bond with Ezio's family so fast, I think they just showed their Importance to him as a character that the player was so involved with..

Yeah that is one of mine. AC2 was my first Assassin's Creed and quite frankly the AC series is not my usual type of game but the Ezio story pulled me in and the mystery behind Desmond and Minerva near the end hooked me completely, but yeah there was something really well done about the beginning of AC2. Doing a few tasks for a young Ezio and then that shocking moment where Ezio's brothers and father are hung, without realising you've invested emotionally into that family and you feel how much of a miscarriage of justice that whole situation is. I actually felt quite angry about it!

I'm going to say Victor Sullivan in Uncharted 3 too. Yes it turns out he's actually alive but the 'death scene' is still incredibly emotional and sad so I think it counts. It's so out of the blue and shocking.

Ethan Mars' death ending when you completely mess up Heavy Rain is very sad too.

Cole Phelps.. that wasn't sad, that was just really bad!

CartopBALTO
02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
The saddest is not of one character but of millions after the attack on the 12 colonies (yeah that IS shown in a game)

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Just played the last homestead mission, well that was a sad game charcter dead.

PedroAntonio2
02-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Well, that is confusing....there a lot of sad deaths...

In AC Series :

- Yusuf Tazim ( That scene is so dad, Ezio enters Sofia's library and finds him dead...and that line ''You earned your rest,brother..'')
- Subject 16/Clay ( One of the most epic scenes I ever seen in a game, Clay sacrificng himself to save Desmond )
- Achilles

Other games :

- John Marston ( first time I played the game I was like '' Nah..he can't die, he is the main character, he will get up and shoot those bastards. But then he fell in the ground bleeding to death and I was like '' Noooo :('' )
- Roman Bellic
- Citra in Far Cry 3 ( I know she was a *****, but when Denis saw what he did and started crying '' Citra! Don't leave me, Citra...I'm sorry!'', that was so sad.)

pacmanate
02-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Ah Citra, I just let her ride me. Jokes on her when she finds out I am infertile!

xboxauditore
02-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Ah Citra, I just let her ride me. Jokes on her when she finds out I am infertile!

*High-five*