PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Life Petition

ShiverMaTimbers
12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Forget it it's interesting to see people say things like you and Desmond had no personalitty because Ubisoft did not give us enough time with with him for us to captate it.
Just Sayin'.

YazX_
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
ok *swear word removed* desmond, stop whining about that, i never liked him nor i will, he is just a tool to play the story of his ancestors, and he just did his job perfectly fine, he was never meant to be more playable than some small parts in the game, so just get over it. i'm happy to see him die so we can move on and have another guy.

but unfortunately UBI will not let him go that easily and i guess you will see him in next AC, so its early to assume that he is gone for good.

ProletariatPleb
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Grow up.

Seriously, Desmond was a very bad character, he had no personality, all he did was follow the orders of people and his parts were below average and boring. I'm very glad he's done for.

x___Luffy___x
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Grow up.

Seriously, Desmond was a very bad character, he had no personality, all he did was follow the orders of people and his parts were below average and boring. I'm very glad he's done for.

ok f u ck desmond, stop whining about that, i never liked him nor i will, he is just a tool to play the story of his ancestors, and he just did his job perfectly fine, he was never meant to be more playable than some small parts in the game, so just get over it. i'm happy to see him die so we can move on and have another guy.

but unfortunately UBI will not let him go that easily and i guess you will see him in next AC, so its early to assume that he is gone for good.

agreed

SkidmarksDeluxe
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Connor also has the personality of a sack of potatoes.:( Ezio was the man...:cool:

AjinkyaParuleka
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
the poster above me is Ezio-fanboy/girl for sure.
Seriously lol,changing something in the game won't do anything,Desmond was the reason why I liked the modern day story and the his combat in ACIII Missions(He looks extremely cool with that hood covering his lame hair style).And Ubi won't let Desmond just go away like that,I am sure he will be represented in some way or other.

GalakFyarr
01-27-2013, 01:03 PM
I liked Desmond. And I had no need to get more background story about him than they have given us.

Ferrith
01-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Who cares about Desmond, anyway? When he had the chance of choosing between human race's freedom and his species' survival, he went for survival, thus lending Juno a hand to enslave humans. I don't see how this can be any different from the "order" and "control" Templars have been fighting for. Altair is probably turning in his grave at how things ended. I'd say, good riddance.

monsimons
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Who cares about Desmond, anyway? When he had the chance of choosing between human race's freedom and his species' survival, he went for survival, thus lending Juno a hand to enslave humans. I don't see how this can be any different from the "order" and "control" Templars have been fighting for. Altair is probably turning in his grave at how things ended. I'd say, good riddance.

Very true, man. Very templarish of Desmond.

Anyway, I didn't like Desmond's fate at all. It didn't make sense to kill him. It was obvious that was something totally incoherent. He could have done the same thing without dying. The latter was just crap. It was simply a decision of the developers/designers, a plot device, not something we could expect from the way the game and story were set up. In other words they chose to narrate the story in such a way that they get rid of Desmond, probably just because at some point it wouldn't make sense to put him in the Animus - What, all important assassins were his ancestors? I guess not, but killing him off? After five years and almost no chance to have him be significant? Really, as you said, no one cares about him. That was just stupid.

They could have made him a third-party as his father, Rebecca and Shaun; he could have been the mentor of the new person that'd be going in... Many possibilities. He could have the chance to explain his decision to the players in the next game, so that we don't think that it was idiotic and totally contrary to the great premise of the game we've been seeing in the last couple of years since AC. Nothing of these. Irrational. Offending our intelligence.

Sorry for the long post, I had to let it out :)

GalakFyarr
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM

It seemed to me that the options were not "freedom" or "survival".

The options were:

A. Survival, but Juno is released.

B. Everything is annihilated and humanity starts from scratch, with Desmond as some kind of rolemodel. but at some point, Desmond's "religion" will be corrupted by others, ending up in some kind of new Templar order who controls the "Third Civilization".

SO all in all, I do think the option "survive, free Juno, and hope you can beat her" is better than "destroy Juno, destroy the world, try to rebuild, get oppressed by templars anyway".

The way the story has been told over the games has led me to believe this is what happened:

Civilzation 1: (those who came before) populated the earth, and thrived for many millenia, culminating into a very technologically advanced era. However, they were unable to prevent the end of the world in time.

Civilization 2: This is basically OUR civilization. In the beginning, we got help from a few survivors of Civ 1, who tried to rebuild the world, and tried to explain what had happened. However their words were corrupted by others after their death. I can't help but imagine that Jesus Christ was a Civ 1 survivor, who tried to help us, but later his words got corrupted by the Church. This resulted in the Templars and Assassins.

Civilization 3: this WOULD be the civilization after 21/12/2012, IF Desmond had not released Juno. Basically, everything that happened for Civ. 2 repeats, but this time, Templars win, and control the world. I could easily draw a parallel with Jesus Christ and Desmond.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
It seemed to me that the options were not "freedom" or "survival".

The options were:

A. Survival, but Juno is released.

B. Everything is annihilated and humanity starts from scratch, with Desmond as some kind of rolemodel. but at some point, Desmond's "religion" will be corrupted by others, ending up in some kind of new Templar order who controls the "Third Civilization".

SO all in all, I do think the option "survive, free Juno, and hope you can beat her" is better than "destroy Juno, destroy the world, try to rebuild, get oppressed by templars anyway".

The way the story has been told over the games has led me to believe this is what happened:

Civilzation 1: (those who came before) populated the earth, and thrived for many millenia, culminating into a very technologically advanced era. However, they were unable to prevent the end of the world in time.

Civilization 2: This is basically OUR civilization. In the beginning, we got help from a few survivors of Civ 1, who tried to rebuild the world, and tried to explain what had happened. However their words were corrupted by others after their death. I can't help but imagine that Jesus Christ was a Civ 1 survivor, who tried to help us, but later his words got corrupted by the Church. This resulted in the Templars and Assassins.

Civilization 3: this WOULD be the civilization after 21/12/2012, IF Desmond had not released Juno. Basically, everything that happened for Civ. 2 repeats, but this time, Templars win, and control the world. I could easily draw a parallel with Jesus Christ and Desmond.
This.
You would extremely hate the devs in case Desmond chose Anhilation over Survival.That would simply mean-"GAME OVER".Unless they transfer us to another human after like 10.000-20.000 years(You might think this is very low,but assuming that few geniuses survived the world probably can be build faster originally it took us 77012 years to reach at that point).The Templar and the Assassins should try to cooperate atleast once in doing something good with those P.O.E.The knowledge of Assassins and the technological and economical front of the Templars(I heard USA was gonna bust Abstergo Industries o.O).
Anyways.I liked Desmond,would love his comeback as Juno's vessel or a program in the Animi/us.

Ferrith
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
There is a quote from Skyrim that I find it very good in defining Desmond.
I paraphrase:

"You are the new member of the Assassins, eh? So, what... you fetch the mead?" :D

promero14
01-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Everyone loves Ezio only because he was in three games -.-