PDA

View Full Version : Horrible fps in boston.

SaDem99
12-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Dear ubisoft , i am as polite as i can be right now. can you please fix the game ?
it's bad as it is having to wait a month for the pc release and then when that day comes i get 9fps in boston ? my rig isn't a beastly gaming machine but at least it will run at 25 fps , and don't go around pointing fingers at AMD and NVIDIA , you guys didn't take the time to properly optimize the game so you should suffer the consequences and fix it. and stop giving us that bs about how you're aware ! the only thing you're aware of is the money in your pockets and the satisfied 12 year old console using kids .

jim99x
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the club.

Razrback16
12-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Hope it gets fixed soon for you folks who are having issues. You'll be glad you waited once it works -- looks gorgeous in DX11 with all the settings cranked.
And I honestly don't know how console users can be happy with it. I played it on the XBOX before getting it for PC and it looks awful on console, just like pretty much every game out there. Although I'm used to maximum IQ settings which go far beyond the console's capabilities.

spectatorx
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
If the game looks much better than console version i do not want to see how crappy it looks on console....

Razrback16
12-31-2012, 07:40 PM
If the game looks much better than console version i do not want to see how crappy it looks on console....

:) Yeah it's just really grainy and has a lot of bad, low-res textures and low IQ settings -- seems to be virtually zero antialiasing, and zero anisotropic filtering, at least when compared to a halfway decent PC game. And what's sad is that even with those bad settings, performance still isn't even all that great. There are parts of the game that are choppy. That's what happens when you're working with really old hardware. The first time I played AC3 on PC I was just like WOW. Far improved FPS with MUCH MUCH MUCH higher IQ settings.

I hate to say anything offensive, but I honestly think that many console players are kids who don't have the $$ or know-how to build themselves a proper gaming rig, or folks who are just on an extreme budget and so they opt for the cheaper consoles. The ol' saying "you get what you pay for" is absolutely true.

MohMurad
12-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Well the only reason that I have a console is that no one I know plays games on PC, and I can't be bothered to get a PC that at least double the cost of an Xbox just for better graphics and not being stuck at around 30-40 FPS the whole time on consoles. I'd guess the lowest FPS I get is 26 FPS.

spectatorx
12-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Consoles are "cheap" but games for them are expensive. In Poland average price on launch:
pc - 120pln
sexbox360&pos3 - 200pln

Consoles cost is about 1000pln, medium pc enough for gaming about 2300pln.

In case of xbox you need to add cost of payment to play online.

Difference in audiovisual experience is huge.