PDA

View Full Version : Question about Haythan and Connor in NYC **major spoilers!**

Miguelit083
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I just got to the part in the game where Connor and Haytham have just decided to team up and head to NYC. I think I missed Haytham's reasoning though why the Templars aren't in fact on the Loyalists side. Can someone explain that to me again? (basically why Haytham and Connor are seemingly on the same side...And please no spoilers past the part of the game I am at :-)

Thanks!

montagemik
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Replay the memories - Watch the cutscenes & Find out yourself ................Then we can't spoil anything for ya .

Rakudaton
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
1) Haytham's main piece of evidence is how Pitcairn tried to open up dialogue between the Loyalists and the Patriots -- demonstrating that the Templars are actually a third party looking to act as mediators between both sides. But he doesn't really go into much detail. Mostly he's trying to point out the worthiness of the Templar goals, rather than their lack of affiliation with the crown.

2) Benjamin Church betrayed the Templars and started stealing supplies from the Patriots. In Haytham's own words: "You want to get back the supplies he stole. I want to see him... punished. Our interests are aligned." In other words, they're both after Church so they should team up.

Miguelit083
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
thanks guys!

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Because both The Templars and The Assassin's both want peace, yet they have different ways on how to achieve peace.

The Templars want peace by controlling the world with strings.

The Assassin's want peace by severing all strings.

Therefore, they're destined enemies.

Jexx21
12-31-2012, 12:37 AM
^
that didn't answer his question