PDA

View Full Version : Powder Kegs !!! Sequence 2, Johnson's Errand

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Help!!! I read all the blogs about how to shoot these friggin' powder kegs. Nothing is working. HUD is all enabled. Haythem respawns at the powder keg screen and can't even move. It won't let me draw my pistol or musket. Tried both. Restarted many times. Took the updates. Nothing. Thing is, I know everyone says look for the small white circle and aim at the small kegs on the ground. Thing is, I'm not even seeing the little white circle. I'm using Xbox 360. I've been stuck for days !!!! Is it possible I just got a bad game? Is it my TV? Help !!!! Also, can it be that I'm not completing some sidebar earlier in the Squence?

montagemik
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Help!!! I read all the blogs about how to shoot these friggin' powder kegs. Nothing is working. HUD is all enabled. Haythem respawns at the powder keg screen and can't even move. It won't let me draw my pistol or musket. Tried both. Restarted many times. Took the updates. Nothing. Thing is, I know everyone says look for the small white circle and aim at the small kegs on the ground. Thing is, I'm not even seeing the little white circle. I'm using Xbox 360. I've been stuck for days !!!! Is it possible I just got a bad game? Is it my TV? Help !!!! Also, can it be that I'm not completing some sidebar earlier in the Squence?

Hold LT to aim your gun / musket. Press Y to fire ( I'm assuming of course you have a loaded gun / musket.)

If that fails delete your game data & re-install the game disc , updates & all DLC you have.

TheSpong
12-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Exactly like montagemik said. Tap once or hold the left trigger to go into aiming mode while you have a gun equipped, the camera will move in closer to Haytham and the targeting circle will appear in the centre of the screen for you to aim. The circle can be hard to spot sometimes because it's white. Move it so that the barrels are targeted (they'll have a white outline and a shimmer, the same thing that happens when you target a person). When that happens, press the Y-button to fire your gun. If the gun you have equipped isn't loaded, tap the R-button to reload it (the reloading process will take several seconds).

If you can't do any (part) of that, then you either haven't got a gun equipped, or your game is bugged.

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanx guys, I tried all that. Tried deleting it, and all that. It's just that that little white dot I don't see. I see it in all the screen shots, Strategy Guides, Ytube, I just don't have it. I hope i can exchange it I played the level over and over again thinking maybe there was some task I missed. Seems so straight forward on Ytube and all>

TheSpong
12-30-2012, 06:29 PM
If you can go into the aiming mode but nothing happens when you press the Y-button then, as far as I can see, one of three things is going wrong...

- you're not aiming at something you can shoot. You can't fire the gun if you're not targeting anything, use the right analogue stick to move the aiming circle and make sure it is on the barrels (the barrels will glow white).
- you haven't got a gun equipped. Hold the R-button to open the weapon wheel and choose a gun, making sure it appears in the top weapon slot on the main screen.
- the game is bugged.

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
K, Let me try again. I'm back at the Opera House. Pisses me off, I was really getting into the story. LOL

WildMan63
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm having the same issue ! The game won't allow me to draw my pistol.

TheSpong
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
K, Let me try again. I'm back at the Opera House. Pisses me off, I was really getting into the story. LOL

Good luck, fingers crossed it works this time.

I'm having the same issue ! The game won't allow me to draw my pistol.

I don't think you can draw firearms in the sense that Haytham/Connor can run around with them in their hands. They'll only draw their guns to fire, and they'll only fire if they're pointing at a valid target.

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Right I agree. U just can't carry out the pistol in ur hands. BUT, I'm at a level where I should be able to pull out my pistol and shoot the friggin' powder kegs.

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bi26pcq_eU

About halfway through the video, u see where the little whit dot hovers over the powder keg. and then the precision box opens. and the then the keg is highlighted. I'm not getting any of that crap!!!!

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
OK, after studying the video, the only thing I didn't do, was have the conversation with the dude in the Tavern. Let me go back and see if I can do it.

Reverendnewman
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Nothing worked. I'm gonna see if I can swap it at the store for another one. I'm gonna sync up my neighbors controller with my console and see if that does anything.

voyager4023
12-30-2012, 11:24 PM
You're shooting the barrels lying on the ground in front of the wagon right? The first time I did that mission I thought you had to shoot the barrels that are on the wagon, but you have to instead shoot the ones that are lying on the ground in front of the wagon.

You're early enough into the game that it wouldn't hurt to just start a new game and see if it works then.

Reverendnewman
12-31-2012, 01:04 AM
Guys !!!! It was my friggin' controller. Can u believe it !!!!!! Tried my neighbors and it came right up. Thing is, I was positive the RT was working on other screens. Thanx for all ur help. Blew up the kegs. Saw the "white" circle and everything. Thanx a bunch. I'm gonna rock this **** now !!!!!

TheSpong
12-31-2012, 04:02 AM
Glad you found the real cause of the problem.

montagemik
12-31-2012, 04:08 AM
Guys !!!! It was my friggin' controller. Can u believe it !!!!!! Tried my neighbors and it came right up. Thing is, I was positive the RT was working on other screens. Thanx for all ur help. Blew up the kegs. Saw the "white" circle and everything. Thanx a bunch. I'm gonna rock this **** now !!!!!

LOL , Oh well you got it now .

having 2 controllers is Always a good idea. ( just a thought )