PDA

View Full Version : Is AC3 worth replaying? Need honest opinions here

IronEagl3
12-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Right now I'm at 88% completion and I've beaten the game. But I felt that while I was playing, I was all over the place. I was in the Frontier doing sides, then Boston sides, New York, etc. When I looks back at what I've done in AC3, all I could remember were the extremely big moments. In other AC games, I remember a lot. And running around city to city doing sides felt sort of sloppy if that makes any sense. Call me weird but I like to be organized even in my video games. And I just learned how the crafting stuff works so I now get all the cool things after I beat the game...so what do you guys think? Is it worth replaying?

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 08:48 AM
If you`re talking about advice, then from your post, I don't suggest you replay it..

For me; however, I replayed it 6 times till now....and EACH and EVERY time..I never felt it tedious or something that I did before...Every time I replayed it, I felt like It`s still fresh out of it`s case and I did not feel the "tedious" parts in the story. AC II had them the most for me. I enjoyed replaying every part of AC III (Not to be confused with having fun, because some missions in AC III are FAAAR from fun) I loved replaying Haytham AND Connor both. I never felt like "Oh have to do this quickly to get to Connor" not at all. I was as free with Haytham as I was Connor and the gameplay and style difference between the 2 is EXTREMELY fun and fulfilling.

The dialogue is very well done, I enjoyed watching every cutscene again and again and again and listening to all the conversations. The writing is brilliant..

So that`s about it..

IronEagl3
12-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Wow..you replayed it 6 times O_O I wouldn't mind doing all the side missions again. I really liked them too. But school is coming up and I saw this as an opportunity and a problem. I'm so organized that I was thinking of dividing a sequence for each week, or 2 a week since I got the weekends. I know It's weird to do that but meh, I always feel good at the end of the day.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Wow..you replayed it 6 times O_O I wouldn't mind doing all the side missions again. I really liked them too. But school is coming up and I saw this as an opportunity and a problem. I'm so organized that I was thinking of dividing a sequence for each week, or 2 a week since I got the weekends. I know It's weird to do that but meh, I always feel good at the end of the day.
I don't think it`s weird. I admire you for wanting to organize play and study. It`s difficult...especially when you`re younger.

If you found what I said appealing, then definitely go for it. 1 or 2 sequences a week sounds great. (Add a few side missions to those too so that your play time session feels more satisfying after you`re done)

6 times sounds much ?? I replayed AC I 84 times, AC II 69 times, ACB 73 times, ACR 115 times...:p

I write them down xD and I record my experiences each time....I`m a mad gamer..It works in the end. helps me create a comprehensive Journal of each game...and I do mean COMPREHENSIVE :D

IronEagl3
12-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't think it`s weird. I admire you for wanting to organize play and study. It`s difficult...especially when you`re younger.

If you found what I said appealing, then definitely go for it. 1 or 2 sequences a week sounds great. (Add a few side missions to those too so that your play time session feels more satisfying after you`re done)

6 times sounds much ?? I replayed AC I 84 times, AC II 69 times, ACB 73 times, ACR 115 times...:p

I write them down xD and I record my experiences each time....I`m a mad gamer..It works in the end. helps me create a comprehensive Journal of each game...and I do mean COMPREHENSIVE :D

Lol holy crap man. You played them that many times??? I can't bare playing games like this that many times, as much as I am obsessed with AC. I have OCD, so when I want to get toe something, I have to get rid of everything that's in my way, in this case are the feathers, chests, trinkets, side missions etc. I can't go 5 games that many times.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I can't go 5 games that many times.
No one else can;)

That`s why I take Pride in it:p
It`s supposed to be my Job when I finish College:D I take the extra mile for my passion with this...Video games helped my Language, History, Philosophy, Religion, Relationships, Studies, general knowledge..I owe to them more than I can ever repay...They`re more than just tools of fun for passing the time to me..

Do I sound crazy ? Probably:p

IronEagl3
12-30-2012, 09:35 AM
No one else can;)

That`s why I take Pride in it:p
It`s supposed to be my Job when I finish College:D I take the extra mile for my passion with this...Video games helped my Language, History, Philosophy, Religion, Relationships, Studies, general knowledge..I owe to them more than I can ever repay...They`re more than just tools of fun for passing the time to me..

Do I sound crazy ? Probably:p

Lol not crazy. I would say unique....a little too unique lol :P

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Lol not crazy. I would say unique....a little too unique lol :P
You too..Like I said above. Trying to organize study and play is something I greatly admire, so good luck with that:D

catkiller97
12-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Every time u replay u will like it more :D

Sushiglutton
12-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Are you serious, or are you playing with us :eek::eek::eek:!?!! Wow, just wow! AC:R has been out like what, 80 weeks? You completed AC:R more than once a week since it released? This is one of the sickest things I have ever heard a gamer do!

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Are you serious, or are you playing with us :eek::eek::eek:!?!! Wow, just wow! AC:R has been out like what, 80 weeks? You completed AC:R more than once a week since it released? This is one of the sickest things I have ever heard a gamer do!

ACR was pretty Short. I sometimes finished it in less than a day xD

I`m actually replaying ACR now:p Almost done with it..

I should also be at about over 10 for AC III, but College...D:

(Also...roughly 60 weeks, not 80;))

MT4K
12-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Well it's not like there's side content to eat up more time in ACR :rolleyes: lol.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Well it's not like there's side content to eat up more time in ACR :rolleyes: lol.
Exactly xD

Sushiglutton
12-30-2012, 12:12 PM
ACR was pretty Short. I sometimes finished it in less than a day xD

I`m actually replaying ACR now:p Almost done with it..

I should also be at about over 10 for AC III, but College...D:

(Also...roughly 60 weeks, not 80;))

I think I'm gonna have to lie down for a moment. This is just too sick. I can hardly finish the games twice without getting bored. Also there are sooo many other great games out there that you could play instead. I mean it's an achievement, no question about that. I don't think I can get why you do it though ;).

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I think I'm gonna have to lie down for a moment. This is just too sick. I can hardly finish the games twice without getting bored. Also there are sooo many other great games out there that you could play instead. I mean it's an achievement, no question about that. I don't think I can get why you do it though ;).
Oh don't get me wrong. I play other games too xD The thing here is that, I finish those games and start AC again, stop AC for some time and finish new games, finish new games and start AC again.

AC has the most complex story in anything I`v read/watched/played in my life. I have Journals about every game. BIG comprehensive Journals about EVERY game. That`s why I never buy an Encyclopedia. believe me it`s a very satisfying experience. To have your own writing about each game. The Characters, the missions, the Glyphs, the mysteries, the endings, the secrets, Drawings, symbols, Concepts, mechanisms, gadgets, weapons, history...etc Imagine one day showing this to your son or daughter:D

Replaying a game makes the bond stronger and I grow appreciative of everything in so much more..

AC is an absolutely incredible piece of art and it deserves all the attention I give it...

That does not mean I`m a no life, though >_>

D.I.D.
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Imagine one day showing this to your son or daughter:D

oh no

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
oh no
Sounds like you imagined ;)

D.I.D.
12-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you imagined ;)

I did. It gave me a feeling that would be hard to explain, like a ghost walked through me.

I hope this ambition changes. Show your kids your achievements. Not your Achievements. ;)

poptartz20
12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I think it's personally worth replaying... I found it even more rewarding the second time. I'm currently on my second replay myself. Taking my time and doing things I didn't do the first time!

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 12:51 PM
I did. It gave me a feeling that would be hard to explain, like a ghost walked through me.

I hope this ambition changes. Show your kids your achievements. Not your Achievements. ;)
I don't have X-box :|

pacmanate
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't have X-box :|

;)

I would say yes. I found it better on my 3rd playthrough.

lothario-da-be
12-30-2012, 04:06 PM

My view on you just changed completly. i don't know if i should admire you or call you a fool:p. I didn't even played all my games together so much out.

AdrianJacek
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Lol wut? I don't remember how many times I finished AC1 and AC2 but it was quite a few times. And I mean less than 10. But you know, when I replay an AC game I'm always doing a 100% run (minus Saving Citizens in AC1, Challenges in ACB, ACR & AC3, buying all weapons and books in ACR and buying landmarks in ACR). Yeah... that's a bit too specific, is it not? It just seems that getting money in ACR takes way to much time and stuff yo buy is waaay too expensive. Sometimes I'll buy some books but never all. So yeah - saving citizens is too combat heavy, doesn't feel... Altair-ish. Challenges aren't all that fun. Inflation ruins the Turkish economy.
I just can't help myself. I dunno why, I just MUST do all of them. It's a Pokemon syndrome, I guess.

FirestarLuva
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I'm still not tired. :D If you ask me, AC3 gets better if you play it at least 2 times. You'll get a better view and understanding of Connor and his story, since there were many parts I didn't understand my first time. I think this is the problem with many people. They judge AC3 too harshly. Some even returned the game because of the Haytham sequences. To be honest, even though I wanted to play as Connor, Haytham's part was great too. Let's you bind with the villians a lot more.

How!? :O Impossible!
Me: AC1 - 3 times, AC2 - 2, ACB - 1, ACR - 2, AC3 - 2 so far.
I feel stupid. >.>

cmrggamer
12-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Haha, wow M, I'm really impressed you've had enough time to play all the games as many times as you did!

Personally, when I played AC3 the first time I was in a rush because I was home for a short break and had exams to worry about, so I went through the story without doing as much of the side stuff as I wanted. Replaying AC3 definitely made me appreciate the story and characters even more, even though I knew what to expect. I think they really tried to say a lot with this game, and some elements are more subtle than they were in past games which makes a second playthrough worth it!
Playing AC3 a second time made me realize how much I truly enjoyed the game. I think the first time, I wasn't quite sure how I felt but after playing it again I think it might be favorite in the series. But, this is just my opinion :)

Death_Aflame
12-31-2012, 01:42 AM
I've played AC I 101 times, AC II 95 times, ACB 129 times, ACR 156 times, AC III 12 times so far. I hated the Naval missions, but at the end of the day, Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed. I only played AC when I had time, and while I had the time, I played it all the way through in 7 hours. AC III, how ever, takes 18 hours to complete to 100% :D

IronEagl3
12-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Haha, wow M, I'm really impressed you've had enough time to play all the games as many times as you did!

Personally, when I played AC3 the first time I was in a rush because I was home for a short break and had exams to worry about, so I went through the story without doing as much of the side stuff as I wanted. Replaying AC3 definitely made me appreciate the story and characters even more, even though I knew what to expect. I think they really tried to say a lot with this game, and some elements are more subtle than they were in past games which makes a second playthrough worth it!
Playing AC3 a second time made me realize how much I truly enjoyed the game. I think the first time, I wasn't quite sure how I felt but after playing it again I think it might be favorite in the series. But, this is just my opinion :)

No matter how many AC games Ubisoft will release, AC1 will ALWAYS be my favorite. It was a whole new experience, entirely. I had never played or seen anything like it. I'm from Palestine, and I wish to visit Jerusalem one day, my home city. Playing AC1 really made me feel like I was home. The closest I've ever gotten to the city was the Jordanian mountains, which are amazing, but still not as amazing as the Palestinian mountains.

http://i.imgur.com/eNhNe.jpg

This was one of the pictures I took in the Jordanian mountains near Saladin's fortress.

FrankieSatt
12-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Unfortunatly I have to say that NO it is not worth replaying. I'm going to start over with ACI and play through them all again and by the time I get to ACIII maybe I'll be ready to replay it, but I'm not sure if I can. The game just isn't very good and there is little replay value.

cmrggamer
12-31-2012, 04:20 AM
No matter how many AC games Ubisoft will release, AC1 will ALWAYS be my favorite. It was a whole new experience, entirely. I had never played or seen anything like it. I'm from Palestine, and I wish to visit Jerusalem one day, my home city. Playing AC1 really made me feel like I was home. The closest I've ever gotten to the city was the Jordanian mountains, which are amazing, but still not as amazing as the Palestinian mountains.

That's very cool! :)
I actually just finished a playthrough of AC1 today and I totally understand what you mean. I honestly cannot say which game is my favorite because I have not done a full second playthrough on all of them, but I will admit when I was playing AC1 these last couples of days it really struck something within me--you can tell that it was something special, right from the start. I really loved the cities of AC1, especially Damascus and Jerusalem.

Assassin_M
12-31-2012, 05:01 AM
I`m on Sequence 3 in AC I (Winter break :D) and I`m having a blast...I may not replay AC II, though...Just jump directly to ACB.

Jexx21
12-31-2012, 05:34 AM
I've played AC I 101 times, AC II 95 times, ACB 129 times, ACR 156 times, AC III 12 times so far. I hated the Naval missions, but at the end of the day, Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed. I only played AC when I had time, and while I had the time, I played it all the way through in 7 hours. AC III, how ever, takes 18 hours to complete to 100% :D

..how do you find time to do this while being married plus being in the military?

o.o

IronEagl3
12-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Yeah I don't think AC2 really needs a replay ever. It was good enough for 1 playthrough only. I beat AC2 4 times, but that was more than plenty. I beat AC1 3 times, ACB 3 times, and ACR 2 times lol. All prety much the same.

AC1 - 2nd playthrough to understand the story better; 3rd cause I got a new Xbox and restarted
AC2 - 2nd playthrough to beat without armor; 3rd cause I got a new Xbox; 4th cause I missed 1 race where you have sex with that lady after beating a horse race O_O
ACB - 2nd playthrough without armor; 3rd cause I got a new Xbox
ACR - I actually forgot how many times. Usually I replay them a second time without armor, but I'm not sure if I played without armor the 1st time :\ ; 2nd (or 3rd) time cause I got new Xbox
AC3 - Well I already restarted and it's going pretty well so far :D

OmegaRomik
12-31-2012, 08:08 AM
I dont think your suppose to replay Ac3, you can always use the dna data sync tracker to relive moments. once ive done everything i was like "Yyeeeaaaaah". Its to bad to because i was hoping i would just kill enemies for fun after i pass the game but thats not the case for Ac3 wich is my first AC, but i could always play checkers and gain more money. i wonder if the Washington DLCs will require you to have separate files though.

IronEagl3
12-31-2012, 08:34 AM
I dont think your suppose to replay Ac3, you can always use the dna data sync tracker to relive moments. once ive done everything i was like "Yyeeeaaaaah". Its to bad to because i was hoping i would just kill enemies for fun after i pass the game but thats not the case for Ac3 wich is my first AC, but i could always play checkers and gain more money. i wonder if the Washington DLCs will require you to have separate files though.

I would recommend playing ALL the other AC games. Maybe not Brotherhood and Revelations. Those were just extras to Ezio's story, but most people would recommend it. Plus, replaying memories is a pain in the ***. Play 1 mission, then go to menu, select next one, etc., etc. It's a lot more fun to start from scratch and collect everything :D

pacmanate
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
M you either play ONLY AC games/ have way to much/ do nothing

ACfan443
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM

That's mind-f****d me more than the AC endings. How do you find the time?!

Noble6
12-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Well...I usually have played AC(not including AC1) games multiple times but somehow I'm not at all interested replaying AC3. I haven't even played and collected everything from my first playthgrough. I'm not sure why. Maybe gameplay wasn't different and hard enough to replace more boring location, main charachter or unrealistic nature. There was great moments in the story but the experience lacked somehow. I'm more interested in giving ACR a one more chance.

If you`re talking about advice, then from your post, I don't suggest you replay it..

For me; however, I replayed it 6 times till now....and EACH and EVERY time..I never felt it tedious or something that I did before...Every time I replayed it, I felt like It`s still fresh out of it`s case and I did not feel the "tedious" parts in the story. AC II had them the most for me. I enjoyed replaying every part of AC III (Not to be confused with having fun, because some missions in AC III are FAAAR from fun) I loved replaying Haytham AND Connor both. I never felt like "Oh have to do this quickly to get to Connor" not at all. I was as free with Haytham as I was Connor and the gameplay and style difference between the 2 is EXTREMELY fun and fulfilling.

The dialogue is very well done, I enjoyed watching every cutscene again and again and again and listening to all the conversations. The writing is brilliant..

So that`s about it..
I'm jealous . Why can't I feel the same:D
(Apart from AC II part. That was great game though I can admit it was a bit repetitive sometimes)

ElvisMasur
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Only after all the other glitches are fixed. God knows how many times I felt "Dude, really? Not again" anytime I found a new glitch.

But, it's tempting. The story is good and I would like to relive it.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
12-31-2012, 05:12 PM
AC2 was my favorite AC ever ,, but Now it's AC3 ,I've replayed AC2 more than 15 times (seriously) , but after playing AC3 , There is just something unique that makes me want to replay the game again and again ,, I mean the story is great !
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!

at the beginning of the game when I was playing with Haytham, I got to know Charles lee,pitcairn,johnson,hickey
I was thinking , we are now playing with them ,, and we get to kill them later on ? Awesome !
Really you can't imagine how busy I am with the study ,, yet I 've replayed AC3 2 times already ( a miracle) , only one month and I get to play it all time !

IronEagl3
12-31-2012, 05:50 PM
AC3 gives a more fulfilling feeling when replaying it. Cause there are so many collectibles and with all those clubs, there are like 20 objectives to do for each club, which keeps me busy for a very long time.

Assassin_M
01-01-2013, 04:25 AM
I don't really need to find time to do all this. I never sit down doing nothing. I always make my day on the move. 18 hours....I make every minute count. I study, I go out, I meet people and I play video games. 18 hours is so much....You just need to know how to use them;) (I sleep 6 hours a day) trust me there`s so much time..

Rogue Agent 035
01-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I agree withh Assassin_M..., I too am somewhat of a hard core gamer, have been since my childhood. An though my days are filled taking care of my daughters (roughly 14hrs total), but when my wife allows me the time, I'm usually sitting behind my controller playing which ever of the AC series games I feel like at the time, though as of late it's been AC3. I was a history major in college so this kinda helps me see where the fact an fiction innertwine. an the AC series (outside of Hitman absolution) are the only games that seem to appeal to me. An no matter which AC I'm one at the time, it always give me that first time feeling. Now I don't document anything (not that there's anythang wrong with that) an beins he said that it will be in the field he's in once he finishes college is all the more reason to get use to jottin thangs down now as to not seem tedious an mundain later. To me it's fer pure enjoyment an killin time till I spend time with my wife an kids. Though to answer yer inquiry..., Yes, all the AC game have a high replay value in my book an should in any AC fan.

Assassin_M
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I agree withh Assassin_M..., I too am somewhat of a hard core gamer, have been since my childhood. An though my days are filled taking care of my daughters (roughly 14hrs total), but when my wife allows me the time, I'm usually sitting behind my controller playing which ever of the AC series games I feel like at the time, though as of late it's been AC3. I was a history major in college so this kinda helps me see where the fact an fiction innertwine. an the AC series (outside of Hitman absolution) are the only games that seem to appeal to me. An no matter which AC I'm one at the time, it always give me that first time feeling. Now I don't document anything (not that there's anythang wrong with that) an beins he said that it will be in the field he's in once he finishes college is all the more reason to get use to jottin thangs down now as to not seem tedious an mundain later. To me it's fer pure enjoyment an killin time till I spend time with my wife an kids. Though to answer yer inquiry..., Yes, all the AC game have a high replay value in my book an should in any AC fan.
Ah finally someone who does not think me crazy:D

You hit the nail right on the head. I want to surround myself with what I love and I LOVE gaming, best part is that in time, I`ll MAKE gaming.:D

Writing these Journals prepares me for what`s to come. How to organize, how to divide, how to thoroughly explain, how not to get lost, how to keep everything intact, how to dig deep for extra little details and record them. Gaming is just so awesome

pirate1802
01-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Here's what I do. I've finished AC III once, did 85%. Now I'm busy forgetting it, playing other games in the process. When I've almost forgotten the "smell" of AC III so to speak, (february, march) I'll replay it again. :D I find it difficult to replay a story-heavy game when everything is still fresh in my mind. Doesn't give me the excitement. Its like.. Oh yea, I know what happens after that, and after tha, and after that -_-

Anyone else feels that way?

Assassin_M
01-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Here's what I do. I've finished AC III once, did 85%. Now I'm busy forgetting it, playing other games in the process. When I've almost forgotten the "smell" of AC III so to speak, (february, march) I'll replay it again. :D I find it difficult to replay a story-heavy game when everything is still fresh in my mind. Doesn't give me the excitement. Its like.. Oh yea, I know what happens after that, and after tha, and after that -_-

Anyone else feels that way?
It`s always new for me:p

Early or late does not matter....I`m a special case, though. So I don`t count xD

pirate1802
01-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I'll probably end up playing AC3 4-5 times before the new one comes, I just do it with intervals. I like to savour that feel, that excitement, that rush when you see/do something for the first time ever. The first time you climb up the crow's nest, the first time you set foot in Boston, the first time you see the Frontier..

I wish somebody would wipe my memory clean of all AC memory so I can experience it again :/

Rogue Agent 035
01-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I'll probably end up playing AC3 4-5 times before the new one comes, I just do it with intervals. I like to savour that feel, that excitement, that rush when you see/do something for the first time ever. The first time you climb up the crow's nest, the first time you set foot in Boston, the first time you see the Frontier..

I wish somebody would wipe my memory clean of all AC memory so I can experience it again :/

I agree with that as well..., I'm on my 4th playthrough of AC3 in order to prepare (so to speak) for the upcoming Tyranny of King Washington DLC. though it seems fer me at the rate of time I spend on a game, everytime I go back to it (at least with an AC3) there is no doubt that I find somethin that I never saw in the previous PT's either an ambient convo in the crowd, a convo on the homestead, an action in the frontier, somethin always pops that gives it that 1st time feel. Not to mention given my outside interest (i.e. kids/wife) tend to occupy a lot of my thoughts, an I tend to terrible at rememberin things. As to rememberin it all again, the best advice is alway the worse to hear, but try walkin away from it fer awhile an persue other interests gaming er otherwise an I garuntee..., when the time comes that you return to it you'll go from "Oh...., I know what happens next", to "Holy ...., I fergot about that little twist" ;)

Jexx21
01-01-2013, 09:45 AM
My monkey says yes.

cjdavies
01-21-2013, 07:48 PM
I have just finished Sequence 8 and looking at the stats been playing for 61 hours :eek: due to doing all side missions in between. When I finish I plan on replaying only the main missions, I may do the liberation in New York depends on how useful the Escort and Lure ability is til the end.

After reading back threads on how many times people have played :eek: I am considering buying AC1, AC2 and Brotherhood again (I trade games after finishing them if no MP or don't like MP), and playing just the main missions back to back on all 5, it will be like on big story. I didn't take much notice as didn't know what to expect and started to get repetitive. If I do this, I will play my other 2 games I have on my shelf from Xmas first - Saints Row 3 and Hitman Absolution. What is putting me off though is there are games I want to play that came out last year and obviously new ones this year. Decisions decisions :confused:

On Ebay now lol Assassins Creed 2 ending in 40 mins highest bid 1.04!