PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Beginning Sequence

jtburnett
12-30-2012, 06:33 AM
I can't believe I have to ask this, but exactly HOW do you complete the tutorial screen, synchronization, or whatever it's called?

I have the PC version, I air kill the 2 guards, then I'm told to simply jump the gap.

I can get to the 1st post, the 2nd post, then nothing I do will make him jump to the rooftop, or wherever he goes.

There must be some help out here, since this is just the beginning tutorial!

Thanx

cmrggamer
12-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Hmm, I assume you are playing with the keyboard? It should be the same buttons as for when navigating across the posts...as I recall you had to hold down the right mouse button (to be in high profile) have the camera face the way you want to go and press jump (I play on PC too, but I have a gamepad so I can't remember all the buttons at the moment).
And you're talking about the slanted roof, yes?

jtburnett
12-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Yes to slanted roof, yes to standard keyboard. I hold down right mouse button + W, he jumps>jumps- then nothing. I've tried just the space bar too. I've tried right mouse>space bar. Won't advance to rooftop.

jtburnett
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh! You RT Mouse+ W to the 1st post. RT Mouse + W to the 2nd post. Then RT Mouse + W + Space bar all at the same time to drop to the slanted rooftop. Duh! I must have missed that orientation instructional tip.I can now only image that as the game increases in difficulty, you're going to b e using 3 buttons with your left hand, at the same time you're pressing 4 different buttons with your right hand, plus using both sets of toes. All with a downloadable (wouldn't make any sense to include it) keyboard cheat-sheet (or "Manual" as they like to call it) that explains only the most basic of moves.

I can see, since most (including the Official Guide Book I purchased additional) of the help is for consoles, that this is going to be one wild ride.

Thanks to Omrggamer for at least TRYING to help. :)

cmrggamer
12-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

montagemik
12-31-2012, 03:42 AM
Oh! You RT Mouse+ W to the 1st post. RT Mouse + W to the 2nd post. Then RT Mouse + W + Space bar all at the same time to drop to the slanted rooftop. Duh! I must have missed that orientation instructional tip.I can now only image that as the game increases in difficulty, you're going to b e using 3 buttons with your left hand, at the same time you're pressing 4 different buttons with your right hand, plus using both sets of toes. All with a downloadable (wouldn't make any sense to include it) keyboard cheat-sheet (or "Manual" as they like to call it) that explains only the most basic of moves.

I can see, since most (including the Official Guide Book I purchased additional) of the help is for consoles, that this is going to be one wild ride.

Thanks to Omrggamer for at least TRYING to help. :)

Buy an X360/ PS3 controller for your PC then , the game was primarily designed for console play = might help.

cmrggamer
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
I personally prefer playing with a controller. I actually played a little with the keyboard for the first time with AC3 because my old gamepad was a little too old to be recognized by the game, haha. They're not too expensive, though.

jtburnett
12-31-2012, 06:56 AM
After looking around now I'm really confused. I'm 100% PC, and no nothing about consoles. After looking at various threads, I think I like PS3 style. Best Buy has a wireless Dualshock 3. Microsoft say's wireless is not supported. I see no wired ones. What's the skinny on what/where to get?

jtburnett
12-31-2012, 08:42 AM
After looking around now I'm really confused. I'm 100% PC, and no nothing about consoles. After looking at various threads, I think I like PS3 style. Best Buy has a wireless Dualshock 3. Microsoft say's wireless is not supported. I see no wired ones. What's the skinny on what/where to get?

Oh. You use the USB charging cable & install drivers, then everything's rainbows & unicorns right?

Now I see people saying PS3 is better for functionality, but won't work with most PC games (and the buttons on the controller won't match the game's intended corresponding button from PS3 TO PC), whereas XBox 360 works for most games, and the buttons do match the game right out of the box..

True? Will either work? Thoughts?

cmrggamer
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I believe I read that the suggested gamepad for this game was an XBox controller. I have a Logitech gamepad, and it works just fine :)

jtburnett
12-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Thank you!

GoldyTart
12-31-2012, 10:51 PM
If you want to use a ps3 controller, you could use DS3 Tools and emulate the controller to make the computer think that it is an Xbox controller. To do that you first download this
DS3 Tools version 0.6.0005 (stable)
http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

then you download the official usb drivers of xbox 360 controllers for pc
http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/9/4/69446ACF-E625-4CCF-8F56-58B589934CD3/Xbox360_64Eng.exe

Then when the program is running, go to the Driver Manager tab install the drivers by clicking on the install tab after checking the options.
Simply plug in the ps3 controller into the PC, let the drivers install by themselves,
then go to the Profiles tab and select the "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" point and then click the pink enable button. After clicking it, Windows will try to install the x360 drivers and there you go, you can now use the PS3 controller spoofed as an Xbox one

EDIT: To test if the ps3 controller is recognized, click on the vibration test next to the pink Enable button and see if your controller vibrates. Also to see if your PS3 controller is properly emulated, you could click on the PS button and Windows should show a pop up about clicking to launch the accessory. That means that Windows thinks you actually pressed the Xbox button meaning that the controller is properly emulated.

If you have a bluetooth adapter, you could wirelessly connect to your PS3 controller and play wirelessly, but that's more of a hassle to set up.